PDA

View Full Version : The Bitchy Detroit Pistons Fans Who Called Into WDFN And Cried!!

nbascribe
06-14-2005, 06:14 PM
Was listening to WDFN today and all I heard were a bunch of Pistons fans being whiney bitches about how their team didn't get calls and that we went to the line more than them (sounds familiar Spurs fans?).

One of the hosts basically told his listeners to quit being a bunch of punks and realize that the Pistons got drove.

What was alos interesting was that Larry Brown went off on two other hosts on the same network and this was on GAME DAY!!

So what do you think? Detroit fans too whiney because their team isn't playing well at all?

samikeyp
06-14-2005, 06:15 PM
The ones here, with a couple of exceptions, have been pretty cool.

nbascribe
06-14-2005, 06:16 PM
They don't count....they are definitely cool. I had to listen to the enemy's show to see what they were plotting. All I heard was WAAAAHHH!!

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-14-2005, 06:17 PM
Was listening to WDFN today and all I heard were a bunch of Pistons fans being whiney bitches about how their team didn't get calls and that we went to the line more than them (sounds familiar Spurs fans?).

One of the hosts basically told his listeners to quit being a bunch of punks and realize that the Pistons got drove.

What was alos interesting was that Larry Brown went off on two other hosts on the same network and this was on GAME DAY!!

So what do you think? Detroit fans too whiney because their team isn't playing well at all?

IT'S A DAMN CONSPIRACY!!

Do you know what time slot it was?

I assume it was Stoney and Wojo that Brown went off on...

Pistons < Spurs
06-14-2005, 06:20 PM
All I heard was WAAAAHHH!!

It happens. but, what ya gonna do? As with any fan base, we have our biatches.

nbascribe
06-14-2005, 06:21 PM
DLF yeah it was...he was teeing off on WoJo like a five year old who just learned how to hit the teeball off the tee!!

combs84
06-14-2005, 06:23 PM
Yeah Stoney and Wojo have Brown on on gameday so it had to be them, I missed it as well. There has been a little tension between them due to the Cavs GM job and Larrys Backlash of the Media for reporting it constantly.

You will find a lot of whiners around here, and it all starts with the Detroit Pistons players. The fans seem to feed off of what they think and say, and the Talk Show hosts are just fed up with talking about it.

pooh
06-14-2005, 06:23 PM
Piston fans and some Spurs whine on Jorge Sedano's show overnight...but lately it's primarly been Piston fans complaining.

06-14-2005, 06:24 PM
Piston fans and some Spurs whine on Jorge Sedano's show overnight...but lately it's primarly been Piston fans complaining.

Hmmm...I wonder why?

manu = balki
06-14-2005, 06:25 PM
i no get bad calls. big man knock me down, i shoot free ball. i make shot. spurs win. refs no make bad calls.

combs84
06-14-2005, 06:26 PM
Now thats funny. :)

nbascribe
06-14-2005, 06:26 PM
I figured as much DET fans. But the problem with the Cavs story is that both Larry and Joey D are the culprits. If he didn't want the story reported how about doing something that was total class...such as tell Gilbert that he will talk with him after the series or that he wasn't interested????

But the fans…my gawd what games were they watching. A great majority of them must subscribe to Oliver Stone's diary!! lol

pooh
06-14-2005, 06:27 PM
Pistons fans gave Sedano a hard time because he works for the Heat and he was predicting the Heat would make the finals. Spurs fans call in around 2:30 or 3:00 in the morning. Some of time, they're screaming for respect and such, but Pistons say the same thing.

combs84
06-14-2005, 06:28 PM
To be fair, he basically did tell him to wait untill after the season. Its not like he was negotiating with them. While I am anything but an LB fan, he deserves more credit then that.

PistonsNation
06-14-2005, 06:28 PM
Those probably aren't fans that know the game. They've probably been Pistons fans for about a year now. Pay no attention to them. All they know is what the media tells them.

nbascribe
06-14-2005, 06:29 PM
As for Sedano's show most of those idiots couldn't tell you about basketball if they wanted to. Heck Marcel and I got into this morning and he's still peeved because I busted him both on and OFF the air!! :lol

And Pooh what are you doing up that early in the morning?????? You not that lone Pacer fan who keeps calling in are you??? :blah

06-14-2005, 06:29 PM
But the fans…my gawd what games were they watching. A great majority of them must subscribe to Oliver Stone's diary!! lol

To be fair, if the roles were reversed I think the exact same things would be said by Spurs Fan. It's just the nature of sports and fanbases. It's easier to blame someone else...

IT'S A DAMN CONSPIRACY!!!

nbascribe
06-14-2005, 06:34 PM
Flash those attempts came off of penetrations and kickouts. That's what happens when a motion offense is allowed to flow with very little interruptions.

06-14-2005, 06:36 PM
Flash those attempts came off of penetrations and kickouts. That's what happens when a motion offense is allowed to flow with very little interruptions.

If by interruptions you mean fouls, then I agree...

:lol

pooh
06-14-2005, 06:43 PM
As for Sedano's show most of those idiots couldn't tell you about basketball if they wanted to. Heck Marcel and I got into this morning and he's still peeved because I busted him both on and OFF the air!! :lol

And Pooh what are you doing up that early in the morning?????? You not that lone Pacer fan who keeps calling in are you??? :blah

So that WAS you last night on the air. I thought it was you but I wasn't sure. Yeah you were giving poor Marcel a hard time, but he's a huge bandwagoner. He jumps ship when the wind blows. I'm always up at that hour. It's my favorite show to listen to. I stay up until Sczaban comes on...or the beginning of STSA then I shut it off.

I've never phoned into Sedano's show. I have emailed a few times, but that was it. Sedano has some good callers, but he gives them hell because he's so close to the Miami Heat and tends to make them look stupid. But it's still a good show to listen to overnight. I thought it was cool when they were slamming ESPN's overnight host Todd Wright. That was classic.

T Park
06-14-2005, 06:48 PM
they were slamming ESPN's overnight host Todd Wright

yeah cause those clowns are so much better.

Ive listened to em, they spend as much show on sports as Keith Olberman does on his MSNBC TV show.

pooh
06-14-2005, 06:51 PM
Todd Wright's show is 95% full of taped interviews. That was one of things Sedano and crew were poking fun about last night.

T Park
06-14-2005, 06:56 PM
Todd Wright's show is 95% full of taped interviews

uhhh because hes on in the middle of the night.

you wanna tell me the players he might get on at 4 am???

Of course you wont, cause your a know it all smartass.

JamStone
06-14-2005, 07:00 PM
It's already been mentioned, but whenver a team loses big games at this time of the year, there are going to be fans of that team that are going to complain about officiating. Even though Miami "said" they didn't complain, there were subtle ways that Shaq and some of the other players did point at the refs. In one interview, Shaq basically said he was getting killed everytime he had the ball, but he doesn't complain about it. That made me laugh because he just did, but used a disclaimer that he wasn't.

The officiating is not the reason the Spurs are up 2-0 over the Pistons. The Spurs have simply outplayed, outhustled, out executed the Pistons in these two first games.

Having said that, a little perspective does come into play. When the Pistons are trying to be aggressive and don't get the benefit of calls, and even more so the starters get two quick fouls in the first quarter, it does have an impact on how aggressive those players can play. While I don't believe in conpiracy theories, it has been a little disheartening that the Pistons have been called on a lot of touch fouls, and when they try to be aggressive and attack the rim, not many calls go there way.

It's not an excuse for the losses. Nor should unfortunate calls make the Piston players so upset to affect their game mentally. But, tough calls have played a role in how aggressive the Piston players can play defense and attack the rim. And, against a phenomenal team like the San Antonio Spurs, that puts the Pistons in a huge hole to try to climb out of.

The Spurs are great. And, the Pistons need to play near perfect basketball, get some lucky bounces, and get the benefit of as many calls as possible in order to beat the Spurs.

I think that's what has been frustrating for the Pistons in those two first games.

pooh
06-14-2005, 07:04 PM
uhhh because hes on in the middle of the night.

you wanna tell me the players he might get on at 4 am???

Of course you wont, cause your a know it all smartass.

Duh...I know he's on at the middle of the night. Is my name Tpark? No.

It's dumb for an overnight show to just run taped interviews that you could just watch if you flip on ESPNews anyway.

As for your last statement...yes I am thank you very much.

T Park
06-14-2005, 07:05 PM
the Pistons have been called on a lot of touch fouls, and when they try to be aggressive and attack the rim, not many calls go there way

for christ sakes....

T Park
06-14-2005, 07:07 PM
It's dumb for an overnight show to just run taped interviews that you could just watch if you flip on ESPNews anyway.

what the fuck are you talking about.

He tapes interviews with players about 2 or 3 hours before his show.

What the fuck is wrong with that.

Just sit around and have a flirt fest with the other two people that are there, yeah thats best.

Fuck.

I know he's on at the middle of the night. Is my name Tpark? No

If that was an insult, you my friend are a single Aer.

pooh
06-14-2005, 07:33 PM
what the fuck are you talking about.

He tapes interviews with players about 2 or 3 hours before his show.

What the fuck is wrong with that.

Just sit around and have a flirt fest with the other two people that are there, yeah thats best.

Fuck.

If that was an insult, you my friend are a single Aer.

Nothing is wrong with it, just throw in some REAL LIVE callers. His show is mainly just repeating the same interviews over and over...when he's not talking about his boy, Barry Zito every night and his lust for Jessica Biel, Simpson, etc...

Sedano, Karen Kay (who does updates every hour and 1/2 hr) and Josh Gears interact yes...but it's nothing compared to the Jay Howard/Laura Green love fest. I'd rather hear Sedano and crew talk about sports and things that are sports related than tapes of Beano Cook, B Arthur Shackman, etc...

I don't have to try and insult you...you're a Cards fan.