PDA

View Full Version : The pre game intro was pretty awesome no?

MajicMan
06-14-2005, 08:21 PM
Got you really pumped up for the game. Well I thought so anyway.

N.Y. Johnny
06-14-2005, 10:52 PM
no

ballhog
06-17-2005, 12:09 AM
I was busy banging myself over the head with a hammer......didn't notice.

SoundTheToll
06-17-2005, 10:51 AM
LOL

You'd love Mason if he was the PA man for your team. He's original, funny, and loves to get the crowd involved.

ALVAREZ6
06-17-2005, 11:30 AM
LOL

You'd love Mason if he was the PA man for your team. He's original, funny, and loves to get the crowd involved.
I give him props, he does the best job in the league in terms of getting the cround into the game....I wish we had a guy like him....but we're too classy for that.

combs84
06-17-2005, 12:54 PM
I have always thought for the most part Classy is just another word for Boring. How does a PA announcer make any team any more/less classy?

samikeyp
06-17-2005, 01:51 PM
No, classy is a good word for the organization and has nothing to do with being boring. Although I would rather be classy and boring than unclassy and exciting. That being said, I would have to agree with Combs as far as what does a PA announcer have to do with class or no class? Pistons fans like John Mason (sorry, I refuse to refer to a PA guy by just one name :) ) and he gets their crowd moving. Nothing wrong with that. Doesn't make them better than Spurs fans or worse just different. I liked the music and the pyrotechnics and the graphics used on their scoreboard and generally its a much more upbeat feel and I think that is great. Personally, being a purist, I don't get into all the enunciations and such but that is just me. I could really care less about introductions in general, for me its just get to the game!

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-17-2005, 01:51 PM
This is how a heart breaks...

King
06-17-2005, 01:53 PM
I have to admit, I kinda like the guy. He hypes up the crowd. From what I've heard from people there, it's like the crowd has choreography to go with what he says, and it creates a college atmosphere. Hate him cause he's 'street' if you want, but he does a damn good job.

mavsfan1000
06-17-2005, 05:22 PM
I think he is the best PA Announcer in the league.

Kori Ellis
06-17-2005, 06:28 PM
I have to admit, I kinda like the guy. He hypes up the crowd. From what I've heard from people there, it's like the crowd has choreography to go with what he says, and it creates a college atmosphere. Hate him cause he's 'street' if you want, but he does a damn good job.

Pretty much my sentiments. I think he's awesome. Much better than "A little help ..."

dcole50
06-17-2005, 07:54 PM
i'm sure if i was a detroit fan i'd like him. as an opposing team's fan, i'm sick of the "b-b-b-b-en ..." crap.

mavsfan1000
06-18-2005, 12:33 AM
I think the best PA announcer used to be Chicago but I think a PA announcer needs to have great players on the team to be effective partially. Without that they aren't the same.