View Full Version : With all due respect to Tim and Manu

King
06-14-2005, 07:06 PM
Here's your playoff MVP

http://sports.espn.go.com/media/nba/2003/0507/photo/a_bowen_vi.jpg

T Park
06-14-2005, 07:09 PM
Thats my vote.

Hopefully he can shut down Hamilton tonight and thursday, and maybe get some consideration.

I, myself, am enjoying the POSITIVE press that he is recieving right now.

Its fantastic.

manu = balki
06-14-2005, 07:10 PM
don't be ridikalus. you wrong. bowen no good at basketball like manu. bowen no score lot of points. i score lot of points. i run and get knock down and shoot free ball well. bown no shoot free ball well. bowen no from argentina. i good basketball. i win gold medal. i only win mvp. bowen no win mvp. duncan no from argentina either. he from virgin islands. duncan no have sex. duncan no mvp. only manu. i do dance of joy with massenburg when i win mvp.

ALVAREZ6
06-14-2005, 07:11 PM
manu=balki......was that supposed to be even a little humorous?

Cant_Be_Faded
06-14-2005, 07:13 PM
It was funny as a thread but not as a user.

I think Bowen has a chance if Hamilton stays to ~14 ppg in this series AND bowen somehow hits enough three's to average about 15 ppg this series.

its highly improbable, but not impossible.......

I think Tim will get it though. Timmah!!!

King
06-14-2005, 07:14 PM
Thats my vote.

Hopefully he can shut down Hamilton tonight and thursday, and maybe get some consideration.

I, myself, am enjoying the POSITIVE press that he is recieving right now.

Its fantastic.

It's just unbelievable how good this guy is. Game in and out, he just shuts down their best player (wing player, anyway). I agree that he's finally getting the press, and it's good to see. Hopefully people will remember this come DPOY voting next year. As well as remember Ben's performance come voting.

King
06-14-2005, 07:16 PM
It was funny as a thread but not as a user.

I think Bowen has a chance if Hamilton stays to ~14 ppg in this series AND bowen somehow hits enough three's to average about 15 ppg this series.

its highly improbable, but not impossible.......

I think Tim will get it though. Timmah!!!

I don't think he'll get it, and I'm not saying that Manu and/or Tim don't deserve it. I just think the Spurs success has been predicated on their defense, and Bruce Bowen is the heart of that.

manu = balki
06-14-2005, 07:16 PM
manu=balki......was that supposed to be even a little humorous?

manu no be funny. manu is tell truth. i say bowen no mvp. i only mvp.

Brodels
06-14-2005, 07:17 PM
Remember, Eric Williams > Bowen. Or so I've been told.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-14-2005, 07:18 PM
I don't think he'll get it, and I'm not saying that Manu and/or Tim don't deserve it. I just think the Spurs success has been predicated on their defense, and Bruce Bowen is the heart of that.

Theres no doubt he deserves consideration. But in reality, I just cannot see the powers that be seeing it the way you're seeing it.

He had like zero points 1 rebound in game 1 or something like that.
It just ain't happening.

King
06-14-2005, 07:22 PM
Theres no doubt he deserves consideration. But in reality, I just cannot see the powers that be seeing it the way you're seeing it.

He had like zero points 1 rebound in game 1 or something like that.
It just ain't happening.

Oh, I know for a fact he won't get it, and I'm not trying to plead his case or anything like that. I'm just in awe of how good this guy is. His postseason has been one of the best I've ever seen a player have, defensively.

combs84
06-14-2005, 07:36 PM
The MVP is for the Finals. We have played 2 games so far. I knwo the topic starter meant for the entire playoffs but the rest of you went in a different direction. Bowen has done a solid job on Rip, but things can certainly change...and IMO they will tonight.