PDA

View Full Version : Labyrinth

Cant_Be_Faded
06-14-2005, 07:28 PM
I saw this movie for the first time last night. Which is surprising because i love 80s movies. This one just seemed to get away from me.

Anyways, i fucking loved it!!!!! Can you imagine a movie of this much imagination with today's puppet technology and today's Jennifer Connolly? awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww god that would be sweeet!

I really do wish we'd get away from the CGI horse shit and return to the physical puppets style. To me, it looks much more realistic, because what you are looking at actually contains substance.
Nothing pisses me off more than unnecessary computer images in a movie. They don't even use real animals anymore! Whats worse is that besides REALLY high budget movies like Star Wars, it all looks soooo fucking fake!!!!

Jim Henson and crew sure did make some freaky ass looking puppets for this movie. And David Bowie was fucking sweeeeeet (except for the fact that he was the least intimidating villain since Budnick on Salute your Shorts)

Has anyone watched this movie while really really really fucked up on some high level *STUFF*?????

Damn this movie was sweet, I highly recommend it to anyone with an open mind that wants a 1 hr and 30 minute creative film with bad ass puppets and a highly androgenous David Bowie.

Marklar MM
06-14-2005, 07:31 PM
I rank it up among the likes of Pennywise the clown. I would definitely not watch this movie while high. That would be some freaky shit.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-14-2005, 07:41 PM
I rank it up among the likes of Pennywise the clown. I would definitely not watch this movie while high. That would be some freaky shit.

You have nooo idea!!! That dwarf, Hoggle is without a doubt one of the scariest things I've seen in a long time. Scarier than anything I saw in the Grudge. Luckily they gave him a cute voice and made him harmless....He quickly lost his scary edge and became funny.

Remember when she falls in the well and those hands are all around her and start making faces out of the hands and talk to her???? OMG that was brilliant!

mookie2001
06-14-2005, 07:48 PM
they made of movie based on the subdivision of cimmiron?

Cant_Be_Faded
06-14-2005, 07:51 PM
they made of movie based on the subdivision of cimmiron?

Featuring a Teenage Jennifer Connolly with a baby face but her figure is still there

Faccia di Angelo
06-15-2005, 12:59 AM
awesome awesome movie. Loved watching it while growing up. Its one of those movies that has a feel to it when you remember it, its hard to explain. I wish they would bring back films like that too. I'd love for my children to experience filmmaking like that as well. Labyrinth, dark crystal, all those types of films.

adrienne
06-15-2005, 01:10 AM
Oh man, I haven't seen it in years....but I HATED it, probably because it scared the crap out of me when I was a kid....I should try watching it again.

Xolotl
06-15-2005, 07:41 AM
Yeah that movie was great, but damn David Bowie looked like a fag

desflood
06-15-2005, 08:02 AM
Yeah that movie was great, but damn David Bowie looked like a fag
Umm, that's kinda what he does! But it was a brilliant movie. Things just haven't been the same since Jim Henson died.

sa_butta
06-15-2005, 08:58 AM
I love this movie, but have to agree David Bowe did look like a queer. Anyways one of my favorite 80's movies. Great pupeteering and great story. If you liked that movie you should also see Dark Crystal, and Legend if you havent already.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-15-2005, 12:30 PM
Stop being homophobes...

I thought Bowie's character was the fucking shit...the hair, the eyes, the outfit, and the way he kept twirling those orbs around all dexterously. He was easily one of the greatest characters in a movie I've seen in a long time (except for the fact that he wasnt scary or intimidating at all)

He was the shit in that movie, and when he busted out in song to sing with his goblin horde about that stolen baby, rofl!!!! ROFL!!!

Oh man, I haven't seen it in years....but I HATED it, probably because it scared the crap out of me when I was a kid....I should try watching it again.

I cant imagine seeing this movie when i was a kid, i definitely would have had nightmares. You should definitely give it another try.

MannyIsGod
06-15-2005, 12:35 PM
When has David Bowie not looked gay?

Xolotl
06-15-2005, 01:59 PM
[QUOTE=Cant_Be_Faded]Stop being homophobes...QUOTE]

Saying somebody looked like a fag isn't being a homophobe. Saying that I would beat his ass for dressing like one is. I mean damn I go to the gym and see dudes 10x bigger than me dressing like fags with their neon pink tanktops and their fanny packs.

Marklar MM
06-15-2005, 02:52 PM
Labyrinth, Dark Crystal, and The Never Ending Story

sa_butta
06-15-2005, 03:59 PM
When has David Bowie not looked gay?The only thing that makes him not look gay is his wife.
http://www.efvaattlingstockholm.com/images/press/iman.jpg

Cant_Be_Faded
06-15-2005, 04:07 PM
thats a nice titty

Xolotl
06-15-2005, 04:46 PM
scoreboard for gay looking bowie