PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Most Overrated Players of all Time - #3 Tim Duncan

BRHornet45
10-04-2011, 12:30 AM
#5 Baron Davis

#4 Tony Parker

#3 Tim Duncan
Here is the most overrated legend of our times, Mr Fundamentals; or should I say Mr Oppertunity. Duncan is a solid all around player there is no denying that, but for anyone who remembers the NBA beyond 2000 you know that Duncan is not as good as everyone says he is. For starters he is a center who was converted to power forward because the Spurs have David Robinson. Duncan stand at about seven feet, the modern power forward today averages about six foot eight inches, which means Duncan has a good four inches on them.

The rules of today’s game have also helped Duncan a lot. In a game were defense is all but abolished, a player with little offensive skills can look really good because they can’t be touched. If Duncan played in the early 90s, he would be nothing more than a sixth man defensive plug.

#2 Lebron James

#1 Deron Williams
Williams has accomplished absolutely nothing in his career, other than being taken over Chris Paul. Utah selection of Williams over Paul is sure to go down in history as being as big of blunder as Porlands taking of Bowie of Jordan in 84. Chris Paul had an injury plagued season this year and Williams did not that is the biggest key right there, in fact when the two faced head to head Paul ripped Williams apart.

http://dailyhoops.net/Articles/62607.html

adrienne
10-04-2011, 12:33 AM
This may be negated simply due to the fact that "oppertunity" is not a word.

Dex
10-04-2011, 12:35 AM
Well, I'm sorry Michelle T. feels this way. Duncan was "overrated" enough for four rings, so the haters can suck it.

BRHornet45
10-04-2011, 12:36 AM
Well, I'm sorry Michelle T. feels this way. Duncan was "overrated" enough for four rings, so the haters can suck it.

Duncan was only responsible for 2 of the rings though. 1999 doesn't count and we all know 2007 was rigged and he rode the coattails of Parker and Manu.

midnightpulp
10-04-2011, 12:46 AM
Michelle T. is quite the fine sports' journalist. I'm sure when she gets done sucking cock on the street and mangling the English language, Sports Illustrated will have a job for her.

Dex
10-04-2011, 12:54 AM
Duncan was only responsible for 2 of the rings though. 1999 doesn't count and we all know 2007 was rigged and he rode the coattails of Parker and Manu.

Wrong on all accounts, and he still has four more rings than Christina Paul will ever have.

TE
10-04-2011, 12:56 AM
Where's David West?

DeadlyDynasty
10-04-2011, 01:00 AM
Michelle T. is quite the fine sports' journalist. I'm sure when she gets done sucking cock on the street and mangling the English language, Sports Illustrated will have a job for her.

I wonder if Creepn knows her.

m>s
10-04-2011, 01:04 AM
#2 place for bron is a well deserved one tbh. duncan's never been a media loveboy like bron or kobe, the main fact that makes him look a bit "overrated" is that his two long-time fellows- manu and tony have been underrated to some extent. the spurs achieved great success over the past 10 years or so, winning 4 rings in a time span of 9 years, and tim was creditted for most of it because he was da #1 of this team. speaking of player abilities i don't think tim is anywhere near the greatests like bird, malone, dirk, hakeem etc...

Juggity
10-04-2011, 01:05 AM
She's got a long record of sports journalism backing up her opinions...oh wait!

joshdaboss
10-04-2011, 05:34 AM
Looks like an angelfire webpage, tbh.

InK
10-04-2011, 05:42 AM
So with TP and TD beeing 2 off the 5 most overrated players does this mean Manu is GOAT? He dragged a bunch of scrubs to 3 ships, who else can say that?

Isitjustme?
10-04-2011, 05:49 AM

Pretty much. It is pretty hard to spell opportunity though. I guess she can't afford one of those rare, super-high tech computer programs that puts a red squiggly line under misspelled words on her probably non-existent salary.

daslicer
10-04-2011, 09:28 AM
She's a girl and is probably judging Duncan's game by his personality and that is why I don't take her seriously. In this bitch's eyes having no flashy personality equals overrated. Lol at Duncan being a sixth man if he played during the 90's considering he played during the 90's from 97-'00 and we all saw him dominate and put up double doubles during that time.

lefty
10-04-2011, 09:36 AM
DailyHoops :lmao

No wonder BRHornet doesn't know jackshit about basketball :lmao

lol fat black man with a tiny penis
lol insecure

cantthinkofanything
10-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Williams has accomplished absolutely nothing in his career, other than being taken over Chris Paul. Utah selection of Williams over Paul is sure to go down in history as being as big of blunder as Porlands taking of Bowie of Jordan in 84.

1. 20/20 hindsight would obviously have Portland reconisder the pick of Bowie but no one knew he'd get hurt and no one knew that Jordan would go on to become the best player of all time
2. Notwithstanding #1, I don't think that Williams over Paul is really "as big of a blunder" as Bowie over Jordan.
3. Portland, not Porland

Leetonidas
10-04-2011, 10:05 AM
4 rings, faggot!!!

Leetonidas
10-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Also Deron Williams has been to the Western conference Finals twice while CP3 hasn't at all. Who the fuck overrates Baron Davis anyway? LeBron probably deserves to be up there, but Parker and Duncan obviously shows this woman is butthurt about something. :lol Probably a shitty NBA Hornets fan

stretch
10-04-2011, 10:09 AM
retarded list

BlackSwordsMan
10-04-2011, 10:41 AM
Great article. rofl whoever this michelle cunt is needs to download autocorrect on her laptop

Giuseppe
10-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Great article. rofl whoever this michelle cunt is needs to download autocorrect on her laptop

Cat fight.

I'll watch.

BlackSwordsMan
10-04-2011, 11:04 AM
I'm going to put you on ignore. You're kinda boring now

BlackSwordsMan
10-04-2011, 11:04 AM
when i figure it out

BlackSwordsMan
10-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Old Today, 09:59 AM
Remove user from ignore list
Giuseppe
This message is hidden because Giuseppe is on your ignore list.

cya cubby

Giuseppe
10-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Old Today, 09:59 AM
Remove user from ignore list
Giuseppe
This message is hidden because Giuseppe is on your ignore list.

cya cubby

I ignore no one.

It's my religion.

Killakobe81
10-04-2011, 11:22 AM

what has happened to that mag? I used to subscribe but it sucks now. The internet age has killed them ...

BTW SI did give your boy player of the decade ...

MR.SILVER&BLack
10-04-2011, 11:32 AM
#2 place for bron is a well deserved one tbh. duncan's never been a media loveboy like bron or kobe, the main fact that makes him look a bit "overrated" is that his two long-time fellows- manu and tony have been underrated to some extent. the spurs achieved great success over the past 10 years or so, winning 4 rings in a time span of 9 years, and tim was creditted for most of it because he was da #1 of this team. speaking of player abilities i don't think tim is anywhere near the greatests like bird, malone, dirk, hakeem etc...
:lmao:lmao:lmao

DAF86
10-04-2011, 02:44 PM
How did the Spurs manage to win 4 championships with two of the top 4 most overrated players of all-time?

Crolf at "MIchael Finley's defense".

Giuseppe
10-04-2011, 02:46 PM
^Daddy (your hero since Kobe ran him off) said one of those Championships should have an asterisk applied to it.

DAF86
10-04-2011, 02:55 PM
How did they manage to win 3 and an asterisked one then?

LkrFan
10-04-2011, 03:00 PM

:lol

Giuseppe
10-04-2011, 03:02 PM
"How did they manage to win 3 and an asterisked one then?"

That fuckin' Duncan (pre shit bag) fell into your laps,,,then Manu (pre compost pile) chilled his blood across several April-June temporals & Pop (pre scared shitless) coached like somebody.

It happened.

Leetonidas
10-04-2011, 03:25 PM
true

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Holy crap, how far down the list of google results for "Duncan overrated" before you found this gem, BR?

dunkman
10-04-2011, 04:10 PM
Who's this girl?

http://www.jigglegifs.com/data/media/2/atx_4.gif

z0sa
10-04-2011, 04:31 PM
:lmao

Sec24Row7
10-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Any top 5 list without Bill Russell, Bob Cousy, The Logo or Patrick Ewing on it is laughable.

Oh...

And if there was a tournament for money... where people got to draft all the NBA greats in their prime to play against each other on teams... do you think this guy would be in the top 300 picks?

http://www.croatianhistory.net/gif/mikan.jpg

Didn't think so...

jacobdrj
10-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Any top 5 list without Bill Russell, Bob Cousy, The Logo or Patrick Ewing on it is laughable.

Oh...

And if there was a tournament for money... where people got to draft all the NBA greats in their prime to play against each other on teams... do you think this guy would be in the top 300 picks?

http://www.croatianhistory.net/gif/mikan.jpg

Didn't think so...

Hmmm... I'd take:
Shaq
Timmay
Larry
MJ
Magic

2011 rules...

LnGrrrR
10-04-2011, 04:54 PM
I don't get why the NBA is the only sport where people compare players from the 50's/60's and talk about how "overrated" they are compared to today's athletes. I don't see anyone saying Johnny Unitas was overrated because his career completion percentage is 55%, or that Ted Williams would never have won the Triple Crown with the strategic advancements the game has made towards pitching.

jacobdrj
10-04-2011, 04:58 PM
I don't get why the NBA is the only sport where people compare players from the 50's/60's and talk about how "overrated" they are compared to today's athletes. I don't see anyone saying Johnny Unitas was overrated because his career completion percentage is 55%, or that Ted Williams would never have won the Triple Crown with the strategic advancements the game has made towards pitching.
Because
a) Baseball is an individual sport, and also is a sport with elitist fans...
b) Football is a contact sport, and the general perception is that while men had less physical advantages in terms of medicine and training, they were from a 'tougher gritty-er era'.
c) Basketball is a non-contact sport, that has always placed emphasis on height over speed and/or skill...

LkrFan
10-04-2011, 09:08 PM
Because
b) Football is a contact sport, and the general perception is that while men had less physical advantages in terms of medicine and training, they were from a 'tougher gritty-er era'.
c) Basketball is a non-contact sport, that has always placed emphasis on height over speed and/or skill...

Sec24Row7
10-04-2011, 10:53 PM

Depends on what you are talking about... are you evaluating skill... or numbers vs competition during their time...

If you are arguing numbers vs competition at their time... Russell is an obvious choice... but if you say to me... Russell was one of the top 5 best players to ever live... that isn't a true statement...

He is an "all time great" but he isn't one of the best players ever.

This confusion of the former with the latter is what makes him THE most overrated player of all time.

ambchang
10-05-2011, 10:40 AM
A modern PF aveages around 6'8"? Really? That's it? I can think of guys like Nowitzki and Garnett, who are 7', but I can't really think of too many 6'6" PFs to balance it out.

Stalin
10-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Without a doubt russel is the most overrated player of all time, some people have him 2nd greatest after jordan. Seriously? Dude was 6'9 playing against 6'0 honkies(he was a giant, I know), with no free agency, on stacked teams, in a 8 team league. Anyone actually think he'd get anywhere near to 11 championships today, as he did in the 50's? I'd say he'd be lucky to win one, considering he was a glorified role player/garbage man, with no offencive game and basically, strictly relying on his athletisism, in a honkey dominated league. We already had a bill russel in our era, his name is Ben Wallace.

Deuce Bigalow
10-05-2011, 08:59 PM
his defense

m>s
10-05-2011, 09:35 PM
Because
d) Hockey is an entertaining sport, they'd have a brawl going on there every now and then thats the only reason for me to even watch their games, and the fights are real unlike WWE

Leetonidas
10-05-2011, 09:42 PM
Funny how I see Timmy on almost everyone's list and Kobe not once...just sayin'

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1133366

Deuce Bigalow
10-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Funny how I see Timmy on almost everyone's list and Kobe not once...just sayin'

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1133366

btw someone put Kobe you idiot :lol
and thats by POSITION, not be whos better

Leetonidas
10-05-2011, 11:09 PM
God damn you're a fucking idiot, he put Kobe along with a bunch of Laker greats as his all-time team you dipshit, obviously as a Laker homer joke. :lmao :lmao

I can go find their all-time ranking for you if you like, Timmy's ahead there too

Blake
10-06-2011, 09:19 AM
we all know 2007 was rigged

:rollin