PDA

View Full Version : I feel sorry for pistons in game 4

ducks
06-14-2005, 10:37 PM
duncan is going to go off
this game will wake them up the spurs started to believe the hype

TMSKILZ
06-14-2005, 10:54 PM
Amen, we sucked in the 2nd 1/2 of this game, worse than a slovenian breathe!

Beno sucked 2night, oh well hopefully we show up for 48 mins in Game 4.

ducks
06-14-2005, 10:55 PM
also the pistons used all their o in game 3

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-14-2005, 10:57 PM
manu will have a HUGE game also

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-14-2005, 10:58 PM
I think you've got some denial going.

Dont' worry, Nies will show up and Duncan will have two fouls in the first minute of game 5. :lol

gocanes719
06-14-2005, 10:58 PM
That remains to be seen. Duncan isn't playing like he used to. I hope he comes back like he did after his terrible free throw game but we will see.

MadDog73
06-14-2005, 11:02 PM
Meh, even if Tim has 14 pts and 10 rebounds again (!?!), there is NO WAY Manu gets only seven points again.

The worse thing about this game (besides losing) is wasting a 10 point game by Brent Barry. Those don't come everyday, you know.... :rolleyes

goliath
06-14-2005, 11:02 PM
So far in the playoffs, every game Tim has sucked ass he comes back and kicks ass in the next game.

Fact is any game both Manu and Tim suck we lose. Doesnt really matter if its Detroit or the Clippers. Wont happen again.

Detroit played as well as they could. We played as bad as we could, even when it was close.

Still will be Spurs in 5.

myhc
06-14-2005, 11:03 PM
There's one thing you DON'T bet on. Tim and Manu having 2 bad games back to back. Whether we win on Thursday or night, I expect both to have monster games.

Leetonidas
06-14-2005, 11:11 PM
I don't think Duncan is the key in this series, Manu is. If Manu plays like he can, we take it. If he explodes and Timmy gets mean, we blow 'em out.

ducks
06-15-2005, 08:33 AM
duncan will try to drive more next game

jochhejaam
06-15-2005, 11:42 PM
So far in the playoffs, every game Tim has sucked ass he comes back and kicks ass in the next game.

Fact is any game both Manu and Tim suck we lose. Doesnt really matter if its Detroit or the Clippers. Wont happen again.

Detroit played as well as they could. We played as bad as we could, even when it was close.

Still will be Spurs in 5.

This is the first time his "next game" will be played in the Palace at Auburn Hills! :)

Detroit can play much better than this. Rasheed had another subpar offensive performance and Tayshaun still did not play up to his potential. Our 3 point shooting is still well below our average and we're not putting enough pressure on your 3 point shooting.

I have little doubt that this will be more than a 5 game series.

Pistons < Spurs
06-15-2005, 11:48 PM
Detroit can play much better than this.

Agreed. That was a B maybe B+ performance from us. Hopefully they will bring the A game tomorrow night...because I do believe we will need it.

constantstate
06-15-2005, 11:54 PM
were any of you watching the WCF? did any of you see what tim did... after he basically lost the sweep game?

Pistons < Spurs
06-15-2005, 11:57 PM
Indeed I did. He was very impressive. But that was against NO defense. Doesn't mean he can't perform the same way again...but it also doesn't mean that Detroit can't lock him up again, and force him into playing as a jumpshooter.

constantstate
06-16-2005, 12:05 AM
obviously you didnt see the reports on tv about how phoenix all of a sudden became a defensive team... able to stop tim duncan... because he had a bad night. you missed the sportcenter highlight where he got blocked by amare and they were calling it the best blockedshot ever!!!

ive never seen anyone make tim a jumpshooter... he was born in the post... and if you smother him and get in foul trouble (ask the sonics) however, if he does try to make those early outside shots, someone's gonna have to jump out on him... just saying...

JamStone
06-16-2005, 12:15 AM
A misconception behind the 96 points in game 3 is that the Pistons offense was good. It wasn't. Because of fast break points, the Pistons were able to score in transition. However, the Pistons half-court offense was not especially good. The Pistons only made THREE 3 point shots. Rasheed only scored 8 points. And, the Pistons still missed a lot of easy shots, including uncontested lay-ups. So, the Pistons actually did NOT use up "all their O" in game 3. It was all the turnovers by Manu and Beno in the second half for fast break points.

Detroit did not "play their best" in game 3. Just like the Spurs did not play their best in game 1.

I really hope BOTH Detroit and San Antonio play their best games both offensively and defensively for one whole game. Because, then we will see some great basketball.

I don't doubt the Spurs will play much better, especially Manu and Timmy. But, if the Pistons also bring thei "A" game, it will be extremely competitive and not as easy as some of you Spurs fans seem to think game 4 will be.

shyne
06-16-2005, 12:20 AM
Beware of Big Shot Rob, I predict a back breaking Dagger!

TheTruth
06-16-2005, 12:21 AM
also the pistons used all their o in game 3
What does that mean? Does the NBA allot a certain amount of points per series? If the Pistons play like they did last night (and they can) then it is going to be one hell of a game. The Spurs best can beat the Pistons best, but not if they are playing last night.

ICE3000
06-16-2005, 06:44 AM
I don't think Duncan is the key in this series, Manu is. If Manu plays like he can, we take it. If he explodes and Timmy gets mean, we blow 'em out.

Duncan is the key to EVERY series... Manu is extra an can be replaced if need be... the spurs go as TIM DUNCAN goes... Manu can score 50 but if Tim dosnt do his thing we wouldnt be in the WCF...

TIM=SHAQ
MANU=KOBE

atlfan25
06-16-2005, 06:52 AM
I feel sorry for pistons in game 4
As do I. It will be a shame, for the Pistons. :smokin

ducks
06-16-2005, 08:29 AM
when I said the pistons used all their o up in game 3
I meant they will not be able to shoot that well in game 4
what is bad is when a team shots very well usually the law of the averages catch up with you

HULKAROCK
06-16-2005, 09:20 AM
So confident, you are. So dissapointed, you will be..

Ishta
06-16-2005, 11:16 AM
So confident, you are. So dissapointed, you will be..
I seriously doubt that :rolleyes

nkdlunch
06-16-2005, 11:20 AM
when I said the pistons used all their o up in game 3
I meant they will not be able to shoot that well in game 4
what is bad is when a team shots very well usually the law of the averages catch up with you

I disagree, Hamilton and Billups can shoot like that 365 days a year. And 'Sheed hasn't even played his game this series. I do expect Ben and Dice to cool off though, and Prince, well I expect him to suck till summer. But they can still light it up I'm afraid.

I hope Bowen can lock down Rip again and somehow Sheed + Billups won't be enough.

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 11:22 AM
I don't....they are at home and just came off of a 17 point win. I imagine they feel pretty good with that.

SoundTheToll
06-16-2005, 11:23 AM
HAHA, some of the Spurs fans over-confidence is funny. But hey, its cool, you're Spurs' fans. Just don't believe that the Pistons played great last game. If I were you, I'd worry about Rasheed. He's way overdue for a breakout game. We've seen flashes, but I think Game 4 will be Rasheed's night.

SWC Bonfire
06-16-2005, 11:26 AM
If I were you, I'd worry about Rasheed. He's way overdue for a breakout game. We've seen flashes, but I think Game 4 will be Rasheed's night.

What about Tim Duncan? Do you think he's had a great series thus far and isn't due a breakout performance? (Hint, history is on Timmy's side)

geerussell
06-16-2005, 11:31 AM
If they look to dump the ball to duncan more and take the other guys out of the game, that's fine too.

SWC Bonfire
06-16-2005, 11:40 AM
If they look to dump the ball to duncan more and take the other guys out of the game, that's fine too.

Well, that's the beauty of a sporting event. We'll find out if that's true tonight.

MadDog73
06-16-2005, 11:48 AM
I really hope BOTH Detroit and San Antonio play their best games both offensively and defensively for one whole game. Because, then we will see some great basketball.

I'm with you, JamStone. This was hyped as the best series in the last 10 years, and I have yet to see both teams playing well during the same game.

Hell, even in Game 1 the Spurs sucked. It's just Detroit sucked more.

I've been predicting a close, 3 pt. game all series. If any game would be that game, it will be tonight.

silverandblackreign
06-16-2005, 11:49 AM
If they look to dump the ball down to Duncan more, then thats fine with me too. You obviously dont watch too much Spurs ball. Funnell it through Duncan - bring the double and he kicks it out to the open man, play straight up and pay the price. Now - whether or not thats successfull depends on everybody hitting shots, crisp passing, and a burning fire (unlike Gm. 3) within Duncan to take it to the rim....jusy my 2 cents...

Arsenal of Democracy
06-17-2005, 09:48 AM

You were saying?????

bigzak25
06-17-2005, 09:52 AM
You were saying?????

he was saying TD is going to go off. wait for it bitch.

your bandwagon ass was nowhere to be found when the pistons were down 2-0. :smokin

SWC Bonfire
06-17-2005, 09:53 AM
Spurs didn't show up, pistons did.

We'll see if the spurs finally solve the clog-the-lane defense sunday.

PistonFreak
06-17-2005, 09:53 AM

Now start a thread saying the same thing for game 5.
:rolleyes

ALVAREZ6
06-17-2005, 09:54 AM
How do you know Duncan will go off? That's what we all said after game 3....

And if he does, why would you feel bad for them??? This is the finals.

jochhejaam
06-17-2005, 11:04 AM
As do I. It will be a shame, for the Pistons. :smokin

This is why I don't talk smack!!

:lol :elephant :elephant :lol

mavsfan1000
06-20-2005, 01:25 AM
Big shot ROB was the difference. This is how a heart breaks.