PDA

View Full Version : Manu Quotes for an Argentinean Newspaper

manubili
06-14-2005, 06:31 PM
(Lousy Google translation, and my poor english don't help much)

http://www.clarin.com/diario/2005/06/14/deportes/d-05401.htm

Ginóbili: "We are so near the championship...

Manu assures to be "happy of the life" but without time to enjoy it. It foretells "hard games" of visitor and he cannot hide his anxiety.

Daniel Pelisch. DETROIT. SPECIAL ENVOY
[email protected]

Stirring. It is the word that synthesizes the emotions lived Sunday to the night in the SBC Center on San Antonio. Almost the 18 thousand people singing initials MVP, MVP and applauded to rage. The adressee of the collective euphoria was an Argentinean which wears the t-shirt number 20, for that the multitude demanded the prize to the Most valuable Player of the end of the NBA, before Detroit. The adressee was Emanuel Ginóbili.

-- Do you dream with being the MVP?

--No I want neither to think about that, nor to have it in account at least. It is something that the only thing that can get to do is to remove me from the objective. I only want to think about winning. Later, that comes what is.

-- Do you play even better than in the first party?

-- Maybe. That way it was not as shining as at the end of first, when the thing was put very hard. But throughout all the game I was better. I liked much that I could pass the ball well to find companions free. That caused that the hoop was opened to us very many.

--Sunday was very superior to Detroit...

--Yes', but I have very many respect to them to the Pistons. They are the champions and they always reverted negative situations. They are an equipment very similar to us and if there were lost both first games very we would be angered, and third game would be another history. So none of us even think that we are superior in any way.

-- You were very patient at the beginning of the game

--I didn't want to commit the same error that in the beginning of the first game, to force a little the things. So I tried to play with more patience, to watch the game well. As I always say, to feel and so that my confidence raises, I do not need well to make points nothing else. The fact to take hold a pair of bounces or to pass the ball well, as it happened in the first time, caused that my confidence raised much. That prepared to me so that in second half it could raise a little more.

-- Bowen is going to pay a dinner to you by the attendances that you gave him?

-- (Laugh). I also believe that we must pay several to him. Because if not outside reason why did, I had had to run to Hamilton by all sides and another one would be the story. This is "laburo" (work) of a team. We are very proud of the work that we did and each one is key in different headings.

-- What requested Popovich to you when Detroit approached eight points after being losing by 23? It gave the sensation that from you took there plus the control of the game...

-- He asked that we continued moving the ball, that we did not stop much. We were restraining too much the ball and they were guarding very well the line of passes. We had stagnated a little. But he did not say play for Manu and that he decides.

--Se put lasts the defense of the Pistons in the second time. Do you think that in Detroit will be worse?

-- Obviously. They are going to be still more hard. The public is going to give a hand to them and that motivates to you, aid enormously. So it is going to be extremely complicated. Today (for Sunday) I did not hope that we could write down 58 points time in the middle. It is almost sure that is not going away to repeat. So still we must much more base the game on the defense.

-- What you felt when people began to cheer you up and did not stop to do it until the end?

Incredible --Es. We are in one of the events most important of básquet and have played well and that the public respects so much to you and appreciates of that way which you did in the field, is brilliant. I am always in the same one: contentment, happy of the life, but with hardly time to enjoy it. In 48 hours (for today) we will be playing again an important party as this one, so there is no time to distract ourselves in flatteries. The subject is that it gained and we are more and more near the championship.

Manu Ginóbili, a genius in the field. Pure balance when he has the word.