PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 expansion rumors

djohn2oo8
09-30-2011, 08:11 AM
KegsnEggs Adam Kramer
by orngandblu
RT @TheUpsetBlog Our sources confirm BYU has accepted offer to join the Big 12 in principle

GabeDeArmondGabe DeArmond
Lot of reports/tweets about Louisville, Cincy, WVA, BYU and TCU joining Big 12. No clue if none, all or somewhere in between are true.

ChrisLevelChris Level
Sure seem to be strong, strong signals out there right not about BYU & TCU joining the Big 12. Nothing official yet but talk getting louder.

TheUpsetBlogTheUpsetBlog
Our sources confirm BYU has accepted offer to join the Big 12 in principle.

ChuckCarltonDMNChuck Carlton
A source on the idea of TCU, Louisville, Cincinnati, W. Va to the Big 12: "It's one of the leading options." Big 12 waiting on Missouri.

A source on the idea of TCU, Louisville, Cincinnati, W. Va to the Big 12: "It's one of the leading options." Big 12 waiting on Missouri.

A last word on 4 BE to Big 12 idea: Source called it "one of the leading options." There are several on table, ranging from 9 to 16 teams.

stretch
09-30-2011, 09:50 AM
BYU is nice as its just a well known school to add to the conference. I really hope they get TCU for football, and Louisville for basketball.

People whine a lot about TCU not bringing much due to poor attendance/following, but I think thats crap. When they get to play teams like Texas, OU, Okie State, as opposed to UNLV, San Diego State, and New Mexico, and being that they will be in a legit conference on an annual basis, those seats are going to be much more full, and there will be a much bigger following.

Blake
09-30-2011, 10:16 AM
If Mizz decides to stay put, I think they add BYU and stop at 10 schools.

If they do go back to 12, I think they do go after TCU and Louisville, but personally I'd rather add Houston and TCU.

Houston has a nice amount of history in both football and basketball, may soon become a state flagship university and it would make for better regional rivalries.

coyotes_geek
09-30-2011, 10:17 AM
TCU is expanding their stadium so they sure seem to think that attendance isn't going to be a problem.

benefactor
09-30-2011, 10:28 AM
BYU is nice as its just a well known school to add to the conference. I really hope they get TCU for football, and Louisville for basketball.

:tu

coyotes_geek
09-30-2011, 11:49 AM
If Mizz decides to stay put, I think they add BYU and stop at 10 schools.

If Mizzou gets the wink from the SEC that their application to join would be accepted, they're going to leave. And with the ACC looking like they've got some solidarity, I don't see why Mizzou wouldn't be at the top of the SEC's list.

If they do go back to 12, I think they do go after TCU and Louisville, but personally I'd rather add Houston and TCU.

Houston has a nice amount of history in both football and basketball, may soon become a state flagship university and it would make for better regional rivalries.

I have a hard time seeing the B12 adding more than one Texas school. I don't think the non Texas schools want the conference becoming so Texas-centric.

Sisk
09-30-2011, 12:01 PM
:lol these schools talking about adding BYU but call Aggies weird. Have fun with that shit.

And you think Dodds wants U of H? :lmao

He doesn't want that type of recruiting competition.

DMX7
09-30-2011, 12:30 PM
:lol these schools talking about adding BYU but call Aggies weird. Have fun with that shit.

Got to be honest, the BYU folks are actually normal seeming in comparison to Aggie. I think that's why so many people don't even give secular element a second thought.

Bill_Brasky
09-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Hmm TCU seems like a nice option now that theyre good. But im concerned about what happens when they have a down period where they go unranked. Will fans still show up to games? Will unranked TCU bring in enough money?

They are definitely gonna be good for awhile though. I hear Daje Johnson outta Hendrickson committed there and det nigga has been a beast this season. Might catch a game if I get the chance this year.

djohn2oo8
09-30-2011, 12:54 PM

Agree that no way he wants U of H. That would be stupid beyond belief, as of right now, no one outside of Houston gives a shit about U of H, and thats still not many people in Houston who give a shit about them.

Bill_Brasky
09-30-2011, 01:34 PM

Tbh I wonder if they kiss all their wives when they score

Sisk
09-30-2011, 01:42 PM
Tbh I wonder if they kiss all their wives when they score

It's probably against their code of conduct.

Sisk
09-30-2011, 01:43 PM
I think that's why so many people don't even give secular element a second thought.

Or they are just desperate because they don't want the conference to collapse.

Blake
09-30-2011, 02:00 PM
I have a hard time seeing the B12 adding more than one Texas school. I don't think the non Texas schools want the conference becoming so Texas-centric.

I don't really see it either. It's just what I would want to see.

Blake
09-30-2011, 02:02 PM

Make no mistake, Aggies and Mormons are both weird.

Sisk
09-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Make no mistake, Aggies and Mormons are both weird.

I'll be the first to admit Aggies are strange. We have some really weird traditions. But it's funny to me that these same people who make fun of strangeness are wanting to add Mormons to the b12. From what I'm hearing, they'll be members very soon. Lots of chatter about mizzou to the SEC, too. One of their board members (maybe president? I can't remember) sent out an e-mail to current and former students saying he knows that the majority of them don't want to remain b12 members and they are aware of that. I'm betting they leave.

Blake
09-30-2011, 02:07 PM
Will unranked TCU bring in enough money?

Since the big time money comes from TV contracts, I don't think a ranked TCU brings in any extra bargaining power.

The only thing they would bring would be an extra school just to get to the magic number of 12..........which would means a conference championship game.........which at that point would mean a bit more conference money.

Blake
09-30-2011, 02:19 PM
But it's funny to me that these same people who make fun of strangeness are wanting to add Mormons to the b12.

Nobody wanted the strange Aggies to leave the conference.

benefactor
09-30-2011, 07:54 PM
Religious cult strangeness>>>>obsessed little brother/faggy traditions strangeness. No more goofy "lol look at all the stuff we do to insult UT but no one cares but us" routine. Exchange male cheerleaders for female? Does this need to be asked?

Plus there's the fact they've actually been successful...both historically and recently. 10 or more wins in 4 of the last 5 seasons with 4 top 25 finishes and a 4-1 bowl record.

Pretty easily an upgrade from Aggie tbh.

vander
10-01-2011, 05:14 AM
BSU? pretty please?

fuck, we just scheduled BYU for 12 years, but if either team gets into an AQ conference the whole thing can be canceled, and what happens the next day? rumors of BYU getting into the Big 12. :bang

beating BYU every year would have been good for BSU on many levels