PDA

View Full Version : M12 Franchise: Miami Dolphins

Brutalis
09-30-2011, 06:59 PM
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb344/Wayne_Phillips/miamidolphinsscript.png

This isn't going to be easy. I decided to take on my mostly favorite NFL squad, and their horrid offense and try to make something out of them. It's going to be a real task to transform this franchise into what it once was before. I'll be using the week 4 roster update from EA Sports, aka everything is current as it can be.

I will be posting screenshots from my games, as well as some videos probably. I will try to make this as in-depth as I can along with it to possibly make this one of the better franchises I have ever done in any sport. You guys should feel free to give me your comments and suggestions. I also do not mind some advice as I am a Madden rookie and have not played since M10, and before that I played M97 when Marino was damn beastly. I am a below average player to be honest. So anyways, here it goes.

Madden 12 Franchise Settings
Sim Injuries: OFF
Injuries: OFF
Salary Cap: ON
Quarter Length: 10mins
Fantasy Draft: OFF
Trade Deadline: ON
Preexisting Injuries: OFF
Depth Chart: USER
Re-signings: USER
FA Bidding: USER
Sign Draft Picks: USER
Scouting: USER
Edit Player Ratings: OFF
_ _ _ _ _

Injuries are off because I feel like they ruin the game, and even though they happen in real life I don't want to beat a team cause their star isn't playing.

I absolutely hate playing preseason games, therefor they will all be simmed. I will be making my own cuts each preseason week though. There won't be any game pics or videos during preseason since it's all simmed.

Preseason; Week 1
Miami 10 @ Atlanta 13
Cuts
FB T. Bailey, P D. Twitty, K Z. Stephens, MLB A. Spitler

Preseason; Week 2
Carolina 9 @ Miami 24
Cuts
LOLB L. Fletcher, LE R. Baker, TW T. Murray, FB I. Ohradzansky

Preseason; Week 3
Miami 30 @ Tampa Bay 17
Cuts
QB D. Morgan, CB B. King, WR J. Pruitt, DT D. Washington
SS Z. Pearl, FS A. Russell, CB N. Carroll, MLB M. Mithcell

Preseason; Week 4
Dallas 21 @ Miami 23
Cuts
LOLB I. Alma-Francis, RE P. Merling, LE J. Penney, RT D. Hayes

I would really like to know where the hell that offense came from, but then again it is preseason so anything can happen there. Now onto week 1 of the regular season!

So I went and took a look at the free agents, and Garrard caught my eye, however he wanted 16 mil over 2 years, which being rated 83 to Chad Henne's 79 isn't worth 16 million. Well, to me anyways. I did however decide that I have to force a run game considering Reggie Bush is just a 74 and my rookie starting back Daniel Thomas is just a 75.

Welcome FB L. Weaver. I signed him for 9.05m over 3 seasons which is a bit much for a fullback but damn he is a good blocker and I hope to get him open in some flats because with Henne as my QB I will be doing mostly slants, screens, flats, and bubble passes.

My O-Line is very solid, and my defense is above average for sure so I decided to hold off making any more signings until I see how the season is going and depending on what happens I'll make appropriate decisions then.

I went through my depth chart and decided to make several cuts, parting ways with players on 1 year minimum deals that would never see the field.

LG A. Caldwell 35OVR, DT D. Potts 45OVR, LT J. Felder 50OVR, HB D. Hall 42OVR, C D. Parks 41OVR, WR R. Wallace 61OVR, and TE W. Yeatman 59OVR went bye-bye.

Week 1
http://nflhelmets.tvheaven.com/Helmets/patriotsleft.bmp AT http://nflhelmets.tvheaven.com/Helmets/dolphinsright.bmp

I'll be back later tonight with my week 1 results, screens, and maybe some videos of the top plays.