PDA

View Full Version : Liberals leave no stone unturned

DarrinS
10-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Five women attempt to discuss some rock that apparently once had the "N-word" painted on it, located at hunting camp, once owned by Rick Perry.

Things get a bit dicey when Barbara Walters used the real N-word.

fu6VgOC-BuA

Th'Pusher
10-03-2011, 04:48 PM
This will likely help Perry with the tea bags. I wouldn't be surprised if his camp leaked the story.

Spurminator
10-03-2011, 04:49 PM
The View. The fucking View.

Seriously, dude.

CosmicCowboy
10-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Five women attempt to discuss some rock that apparently once had the "N-word" painted on it, located at hunting camp, once owned by Rick Perry.

fu6VgOC-BuA

Perry didn't even own the place. It was just a hunting lease he was on with his dad.

boutons_deux
10-03-2011, 04:59 PM
this hit yesterday.

the spin is that his papa painted over the name and turned over the stone.

CosmicCowboy
10-03-2011, 05:02 PM
this hit yesterday.

the spin is that his papa painted over the name and turned over the stone.

The "View" is on Sundays?

boutons_deux
10-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Michael Steele Calls Perry’s Racist Ranch Name ‘Very Troubling’

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/10/03/334652/michael-steele-hits-rick-perry-racist-ranch/

DarrinS
10-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Our society is very strange about the N-word, in particular. You notice that it is bleeped out of that video, whenever they are using it, but they didn't bleep "wop" or "Jew down" toward the end. It's likely that they wouldn't bleep out beaner, chink, honkey, cracker, etc.

Halberto
10-03-2011, 05:19 PM

Seriously, dude.

:lol

Yonivore
10-03-2011, 05:22 PM
I was impressed with Whoopie almost sounding sensible.

Wild Cobra
10-04-2011, 03:15 AM
I was impressed with Whoopie almost sounding sensible.
Enjoy the moment. I think the only other times I've heard her say reasonable things was as Guinan (http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0001446/).

ChumpDumper
10-04-2011, 04:15 AM

Seriously, dude.I don't think this is the first time he's watched and posted The View.

Agloco
10-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Enjoy the moment. I think the only other times I've heard her say reasonable things was as Guinan (http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0001446/).

Really the only time she was tolerable. I miss that show.

RandomGuy
10-06-2011, 08:10 AM

fu6VgOC-BuA

Thin non-issue. There is plenty to be dismayed about with Rick Perry beyond this.

Kudos on the pun in the thread title. :lol

admiralsnackbar
10-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Our society is very strange about the N-word, in particular. You notice that it is bleeped out of that video, whenever they are using it, but they didn't bleep "wop" or "Jew down" toward the end. It's likely that they wouldn't bleep out beaner, chink, honkey, cracker, etc.

It's a bit stupid, but then, no other term relates to ethnicities that were enslaved for centuries in this country. Pretty sure you could say the n-word in Germany, but good luck saying anything derogatory towards Jews. There's a relative order of magnitude involved with racial slurs even if it isn't measurable or egalitarian.

That said, compared to Rick Perry's numerous other problems, this really is a non-issue.

MannyIsGod
10-06-2011, 09:01 AM

And yet you called it the n word and didn't type it.

MannyIsGod
10-06-2011, 09:02 AM
All Alpha Males watch the view, TBH.

admiralsnackbar
10-06-2011, 10:31 AM
All Alpha Males watch the view, TBH.

30 Helens agree. It's a fact.

Wild Cobra
10-06-2011, 02:46 PM
And yet you called it the n word and didn't type it.
Am I the only one politically incorrect enough to actually type it out?

What is this racist attitude that white people aren't good enough to say ######? (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5427632&postcount=8)

admiralsnackbar
10-06-2011, 03:05 PM
It's more that white people were "good enough" to make human beings their ######s for centuries, so now using euphemisms like n-word suggests contrition or at least sensitivity to the fact that it wasn't so swell for people on the other end of the whip.

Still, WC... hats off. You're so brave. For typing the word ######.

While you're being this heroically valorous, I challenge you to find a word 1/10th as hurtful to white folks.

Yonivore
10-06-2011, 03:22 PM
...I challenge you to find a word 1/10th as hurtful to white folks.
Racist.

Wild Cobra
10-06-2011, 03:23 PM
It's more that white people were "good enough" to make human beings their ######s for centuries, so now using euphemisms like n-word suggests contrition or at least sensitivity to the fact that it wasn't so swell for people on the other end of the whip.

Still, WC... hats off. You're so brave. For typing the word ######.

While you're being this heroically valorous, I challenge you to find a word 1/10th as hurtful to white folks.
Are you suggesting "cracker" doesn't count?

admiralsnackbar
10-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Are you suggesting "cracker" doesn't count?
Suggestion would mean I was simply implying it. I'm telling you cracker doesn't count.

Wild Cobra
10-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Suggestion would mean I was simply implying it. I'm telling you cracker doesn't count.
In your opinion.

When will you stop being a racist and stop saying that blacks and whites are not equal?

Spurminator
10-06-2011, 04:39 PM

:lmao

No shit.

If you're offended by the word "cracker," you are way too sensitive.

admiralsnackbar
10-06-2011, 04:39 PM
In your opinion.

When will you stop being a racist and stop saying that blacks and whites are not equal?

When history ceases to exist.

Yonivore
10-06-2011, 04:41 PM
:lmao

No shit.

If you're offended by the word "cracker," you are way too sensitive.
I would suggest being offended by being called any name with which you don't identify is "way too sensitive."

It's not the word, it's the sentiment being expressed.