PDA

View Full Version : Republican Congressman from...

Yonivore
10-08-2011, 07:55 PM
...California defines the upcoming political season.

A Second Term for Obama Would Make the United States Go as California Has Gone (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2011/10/08/a_second_term_for_obama_would_make_the_united_stat es_go_as_california_has_gone_111620.html)

Three pages but, well worth the read.

I want to welcome this groundbreaking scientific expedition to the savage lands of the Left Coast. You are here in California to answer an important theoretical question and now you have your answer.

Yes, this is what Barack Obama’s second term would look like.

Study it. Fear it. And then go home and make sure that it never happens to the rest of the country.

Of course, in spite of all of its problems, California is still one of the best places in the country to build a successful small business. All you have to do is start with a successful large business.
And, it just gets better.

But, the theme is succinct. If you want America to become California, re-elect Barack Obama.

boutons_deux
10-08-2011, 08:19 PM
We smart ones knew it all along.

This Repug asshole is blaming the Repug/financial diaster from the 2000s on Barry.

But the Repugs have no suggestions, nothing to say, in fact NO INTEREST AT ALL, about how to get the unemployed back to work.

If Repugs win Senate and WH, America will be screwed for more than a decade. The crisis we have now is from the Repugs' 2000s decade. Which, by the way, there was almost no job creation and smallest economic growth since WWII.

ElNono
10-08-2011, 09:10 PM
I'm wondering what Rep. Tom McClintock is doing for his California constituents, other than badmouthing California...

Wild Cobra
10-09-2011, 04:48 AM
I'm wondering what Rep. Tom McClintock is doing for his California constituents, other than badmouthing California...
It least he isn't apologizing to other nations for the US.

George Gervin's Afro
10-09-2011, 07:49 AM

he's only bad mouthing his state..much better

boutons_deux
10-09-2011, 08:14 AM

The US owes the world a lot of apologies, not the least for US financial criminals plunging the industrialized countries' economies into depression.

George Gervin's Afro
10-09-2011, 09:14 AM
The US owes the world a lot of apologies, not the least for US financial criminals plunging the industrialized countries' economies into depression.

I'd have to disagree..the USA has never made a mistake and have been 100% right every time..

scott
10-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Looks very scientific.

Wild Cobra
10-09-2011, 11:28 AM
We already know you are another Obamapologist.

ElNono
10-09-2011, 02:40 PM
We already know you are another Obamapologist.

And you are?

Yonivore
10-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Meanwhile, another California pol speaks up in Vanity Fair:

California and Bust (http://www.vanityfair.com/business/features/2011/11/michael-lewis-201111)

The smart money says the U.S. economy will splinter, with some states thriving, some states not, and all eyes are on California as the nightmare scenario. After a hair-raising visit with former governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, who explains why the Golden State has cratered, Michael Lewis goes where the buck literally stops—the local level, where the likes of San Jose mayor Chuck Reed and Vallejo fire chief Paige Meyer are trying to avert even worse catastrophes and rethink what it means to be a society.

ElNono
10-10-2011, 07:49 PM
I'm glad representatives like Issa are hard at work trying to solve the problems Californians are facing instead of going for some witch hunt... :tu

Yonivore
10-10-2011, 07:50 PM
I'm glad representatives like Issa are hard at work trying to solve the problems Californians are facing... :tu
California isn't Issa's problem. They did it to themselves.

Issa is doing what he's supposed to be doing.

ElNono
10-10-2011, 07:54 PM
California isn't Issa's problem.

Since when a representative from California, voted in by Californians, has nothing to do for California? You're making no sense, yoni.

ElNono
10-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Under your premise, the US isn't Barry's problem...

Yonivore
10-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Since when a representative from California, voted in by Californians, has nothing to do for California? You're making no sense, yoni.
Because they've screwed themselves with state politics. Issa is representing his constituents in the national Congress...maybe you didn't notice.

Yonivore
10-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Under your premise, the US isn't Barry's problem...
We'd be better off if he'd quit fucking with it, for sure.

ElNono
10-10-2011, 07:59 PM
Because they've screwed themselves with state politics. Issa is representing his constituents in the national Congress...maybe you didn't notice.

The still voted for him to help Californians. That's how a representative system works.

We'd be better off if he'd quit fucking with it, for sure.

Not his problem (according to you anyways)

Yonivore
10-10-2011, 08:02 PM
The still voted for him to help Californians. That's how a representative system works.
Well, he can't control Governor Moonbeam and a liberal legislature in Sacremento.

Not his problem (according to you anyways)
I'm not sure how you made that leap but, I'd be fine if he'd do nothing for awhile.

ElNono
10-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Well, he can't control Governor Moonbeam and a liberal legislature in Sacremento.

He can control working in California's best interests. Representatives don't have to be partisan hacks if they don't want to be.

I'm not sure how you made that leap but, I'd be fine if he'd do nothing for awhile.

I'm pretty sure you made the leap before I did.

Yonivore
10-10-2011, 08:13 PM
He can control working in California's best interests. Representatives don't have to be partisan hacks if they don't want to be.
Fighting Obama's ridiculously destructive economic plan is in California's interest. Holding an out of control and possibly criminal Justice Department accountable is also in California's interest.

I'm pretty sure you made the leap before I did.
Presidents and Congressmen have very different roles. One could argue this president has insinuated himself into areas best left to the States but, nonetheless, his federal role is different.

ElNono
10-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Fighting Obama's ridiculously destructive economic plan is in California's interest. Holding an out of control and possibly criminal Justice Department accountable is also in California's interest.

What 'ridiculously destructive economic plan'? More tax cuts that add to the deficit? Because that's the only economic plan that has passed recently.
I'm sure Californians would like to know what their Representative is doing to curtail the high employment in the state.

Presidents and Congressmen have very different roles. One could argue this president has insinuated himself into areas best left to the States but, nonetheless, his federal role is different.

They're both supposed to represent their constituency. As far as that's concerned, they're exactly the same.

Yonivore
10-10-2011, 08:25 PM
What 'ridiculously destructive economic plan'? More tax cuts that add to the deficit? Because that's the only economic plan that has passed recently.
I'm sure Californians would like to know what their Representative is doing to curtail the high employment in the state.
Issa can't control the California politicians that are chasing off business with their high taxes.

Obama has doubled managed to spend $4 Trillion in three years. We don't take that much in in taxes. Tax cuts have nothing to do with this abomination.

They're both supposed to represent their constituency. As far as that's concerned, they're exactly the same.
You're suggesting Issa and Obama should poke around in the state's legislature?

ElNono
10-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Issa can't control the California politicians that are chasing off business with their high taxes.

He can control finding ways to help California from the federal government.

Obama has doubled managed to spend $4 Trillion in three years. We don't take that much in in taxes. Tax cuts have nothing to do with this abomination.

The deficit is calculated with both spending and receipts. Don't be disingenuous now. The tax cuts cost a trillion + interest. Obama is as much at fault for extending them on the nation's credit card.

You're suggesting Issa and Obama should poke around in the state's legislature?

I suggest Issa should be sitting down with other Representatives, regardless of which party they belong to, to try to help Californians in need.

Yonivore
10-10-2011, 08:42 PM
He can control finding ways to help California from the federal government.
He would tell you he'd doing that by fighting Obama's domestic agenda and holding him accountable for criminal activity.

The deficit is calculated with both spending and receipts. Don't be disingenuous now. The tax cuts cost a trillion + interest. Obama is as much at fault for extending them on the nation's credit card.
Spending has cost $4 Trillion.

I suggest Issa should be sitting down with other Representatives, regardless of which party they belong to, to try to help Californians in need.
He would tell you, that's exactly what he's doing on a federal level.

ElNono
10-10-2011, 08:58 PM
He would tell you he'd doing that by fighting Obama's domestic agenda and holding him accountable for criminal activity.

No doubt that might be what he would say. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure Californians would rather get another kind of help.

Spending has cost $4 Trillion.

Unpaid tax cuts have cost how much in lack of revenue, yoni? You know sooner or later you and I are going to be in the hook for that + interest, right?

He would tell you, that's exactly what he's doing on a federal level.

Californians ain't living on talk, yoni. Which Representatives is he sitting down with to solve California's pressing problems?

Yonivore
10-10-2011, 09:02 PM
No doubt that might be what he would say. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure Californians would rather get another kind of help.
You'd have to ask Californians.

Unpaid tax cuts have cost how much in lack of revenue, yoni? You know sooner or later you and I are going to be in the hook for that + interest, right?
The government needs to cut spending to match tax revenues. Eventually, you run out of other people's money, ElNono.

Californians ain't living on talk, yoni. Which Representatives is he sitting down with to solve California's pressing problems?
They're pretty stupid to keep liberals in the Statehouse and elect Moonbeam again.

ElNono
10-10-2011, 09:08 PM
You'd have to ask Californians.

After you ask Issa.

The government needs to cut spending to match tax revenues. Eventually, you run out of other people's money, ElNono.

Starving the beast hasn't worked, yoni. Apparently, as Reagan and many others after him have shown, there's a national credit card.

I agree cuts need to be made to match tax revenues. I also think tax revenues should be higher for the type of services this country provides.

They're pretty stupid to keep liberals in the Statehouse and elect Moonbeam again.

You didn't answer the question.