PDA

View Full Version : From the grave!

Yonivore
10-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Steve Jobs’s secret legacy: Dying Apple boss left plans for four years of new products (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2046397/Steve-Jobs-Dying-Apple-boss-left-plans-years-new-products.html)

Despite knowing he was dying, Steve Jobs worked for more than a year on the products that he believed would safeguard the company's future.

It was also revealed today that Jobs fought hard to get plans approved for a spaceship-style company headquarters in California.
I'm betting a holographic Steve Jobs does an Apple product reveal, in the next couple of years. Maybe they've saved the iPhone 5 for him.

ElNono
10-07-2011, 03:51 PM
gtuz5OmOh_M

http://techcrunch.com/2011/08/13/apples-new-headquarters/

lol revealed today

DMC
10-07-2011, 04:29 PM
If he was that smart, he wouldn't be dead.

Yonivore
10-07-2011, 04:55 PM
:lmao I guess Einstein was a dumbass, too.

LnGrrrR
10-07-2011, 04:55 PM

Maybe he isn't....

FuzzyLumpkins
10-07-2011, 05:23 PM
He did not invent GUI, portable MP3, MP4 etc players, honeycomb tablets etc. He was great at aesthetics.

Farraday discovered basic properties of electromagnetics without much education. Einstein took Maxwell's equation and completely revolutionized how the domains were interpreted. Edison's work on signal processing and electrochemical interactions changed the world.

Jobs really liked sans sarif font for his iteration of a GUI. Yet people are trying to put him up with those guys. I don't get it.

DarrinS
10-07-2011, 05:23 PM
gtuz5OmOh_M

http://techcrunch.com/2011/08/13/apples-new-headquarters/

lol revealed today

Cool video. You have to make a lot of profit over a long period to invest in an office building like that. I wonder what would happen to Cupertino if the big, evil corporate giant packed up and left?

Agloco
10-07-2011, 05:29 PM
:lmao I guess Einstein was a dumbass, too.

Some swear up and down that he was indeed an idiot.

ElNono
10-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Cool video. You have to make a lot of profit over a long period to invest in an office building like that. I wonder what would happen to Cupertino if the big, evil corporate giant packed up and left?

Probably what happened with the other cities that used to host countless big, evil corporate giants that packed up and left.

They would still be there.

I expect China to remain in the world map too even if their competitive advantage eventually runs out...

Agloco
10-07-2011, 05:33 PM

In my right hand, I hold an orange. In my left hand, I hold an apple (pun intended). Darrin will now compare them.

DarrinS
10-07-2011, 05:42 PM
In my right hand, I hold an orange. In my left hand, I hold an apple (pun intended). Darrin will now compare them.

Your response makes no sense. What two things am I comparing?

DarrinS
10-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Probably what happened with the other cities that used to host countless big, evil corporate giants that packed up and left.

They would still be there.

I expect China to remain in the world map too even if their competitive advantage eventually runs out...

Detroit is still there. Have you been lately?

ElNono
10-07-2011, 05:47 PM

Not since '98 (or '97?), tbh.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-07-2011, 05:54 PM

Have you? I have in-laws that grew up in Detroit in the 1970s. Its not as if it was a urban paragon or the like even back then.

Yonivore
10-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Some swear up and down that he was indeed an idiot.
Yeah, I've heard that. And, with the revelation we've possibly thrown a particle past the speed of light, it may, in fact be, he is an idiot.

Perhaps I should have chosen a different "genius,' that's dead.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-07-2011, 06:28 PM
Yeah, I've heard that. And, with the revelation we've possibly thrown a particle past the speed of light, it may, in fact be, he is an idiot.

Perhaps I should have chosen a different "genius,' that's dead.

The neutrino's were shown to arrive 60 nanosecs before they were supposed to and had not lost any energy. How that happened is up for debate but the data does not match conventional physical systems.

It could be wrong. It could be that the data was botched or miscalculated. The experiment incorrectly executed. The string theorists are claiming the possibility of extra-dimensional travel. The quantum mechanics are up in arms because they did not lose energy and if c is not absolute they should have produced additional particles as they lost energy.

Even if his models were incorrect his interpretation of the time domain was revolutionary nonetheless.

Yonivore
10-07-2011, 06:59 PM
The neutrino's were shown to arrive 60 nanosecs before they were supposed to and had not lost any energy. How that happened is up for debate but the data does not match conventional physical systems.

It could be wrong. It could be that the data was botched or miscalculated. The experiment incorrectly executed. The string theorists are claiming the possibility of extra-dimensional travel. The quantum mechanics are up in arms because they did not lose energy and if c is not absolute they should have produced additional particles as they lost energy.

Even if his models were incorrect his interpretation of the time domain was revolutionary nonetheless.
And, all those geniuses will someday be dead. Idiots.

ElNono
10-07-2011, 07:10 PM
A lot of shit in Quantum mechanics don't tie up with physics as we know it. Doesn't mean that in it's specific domain the rules do not apply, or whoever figured out the rules on the local domain is an idiot.