PDA

View Full Version : Tonights Expectations

Pistons < Spurs
06-14-2005, 06:01 PM
Boy O Boy, I'm dying for a win. Still confident on a new Ring, but starting to feel the heat. I do believe tongiht we will see true Detroit Basketball. As I'm sure many other Piston fans, and other fans who may have seen us play throughout the year, have been a little dissapointed with the performance so far of my team. Tonight it has to be brought straight to the heart of the Spurs.

Home court, and our crowd will be a nice change for them. The last 3 games we have played have been big pressure games in hostile enviroments. This should help with the energy which has up to this point, not been there.

Tayshaun will start to assert himself. I don't know whats been up with him, But he's seemed sluggish since game 2 against Miami. I think he's just tired as hell having to chase around Wade and now Manu.

Rasheed will get his 20pts (which equates to a win for us). Let him start inside, and then you'll see him hit some big 3's. I've liked his defense on Duncan so far this series, and expect it to continue tonight......however, I do think tonight is the night that Duncan has a big game...I see him getting alot of touches near the end of the game.

Rip will start hitting his shot. Bowen has been doing a good job staying in his face, and puttin a body on him, but up to this point, we've seen Rip try to play him way too much 1 on 1. Expect alot more screens tonight w/ that quick release.

Ben.....O' Captain! My Captian! rise up and hear the bells. Where in the hell has our Defensive Player of the Year been? I'm so used to see him dictating the level of hustle, and energy that our teasm plays with. I know he's had a child who needed surgery, and had a friend die, but still....this is the FINALS man. I do though expect him to be back to his normal self. Nazr is gonna get a beat down!

Chauncey has been our only solid player. Hopefully he can get ppl involved early, and add some points as well. However, I will not be suprised to see him going for his own shot if ppl keep missing theirs. Last game, in the 4th, Billups started scoring again, as he seemed frustrated that no one else was hittin' em'.

Do not be suprised if you see some sort of "make-up" calls during this game. I do expect to see the home team get the benefit of the doubt. This is a big point, as we are a good free throw shooting team, and are used to getting alot of fouls when we drive to the hole. And I do not think you'll see tay and sheed on the bench with 2 early fouls again.

My prediction is 96-89 Detroit. A much more competitive game. More hustle plays by Detroit. Less from Parker...more from Duncan...less from Manu...more from Horry.

Looking forward to a good one. Good luck to your Spurs...but better luck to my Pistons!

2 hours till game time....I can't wait. I really want to add an "X" to my sig!!

Hopefully ONCE...or if, we win, your lovely boards here will not see a full out attack by Piston Fan.........

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-14-2005, 06:03 PM
I expect at least one reference to the brawl...

samikeyp
06-14-2005, 06:05 PM
I expect Hubie Brown to mess up at least twice and that Al Michaels will find a way to reference the Lakers.

boutons
06-14-2005, 06:11 PM
"Al Michaels will find a way to reference the Lakers."

duh, the PJ re-hire guarantees that. Sure to mentioned before, during, and after the game.

The NBATV mofos interrupted the sacred n-th replay of the Game2 to show Phil Live From Wherever.

Phil said the 72-10 Bulls season was a "re-building' year, so he's not worried about re-building the Lakers, blah, blah, blah, etc, etc.

samikeyp
06-14-2005, 06:13 PM
I would have said that regardless of today's events. Michaels is such a Laker homer its pathetic....ask the Pistons fans who watched the finals last year. Hell...we got it in the WCSF on the Sunday game.

manu = balki
06-14-2005, 06:29 PM
tonight, mighty spurs beat pistons. i no like play in detroit. it loud and hurt ears. i still score 40. i win game and make pistons cry. i no play bad. i do dance of joy when i beat pistons.

ducks
06-14-2005, 06:36 PM
I expect a close game
something this series has not been yet

I expect a run from the pistons to start of the game

rip should go off tonight but bowen held marion in check all suns series
be intersting if bowen can do that to rip

whottt
06-14-2005, 06:47 PM
What do I expect? I expect you to lose Mr. Piston

Bwa
ah
ah
ah
ha

angel_luv
06-14-2005, 06:48 PM
Thank you Detroit! We'll be here till Thursday. Go Spurs Go!

mavsfan1000
06-14-2005, 06:50 PM
Al Michaels will have a comparison to hockey like Gretzky or something.

T Park
06-14-2005, 06:50 PM
I expect a tough game.

I expect if the SPurs are up after 3, the next 5 quarters are blowouts.

mavsfan1000
06-14-2005, 06:52 PM
I expect San Antonio to win a close game 86-81.

Seņor Stan
06-14-2005, 07:53 PM
Pistons will not crack 80. Again.

Detroit trys to stop Manu at all costs and free up Parker and Duncan for 25+ each.