PDA

View Full Version : some will cry, "not a sport"

cantthinkofanything
10-04-2011, 11:52 AM
VRS94Fkd-2E

Viva Las Espuelas
10-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Ah. I thought this would've been a thread about NASCAR; to which I would agree.

CubanSucks
10-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Ah. I thought this would've been a thread about GOLF; to which I would agree.

fixed it for me

z0sa
10-04-2011, 04:32 PM
That's far more vigorous activity than what's required in your average game of golf

CubanSucks
10-04-2011, 04:39 PM
That's far more vigorous activity than what's required in your average game of golf

You just don't understand!!! Golf is a sport of physics and discipline!

koriwhat
10-04-2011, 05:45 PM
They sell those kettle things at walmart to clear your nose when allergy season rolls through. Guess it's time to get a league together locally.

Rip-Hamilton32
10-04-2011, 11:39 PM
Golf and Tennis are the hardest and most boring sports to play, would have included Nascar in the boring category but sitting on your ass taking left turn after left turn isn't a sport.

CubanSucks
10-05-2011, 03:28 AM
Golf and Tennis are the hardest and most boring sports to play, would have included Nascar in the boring category but sitting on your ass taking left turn after left turn isn't a sport.

I'd agree on tennis cause they bust there ass, but golf as a hard sport is laughable. Hitting a ball that's not in motion then walking to it then repeat. It may be hard to get it in the hole in only a few shots but it's not physically gruelling AT ALL

Prime1
10-05-2011, 05:54 AM
I'd agree on tennis cause they bust there ass, but golf as a hard sport is laughable. Hitting a ball that's not in motion then walking to it then repeat. It may be hard to get it in the hole in only a few shots but it's not physically gruelling AT ALL

Jesus. STFU already. And this is not in relation to just this thread but in general. You are unbelievably annoying. Your "insights" are just aggravatingly banal.

cantthinkofanything
10-05-2011, 07:26 AM
Jesus. STFU already. And this is not in relation to just this thread but in general. You are unbelievably annoying. Your "insights" are just aggravatingly banal.

Your use of "banal" is banal.

Frenzy
10-05-2011, 09:15 AM
Your use of "banal" is banal.

Using banal to describe banal is banal.

cantthinkofanything
10-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Using banal to describe banal is banal.

We've gotten off topic. The intent of my OP was to bring attention to a sport rising in globabl popularity. Not to debate tennis, golf, and NASCAR, one of which is a sport and one which is boring to participate in.

In a couple of years, those of you with the foresight to jump into Nose Cleansing will thank me for putting you on to the sport before it becomes banal.

thispego
10-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Lol golf and tennis are sports. NASCAR is not. Cubansucks your such a shmuck :lol

thispego
10-05-2011, 10:32 AM
VRS94Fkd-2E

and this shit is fake :lmao

cantthinkofanything
10-05-2011, 11:23 AM
and this shit is fake :lmao

winner winner

http://www.novocortex.com/viral_aqua_maris/

pawe
10-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Id still watch that fake sport than boring as fuck baseball.

cantthinkofanything
10-05-2011, 11:51 AM
Id still watch that fake sport than boring as fuck baseball.

I can't watch Championship Nose Cleaning anymore, knowing that it's fake. It's too much like MMA now.

Leetonidas
10-05-2011, 01:09 PM
If golf is a sport then bowling is too I guess :lmao

Leetonidas
10-05-2011, 01:10 PM
So is pool and foosball while we're at it

CubanSucks
10-05-2011, 02:47 PM

:cry

:lol banal :lol

Lol golf and tennis are sports. NASCAR is not. Cubansucks your such a shmuck :lol

hurrr durrr duhhh GOLF IS A SPORT derrrr!!!

The only people who think golf is a sport are aging males who can't play any real sports anymore cause their knees can't handle it or young males who were never athletic enough to play any real sports to begin with

cantthinkofanything
10-05-2011, 03:04 PM

I pronounce it "anal" with a b.

Prime1
10-07-2011, 03:05 PM

I don't like golf. And only someone as retarded as you would act like banal is some super high brow word. Anyone who got a 450 or better on the verbal portion of their SAT would know it. You have no insight on any topics. George Carlin was making the same points on golf in 1980, except making them funny and insightful. Your retarded "mma is better for streetfighting" analogies and stuff that you regurgitate from whatever mma announcer you heard it off of ignores the basic facts that everyone who has ever been in a real streetfight knows; you never want to go to the ground thats always where someone can kick you with a steel toed boot or worst yet stab you in the back or hit you from behind with something. As opposed to these imaginary hypothetical one on one scenarios mma fans dream up, in real street fights people always gang up, sneak attack, fight like a bitch etc. so its always best to stay on your feet at all times and keep the action in front of you. Kickboxing or boxing would be better for streetfighting than mma. Again stuff like this is all examples of how someone like you who has no life experiences, no intelligence, and in general just doesn't know shit is ignorant on everything. Then when people get annoyed at how dumb you are, you pretend that you trolled them and won or something. Its fucking embarrassing.

CubanSucks
10-07-2011, 06:25 PM
I don't like golf. And only someone as retarded as you would act like banal is some super high brow word. Anyone who got a 450 or better on the verbal portion of their SAT would know it. You have no insight on any topics. George Carlin was making the same points on golf in 1980, except making them funny and insightful. Your retarded "mma is better for streetfighting" analogies and stuff that you regurgitate from whatever mma announcer you heard it off of ignores the basic facts that everyone who has ever been in a real streetfight knows; you never want to go to the ground thats always where someone can kick you with a steel toed boot or worst yet stab you in the back or hit you from behind with something. As opposed to these imaginary hypothetical one on one scenarios mma fans dream up, in real street fights people always gang up, sneak attack, fight like a bitch etc. so its always best to stay on your feet at all times and keep the action in front of you. Kickboxing or boxing would be better for streetfighting than mma. Again stuff like this is all examples of how someone like you who has no life experiences, no intelligence, and in general just doesn't know shit is ignorant on everything. Then when people get annoyed at how dumb you are, you pretend that you trolled them and won or something. Its fucking embarrassing.

nothin scarier than a street fighter who also works hard in the classroom for his SATs :lol

but in all honestly, your long winded rant got a little hurtful when you dragged mma into it. You hit the jugular, my friend

Veterinarian
10-07-2011, 06:35 PM

This nigga just earned himself a friend request.

atxbuttknocker
10-07-2011, 06:36 PM
I don't know about you guys but as soon as a street fight breaks out I immediately reach for the first guy I can get my hands on, tackle him to the ground and start rubbing my nuts on him. Works for me!

atxbuttknocker
10-07-2011, 06:40 PM
I'm gettin hawt right now just thinking about it asamof :dizzy:dizzy:dizzy:dizzy

ALVAREZ6
10-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Darts is a great sport too.

DMC
10-08-2011, 12:28 AM

hurrr durrr duhhh GOLF IS A SPORT derrrr!!!

The only people who think golf is a sport are aging males who can't play any real sports anymore cause their knees can't handle it or young males who were never athletic enough to play any real sports to begin with

Golf is a sport. The same aging males play basketball and softball. Are those not sports?

Tiger Woods can drive 350 yards off the tee. If you could do that you wouldn't be here running your cocksucker.

CubanSucks
10-08-2011, 12:46 AM
Golf is a sport. The same aging males play basketball and softball. Are those not sports?

Tiger Woods can drive 350 yards off the tee. If you could do that you wouldn't be here running your cocksucker.

I also can't eat 50 hotdogs in just a few minutes or throw darts anywhere near the bullseye or cut and style someone's hair properly or perform surgery

I'll give you this. I'm not so set on the idea that golf isn't a sport as much as I'm certain that golfers aren't actually athletes

DMC
10-08-2011, 01:05 AM
I also can't eat 50 hotdogs in just a few minutes or throw darts anywhere near the bullseye or cut and style someone's hair properly or perform surgery

I'll give you this. I'm not so set on the idea that golf isn't a sport as much as I'm certain that golfers aren't actually athletes

Moving goalposts is a sport.

Physical strength isn't required to do any of the things you listed. Try driving a ball 350 off the tee.

I think the problem comes in when trying to equivocate athletics and sports. You don't have to be in shape to play golf, you don't have to be able to run a 4 minute mile. However, you will not take up golf this year and win a major next year, or even in 5 years. It takes a lifetime of training your muscles and your mind to react to situations, and there's no room for fuckups.

You can be genetically gifted and grow to 7'4 and play in the NBA with almost zero skills. You can be 350lbs, 6'8 and be a decent linebacker and make it to the pros. You will not be a golf pro based on your genetics. No one looks at a future pro golfer in a supermarket and says "I bet he plays golf".

CubanSucks
10-08-2011, 01:28 AM
Moving goalposts is a sport.

Physical strength isn't required to do any of the things you listed. Try driving a ball 350 off the tee.

I think the problem comes in when trying to equivocate athletics and sports. You don't have to be in shape to play golf, you don't have to be able to run a 4 minute mile. However, you will not take up golf this year and win a major next year, or even in 5 years. It takes a lifetime of training your muscles and your mind to react to situations, and there's no room for fuckups.

You can be genetically gifted and grow to 7'4 and play in the NBA with almost zero skills. You can be 350lbs, 6'8 and be a decent linebacker and make it to the pros. You will not be a golf pro based on your genetics. No one looks at a future pro golfer in a supermarket and says "I bet he plays golf".

I understand there's strength required to hit a ball. And I also understand that it takes a ton of skill. My problem is that the entire "sport" consists of having all the time in the world to hit a ball sitting absolutely still with complete silence and then walking or riding to it. If I were to consider someone who does that an athlete, then the spectrum for athletes would have golfers waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay at the lowest end when you consider athletes of other sports. I don't care how skilled they are

Prime1
10-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Ugh, please make it stop...

lefty
10-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Baseball is not a sport

TBH

bus driver
10-10-2011, 10:14 AM
what about beer pong?
if golf is a sport then this has to be one.

Isitjustme?
10-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Ugh, please make it stop...

:lol CubanSucks is just a fact of life on this forum. No amount of failure, humiliation, or embarrassment will make him leave. He has nowhere else to go. The hilarious thing is he thinks he's a badass or something no matter how many people shit on him.

Its almost like if a retard showed up at your house, shit his pants and then threw up on himself. Then if for some strange reason you got aggravated by that he would act like he had won or something. Its bizarre really.

CubanSucks
10-10-2011, 04:44 PM
^ :lol this guy gets it. Except I don't think I'm a badass