PDA

View Full Version : Wade Yells At Stern For Pointing At Him

Koolaid_Man
10-01-2011, 04:42 AM
Report: Wade Yelled At Stern While Making Pointed Remarks

Sep 30, 2011 8:30 PM EDT

http://basketball.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Wade_Dwyane_mia_110602.jpg

Dwyane Wade reportedly yelled at David Stern while making 'pointed remarks' during Friday's labor meeting, sources tell ESPN.

Sources say Stern pointed at Wade, which was taken as a sign of disrespect and that triggered the outburst.

Wade was quoted this week of saying that players like him would be worth upwards of $50 million if there were no salary restrictions.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/215799/Report_Wade_Yelled_At_Stern_While_Making_Pointed_R emarks#ixzz1ZWMo3Rnv

midnightpulp
10-01-2011, 05:51 AM
A racist topic posted by a racist.

Why so racist, Kool?

Gutter92
10-01-2011, 06:04 AM
tbh bigger cajones than Kobe

Kobe woulda never yelled @ Stern

Koolaid_Man
10-01-2011, 07:19 AM
tbh bigger cajones than Kobe

Kobe woulda never yelled @ Stern

He doesn't have too...it's like a drug dealer who never touches the yayo but still clocks a million bucks every hour...Kobe has people to do the dirty work for him...I'm just like Wade I'm a soldier for the Mamba...but I am moving up in rank also.

Besides Stern is on record as saying Kobe was on his personal all time favorite team..which he said was:

Magic
MJ
Bird
Shaq
Kobe

So Stren would never point at Kobe to begin with....:lol

Koolaid_Man
10-01-2011, 07:24 AM
A racist topic posted by a racist.

Why so racist, Kool?

what are you referring to? your OCD acting up this morning...you still smarting over the board recognizing you as a bigot aren't you. People can change midget they can change...I can hear the desire / sincerity in your posts. :lol

LkrFan
10-01-2011, 07:46 AM
Wade biting the hand that fed him 1 million FTAs? :downspin:

Nathan89
10-01-2011, 09:20 AM
Besides Stern is on record as saying Kobe was on his personal all time favorite team..which he said was:

Magic
MJ
Bird
Shaq
Kobe

So Stren would never point at Kobe to begin with....:lol

Is that why the refs cheated for them?

:lmao needing refs to win with two so called top ten players of all-time

Giuseppe
10-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Is that why the refs cheated for them?

:lmao needing refs to win with two so called top ten players of all-time

You got no room. Stern & the refs cheated for your Spurs as well.

It happens.

BRHornet45
10-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Sons none of these players DESERVE anything, but rather are blessed to "earn" the outrageous salaries they get.

MR.SILVER&BLack
10-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Sons none of these players DESERVE anything, but rather are blessed to "earn" the outrageous salaries they get.
agreed. kind of shocking just how greedy people can get.

Koolaid_Man
10-01-2011, 12:41 PM

no more than the owners deserve what they make...and no more do strippers who shake their asses for ME....:lol

BRHornet45
10-01-2011, 12:56 PM
no more than the owners deserve what they make...and no more do strippers who shake their asses for ME....:lol

Son the owners are the ones who each have invested hundreds of millions of dollars into making the NBA. The players have invested absolutely nothing and are blessed to have a platform to play on to make the type of money they do. Also people (business ignorant people) tend to forget that its not just the owners when people say "owners vs players". The owners also represent the hundreds, if not thousands of employees for the teams that make the NBA work. So if you ask me the owners should get 60% while the greedy (and for the most part uneducated) players get 40% and should be thankful to get that.

mavsfan1000
10-01-2011, 01:27 PM
Wade biting the hand that fed him 1 million FTAs? :downspin:
But maybe their relationship has gone downhill based on last year. :lol

Koolaid_Man
10-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Son the owners are the ones who each have invested hundreds of millions of dollars into making the NBA. The players have invested absolutely nothing and are blessed to have a platform to play on to make the type of money they do. Also people (business ignorant people) tend to forget that its not just the owners when people say "owners vs players". The owners also represent the hundreds, if not thousands of employees for the teams that make the NBA work. So if you ask me the owners should get 60% while the greedy (and for the most part uneducated) players get 40% and should be thankful to get that.

:lol I love you BR...(you gave me 33 & 22) but at the same time you are fucking insane...:lol

I say the players are the ones getting fucked...Take MJ for example...he played all those years a and didn't make a dam thing until I think the last 2 seasons...I think one contract he played on wasn't even a million bucks...The owners make money because of the product plain and simple...:lol

Koolaid_Man
10-01-2011, 01:57 PM
update to this story:

Report: Wade Warned Stern Not To Point Finger, Stop Acting Like Child

Oct 01, 2011 10:42 AM EDT

http://basketball.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Wade_Dwyane_mia_110530.jpg
Dwyane Wade "stood up for himself," a person with knowledge of the meeting said when he confronted David Stern, who was behaving with a tone and gestures the players took exception to.

According to two people familiar with the incident, Wade warned Stern not to point his finger and made reference to not being a child.
After the confrontation, union chief Billy Hunter and Stern met privately, seeking a way to calm nerves and preserve the rest of the negotiations.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/215802/Report_Wade_Warned_Stern_Not_To_Point_Finger_Stop_ Acting_Like_Child#ixzz1ZYendSdP

fevertrees
10-01-2011, 02:13 PM
Wade biting the hand that gift wrapped a NBA title for him. Guess he is butthurt that Stern didn't give him the same treatment in this year's Finals.

Juggity
10-01-2011, 02:23 PM

Without superstars, the league is not a marketable product. The owners should acknowledge the value of their assets. I'm amazed that players have for so long accepted the unfair distribution of income between profits for the owner and wages for them. Reminds me of the labor management accord of 1948, where GM workers and the UAW folded when GM offered them cost of living allowances that took into account inflation, but in doing so accepted the existing distribution of income as being both fair and normal when in fact it was neither.

The players certainly have much more to lose in this lockout, and their often terrible financial habits do not help this much, but the superstars of the league are vastly underpaid for the value they bring to the owners and role players are vastly overpaid by comparison.

NewcastleKEG
10-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Stern realizes he needs to shift the marketing from star players to team unity. Lets be real here, it's the NBA. Most of these guys never attended college and probably have never read a book in their lives. Stern is supposed to respect them?

Just get another slave outta the plantation to replace these ones

MR.SILVER&BLack
10-01-2011, 04:12 PM
:lol I love you BR...(you gave me 33 & 22) but at the same time you are fucking insane...:lol

I say the players are the ones getting fucked...Take MJ for example...he played all those years a and didn't make a dam thing until I think the last 2 seasons...I think one contract he played on wasn't even a million bucks...The owners make money because of the product plain and simple...:lol
:lol but now we have fail jordan wannabes getting paid 25+ mil a year. player salarys have changed alot since the 90's. when you have average players like rashard lewis, gilbert arenas, hedo.......on contracts paying 8 figures a year shows that players are not getting screwed.

why the hell you trying to compare salarys from 20 years ago to today? hey why not go back to the 70's where the highest paid players were making 100,00 grand a year.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Stern realizes he needs to shift the marketing from star players to team unity.
No he doesn't, his hand is just being forced. The only time the NBA has been ultra popular is when it's had highly marketable star players (Magic and Larry, Jordan, etc.). People who think the NBA can follow the NFL's mold of team unity and parity are delusional. The NBA's popularity will start to dwindle if a hard salary cap happens. You're speaking from the perspective of someone who posts on an NBA message board and will watch regardless. The mainstream NBA fan is only gonna watch two marquee teams in the finals.

Pelicans78
10-01-2011, 04:17 PM
The players have already lost this war. This is why Kobe is already lining up big chips overseas. If im Fisher, I only allow the top star player from each team to come to these meetings. When guys like Baron, Walton, and Dick show up, it only reinforces the owners belief in why there should be a lockout. Perfect example: Stern points his white finger and says, "Nigga, shut the fuck up and sit your black ass down." Do you think he would have pulled that shit on Kobe? Wade should be grateful he wasnt slapped for yelling back. Imagine how bitter Stern is right now, especially knowing how he rigged Wades only title just to shut Cuban the fuck up. Wade just cost the Heat a chance at winning it.

This post is spot on.

Also, why is a scrubb like Fisher representing the players when the superstars should be calling the shots. The superstars are underpaid while crap players like Fisher and others are way overpaid.

Pelicans78
10-01-2011, 04:23 PM
No he doesn't, his hand is just being forced. The only time the NBA has been ultra popular is when it's had highly marketable star players (Magic and Larry, Jordan, etc.). People who think the NBA can follow the NFL's mold of team unity and parity are delusional. The NBA's popularity will start to dwindle if a hard salary cap happens. You're speaking from the perspective of someone who posts on an NBA message board and will watch regardless. The mainstream NBA fan is only gonna watch two marquee teams in the finals.

This post is spot on too. NBA is the only league where one superstar can make a big difference besides the NFL QB. The NFL mold won't change anything because superstars will always dictate which NBA teams are contenders.

NewcastleKEG
10-01-2011, 04:28 PM
NBA Finals ratings your probably right but season long ratings will IMPROVE with more parity

- NBA regular season is currently useless. You already know which 12/16 teams are guaranteed playoff spots

- This makes players lazy and only putting in effort on televised games

- Average Joe is tuning the NBA out because of the ''LOOK AT ME'' culture of the sport. Yes this year was a huge hit because the Heat were villains and people wanted to see them flame out but that only lasts for so long (1,2 seasons). People are tired of seeing star players get beneficial calls and players focused more on highlights than fundamentals. This is why the Heat were villains. Go a step further and look back at how/why Stern started cracking down on players not dressing professionally. The Hip Hop culture Stern took in and pimped for so many years has back fired. It's turning Average Joe away from the sport.

- At the end of the day mainstream America still views NBA players as wanna be rappers that never attended college or worked a day in their life for something. Focusing on teams instead of stars is DEFINITELY the way to go for Stern.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Players will half ass it more and give less of a shit about the regular season if it's like the NFL and you see 5 and 6 seeds limp into the playoffs then make a superbowl run. Unless you made it so there are significantly less regular season games (which the owners won't let happen) and losing one has drastic measures, the regular season will never be extremely popular.

Parity isn't the reason the NFL's regular season is so popular from start to finish. It's because having only 1 game every week makes it a lot more anticipated, the fact that there are only 16 games means every game is significant, and most of all, people will watch football regardless. It's a sport with big hits, a lot more physicality, and it's a natural team sport. Having the best player on the court alone gives your team a good shot at winning in basketball, you need more than the best player on the field to win in football.

The NBA will always be a league that lives in dies by its star players, and their big markets. Making the NBA a "team sport" with "more parity" isn't gonna lead to Joe Sixpack in Arkansas watching them more.

LkrFan
10-01-2011, 04:44 PM
But maybe their relationship has gone downhill based on last year. :lol

:lmao

NewcastleKEG
10-01-2011, 04:47 PM
I don't see why you guys are comparing it to the NFL. Football is the perfect sport for America
- Americans like working 5,6 days a week and having sunday off
- 10 seconds of action and break
- Ton of commercials
- Violence

There is nothing more American than that. No sport will ever match that. Basketball is the closest thing to Futbol (constant action) and Americans don't have the attention spans for that

My point being. In the NBA the Celtics & Lakers have been in Half of All NBA Finals and won 1/3 of all of them? That's not a competitive sport. If your talking about the regular season being a waste, well what's that say about the NBA Playoffs?

Heat ruined it by making a dream team. This turned the NBA into nothing more than the American League East in Baseball. You knew the Heat were guaranteed atleast the ECF and more. Cavaliers for example would have to not only hit the lottery jackpot ONCE but TWICE to even match them. And you could say that about 2/3 of the total teams in the league.

It just doesn't make for a good product. If not for the KG injury we would have sat through 3-straight Lakers/Celtics Finals. So 98% of the entire season is worthless to watch because you know which 2 teams will end up in the Championship

Overall Stern dropped the ball by allowing the Gasol & KG trades to go through. He sold the league out long term for short term ratings. Now he's trying to fix it. People want to see Griffin and the Clippers turn into a competitor and win, not see Griffin evolve into a superstar and then skip across town to win titles for the Lakers.

Dirk & the Mavs is the model the NBA wants now. Stick with your team through thick and thin because eventually you as a fan will be pleasantly rewarded.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-01-2011, 04:50 PM
The Heat drew more attention to the NBA than the "team oriented" Detroit Pistons or San Antonio Spurs ever did.

LkrFan
10-01-2011, 04:51 PM
Wade will avg 13 ppg without Stern's mandated FTAs. :lol

Paging my man Ace. Where you at bruh? Wade is about to be exposed for the fraud he is! :downspin:

Where you at Ace? :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-01-2011, 04:53 PM
If not for the KG injury we would have sat through 3-straight Lakers/Celtics Finals.
Again, you're speaking from the perspective of a die hard NBA fan who wants to mix it up and see new faces in the finals every year. The average NBA fan paid no attention San Antonio vs. Detroit or San Antonio vs. Cleveland but watched LA vs. Boston in 2008 and 2010 because they heard about all the :cryhistorical value:cry it had.

DPG21920
10-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Fisher is a piece of bleep and the ultimate sheep in wolves clothes.

LkrFan
10-01-2011, 04:55 PM

Who would be better? Explain.

And stop holding 0.4 against him. :downspin:

Koolaid_Man
10-01-2011, 05:01 PM

naw naw dawg...that would be me...:toast

NewcastleKEG
10-01-2011, 05:04 PM
The Heat drew more attention to the NBA than the "team oriented" Detroit Pistons or San Antonio Spurs ever did.

Again, you're speaking from the perspective of a die hard NBA fan who wants to mix it up and see new faces in the finals every year. The average NBA fan paid no attention San Antonio vs. Detroit or San Antonio vs. Cleveland but watched LA vs. Boston in 2008 and 2010 because they heard about all the :cryhistorical value:cry it had.

What's the long term goal of the NBA?

To have the regular season mean something, last month of the season must watch & players taking small markets to new heights/creating new history

or

The WWF? The Heat as villains was only going to bring fans for so long (2 seasons tops). If the Heat won the next 2 titles people would tune out just like they did with the Lakers 3rd title. It had become a joke at that point and I can firmly say none of my friends watched a minute of the NBA that season.

The whole Big Market vs Small Market issue has become too large to ignore. Because of the Hip Hop nature of the sport, having players leave small markets solely for the reason they can market themselves better in bigger markets is VERY bad for the league. This means 2/3 of the entire league: When the big market loaded teams come into town there are sell outs but 75% of the other games in the season are empty seats. Do you think the NBA is making more money off TV contracts with ESPN (which they will have anyway) OR ticket sales? Having every team competitive means more ticket sales, jersey sales, merchandise sales. Having Lamar Odom sit on the Lakers bench vs 2nd best player on the Hornets (for example). Which is better for the league?

Koolaid_Man
10-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Wade will avg 13 ppg without Stern's mandated FTAs. :lol

Paging my man Ace. Where you at bruh? Wade is about to be exposed for the fraud he is! :downspin:

Where you at Ace? :lol

:lol yeah Wade done fucked around and fucked up...:lol when the season finally starts Stern gonna pull a Zed ( like in the Pulp Fiction) on Wade's ass...

The Wade just sealed the Heats fate and allowed Kobe to pick up an extra 2 chips with Stern by his side...:lol and then :downspin:

Koolaid_Man
10-01-2011, 05:08 PM

To have the regular season mean something, last month of the season must watch & players taking small markets to new heights/creating new history

or

The WWF? The Heat as villains was only going to bring fans for so long (2 seasons tops). If the Heat won the next 2 titles people would tune out just like they did with the Lakers 3rd title. It had become a joke at that point and I can firmly say none of my friends watched a minute of the NBA that season.

The whole Big Market vs Small Market issue has become too large to ignore. Because of the Hip Hop nature of the sport, having players leave small markets solely for the reason they can market themselves better in bigger markets is VERY bad for the league. This means 2/3 of the entire league: When the big market loaded teams come into town there are sell outs but 75% of the other games in the season are empty seats. Do you think the NBA is making more money off TV contracts with ESPN (which they will have anyway) OR ticket sales? Having every team competitive means more ticket sales, jersey sales, merchandise sales. Having Lamar Odom sit on the Lakers bench vs 2nd best player on the Hornets (for example). Which is better for the league?

my niqqa coming for that MJ ass man...he coming dawg...:lol ( no pun)

NewcastleKEG
10-01-2011, 05:09 PM
my niqqa coming for that MJ ass man...he coming dawg...:lol ( no pun)
Kobe? Guy is barely a Top10 player in this league anymore. He's not winning another title unless he sidekicks

Giuseppe
10-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Kobe? Guy is barely a Top10 player in this league anymore. He's not winning another title unless he sidekicks

By any means necessary.

Koolaid_Man
10-01-2011, 05:17 PM

15 yrs in dawg....he coming for that ass man....MJ lucky he didn't have to face a prime and experienced Kobe...Kobe woulda lit his fucking ass up even more...

My niqqa coming Dawg...he coming...just sit back and croak...:lol

ju_rG3DtBnM

NewcastleKEG
10-01-2011, 05:19 PM
By any means necessary.
Instead of joining the Wizards Jordan shoulda went to San Antonio

00: 1/2 title
01: 1/2 title
02: 1/2 title
08: 1 title
09: 1 title

So he has 3.5 rings. Not even Tim Duncan

Enjoy Kiddo! :lol:lol:lol

Koolaid_Man
10-01-2011, 05:25 PM
He coming for that ass newcastle here's part 1...MJ lucky he didn't face a prime Kobe...He faced basically a young almost rookie Kobe and Kobe was still giving it to his ass...MJ lucky he didn't face my Niqqa in his prime...

trx03-zxhKg

LkrFan
10-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Instead of joining the Wizards Jordan shoulda went to San Antonio

00: 1/2 title
01: 1/2 title
02: 1/2 title
08: 1 title
09: 1 title

So he has 3.5 rings. Not even Tim Duncan

Enjoy Kiddo! :lol:lol:lolMJ was drafted in '84. How come he had no titles in the '80s? We both know why, but I want you to admit it. Hint: he didn't rang until Magic and Bird were past their primes. His titles also coincided with the league getting watered down with expansion.

What's your :downspin: on this? :lol

DPG21920
10-01-2011, 05:30 PM
Fisher is a terrible person and in theory he should be great for this job, but he is messing up royally.

LkrFan
10-01-2011, 05:31 PM
He coming for that ass newcastle here's part 1...MJ lucky he didn't face a prime Kobe...He faced basically a young almost rookie Kobe and Kobe was still giving it to his ass...MJ lucky he didn't face my Niqqa in his prime...

trx03-zxhKg

This is true, but he won't admit it. :toast

Koolaid_Man
10-01-2011, 05:43 PM
This is true, but he won't admit it. :toast

For all the talk about how good MJ was ( and he was good) let's face it...MJ never faced such a prolific and dynamic scorer like Kobe...Magic and Zeke were good but keep it real they couldn't put up numbers on your ass like Kobe...no one except MJ could put up Kobe type numbers. So MJ never faced this threat his entire career until Kobe entered the league and MJ was set to leave...

Kobe on the other hand has faced high caliber scoring type players that MJ never had to deal with such as Wade, Lebron, Iverson, T-Mac, etc, etc...

This is my argument against MJ...we won easy because it was easy...In his prime of primes he lost repeatedly to Bird and Magic like you say..These cats on here don't know shit about the game...all they know is there used to be player or they heard they're used to be a player named MJ that was better than Kobe...:lmao

Koolaid_Man
10-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Fisher is a terrible person and in theory he should be great for this job, but he is messing up royally.

fisher not worse than KoolPERIOD

DPG21920
10-01-2011, 05:51 PM
I would have a White Russian with Kool (even though I would have to pay and get his fat a** some food as well) before I would have one with Fisher. ---->.<----

Koolaid_Man
10-01-2011, 06:03 PM
I would have a White Russian with Kool (even though I would have to pay and get his fat a** some food as well) before I would have one with Fisher. ---->.<----

a drink with Kool...u sure bout dat...I Pal around with people like this...

RviYo3WsqjU

DPG21920
10-01-2011, 06:08 PM
I don't want to have a drink with either of you, but Fisher is an even bigger pos than you.

Koolaid_Man
10-01-2011, 06:15 PM
I don't want to have a drink with either of you, but Fisher is an even bigger pos than you.

yes you do...and I bet you fine as fuck with your little short ass...you got curly bangs...:lol

let me feel you up and then piss on you..what ya say deepy...:lol

odmnEm1fCmI

DPG21920
10-01-2011, 06:18 PM
That's something one dude shouldn't say to another dude.

Koolaid_Man
10-01-2011, 06:21 PM
That's something one dude shouldn't say to another dude.

I got $500 that says you finer than a muthafucker....how fine are you...finer than some of these Ho's I bet...:lol

DPG21920
10-01-2011, 06:35 PM
I'm not DMC fatty :lol That stuff doesn't work. Holla black.

Stances
10-01-2011, 07:21 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-bgqfxxKomrk/TiNEfYPER1I/AAAAAAAAAxw/iMha4GiUgYI/s320/pointing%2Bmonkey.png

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-01-2011, 07:39 PM

or

The NBA, just like the WWF, is a business, meaning its long term goal is profitability.From 1975-1979 when the Warriors, Blazers, Bullets and Sonics won 4 of the 5 championships, the NBA wasn't popular at all and there were seriously issues regarding whether or not it would survive. Magic and Bird + LA and Boston dominating the 80s saved the NBA when it was all but dead during the late 70's.

You refuse to think of things outside of the perspective of someone who likes the NBA/basketball enough to post on a message board about it and will watch the NBA regardless. I'm guessing you're college age so what you and your friends are entertained by isn't an accurate gauge at all about the general public. The average NBA fan in his 30s and 40s doesn't give two shits about competition or parity, he watches because of two powerhouse teams with tons of star players.

Koolaid_Man
10-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Wade just fucked himself for next year:

Stern Comments On Confrontation With Wade

Oct 01, 2011 8:29 PM EDT

http://basketball.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Wade_Dwyane_mia_110321.jpg

David Stern acknowledged a "heated exchange" with Dwyane Wade on Friday.
"I feel passionately about the system that we have and what it has delivered and what it should continue to deliver for the players and the owners," said Stern on Saturday. "And he feels passionately, too. And I think that if anyone should step up on that, it’s my job, on behalf of the owners, to make the points that need to be made."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/215805/Stern_Comments_On_Confrontation_With_Wade#ixzz1Za6 yLjnX

Jacob1983
10-01-2011, 11:37 PM
When Wade doesn't have free throws to back him up, he is a mere mortal. I love it.

lefty
10-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Wade as the man: 1
Kobe as the man: 0

Giuseppe
10-01-2011, 11:43 PM

Boiled down:::

Kobe: 5

tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

lefty
10-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Boiled down:::

Translation: kobe as the man 0

LkrFan
10-02-2011, 12:37 AM

Riiiiiiggghhhttt!! :downspin:

lefty
10-02-2011, 12:47 AM
Riiiiiiggghhhttt!! :downspin:

Right

Giuseppe
10-02-2011, 05:33 AM
Translation: kobe as the man 0

No...

TDMVPDPOY
10-02-2011, 06:47 AM
why cant they just continue with the current system?

Dallas
12-31-2012, 06:48 PM
:lmao the yell that ended D-Whistle

Norris Cole
12-31-2012, 08:12 PM
:lmao the yell that ended D-Whistle
Still waiting on the missed warning label that ends you...

Jacob1983
01-01-2013, 03:22 AM
When is Lebron going to leave Wade for another superstar player? You know that Lebron being number 1 on the Heat must be killing Wade's STD infected ego.

irishock
01-01-2013, 03:44 AM
LeBron is LA bound in 2014 because the snitch is going to be replaced