PDA

View Full Version : Giants @ Cardinals game thread

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Cardinals:
3 trips to the redzone - 1 turnover, 2 field goals

Giants:
1 trip to the redzone - 1 touchdown

Kolb has been good so far, but if he can't improve his redzone efficiency then he's not the Cardinals answer at QB.

HarlemHeat37
10-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Kolb is average, at best, tbh..

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Between the 20 yard lines Kolb has done everything that can be expected, but his redzone efficiency has been terrible. Part of it is having a shit offensive line that is horrible at picking up blitzes, but it's mostly because he doesn't have the same composure and poise in the redzone.

The coaching staff also needs to recognize it no longer has one of the best redzone QBs of all time and needs to better utilize tight ends and play action to conver touchdowns. When Warner got in the redzone it was an automatic touchdown no matter what.

LakerHater
10-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Game Over!

Fuck Boothe, Eli & Jacobs!

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Jesus fuck enough with the god damn 7 man blitzes on 3rd down

DeadlyDynasty
10-02-2011, 06:22 PM
:lol cards got screwed

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Yeah that's some of the most Jewish officiating I've ever seen

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-02-2011, 06:26 PM
God Kolb's pocket presence is terrible

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-02-2011, 06:29 PM
The refs fucked up but the Cardinals lost this game and it was just a classic Cardinals choke job. Up by 10 with less than 4 minutes to go, and the prevent defense loses the game.

DeadlyDynasty
10-02-2011, 06:29 PM
Fitzgerald has priceless facial expressions

benefactor
10-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Cue that faggot Timmytozo.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Fortunately if this keeps up it means Whiz and all his Steeler rejects are gone after the season. If he hired a real defensive coordinator rather than the one assistant coach the Rooneys were willing to let him interview, the Cards' defense doesn't fall apart like that. He let go of Clancy Pendergast (a guy who's a candidate for several head coaching jobs in college because of what he's done as Cal's defensive coordinator), because he wanted to give his fwiend Billy Davis a job, then when Billy Davis fuckin sucks, he brings in his old Steelers' buddy while not even interviewing guys like Wade Phillips or Rob Ryan. Hopefully his blatant nepotism will cost him his job.

TIMMYtoZO
10-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Beautiful win. What a mentally tough team. Man I am proud of them all especially Eli. WOW! Another clutch 4th quarter and no ints. Eli is on that next level now. And the Giants D, boy were they clutch. God damn I am proud of these guys. What warriors they are.:toast

ducks
10-03-2011, 07:17 PM
I would not be proud of that win
it was handed to them with that call
the cards were mentally tough and hang in there got the turnover they needed to secure the win

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-03-2011, 07:34 PM
:lmao the Cards might have been robbed by the refs but they weren't mentally tough. They did nothing to force that turnover and otherwise choked the game away.

LakerHater
10-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Giants D better learn run Defense real fast!!

TIMMYtoZO
10-03-2011, 08:14 PM
Giants D better learn run Defense real fast!!

They will. This team is 3-1 with all of these injuries. Now with Osi back and Tuck making a near return, this team is going to start blowing teams out. They are the class of the NFC. The Packers D blows, and last year was a fluke.

DeadlyDynasty
10-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Giants are crazy deep at the D-line

TIMMYtoZO
10-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Giants are crazy deep at the D-line

Honest question...why don't you rate the Giants as the class of the NFC? How can you not call them that. You even acknowledged that elite D-line and the depth they have. It is an edge they have over every team in the NFL. How can you even consider the Packers ahead of them when their D-line pales in comparison to the Giants.

DeadlyDynasty
10-03-2011, 09:14 PM
Honest question...why don't you rate the Giants as the class of the NFC? How can you not call them that. You even acknowledged that elite D-line and the depth they have. It is an edge they have over every team in the NFL. How can you even consider the Packers ahead of them when their D-line pales in comparison to the Giants.

I can't explain it brah, you win.

TIMMYtoZO
10-03-2011, 09:19 PM
I can't explain it brah, you win.

:toast Welcome to the Giants fan club. Enjoy the ride to a 4th superbowl.

pawe
10-04-2011, 11:27 AM
Still a fumble.
Whiz and the Steeler rejects and the steeler defense needs to go. Denny Green is a better evaluator of talent than this unemotional clown.

Vici
10-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Thought it was a fumble but the refs made the right call. He looked at the defender and went down. He heard the whistle and got up. Not much to debate.

Bill_Brasky
10-06-2011, 02:41 PM
No different than a QB taking a knee.

pawe
10-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Of course you're gonna say that.
But to be technical, the whistle wasn't blown til Cruz got up and got "tackled" so that was a live play, right?
If you argue the whistle was blown before Cruz was tackled, shouldnt the Cardinals be flagged for unnecessary hit then?

Anyway, it's good thing the Cardinals play in the NFCW so being at 1-3, they always will have a chance.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-06-2011, 02:49 PM
:lol any Giants fan saying he voluntarily fell is fuckin retarded. He clearly tripped and stumbled, that wasn't intentional at all.

Still, the Cardinals deserved to lose.

Bill_Brasky
10-06-2011, 02:53 PM
It's way too open for interpretation, I'll definitely say that.

He probably did fall accidentally....but most people that do that would try to get right back up and keep running. He didn't.

After he fell he made the decision to stay down and made no effort to advance the ball....which, technically, makes him down right?

I don't know. It was a weird play.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-06-2011, 02:56 PM
He didn't try to get back up because there were 3 defenders about to touch him, it wouldn't have done anything.

And no, "staying down" doesn't technically make him down, "down by contact" is the only thing that technically makes him down.

There's a reason why Eli had an, "Are you fuckin kidding me?" look on his face when he left the ball on the ground and the Cardinals went to pick it up.

pawe
10-06-2011, 03:03 PM
The only Giant fan I can imagine defending that non fumble call is timmytozo, but the others? SMH

Bill_Brasky
10-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Either way Cruz is a fucking idiot for not playing until the whistle and not hanging onto the ball.

pawe
10-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Either way Cruz is a fucking idiot for not playing until the whistle and not hanging onto the ball.

It's like a pick up game in basketball..sometimes you just pass the ball inbounds while you're still on the baseline.
That call cost me $110 bucks though.

Vici
10-06-2011, 08:32 PM
He didn't try to get back up because there were 3 defenders about to touch him, it wouldn't have done anything.

And no, "staying down" doesn't technically make him down, "down by contact" is the only thing that technically makes him down.

There's a reason why Eli had an, "Are you fuckin kidding me?" look on his face when he left the ball on the ground and the Cardinals went to pick it up.

He was about to get back up, saw the defender then went back down. As someone mentioned it's the same as the QB taking a knee or a guy kneeling in the end zone for a touch back.

Now he did fall, no question, but he was going down as soon as he saw the defender to his right and he slipped on the way down. It's what the ref saw and replay shows. Doesn't matter Giants would have won regardless.

And yes staying down does make him down, at least according to the rulebook.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Giants would have won regardless :lmao? Are you fuckin retarded? If that was ruled a fumble the Giants lose. NY homers are a special kind of stupid.

Tradition
10-06-2011, 10:29 PM
He was about to get back up, saw the defender then went back down. As someone mentioned it's the same as the QB taking a knee or a guy kneeling in the end zone for a touch back.

Now he did fall, no question, but he was going down as soon as he saw the defender to his right and he slipped on the way down. It's what the ref saw and replay shows. Doesn't matter Giants would have won regardless.

And yes staying down does make him down, at least according to the rulebook.

Please shut the fuck up you dumb son of a bitch. You were in here crying like a little bitch 2 years ago when the Saints beat your team 48-27. You were crying that the refs were calling it one sided then you went into hiding. Please just shut the fuck up.

Vici
10-07-2011, 12:05 AM
Please shut the fuck up you dumb son of a bitch. You were in here crying like a little bitch 2 years ago when the Saints beat your team 48-27. You were crying that the refs were calling it one sided then you went into hiding. Please just shut the fuck up.

lol I don't even remember that. Pathetic.

Vici
10-07-2011, 12:06 AM
Giants would have won regardless :lmao? Are you fuckin retarded? If that was ruled a fumble the Giants lose. NY homers are a special kind of stupid.

Oh you're right, the Cardinals were rollin in the fourth quarter and just needed the ball back to win. Not like there was 3 minutes left in the game or anything...

pawe
10-07-2011, 10:38 AM
Oh you're right, the Cardinals were rollin in the fourth quarter and just needed the ball back to win. Not like there was 3 minutes left in the game or anything...

They have a 3 point lead with 3 minutes left and the Giants cant seem to stop the Cardinals' running game all day.

Tradition
10-07-2011, 08:10 PM
lol I don't even remember that. Pathetic.

Here you go...pathetic!

The Saints have been getting a ton of favorable calls today. Still can't believe they called PI on Webster.

I have been watching the game. I seen receptions taken back by shitty calls on the ref to end Giants drives, including one for a touchdown. I've seen the Saints not have to do a damn thing because the refs are marching them downfield on god awful calls.

The Giants suck ass but the Saints aren't football gods like this game would make you think.

Don't get your panties in a wad because your team had help today. I don't know why I even bother posting about football on a basketball forum. Even Aikman is talking about how bad the calls were lol.