PDA

View Full Version : This Team Has No Balls

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-14-2005, 10:36 PM
Doesn't even bother to show up with a chance to give the death blow to the Pistons.

And as usual, when played physically Duncan cowered away from the paint and settled for jumpers all night long. weak shit.

Thanks to Tony Parker and Brent Barry for showing up, too bad your teammates didn't catch the same bus.

SuperManu!!!
06-14-2005, 10:37 PM
Agreed

Nikos
06-14-2005, 10:38 PM
Duncan has to play better. Plain and simple. He had some good chances to make plays and instead he puts up weak shots and is still getting burned on the other end (watching Dyess shoot) etc..

I recognize everyone save for Parker and Barry are playing like shit, but Duncan has to do better. Plain and simple.

ZStomp
06-14-2005, 10:38 PM
Why don't u lock this thread too. :rolleyes

T Park
06-14-2005, 10:40 PM
Agreed.

Keep going to the hole tim and throwing up your WNBA hook and not upfakin, thanks for not showin up MVP.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-14-2005, 10:41 PM
ZStomp, show me where there's other identical threads.

Thanks.

gocanes719
06-14-2005, 10:42 PM
Duncan was the Spurs worst player tonight. He looked like a total quitter tonight, which is very disappointing.

TMSKILZ
06-14-2005, 10:49 PM
Aggie is a herbster!

Brodels
06-14-2005, 10:49 PM
Big Ben really bothered Tim when he defended him. Duncan doesn't do as well against physical guys who are bigger than the average power forward. The tone was set early, and he never got into a rhythm. He's not catching the ball low like he did in game one, and he's not very effective at all.

The team was very disappointing tonight. They didn't play with much fire. They turned the ball over. Their defense retreated and disappeared. They were sloppy.

Hopefully they'll get this game out of their system and be fine. But they've lost four in a row in the playoffs before, including last year. They need to come out with some more passion on Thursday.

Sure, Detroit played better tonight than they've been playing. But the Spurs folded.

Very disappointing.

Tobias
06-14-2005, 10:50 PM
This is the Bizarro Spurs tonight. Barry has balls where no one else does :rolleyes

50 cent
06-14-2005, 10:52 PM
Duncan and Manu were the biggest Pussies on the planet tonight. Fuck you two. I hope you don't sleep a lick tonight. Wake up dickwads, this is the Finals.

Sense
06-14-2005, 10:52 PM
You love to diss the spurs when they lose eh ahf?

I did hope they got owneed so they realizd they had to show up..

The thing is you dont need to worry about that one.

50 cent
06-14-2005, 10:53 PM
Beno is playing like the trash his mullet haircut makes him appear to be.

2centsworth
06-14-2005, 10:55 PM
I think Manu was totally slowed by the leg injury. I just hope he makes it back at full health. Timmy was terrible for his standards. Still like our chances in game 4.

Dre_7
06-14-2005, 10:57 PM
Doesn't even bother to show up with a chance to give the death blow to the Pistons.

And as usual, when played physically Duncan cowered away from the paint and settled for jumpers all night long. weak shit.

Thanks to Tony Parker and Brent Barry for showing up, too bad your teammates didn't catch the same bus.

Yeah, we suck. :lol :lol

[Sarcasm/]

td4mvp21
06-14-2005, 10:57 PM
They didn't play good. We should have known when they got a turnover and a three point play against them on the first play. Detroit got them one.

goliath
06-14-2005, 10:58 PM
Woulda been nice if Manu and Tim had showed up tonight.

Evidentally they missed the flight to Detroit.

Pistons < Spurs
06-14-2005, 11:00 PM
I can't believe all the hate for your own team. You lost..so what..It's one game. And to say it's simply because you played poorly, and to give no credit to our D is pretty poor aswell. (that comment obviously does not go to all Spur fans...) Love your team win or lose.......

T Park
06-14-2005, 11:00 PM
The Spurs had em where they wanted em.

Up by 3 with 3 minutes to go in the 3rd, you finish that quarter with the lead, you practically kill em.

But no, got stupid, stopped playing PERIOD, no more rebounding, no more hustle.

You dont mind losing having a bad shooting night and the other team making tough shots.

Its when they outhustle, outrebound, and just plain out tough you, for the win.

THATS what pisses you off.

shyne
06-14-2005, 11:02 PM
Im not gonna make a big deal that they lost, it just pisses me off how we lose. In every series are losses have been cause we played like Pussies, i would be fine if we lost by 5-7 points but we always get killed after when have a few good games,

TwoHandJam
06-14-2005, 11:02 PM
Same old Spurs. Fuck this is disappointing.

I knew we might be in trouble when they asked Pop what he talked to the team about before tonight's game and he said "Nothing - they know how important this game is and what they should be doing." or something along those lines. When is Pop going to learn that this team can't yet be trusted to coach themselves because of their complacency problems? It's only happened every year in the playoffs including this one.

Anyhow, this one is far from being just on Pop as our MVP decided he just wasn't even going to try tonight. WTF was Tim doing out there anyhow? He didn't even look like he was trying. Very frustrating.

The Pistons came out strong but we got the better of them in the first quarter and then played like we just thought they'd go away. The Pistons weren't even playing particularly well right up until the half. We had a chance to stomp them in the third and we just came out completely flat. They played better than at the SBC to be sure but they certainly weren't dominating until we let the game get out of hand in the fourth with our lackadaisical play.

I just hope Manu is ok because this game really showed me how much he's been bailing us out lately with his energy sparking runs when we need them. He clearly wasn't himself after that thigh bruise and it showed. Parker tried to rally the troops but no one seemed interested. I have to mention again how much Duncan let me down though. He flat out sucked tonight and didn't look like he was even trying.

Dre_7
06-14-2005, 11:05 PM
I can't believe all the hate for your own team. You lost..so what..It's one game.

Alota guys here cant understand that its a 7 game series. You get this response after every loss. Sometimes even some fans "give up" on the team. All that matters is winning four games. Some people have a hard time understanding that. Welcome to SpursTalk. :lol

Leetonidas
06-14-2005, 11:06 PM
One loss and everyone jumps ship. Losers.

Brodels
06-14-2005, 11:06 PM
Alota guys here cant understand that its a 7 game series. You get this response after every loss. Sometimes even some fans "give up" on the team. All that matters is winning four games. Some people have a hard time understanding that. Welcome to SpursTalk. :lol

Who's giving up? Name five posters who have said that they are giving up on the Spurs this series. You look like an idiot when you make shit up.

Dre_7
06-14-2005, 11:08 PM
Who's giving up? Name five posters who have said that they are giving up on the Spurs this series. You look like an idiot when you make shit up.

I was talkin about the other series. Walton Buys Me off (or wateva his name is) and others. I wasnt talkin about this series. Sorry bout the confussion.

Aggie Hoopsfan
And to say it's simply because you played poorly, and to give no credit to our D is pretty poor aswell.

Hey, it worked for your team in the first two games. What was it Rip said? "Bowen didn't do nothing, I got every shot I wanted."

I knew we might be in trouble when they asked Pop what he talked to the team about before tonight's game and he said "Nothing - they know how important this game is and what they should be doing." or something along those lines. When is Pop going to learn that this team can't yet be trusted to coach themselves because of their complacency problems? It's only happened every year in the playoffs including this one.

A-fucking-men.

If I may add, my one big gripe with Pop tonight.... he brings in Brent Barry to hit threes in the playoffs, Brent Barry was hitting threes like they were layups tonight, and he was anchored to the bench.

Stupid.

Brodels
There's a difference between giving up and being disappointed with the team's play. Many here can't grasp that difference.

If you were able to grasp that, you'd realize that nobody is giving up.

T Park
"Nothing - they know how important this game is and what they should be doing."

2 hand,

wanna show me what is incorrect about that???

Hes right, he shouldnt have to rally the troops, he shouldnt have to scream, this team shouldve came into this game with a killer atttitude and they didnt.

Remember what they say, the team follows the leader, and Duncan was lacksadasical, and totally dead.

The team followed his example and came out flat ass.

Big ups to Tony Parker and Brent Barry,

you guys were stellar and awesome.

OUghtta keep the Tony Parker haters at bay.

BTW, Ginobili looked gassed, not suprising, only 1 day off and it was a travel day.

He will come out BETTER in game 4, even better in game 5, elimination game.

GrandeDavid
06-14-2005, 11:09 PM
The good news is that they are ripe for an ass chewing and should come back ready to play in Game 4. They just need one game in Detroit. They've got two more shots. I like their chances.

beirmeistr
06-14-2005, 11:10 PM
It goes to show that the Spurs cannot go on a decent winning streak without stinking up the place now and then. I have never seen Ginobili have a bad game befire so I think that bruised thigh affected his game. parker and barry played decent. Mohammed pissed the shit out of me with his bumbling of Manu's passes. I am pretty sure that the Spurs know that they stunk and will come back with a vengeance.

Dre_7
06-14-2005, 11:10 PM
There's a difference between giving up and being disappointed with the team's play. Many here can't grasp that difference.

If you were able to grasp that, you'd realize that nobody is giving up.

During the Seattle series I recall a few people calling the Spurs pussies and "giving up." Go back to my post and notice the " " around giving up.

exstatic
06-14-2005, 11:11 PM
Kori - Please save this thread in the classics. When the lockout lasts into January and you people are pining for hoops, remember your discontent over an extra game.

Duncan stopped going inside because he was being pushed on the the release of the shot. I'll bet it was 5-5 jumpers and all the misses on the no calls in the paint.

TwoHandJam
06-14-2005, 11:11 PM
I can't believe all the hate for your own team. You lost..so what..It's one game. And to say it's simply because you played poorly, and to give no credit to our D is pretty poor aswell. (that comment obviously does not go to all Spur fans...) Love your team win or lose.......
It was a little more than "just one game". It was a game that virtually guaranteed us a title had we won it. Surely this is obvious.

The Pistons played well but they weren't the main reason we lost imo. We had the lead in a very important first quarter and had set the tone. Then we just decided that we would play very conservative until the half which I think cost us.

The Pistons didn't really start to play well until virtually the end of the third when they went on a run. They just wanted it more. Our usual energizer Manu just wasn't the same at all after that collision and Tim didn't show up for whatever reason. That's the ball game right there. Very unusual for Tim, not to mention frustrating for us fans.

stéphane
06-14-2005, 11:12 PM
Some of you need to understand the difference between being critical and upset with the manner and the fact on quitting on your team.

TwoHandJam
06-14-2005, 11:15 PM
2 hand,

Hes right, he shouldnt have to rally the troops, he shouldnt have to scream, this team shouldve came into this game with a killer atttitude and they didnt.

Remember what they say, the team follows the leader, and Duncan was lacksadasical, and totally dead.

The team followed his example and came out flat ass.
What's wrong with it is that that approach has failed too many times as I pointed out in the original post. He should know the team by now and know that this game is too important not to make it a point of stressing intensity in a pivotal game.

Also, when he realized that Tim was flat he should have done something, anything to turn that around. Maybe he did but you sure couldn't tell by watching that game.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-14-2005, 11:19 PM

Hes right, he shouldnt have to rally the troops, he shouldnt have to scream, this team shouldve came into this game with a killer atttitude and they didnt

Because every time Pop did it in the past, we got to witness a game like tonight.

Look, you've probably never played competitive sports Tpark, but a team always takes on the personality of coach.

When Pop doesn't feel it's important enough to say anything before the game, the team in turn feels it's not important enough to play hard, and you get shit like tonight.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-14-2005, 11:19 PM
C'mon, it's one game.

They got outplayed tonight and it was a must-win for Detroit. I'm glad (and certainly not surprised) that they won in a way, makes it a series.

Now let's see how good our team really is in game 4. If they come out and beat Detroit on their own floor in a crucial game, then they are as good as we all hope, if not, well, it's best of 3.

Let's not leave the ship because it ain't even close to sinking yet!

E20
06-14-2005, 11:22 PM
Aggie you have to calm the fuck down. It is one game and you go berserk over a loss. Look everybody played bad except for like 3 people but, we hung with them untill the 7 minute mark at the 4th. People picked the Spurs to win in 5,6,7 games and what do people do when they know it's gonna go more than 4 games? They bitch! WTF people here are totally contradicting themselves.

P.S
Where is the fire Pop and FT thread at?

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-14-2005, 11:23 PM
Again, I wouldn't have had a problem with them losing if Detroit beat them.

But they just didn't bother to show up, from coach right on down the bench (Tony and Brent excepted).

That's pathetic.

GoSpurs21
06-14-2005, 11:24 PM
doesnt help that Joey Crawford set the tone early that the Spurs were not going to get the calls and Manu turned it over so many times. But at least the Spurs were not whining after every fucking call like the pistons in games 1 and 2.

Spurs will come out with more focus in game 4

But they just didn't bother to show up, from coach right on down the bench (Tony and Brent excepted).

That's pathetic.Try Duncan and Manu jack they were the ones that didnt show up. At least try not to be such a homer

Dre_7
06-14-2005, 11:26 PM
BTW, here is what I was talkin about when I said some people "gave up" on the Spurs.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15806

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17162

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17230 (Note, this thread was edited. The original Title was "time to give up the series just like last year.")

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14349

goliath
06-14-2005, 11:27 PM
Tim and Manu wont dissapear 2 games in a row.

Spurs in 5

stéphane
The pistons did some smart thing imo to get advantage on the some spurs having a bad night. They ie ran pnr between billups and prince to have billups guarded by manu (who raped him) and prince guarded by TP (who would have been raped w/o nazr help defense down the line).

Aggie Hoopsfan
Look, everyone knew the Spurs weren't going to get the calls tonight.

Even more reason to come out focused and determined. Instead we played soft/scared/Charmin'/insert soft adjective/noun here.

MadDog73

That's pathetic.

What, no love for Bruce? 4-6 three-pointers not good enough for you Aggie?

I guess that's Pop's fault, too. :rolleyes

Pop is right. He shouldn't have to explain to Tim how important it is to win Game 3, especially after the Lakers last year. Looking at Larry Brown, he didn't seem very confident in his team, either.

I guess these coaches just suck. Is it too late to get Phil Jackson? :sarcasm

E20
Actually GoSpurs, I think Aggie is including Tim and Manu and the rest of the Spurs Org except Brent and Tony.

Experiment2100
06-14-2005, 11:28 PM

You just haven't been here that long.

dn0
06-14-2005, 11:29 PM
If manu is healthy he will come back with a strong game, he looked like 40 years old today.

jcrod
06-14-2005, 11:32 PM

It must suck being you, you can't wait to just bitch. I wouldn't call it having no cahones. You can't win them all, chief. Just point the obvious. Detroit came fired up and the Spurs couldn't respond.

Dre_7
06-14-2005, 11:32 PM
You just haven't been here that long.

Thats what I was trying to say! You just did a much better job. :lol Sometimes one can say more in less. Word!

goliath
06-14-2005, 11:37 PM
Spurs played like crap all game long. Yet we were only down 5 going to the 4th. Tim and Manu combine for 21. When ever your 2 best players score that amount of points youre usually going to lose. We played about as bad as we could all game yet were still in it with 8-9 min left. Tim played like crap, Manu played like crap, and we turned the ball over way too much. All three thing wont happen the same time again. No worries. Spurs in 5

Kori Ellis
06-14-2005, 11:38 PM

Bruce Bowen.

T Park
06-14-2005, 11:40 PM
Bruce 12 points and had Rip get 24 on 23 shots.

Agreed.

Had the bigs and everyone else rebounded, that wouldve been nice.

2centsworth
06-14-2005, 11:40 PM
Bruce Bowen.
bruce wanted to make a run at the end, but the team fell apart defensively.

T Park
06-14-2005, 11:41 PM
BTW

Hey Tim DUncan

Ben fuckin Wallace had 15. You had 14

Duncan, your a fuckin joke.

Letting that stiff have that many, and you only "managing" 14 is a complete and utter fucking joke.

Kori Ellis
06-14-2005, 11:42 PM

:lol

Why are you guys all so fairweather?! The Spurs had a bad night and now they are a fuckin joke?

T Park
06-14-2005, 11:44 PM
Im sorry.

Duncan, you were fabulous, keep shooting 25 foot jumpers.

How is that fairweather, Im stating a fact about Duncan period.

MadDog73

And you're an asshole.

Jesus, can Spurs fans understand these people are human, not Gods for you to worship?

If you think you can do better T-Park, get off your fat ass and play ball.

Sorry I'm so rude, but calling Tim a "joke" has to be the stupidest thing a Spurs fan can say, other than calling for Pop to be fired.

goliath
One thing about Tim, he always bounces back from a bad game.

Man, its not like Tim and Manu went off. They both had arguably their worst games in these playoffs at the same time.

Both must be pissed that they let the team down and both should bounce back just fine.

When ur 2 best players combine for 21 points ur going to lose. Doesnt matter if its against detroit or the clips.

Next game:
Tim 30+ Manu 25+
Spurs in 5

Kori Ellis
How is that fairweather, Im stating a fact about Duncan period.

Duncan is a fuckin joke? Or he played poorly? There's a difference.

Dre_7
06-14-2005, 11:45 PM

Reminds me of peoples reactions after game 4 vs. PHX. Timmy will be back. One bad game doesnt make someone a joke. :lol :lol

E20
06-14-2005, 11:45 PM
How is Duncan a fucking joke?
By using your logic then I guess everybody is a fucking joke on the Spurs except for Bruce, Tony and Brent.

Good God, it's one game and the Spurs lose the finals....REMEBER this isn't single elimanation.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-14-2005, 11:46 PM
It must suck being you, you can't wait to just bitch. I wouldn't call it having no cahones. You can't win them all, chief. Just point the obvious.

Here's the obvious thing that you are obviously missing:

I love my Spurs and I hate watching them lose. I have no problem when we just get beat. I do have a problem when we don't bother to show up.

we didn't show up tonight, and that's weak.

goliath
Anyone who says Duncan is a fuckin joke is a fuckin joke.

Lets see how much of a joke he is after game 4

T Park
Tonight, he was a fucking joke. Letting Ben Wallace outscore you, and letting him push you around and settling for "jump shots" is a fucking joke.

Maddog, fuck off, dont like it, go away .

RuffnReadyOzStyle
C'mon guys!? Sheesh, no balls??? What about the balls they showed in games 1 and 2, both times stopping runs at crucial times and closing out the 4th.

We were hurt, down on energy and out of sorts today. That doesn't mean we will be on Thurs, and it doesn't mean we have no balls.

Hell, we were playing horribly but were still in the game until the 4th, and then they outplayed us when they absolutely had to. I don't see us playing that badly again.

Dre_7
Didnt SA lose game 3 in the 99 finals as well? That worked out pretty well I think. How'd we do in that series?

MadDog73
06-14-2005, 11:47 PM
Here's the obvious thing that you are obviously missing:

I love my Spurs and I hate watching them lose. I have no problem when we just get beat. I do have a problem when we don't bother to show up.

we didn't show up tonight, and that's weak.

Wrong. Manu and Tim had off nights. With your lead scorers having off nights, chances are, you will lose.

The rest of the Spurs, (Horry, Bruce, Tony, Brent, etc.) did fine under the curcumstances.

firepopovich
06-14-2005, 11:48 PM
it all starts with duncan. his softness obviously rubs off on the team.

weebo
06-14-2005, 11:48 PM
Maybe I don't feel as bad as some of you at this lost. We were right there for most of the night into the fourth quarter. A turnover here and a turnover there and the pistons blew the game open. Next game the Spurs need to limit the turnovers and do a better job on the defensive boards. We take of two things we'll do a lot better!!

E20
06-14-2005, 11:49 PM
There are hella tweakers on this board.

MadDog73
Tonight, he was a fucking joke. Letting Ben Wallace outscore you, and letting him push you around and settling for "jump shots" is a fucking joke.

Maddog, fuck off, dont like it, go away .

Uh, no and no.

You're in the wrong here and need to be told so.

If you think Duncan is a joke, root for another team and stop wasting your time on "losers" like the Spurs. :rolleyes

RuffnReadyOzStyle
T Park, Jesus, calm down.

Aggie, how did we not show up tonight? We held on for all we were worth for 3 quarters while they got away with dirty fouls and nothing went right for us. In the 4th, everything went their way and we got outplayed. I don't think that means we didn't turn up. We had a bad game, it happens to every team. We will bounce back. That is the measure of a true champion.

Maddog, thanks for talking sense.

We all hate it when they lose, but now just because of that Duncan is soft, Manu and Tony should be traded and they should move the franchise to Maine??? Walk away from the computer, smoke a J and calm down. :hat

MadDog73
06-14-2005, 11:50 PM
it all starts with duncan. his softness obviously rubs off on the team.

Who the fuck is this dumbshit?

If you think Duncan is soft and Pop needs to be fired, then you're not a Spurs fan. Period.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-14-2005, 11:53 PM
Agreed.

It always happens when we play a bad game though, Spurs fans go insane and forget the two games we just won. Maybe it is memories of 2000-2 and 2004, but still it's a pain in the arse.

dn0
06-14-2005, 11:54 PM
Who the fuck is this dumbshit?

If you think Duncan is soft and Pop needs to be fired, then you're not a Spurs fan. Period.

Duncan was soft tonight and I am spurs fan. Didn't you see him taking jumpshots almost from the 3 point line?

Dre_7
06-14-2005, 11:55 PM
What I saw tonight gives me confidence, as weird as that sounds. SA played like CRAP yet had a chance in the 4th. If they play a lil better, they are in it in the end. I like the Spurs chances in game 4, IF they show up and play like they did in games 1 & 2.

weebo
06-14-2005, 11:56 PM
Seriously, some of you need to stop watching sports. The pistons came out the aggressor and won because of it. Yes there were mental lapses on the spurs part and yes the pistons were playing borderline dirty, but so what? The pistons played like the game meant more to them than the spurs. Get over it and focus on game 4.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-14-2005, 11:58 PM
Absofrigginlutely weebo and Dre. Agree with you both.

goliath
What I saw tonight gives me confidence, as weird as that sounds

I agree. We played like crap all game, even when it was close. Yet we were only down 5 going into the 4th.

Tim 14 points
Manu 7 points
TOs,TOs,TOs

All these wont happen again in the same game.

MadDog73
Duncan was soft tonight and I am spurs fan. Didn't you see him taking jumpshots almost from the 3 point line?

There's a difference between saying "Duncan played soft tonight" or "Duncan's game was a joke tonight" than saying Duncan is soft, Duncan is a joke.

One infers a temporary state, the other a permanent one.

Understand?

Sii
06-14-2005, 11:59 PM
damn this board is worthless after a loss

Duncan a joke? Duncan is soft?

What a bunch of fucking idiots around here tonight

MannyIsGod
06-14-2005, 11:59 PM
And the same people that bitch are out yet again. Suprise, suprise.

cqsallie
06-15-2005, 12:00 AM
You're damned right, Pistons fan!!! This is pathetic! I'm as disappointed as any Spurs' fan, here, but I'm not going to call Duncan and Ginobilli "dickwads", "cowards", "pussies!" On Sunday night they were supermen.
Maybe a few of you so-called Spurs' fans need a few more years under your belts. This type of sophomoric outburst is un-called for and positively disgusting.
You might take a page from the Pistons' fans' book: After losing the first two games by healthy margins (15 and 21), they kept right on posting about their faith in their team and didn't fail to cheer them on tonight - even when Detroit didn't look all that great in the beginning quarters.
Stop this whining and complaining.
It takes a team to raise a trophy! :smokin

samikeyp
06-15-2005, 12:01 AM
The Chicken Little process begins. :rolleyes

dn0
06-15-2005, 12:01 AM
There's a difference between saying "Duncan played soft tonight" or "Duncan's game was a joke tonight" than saying Duncan is soft, Duncan is a joke.

One infers a temporary state, the other a permanent one.

Understand?
It's a permanent state when they play him physical.

ca®lo
06-15-2005, 12:03 AM
its always a wonder seeing everyone jump ship ALL THE FUCKING TIME the spurs lose a game.

spurs had a bad game. so what? so does detroit on the first 2 games. and THEYRE the defending champs.

come on were still up 2-1.

we will at least get 1 GAME on detroits floor.

and that will set the tone for us.

Dre_7
06-15-2005, 12:03 AM
It's a permanent state when they play him physical.

Riiiiiiiight, just ask Seattle. :lol

People need to CALM DOWN!!!!!!!!!!! Man oh man!!

GoSpurs21
06-15-2005, 12:04 AM
thats the way this board is...a bunch of chicken littles who cry every time the Spurs lose

detroit is a good team and unless all the Spurs give 110% for every possession there is a chance the Spurs will lose. what happened to our two all stars they seemed to dissappear tonight. hopefully they will come back possessed on Thursday.

was it just me or did the detroit crowd sounded worried during most of the game?

boutons
06-15-2005, 12:06 AM
"we will at least get 1 GAME on detroits floor."

It better be game4, since if we lose Game4 to even the series 2-2, the Pistons will be hell-bent to get Game5, to sweep @DET and go up 3-2.

Dre_7
06-15-2005, 12:07 AM
I dont think anyone has ever swept a playoffs. If so, it is the exception, not the rule. Some people on this board overreacted to one or two games. Its about winning 4 out of 7. Thats all that matters!!

ca®lo
06-15-2005, 12:08 AM

i cant FUCKING believe that were taking on encouragement words from a PISTONS fan. The SPURS fan should be the one picking themselves up. not throwing themselves in the hole.

this is like just what mouse posted in the suns series.

love your team!

MadDog73
06-15-2005, 12:10 AM
It's nights like this I don't envy Kori.

No wonder she just goes to bed and cleans all this crap up in the morning.

Speaking of, good night to all the true fans out there that still believe.

To the rest of you pussies, I hope you guys don't expect to come back after we win the finals and pretend like you never doubted this team for a minute.

:flipoff

goliath
06-15-2005, 12:11 AM
It's nights like this I don't envy Kori.

No wonder she just goes to bed and cleans all this crap up in the morning.

Speaking of, good night to all the true fans out there that still believe.

To the rest of you pussies, I hope you guys don't expect to come back after we win the finals and pretend like you never doubted this team for a minute.

:flipoff

Amen

duncan is boring
06-15-2005, 12:11 AM
go spurmies

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-15-2005, 12:13 AM
Seriously, some of you need to stop watching sports. The pistons came out the aggressor and won because of it.

And if you had a brain, you'd comprehend that some of us are pissed for the Spurs not coming out with the same aggression, knowing full well it was coming from Detroit.

The pistons played like the game meant more to them than the spurs.

That was my original point, this team doesn't have the balls to go for another team's throat when they've got them down.

Just "ho hum, we're up 2-0, no big deal." Fuck that, you go for the throat.

Dre_7
06-15-2005, 12:14 AM
go spurmies

Why do people that hate the Spurs come in here, get a anti-spurs name, talk a bunch of junk about why "the Spurs suck" (or wateva) yet forget to change their favorite team to someone other then the Spurs? :lmao :lmao

Its hillarious!

baseline bum
06-15-2005, 12:20 AM
This is bullshit. Ben Wallace played an amazing game and let it be known that Detroit was not the team the first two games showed them to be.

IcemanCometh
06-15-2005, 12:23 AM
If you didn't expect the Spurs to lose tonight you're a fucking moron. We had just destroyed them twice in a row, there backs were against the wall on the verge of elimination, Detroit was going home with a rabid crowd following, of course they were going to play inspired basketball. Detroit believe it or not is a very good team, remember that championship they won. Spurs in 6

Go fuck yourselves

Faccia di Angelo
06-15-2005, 12:43 AM
Uh, no and no.

You're in the wrong here and need to be told so.

If you think Duncan is a joke, root for another team and stop wasting your time on "losers" like the Spurs. :rolleyes
http://www.americasalsa.com/images/grammy_latino/george_lopez.jpg

Tell em eh, tell em!

Faccia di Angelo
06-15-2005, 12:45 AM
Seriously, How the hell can you call him a damn joke?! He only outscored both wallaces in game 1 and came close again in game two. So he had a bad night, we're pissed but that doesn't make one of the best players in the game a joke! Thats re-freaking-diculous, Boy if I wasn't a christian...
Geez, I swear you make my blood boil sometimes. Be happy you have a player like him on your team. If they are in fact still your team.

whottt
06-15-2005, 12:51 AM

No one hates on their own like Spurs fans...this is loving compassion compare to what guys who actually do suck get...

I don't agree with all the gutless and heartless shit that Spurs fans like to throw around though...no one on this team is a pussy...this year.

But there is room to call them out for stupid play.

Spurs fans don't like to analyze what actually happened though...why should they when they can just toss the "no balls" comment out there?

SPARKY
06-15-2005, 12:54 AM
This team has sack what it lacked was a brain for the last minute of the 3rd. Pistons wisely jumped Beno with the trap. Predictably Barry folded like a wet napkin at the first sign of a defender approaching him. That sequence led to a significant change in the momentum of the game heading into the 4th. Until then the Spurs had pretty much took every shot from Detroit and bounced right back. In that minute the Spurs managed to piss away their effort during the 3rd.

Detroit got some home cookin' tonight as the Spurs got a little in the first 2. There was definitely a lot of contact in the paint tonight on both ends.

Now is the time to note that Bennett Salvatore was on the floor. For those whom it matters, this will only confirm your suspicions.

TP played a strong game. Can't wait to see AHF eventually get around to pinning the loss on him...

whottt
06-15-2005, 01:01 AM
You mean like you just pinned it on Barry for passing out of trap? Dumbass.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-15-2005, 01:02 AM
Can't wait to see AHF eventually get around to pinning the loss on him...

I was frustrated with him at times, but he and Barry had the best games tonight out of the Spurs.

Of course it's all Brent Barry's fault, there were four other players and a coach who could have called timeout besides him, but it's all on him.

The Spurs panicked. Singling out one guy is lame.

SPARKY
06-15-2005, 01:03 AM
Actually I blamed the loss on the poor execution against the trap at the end of the 3rd.

For those of us who don't have Brent Barry's cock on our lips it was clear that was the key turning point in the game and good old Billion Barry had a hand in it...

SPARKY
06-15-2005, 01:04 AM
Yeah, picking on a single Spur is lame unless you did it in the other thread...

whottt
06-15-2005, 01:05 AM
It is good to get the Bennet Salvatore game out of the way though...

I didn't think officiating was bad and there were very few fouls called compared to a typical Bennet game...

I'd feel better if Bavetta had been a part of this crew too though...that way we could have burnt both of the suckhole refs in one loss.

Bavetta is still out there now though...lurking...waiting.

T Park
06-15-2005, 01:05 AM
Predictably Barry folded like a wet napkin at the first sign of a defender approaching him. That sequence led to a significant change in the momentum of the game heading into the 4th

Why this should suprise anyone is beyond me.

That Basketball IQ??? Waitin for it still...

whottt
06-15-2005, 01:06 AM
Actually I blamed the loss on the poor execution against the trap at the end of the 3rd.

For those of us who don't have Brent Barry's cock on our lips it was clear that was the key turning point in the game and good old Billion Barry had a hand in it...

Barry didn't do shit but pass out of the pressure which is fucking basketball 101...Horry pulled a Hedo and couldn't move two fucking inches to his left to get the fucking ball with no one in front of him...

You are supposed to pass out of a fucking trap...assclown.

I liked you better when you were Garfunkel to GhostWriters Simon...

It's sad watching you flounder around for an identity without him...ovbviously your limited knowledge of hoops isn't going to carry you to anything of note.

T Park
06-15-2005, 01:07 AM
It is good to get the Bennet Salvatore game out of the way though...

I didn't think officiating was bad and there were very few fouls called compared to a typical Bennet game...

I'd feel better if Bavetta had been a part of this crew too though...that way we could have burnt both of the suckhole refs in one loss.

Bavetta is still out there now though...lurking...waiting.

Game 5.

Elminiation game.

Notice we got Joey "Duncan the prick, but Rasheed is OK" Crawford out of the way.

SPARKY
06-15-2005, 01:09 AM
Ha. Barry coughed up the rock during that last minute and predictably you cannot bring yourself to acknowledge that. Fuck man McDyess moved towards him and the next split second later McDyess was throwing the rock ahead to a teammate. Barry has those kind of moments a little too much...

slayermin
06-15-2005, 01:11 AM
Horry looked tired. Maybe you go with Rasho for minutes because he seemed to have more energy.

whottt
06-15-2005, 01:11 AM
Joey is usually a good ref...I am kinda bummed he was wasted in a Salvatore game.

And we already used up Danny in a home game...damn.

cqsallie
06-15-2005, 01:12 AM
Which ref is the old dude that looks to be about 82? Is there a mandatory retirement age for refs (like for Catholic cardinals and law enforcement officers)?

whottt
06-15-2005, 01:13 AM
Goddamn you Barry haters are fucking stupid...you want him to wait for two guys to get on him at half court...you are fucking stupid.

whottt
06-15-2005, 01:13 AM
Which ref is the old dude that looks to be about 82? Is there a mandatory retirement age for refs (like for Catholic cardinals and law enforcement officers)?

Bavetta. Hopefully we'll get a road win before we get him.

SPARKY
06-15-2005, 01:16 AM
Actually I'd like for Barry not to cough up the rock when a defender approaches him.

The only player hater I see in this thread is you.

whottt
06-15-2005, 01:17 AM
He passed it and it got stolen off of Horry from behind...You aren't supposed to wait for the fucking trap to trap you...especially when you are at mid court...you fucking tool.

SPARKY
06-15-2005, 01:19 AM
Actually, he got it at the top of the key during the last minute and promptly passed it to McDyess.

I think that led to the second Piston break in the last minute.

whottt
06-15-2005, 01:50 AM
Actually, he got it at the top of the key during the last minute and promptly passed it to McDyess.

I think that led to the second Piston break in the last minute.

And I think you are on fucking crack.

Not only was he not at the top of the key(unless you mean the Pistons key)...he was on the other side of the fucking half court line and he had two defenders on him...now why you dumb motherfuckers think he should have kept the ball there and tried to dribble up the court with two guys on him is beyond me...

He passed it to Horry...it was too Horry's left, Horry reached and touched it with his left hand and it got stolen from behind.

Figure it out you fucking douchebags...he's got two defenders on him on the Pistons side of the court and the rest of both teams are on the other side of the court...

Not only are you supposed to pass if you have two defenders on you on the Pistons side of the court...but the Spurs also had a 4 on 3 fucking advantage with the clutchest 3 shooters in NBA history standing unguarded at the 3 point line. It wasn't the best pass...but he damn sure shouldn't have held to the ball and dribbled up the court with two defenders on him like you and Ishtar fucking think he was supposed to do.

Pure and simple hate...

angel_luv
06-15-2005, 06:44 AM
Shame on you guys! How quickly you forget!

The team you are dissing is the same one who has gotten us this far. Without the Spurs year long effort, you losers would have nothing to @#%# about now. So, stop the hate and show a little faith.

Spurs in five!

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-15-2005, 08:01 AM
I'm sure we'll see Knick Bavetta in game 4.

SWC Bonfire
06-15-2005, 08:03 AM
AHF, you're the shittiest Spurs fan I've ever seen.

1Parker1
06-15-2005, 08:09 AM
2 days ago there were about 4 or 5 threads around here arguing who is going to be Finals MVP for the Spurs & how the Spurs have a chance to sweep the Pistons, etc. After one crappy game, you guys start this?

Bottom line, as great as the Pistons played, we were still in the game for 3 quarters. Considering that the very first play of the game was a TO and a fastbreak opportunity for the Pistons with an AND 1, you would have expected a complete blowout for 4 quarters. All we need is 2 of our BIG 3 to show up and we could have won--despite the crappy defense and TO's, isn't that saying a lot? Spurs aren't going to win many games when Only Duncan or Only Manu or Only Parker show up. That's all there is to it.

So next game, if Duncan comes back strong like I expect him to and as he does after every bad game he's had, and if Manu is healthier, and Parker continues to do his best Manu imitation like he did last night--going to the floor hard after every drive, Spurs can still win this.

spur219
06-15-2005, 08:10 AM
The Pistons came out physical and with a lot of energy and the Spurs couldn't match it. That is one of the most sloppiest games I have ever seen the Spurs play. Some of it goes to the pressure the Pistons applied but a lot of it was stupid mistakes by the Spurs.

WayDowntownBang
06-15-2005, 08:12 AM
I can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading this thread from a Piston fan perspective.

There are true fans that know the game of basketball, and then there are bandwagon fans who jump on and off with every bump in the road.

I'm happy to see that the Pistons aren't the only team with those fans.

boutons
06-15-2005, 08:25 AM
"I can't tell you how much I enjoy..."

... this forum having an IGNORE function.

If only we could left-click on the poster's name in the left column and have a new menu item of "Add this poster to your IGNORE list", it would make trashing these mofo trolls so much quicker.

easjer
06-15-2005, 08:42 AM
Wow. What I don't understand is how they get little to no credit when they play well, because it's expected of them, but they are traitors to the fans when they have a bad game.

THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING! WATCH OUT!

Geez, folks. How many of you predicted the Spurs would win in 5 or 6? You did realize that meant losing a game, right? And if we were going to lose, this would be the game.

Timmy is soft? Because of a bad game? Oh, because of the jumpers. Yes, well, he was getting beat up inside and there were no calls coming. So the logical thing to do is not to keep beating your head against the break wall in hopes of it crumbling, but to move outside and draw your defender with you. If he was making his jump shots it would have helped clear the paint for him to head inside. He didn't make them this time. Overall, the urgency wasn't there for this team, and the Pistons were more aggressive.

As for Bowen, Barry, and Parker, overall they did well, but the defense needs to be tightened up. And even if Barry was hitting threes, he creates a defensive mismatch every time - he's not fast enough for Rip, he's too small for Tayshaun, and he's outmuscled by Chauncey. The less time he's got to be out there for them to take advantage, the better.

The loss sucks. Of course I'd rather the win, but under the circumstances, we've every reason to be positive. History shows that Duncan bounces back from a poor game. Manu will get some rest and that will help. Everyone will work on protecting the ball and passing it around. Even with their poor play throughout, the Spurs hung in . . . that should scare the Pistons a little. They didn't have to find answers for anything - the Spurs just sucked. When they Spurs stop sucking (and they will), what will the Pistons do? They still don't have answers.

WayDowntownBang
06-15-2005, 08:55 AM
Finally a good post in here.

You're absolutely right. As the Piston fan, I'm not TOO excited about a game 3 win. San Antonio held serve, and so did we. San Antonio BLEW US OUT in Games 1 and 2, and we did everything we could do to survive Game 3.

The problem I have with fans (of both Detroit and San Antonio) is, there's going to be that group that goes with the wind. Your team win? WE RULE! YOU SUCK! HAHAHAH!!!....

.. your team loses? As you say, the sky is falling.

A fan of the sport knows that these two teams are well matched. For anyone to believe that either team was going to sweep is just foolish. There were Piston fans calling for 4-5 games, and there are Spurs fans calling for 4-5 games. I'm telling you now, as I told you then, that's not going to happen. These two teams are going to be trading blows up to 6-7 games. Don't assume your Spurs are the Champions, and I won't assume that my Pistons are the Champions. That's why they play the games.

Oh, and boutons.. you only wish that I was the worst troll on this board. I run a very popular NBA messageboard myself, and I'd much rather have someone be able to see both sides than to be completely blind to the fact that there are two teams playing hard. I'm not on this board to shout "GO PISTONS!", so don't get your panties in a bunch. If you don't like me, ignore me. But, don't ignore the Pistons. :fro

cherylsteele
06-15-2005, 09:02 AM

Here you go Aggie....just for you and a few others.
http://www.cliffjumping.com/cliffjumping/leapin%20over%20rocks.jpg

ctpsb
06-15-2005, 09:06 AM
I can see both sides. It is maddening to see the Spurs play so awful (double digit losses) after playing so well, but in order to sweep one team has to play great four straight games while the other team plays badly four straight games (Detroit wasn't going to shoot bad four straight games, etc.). So the NBA formula is playing out to form so far (home court advantage team loses Game 3 after winning first two) and I look for Spurs to bounce back and pull at least one either tomorrow or Sunday. Also look for Duncan to have big game tomorrow night.

SWC Bonfire
06-15-2005, 09:08 AM

:lmao CLASSIC!

Hook Dem
06-15-2005, 09:10 AM

You're absolutely right. As the Piston fan, I'm not TOO excited about a game 3 win. San Antonio held serve, and so did we. San Antonio BLEW US OUT in Games 1 and 2, and we did everything we could do to survive Game 3.

The problem I have with fans (of both Detroit and San Antonio) is, there's going to be that group that goes with the wind. Your team win? WE RULE! YOU SUCK! HAHAHAH!!!....

A fan of the sport knows that these two teams are well matched. For anyone to believe that either team was going to sweep is just foolish. There were Piston fans calling for 4-5 games, and there are Spurs fans calling for 4-5 games. I'm telling you now, as I told you then, that's not going to happen. These two teams are going to be trading blows up to 6-7 games. Don't assume your Spurs are the Champions, and I won't assume that my Pistons are the Champions. That's why they play the games.

Oh, and boutons.. you only wish that I was the worst troll on this board. I run a very popular NBA messageboard myself, and I'd much rather have someone be able to see both sides than to be completely blind to the fact that there are two teams playing hard. I'm not on this board to shout "GO PISTONS!", so don't get your panties in a bunch. If you don't like me, ignore me. But, don't ignore the Pistons. :fro
Good post! At least someone understands the game of basketball and what true fans mean. I think youth and the need to thump ones chest has shown it's ugly colors. "My school is better than yours,etc." Fair weather fans are a dime a dozen and sports are better off without them. Props to the Pistons for doing what they had to. Next game should be an exciting one. I do not see the players on either side talking shit and the fans should get a clue!

Hook Dem
06-15-2005, 09:42 AM
bump

nkdlunch
06-15-2005, 09:43 AM
It's you who has no balls.

clubalien
06-15-2005, 11:43 AM
you homers need to release tim duncan had a bad game

why you refuse to admit it and keep attacking us spurs fans that say he had a bad game and want us to leave

we aren't going to leave because we love the spurs and they had a bad game

but as a fan it is our DUTY to jump on are team, and FIRE POP , so that we don't have another bad game

it is our DUTY to DEMAND STEVE KERR, and rasho to come to our RESCUE!

you need to leave your fairy land spurs win series but most of them including tim played horrible

SWC Bonfire
06-15-2005, 11:51 AM
you homers need to release tim duncan had a bad game

why you refuse to admit it and keep attacking us spurs fans that say he had a bad game and want us to leave

we aren't going to leave because we love the spurs and they had a bad game

but as a fan it is our DUTY to jump on are team, and FIRE POP , so that we don't have another bad game

it is our DUTY to DEMAND STEVE KERR, and rasho to come to our RESCUE!

you need to leave your fairy land spurs win series but most of them including tim played horrible

I don't know if that was sarcastic or not. Anybody? :huh

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-15-2005, 12:31 PM
What's classic is the Spurs inability to deliver the death blow. It's been a symptom of this franchise for many years.

I still think we'll win the series, it just pisses me off to see an entire organization no-show for a Finals game.

wildbill2u
06-15-2005, 12:38 PM

If TD kept dribbling into the paint and losing the ball to all the Pistons clustered down there, you'd be complaining about that.

TD has seemingly lost a little bit of his shooting eye over the years, especially from outside when he tries to 'glass' it. Shots that used to be automatic aren't falling with the same regularity.

As Horry said, they continued to do all the things Pop told them not to do--and failed to do the things he said to do.

MadDog73
06-15-2005, 12:52 PM
What's classic is the Spurs inability to deliver the death blow. It's been a symptom of this franchise for many years.

I still think we'll win the series, it just pisses me off to see an entire organization no-show for a Finals game.

Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean by "death blow".

I read in the paper that out of 16 times when the Spurs lead 2-0 in the Playoffs, they've won the series 15 times.

wildbill2u
06-15-2005, 12:53 PM

Best fucking post I've ever seen here. :elephant :elephant :elephant

SPARKY
06-15-2005, 12:54 PM
What's "classic" is AHF showing up after a loss and spamming the forum with some hyperbolic and incoherent ramblings. Imagine that.

Kori Ellis
06-15-2005, 12:56 PM
Aggie Hoopsfan also said the Spurs weren't going to make any adjustments after Game 4 of the Sonics series and would lose the series. So it's best to probably just scroll by his posts after losses.

Jimcs50
06-15-2005, 12:57 PM
The sky is NOT falling...come back out in the sunshine, AHF.

This was all in the plan..nobody called sweep, except maybe Sequ, and we all know how HORRIBLE he is at predicting.:)

Spurs will win 1 game in Detroit, then come home and close it out in game 6.

I called it, I stand by my call.

Jimcs50
06-15-2005, 12:58 PM
Aggie Hoopsfan also said the Spurs weren't going to make any adjustments after Game 4 of the Sonics series and would lose the series. So it's best to probably just scroll by his posts after losses.

He is not the only Chicken Little we have in here.

:)

MannyIsGod
06-15-2005, 12:58 PM
In the magical world of AHF, the Spurs never play opponents. Just themselves.

MannyIsGod
06-15-2005, 12:59 PM
I still think they close it out in 5.

Vashner
06-15-2005, 01:18 PM
Panic after 1 loss = bandwagon...

Spurs normally choke at one point or another = experianced long term Spur fan

MiNuS
06-15-2005, 01:25 PM
Spurs GOT balls: Ginobili on the left and Parker on the right and Timmy is the center!

The END is NEAR!

Sasha
06-15-2005, 01:47 PM

(First of all, this isn't my first post in here - I used to come in as DayTripper, but somehow everything got lost and I had to re-register.) So, now that I've gotten that out of the way... :pctoss

I wanted to tell you, WayDowntown, that I've read through this entire thread and your posts are just about the only sane words I've seen - thank you!

How strange is it for a Piston fan to be the one to remind us all that our Spurs are only human? They get tired just like everyone else, they have off nights like we all do - and Detroit obviously wanted the win more.

They got it. Let them enjoy it. Fingers crossed, it's the last one they'll see.

Besides, someone on WOAI last night said that whenever a team plays as perfect a game as the Spurs played on Sunday evening, it's really hard to duplicate that kind of intensity the next game. So, now that we've got that out of the way...

Thursday ought to be terrific!

I said it before and I'm sticking to it: Spurs in 6

tim_duncan_fan
06-15-2005, 02:06 PM
Anybody else notice that we only win win the other team doesn't show up? As soon as we play a team that is really giving their all to beat us we lose.EX:Phoenix game four,Seattle games 3&4,and last nights game. I cant help feeling that this loss is going to come back to bite us in the behind.

Rule #1-Don't take games off in the playoffs,especially when playing a desperate team.

SWC Bonfire
06-15-2005, 02:08 PM
Anybody else notice that we only win win the other team doesn't show up? As soon as we play a team that is really giving their all to beat us we lose.

A whole lotta teams haven't shown up this postseason! :lol

WayDowntownBang
06-15-2005, 02:11 PM
I wanted to tell you, WayDowntown, that I've read through this entire thread and your posts are just about the only sane words I've seen - thank you!

More kind words that are appreciated. As I've said, I just want to talk hoops with hoops fans.

As you can imagine, it's been particularly hostile today, a bit more than the past few days prior to last night's win (or loss, depending on your point of view). There are going to be those Spurs fans that think that this was supposed to be a sweep, or 5 games, and they're going to be disappointed, just like the Piston fans who thought the same thing.

It's like they say, "Spurs in 4!". Then, the Pistons win one. Then it's "Spurs in 5!". Pistons win another one. "Spurs in 6!" Then we win another one. "Spurs in 7!". Even if the Spurs win Game 7, they say "I knew it all along!".

It's very obvious who the fans are and the nutbags. It's also obvious who are the good people, and the... well, not so good. It doesn't take guts to be a prick online, but it does take class to talk as humans.

/turns off the "Give Peace a Chance" CD.

tim_duncan_fan
06-15-2005, 02:13 PM
Bonfire-I know we won alot to get here but you have to learn to beat a desperate team. IMO the spurs have come to far to just let games go because the opposing team is playing with heart and the spurs are not.

GrandeDavid
06-15-2005, 02:13 PM
The late game turnovers are what disappointed me most. Pistons fans, I give much credit to the Pistons' awesome defensive effort, their steely will to win and their toughness. Hey, its a tough series for both sides and its far from over.

smeagol
06-15-2005, 02:19 PM
AHF

I'm unpleasently surprised with your posts. I usually enjoy them but this thread wants to make me puke. You are not going to win all games. Even if they are as crucial and as important as lasts night's.

Manu was clearly not himself (the bump with Prince might have had something to do with it).

TD had an off night after two monster games @ SBC.

The good news: TP played a very good game, Barry, aside from what the idiot who posts under the Sparky/MB/VK nicks, had a good game. It was anybody's game up until the last two minutes of the 3rd Q.

Spurs rebound well after a loss and they are going to come out red hot tomorrow (just as they did in game five against the Suns).

As for Tpark, what can I say. Calling TD a f*cking joke is as ungreatfull as it gets. The Spurs are who they are because of Timmy. One off game and you start spewing nonsense. What a looser. You have written idiotic posts, but this one will earn you the number one prize.

Jimcs50
06-15-2005, 02:42 PM
AHF

As for Tpark, what can I say. Calling TD a f*cking joke is as ungreatfull as it gets. The Spurs are who they are because of Timmy. One off game and you start spewing nonsense. What a looser. You have written idiotic posts, but this one will earn you the number one prize.

:smokin

BTW, it is loser...not looser...TPark might be loose too though.

Sasha
06-15-2005, 02:52 PM
[QUOTE=WayDowntownBang]More kind words that are appreciated. As I've said, I just want to talk hoops with hoops fans.

As you can imagine, it's been particularly hostile today, a bit more than the past few days prior to last night's win (or loss, depending on your point of view). There are going to be those Spurs fans that think that this was supposed to be a sweep, or 5 games, and they're going to be disappointed, just like the Piston fans who thought the same thing.

QUOTE]

Yeah, well - we Spurs fans can get a little emotional. (They don't call San Antone 'the city of passion' for nothing!)

And the Spurs themselves are such integral parts of the community that most of us are as proud of them as we are of our own family members. So we all get a little upset when they're obviously not playing their best.

Some Spurs fans are just venting right now. They'll get over it and move on.

In the meantime, keep posting your sanity! I, for one, enjoy reading it.

SWC Bonfire
06-15-2005, 03:07 PM
Hey, Shawn Michaels didn't kill himself after all! :lol

Way to represent after the loss, HBK.

WayDowntownBang
06-15-2005, 03:10 PM
Yeah, well - we Spurs fans can get a little emotional. (They don't call San Antone 'the city of passion' for nothing!)

And the Spurs themselves are such integral parts of the community that most of us are as proud of them as we are of our own family members. So we all get a little upset when they're obviously not playing their best.

Some Spurs fans are just venting right now. They'll get over it and move on.

In the meantime, keep posting your sanity! I, for one, enjoy reading it.

Totally understood. You can imagine the beer cans that were thrown around at my place during the first two games. It's part of being a fan, I get that. I've been posting here since Game 1, and plan on being here through the series, if not longer. It's a good study in human interaction, these message boards.

Hang in there, it's turning into a good series. I should pull the arrows out of my back by the end of it. :king

nickbroken
06-15-2005, 03:23 PM
wow so many bandwaggon fans exposed in this thread

:rolleyes Please, those fairweather bandwagon fans were exposed long ago, after ever Spurs loss they cry like bitches, but are quick to praise as soon as they win, and when we win this title they will act like they never doubted~ :lol

SLOVENIAN 8
06-15-2005, 03:29 PM
if pistons play hard and ugly Spurs should hit back or i will nuts... Damit!!! :pctoss

Sasha
06-15-2005, 03:35 PM
Hang in there, it's turning into a good series. I should pull the arrows out of my back by the end of it. :king

Yep! I just hope I survive...

:shootme

nickbroken
06-15-2005, 03:45 PM
Hell I didn't want a sweep anyways, that would of been too boring, I'd be fine if it went to 6, with us winning ofcourse;)

rr2418
06-15-2005, 03:50 PM
Duncan and Manu were the biggest Pussies on the planet tonight. Fuck you two. I hope you don't sleep a lick tonight. Wake up dickwads, this is the Finals.

I hope when the Spurs win the NBA Championship, you won't be there cheering them on. They don't need you! Hell!! We, the REAL FANS don't want your kind. You have to give the Pistons credit, they came out fighting to stay in this thing. LB adjusted to what the Spurs were doing. Now, Pop has to do the same thing. You Jumpers (I call you guys this name, b/c you keep jumping on /off the Spurs bandwagon) have to stop believing this DYNASTY shit. Tim and Manu just had a tough time getting their game going, but I BELIEVE they will turn things around Thursday.

EVERYBODY HAS TO START BELIEVING IN THE SPURS. NOT JUST WHEN THEY'RE WINNING, BUT ALSO WHEN THEY LOSE! A TRUE FAN SHOWS SUPPORT..........NO MATTER WHAT!!

Extra Stout
06-15-2005, 04:48 PM
Aggie Hoopsfan is a fucking idiot. All you bandwagoners are fucking idiots. You suck and don't deserve to root for a team that is playing for its third championship in seven years. When a team doesn't show up, they're down 30-19 at the end of 1, not up six. They don't have a halftime lead. They don't have a two-point lead with a minute left in the third. The Pistons were just great at the end, and the Spurs fell apart. But the Spurs' falling apart had a hell of a lot to do with Detroit's defense and energy.

Duncan had a bad game. Manu had a bad game. It's not because they are pussies. It's because against great defensive teams like Detroit who are down 2-0 with their backs against the wall on their home court, it takes a hell of a roll to be successful. Almost nothing was going to stand in the way of a Pistons' victory the way they played in the fourth quarter. The crazy-ass shots that fell for Manu in Game 1 fell for Hamilton and Billups last night. It evens out.

Eventually the bottom fell out. Duncan and Manu tried to step it up in the fourth, but the Pistons absolutely had their number on that night and stopped everything they tried. There's a reason those guys are the defending champions. Their defense when it's on makes the opponent look like total shit just like the Spurs' does.

You only can sweep opponents when they are grossly inferior. The Pistons are not grossly inferior to the Spurs. They have rings. They play great defense. They move the ball. They go on rolls where nobody can stop them. They were playing at home with a ton of emotion in a situation where they absolutely had to win and finally, at last, they showed up and made this a series.

This shit doesn't come easy. These guys aren't the Nuggets, Sonics, or Suns, and no matter how much the fans of Western Conference also-rans like to denigrate them, the Pistons kick ass. The Spurs played out of this world to get two wins and they'll have to do it two more times to claim the trophy. But on any given night the Pistons can kill the Spurs without the Spurs' being able to do anything about it. That's life. If you can't handle it, flip over and watch Rachael Ray or something. If the Spurs shit their pants as easily as you "fans" do, they'd have gone 10-72 or some crap.

T Park
06-15-2005, 04:53 PM
I said Duncan, TONIGHT you were a joke.

AND last night he was.

Im sorry if his play last night was satisfactory to you guys but whatever.

Insulting me doesnt bring the Spurs any closer to a goddamn win.

Jimcs50
06-15-2005, 05:11 PM

AND last night he was.

Insulting me doesnt bring the Spurs any closer to a goddamn win.

You have to look at the big picture.

How would we like it if after a hard day, where we just did not do quite as well as usual, a bunch of people all called us out and started saying that we were worthless, that we were a joke that day, that we should be unable to sleep, etc etc??

There are days that we just are not up to out usual standards...that happens to everyone, including sports stars.

Cut them a break....please.

Kori Ellis
06-15-2005, 05:14 PM

AND last night he was.

Actually you said "Duncan, your a fuckin joke".

Jimcs50
06-15-2005, 05:16 PM
Actually you said "Duncan your a joke".

you mean "you're"?

Kori Ellis
06-15-2005, 05:17 PM
No, I was quoting him. He said "your".

Jimcs50
06-15-2005, 05:18 PM

I know, that is why I corrected it.

I always correct him, like Travis does to me, you know.

Sek-cMan
06-15-2005, 05:18 PM
Quoting? Just kidding, don't beat me.

Kori Ellis
06-15-2005, 05:25 PM
Quoting? Just kidding, don't beat me.

What's wrong with quoting?

Sek-cMan
06-15-2005, 05:26 PM
nothing, I was being silly.

catydid
06-15-2005, 05:35 PM
Boy, those Pistons's fans really like to talk some smack. Too bad they do not realize that Tim does have an off-night now and again and last night was one of those. He will be much tougher Thursday night. The Spurs' pattern in losing is to lose one or two and then come back with a vengence. Remember, they lost three games in a row only once this season and they will NOT do it now. Let the PiSStons fans run their mouths and spew their garbage. Most are totally ignorant of the Spurs and they show it completely in their comments. There are some who are knowledgeable and speak accordingly. Of course, the Spurs played poorly and the Pistons played above their normal level because they were pumped by their fans and they were fighting for their lives. Now it is time for the Spurs to show just how really good they are. Spurs in 6!

catydid
06-15-2005, 05:47 PM
Who says any Spurs fan is giving up? That's pure garbage! Of course, we are unhappy about the loss but we are not giving up. And some of the Spurs' fans are bandwagoners totally forgetting that this team does have a down game now and again and then comes back with a vengence. How many times have the Spurs lost three games in a row this season? ONCE! And there will not be a second time. And what's with the language? That is so very UNcool! At least the Pistons' fans don't use that garbage language on their forum. I am disappointed in the Spurs' fan who stoop so low as to use foul language--because they cannot find the proper words. Think a bit people. And don't give up on our team. They are still the best and they will take the series. This was just a small little stumble. You sound like bandwagoners and not real Spurs' fans.