PDA

View Full Version : Season looks like it's probably gone...

benefactor
10-04-2011, 05:30 PM
...or at least part of it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvmzyUemJNL4nMXtYIBji0G8vLYF?slug=ap-nbalabor

Nothing got done today. Might be months before another meeting.

Veterinarian.
10-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Fuck. Was looking forward to seeing how the Mavs play coming off a championship :(

pass1st
10-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Which team is claiming this asterisk championship?

InRareForm
10-04-2011, 06:00 PM
spurs will have 4.75 championships by next July

Koolaid_Man
10-04-2011, 06:52 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvmzyUemJNL4nMXtYIBji0G8vLYF?slug=ap-nbalabor

ahhh stop pissing and moaning you still got Kool

Koolaid_Man
10-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Fuck. Was looking forward to seeing how the Mavs play coming off a championship :(

why fuck face...there's a reason why jump shooting teams don't generally win titles...in fact Dallas is the 2nd team to do it and it won't happen again...that's why you know they won't repeat..You can only get lucky for so long with that style of play...and now since everyone else will be using Cryo chambers they will be forced to play on a level field.

Giuseppe
10-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Anybody (of merit) want to make an ELE bet with me that the NBA opens without delay. If we open on time you leave until the 2012. If we don't open on time I leave until 2012. I want a hump from the San Antonio contingent.

Koolaid_Man
10-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Which team is claiming this asterisk championship?

it's not like 99....if the Lakers win it that's different...why because when the Spurs won it back in 99 they hadn't won a previous title..that's why Phil called them out on that bullshit ass title. If the Lakers, Spurs, Heat, Celtics or any team that has won within the last 10 years win it next season then it's not a Fluke...But 99 was different.... had the Bulls, Lakers , Celtics, or Rockets, won in 99 then it would have been legit according to Kool's logic.

Dex
10-04-2011, 07:23 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: nothing but a bunch of spoiled brats. Millionaires and billionaires arguing over how to split the fans' hard earned money, in spite of the fans. Heaven forbid they only make 10 million a season instead of 15 for playing a fucking game.

Dunc n Dave
10-04-2011, 08:06 PM
it's not like 99....if the Lakers win it that's different...why because when the Spurs won it back in 99 they hadn't won a previous title..that's why Phil called them out on that bullshit ass title. If the Lakers, Spurs, Heat, Celtics or any team that has won within the last 10 years win it next season then it's not a Fluke...But 99 was different.... had the Bulls, Lakers , Celtics, or Rockets, won in 99 then it would have been legit according to Kool's logic.

So tell me dumbass, what year did the Celtics and/or Lakers win it from 89-99? According to your logic, that is? :wakeup

Koolaid_Man
10-04-2011, 08:13 PM
So tell me dumbass, what year did the Celtics and/or Lakers win it from 89-99? According to your logic, that is? :wakeup

give or take a year or two for the lakers...and if your bitch ass don't like that then give or take a year or 5...

Koolaid_Man
10-04-2011, 08:23 PM

:lmao @ the owners

The loss of two weeks of the regular season would be in the hundreds of millions of dollars to owners, according to deputy commissioner Adam Silver. The players will lose tens of millions, Silver said.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/215871/NBA_Formally_Cancels_Entire_Preseason#ixzz1ZrldIne c

BRHornet45
10-04-2011, 08:25 PM
just like 1999 any awards or championships ....

LkrFan
10-04-2011, 09:31 PM
If there is no season, Mavs won back to back titles. Props. :toast

Now the Spurs are the only team in Texas NOT to repeat. :downspin:

Giuseppe
10-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Anybody (of merit) want to make an ELE bet with me that the NBA opens without delay. If we open on time you leave until the 2012. If we don't open on time I leave until 2012. I want a hump from the San Antonio contingent.

I fuckin' knew it.

Nary a one of ya's has a hair on yer ass.

lmvictoriousao!!!

Kai
10-04-2011, 09:38 PM
If there's no season then Chris Paul has played his last game in a Hornets uniform and the city might say goodbye to the team.

BRHornet45
10-04-2011, 09:42 PM
If there's no season then Chris Paul has played his last game in a Hornets uniform and the city might say goodbye to the team.

"Having sold an NBA-best 1,000-plus full season-ticket packages in the past 100 days"

"As of Wednesday, the Hornets had sold 9,003 season tickets for the next season, 997 short of the stated goal of 10,000. But the Hornets have increased their season ticket total from last season by more than 3,400 and will continue the drive toward the 10,000 mark in the coming weeks."

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2011/09/new_orleans_hornets_encouraged_1.html

suck it son suck it good

Kai
10-04-2011, 09:50 PM
"Having sold an NBA-best 1,000-plus full season-ticket packages in the past 100 days"

"As of Wednesday, the Hornets had sold 9,003 season tickets for the next season, 997 short of the stated goal of 10,000. But the Hornets have increased their season ticket total from last season by more than 3,400 and will continue the drive toward the 10,000 mark in the coming weeks."

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2011/09/new_orleans_hornets_encouraged_1.html

suck it son suck it good

lotta good those season tickets will do when there is no season.

Dex
10-04-2011, 09:52 PM
If there is no season, Mavs won back to back titles. Props. :toast

Now the Spurs are the only team in Texas NOT to repeat. :downspin:

Logic is not your strong suit, I see.

LnGrrrR
10-04-2011, 09:52 PM

I'd take that bet if you want a Boston scalp. Though to be fair, I'm headed overseas soon, so I might not be on as often as I would anyways. Fair warning.

LkrFan
10-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Logic is not your strong suit, I see.

:downspin:

tee hee

Giuseppe
10-04-2011, 09:54 PM
I'd take that bet if you want a Boston scalp. Though to be fair, I'm headed overseas soon, so I might not be on as often as I would anyways. Fair warning.

You ain't of merit. I once thought so, but, like Dunc you've become a bitter disappointment to me.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Serious question Cully, why would you wanna make that bet? If they can't agree to a new CBA in the next week then the season not starting on time is a sure thing. They might not even have another negotiation by next week.

Axe Murderer
10-04-2011, 10:05 PM

crofl serious?

I'll take this bet. Easiest one i'll ever win

Giuseppe
10-04-2011, 10:41 PM
Serious question Cully, why would you wanna make that bet? If they can't agree to a new CBA in the next week then the season not starting on time is a sure thing. They might not even have another negotiation by next week.

Don't even start with me DoK. You treated me less than quality & then did me dirt. Until you thread an apology to me, it's strictly heel & toe.

Heel & fuckin' toe.

Giuseppe
10-04-2011, 10:42 PM
crofl serious?

I'll take this bet. Easiest one i'll ever win

You ain't of merit. I lump you on the fringe of Dunc & Ln. You ain't in bed with 'em exactly. But, yer next to to the bed, watchin' 'em do naughties, blockin' my fuckin' view.

lefty
10-04-2011, 10:49 PM
just like 1999 any awards or championships ....

Too bad you don't have anything to put an asterisk next to.

mavs>spurs
10-04-2011, 10:49 PM
Not an effin' dime DoK.

BRHornet45
10-04-2011, 11:41 PM
Too bad you don't have anything to put an asterisk next to.

son too bad you only have one, boring ass sports team lolzzzz

lol Spurs
lol UTSA
lol NO NFL
lol "River" Walk aka Dirty Little Creek

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-05-2011, 12:42 AM
Don't even start with me DoK. You treated me less than quality & then did me dirt. Until you thread an apology to me, it's strictly heel & toe.

Heel & fuckin' toe.
lmcontrollinao!

Juggity
10-05-2011, 12:50 AM
lol Spurs
lol UTSA
lol NO NFL
lol "River" Walk aka Dirty Little Creek

I don't care one way or the other about UTSA and the NFL is boring as shit compared to the NBA. But it would be hard to say that the Spurs are worthy of an "lol" when you can't multiply your own franchise's number of LOBs by ten billion and equal the Spurs total. After all, zero times ten billion still equals zero.

DeadlyDynasty
10-05-2011, 02:11 AM
Can't say I give a shit if we lose a season of NBA. Still have NFL and NCAA Hoops. Besides, it'll be funny to hear more and more Delonte West-like stories from all the jigs who blew through their stacks too fast.