PDA

View Full Version : Could the lockout be coming to an abrupt end?

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-09-2011, 07:56 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7080905/nba-lockout-sides-meet-11th-hour-attempt-sources-say

If it's true that the only thing left to work out is the difference between 50% and 53% revenue sharing, then it will take no time for a new CBA to be reached. At this point, the players could cave on the 3% difference and they still won the negotiations.

That hard cap supposedly the owners were willing to lose a season to get and the midlevel exception the owners were also willing to lose games to get rid of? Well it turns out Sarver and Gilbert were the only ones who were willing to let their shit team miss a season so they could get a hard cap. Stern meanwhile entertained the idea to keep the owners happy but knew it would be horrible for the NBA and would never happen because the owners with bargaining power didn't want it. The hard cap was never a "blood issue", and the owners look like idiots for letting Sarver's retarded demands drag this lockout out so long when most of them were never willing to do more than bluff for a hard cap.

I'll never get over the fact Sarver has dragged the Suns down to the gutter of NBA franchises with his stubbornness/stupidity, but if the lockout ends tonight, and he has to sell the Suns at a HUGE loss while looking like a giant idiot in the process losing any respect anyone had for him as a businessman, it'll be entertaining as fuck to watch.

Here's to the lockout ending soon :toast

DPG21920
10-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Dude, going to 50% is not a win for the players. Hell 53% is a pretty big win for the owners with 50% being cause for serious celebration. I don't care too much as I just want a season, but its not a win for the players.

Koolaid_Man
10-09-2011, 08:06 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7080905/nba-lockout-sides-meet-11th-hour-attempt-sources-say

If it's true that the only thing left to work out is the difference between 50% and 53% revenue sharing, then it will take no time for a new CBA to be reached. At this point, the players could cave on the 3% difference and they still won the negotiations.

That hard cap supposedly the owners were willing to lose a season to get and the midlevel exception the owners were also willing to lose games to get rid of? Well it turns out Sarver and Gilbert were the only ones who were willing to let their shit team miss a season so they could get a hard cap. Stern meanwhile entertained the idea to keep the owners happy but knew it would be horrible for the NBA and would never happen because the owners with bargaining power didn't want it. The hard cap was never a "blood issue", and the owners look like idiots for letting Sarver's retarded demands drag this lockout out so long when most of them were never willing to do more than bluff for a hard cap.

I'll never get over the fact Sarver has dragged the Suns down to the gutter of NBA franchises with his stubbornness/stupidity, but if the lockout ends tonight, and he has to sell the Suns at a HUGE loss while looking like a giant idiot in the process losing any respect anyone had for him as a businessman, it'll be entertaining as fuck to watch.

All Hail One Derek Fisher...or D-Fish as we like to call him....:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-09-2011, 08:41 PM
Dude, going to 50% is not a win for the players. Hell 53% is a pretty big win for the owners with 50% being cause for serious celebration. I don't care too much as I just want a season, but its not a win for the players.
The owners started CBA talks with radical changes including a hard salary cap, no more MLE, the players having < 50% of the revenue, and unlike NFL owners had a strong case to make with 17 out of 30 teams losing money last year. The players said from the start they were willing to budge on revenue sharing if it meant keeping the soft salary cap and midlevel exception, which is pretty much what happened.

With a soft salary cap there will still be plenty of retarded owners and GMs who shell out ridiculous contracts. Scrubs like Channing Frye and Drew Gooden will still sucker teams into giving them $6,000,000 a year with the MLE sticking around. The retarded owners like Sarver meanwhile, who couldn't survive the financial climate of the NBA prior to the lockout didn't get anywhere near what the wanted and are 2-3 years (at most) away from having to sell their teams at a hefty loss.

Koolaid_Man
10-09-2011, 08:45 PM
The owners started CBA talks with radical changes including a hard salary cap, no more MLE, the players having < 50% of the revenue, and unlike NFL owners had a strong case to make with 17 out of 30 teams losing money last year. The players said from the start they were willing to budge on revenue sharing if it meant keeping the soft salary cap and midlevel exception, which is pretty much what happened.

With a soft salary cap there will still be plenty of retarded owners and GMs who shell out ridiculous contracts. Scrubs like Channing Frye and Drew Gooden will still sucker teams into giving them $6,000,000 a year with the MLE sticking around. The retarded owners like Sarver meanwhile, who couldn't survive the financial climate of the NBA prior to the lockout didn't get anywhere near what the wanted and are 2-3 years (at most) away from having to sell their teams at a hefty loss.

D-Fish Dawg...

DPG21920
10-09-2011, 08:52 PM

Scrah, the owners said a bunch of shit, that doesn't make it a win for the players. The owners said that stuff knowing damn well it wouldn't happen. That was just so they could say "ok ok, we will do 50/50" knowing that is a massive win for them. All that other bs was just smoke and mirrors that most owners didn't really care about and was just stuff they could use as "concessions".

The owners weren't in a good position because of teams losing money. Their losses are severely overstated and their franchise values are at an all time high. The owners are in a good position solely because they can withstand the financial hit longer.

Koolaid_Man
10-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Scrah, the owners said a bunch of shit, that doesn't make it a win for the players. The owners said that stuff knowing damn well it wouldn't happen. That was just so they could say "ok ok, we will do 50/50" knowing that is a massive win for them. All that other bs was just smoke and mirrors that most owners didn't really care about and was just stuff they could use as "concessions".

The owners weren't in a good position because of teams losing money. Their losses are severely overstated and their franchise values are at an all time high. The owners are in a good position solely because they can withstand the financial hit longer.

:lmao poor deepy with ZERO understanding of economics....

D Fish Dawg....D- Fish

DPG21920
10-09-2011, 09:02 PM
The day I get lectured in economics by a retar...nevermind, please just trust what I've said.

Veterinarian.
10-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Shut the fuck up.

cd98
10-09-2011, 09:07 PM

You're missing out on negotiation strategies. If your real goal is to get to a 50/50 split on revenue, take a hard stance on something you are willing to sacrifice so that you can use that card to get the BRI down.

Players are pulling the same tricks by having the star players come out and insist they won't go below 53%. Of course they will. If they didn't, the majority of average players would go after them because they don't have the millions on hand to miss games. It's a ploy to try and keep the number above 47% and as close to over 50% as they can get. There is a number that both sides will agree to, but it takes time and posturing to get to the that number.

Koolaid_Man
10-09-2011, 09:12 PM
The day I get lectured in economics by a retar...nevermind, please just trust what I've said.

:lmao like Public Enemy said...Can't Truss It

Veterinarian.
10-09-2011, 09:22 PM
:lmao like Public Enemy said...Can't Truss It

Get fucking swept. Barea made Kobe his bitch and don't even get me started on Bynum. :lmao :lmao :lmao

Giuseppe
10-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Get fucking swept. Barea made Kobe his bitch and don't even get me started on Bynum. :lmao :lmao :lmao

After The Skunker & 8 you've nary room.

Koolaid_Man
10-09-2011, 09:29 PM

_988-cpiG94

JayTheClown
10-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Wow, Dok starts a real life NBA related thread and Kool and his posse comes in to fuck it up.

:lmaoIts not annoying anymore.
Its laughable

Veterinarian.
10-09-2011, 09:56 PM
_988-cpiG94

Veterinarian.
10-09-2011, 09:59 PM
youre a bitter asian male with 12k posts on a naruto forum..and youre in your late 20s. Look at yourself :lol

JayTheClown
10-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Eat shit, faggot.

You gonna supply me the shit? Or I'm I gonna have to eat out you mom again?

Giuseppe
10-09-2011, 10:05 PM
Wow, Dok starts a real life NBA related thread and Kool and his posse comes in to fuck it up.

:lmaoIts not annoying anymore.
Its laughable

I knew it. The Championship wasn't near enough.

10-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Giuseppe's a pig in shit with the current lockout. As soon as it ends that means he has to see more of Axe Murderer and Will Hunting

BlackSwordsMan
10-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Lakerfans getting away with all type of gutter posts.

mavs>spurs
10-09-2011, 10:21 PM
quick question are they looking for 50% of total revenues or 50% of net income after expenses?

DPG21920
10-09-2011, 10:23 PM
50% of basketball related income

mavs>spurs
10-09-2011, 10:27 PM
so...you're saying net income after expenses?

baseline bum
10-09-2011, 10:29 PM
That hard cap supposedly the owners were willing to lose a season to get and the midlevel exception the owners were also willing to lose games to get rid of? Well it turns out Sarver and Gilbert were the only ones who were willing to let their shit team miss a season so they could get a hard cap.

LOL butthurt Gilbert doing all he can to break the Heat up. Yeah, that's not transparent. :lol

JayTheClown
10-09-2011, 10:30 PM
LOL butthurt Gilbert doing all he can to break the Heat up. Yeah, that's not transparent. :lol

:lol

DPG21920
10-09-2011, 10:31 PM
Exactly. No one with power had a hard cap as a real sticking point. That would be like me saying fine, if you give me $500 I'll stop talking to koolaid

JayTheClown
10-09-2011, 10:36 PM
Damn, I cant wait until this shit is over

ElNono
10-09-2011, 11:07 PM
Actually, from what I've read, they haven't even discussed the MLE, other exceptions and hard cap. Supposedly that's what was going to be discussed this weekend.
I think sides are oceans apart.

Venti Quattro
10-09-2011, 11:23 PM
The lockout needs to end. The NBA Forum is getting shittier and shittier each day.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-10-2011, 12:33 AM
Actually, from what I've read, they haven't even discussed the MLE, other exceptions and hard cap. Supposedly that's what was going to be discussed this weekend.
I think sides are oceans apart.
Doubtful. Revenue sharing is something where the two sides get closer and closer eventually reaching a compromise. There's no point in negotiating revenue sharing when major issues like a hard salary cap are still unsettled.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-10-2011, 12:34 AM
It's even more transparent than Sarver campaigning for a $45,000,000 hard cap just so he can say, "See! I knew I was smart to let Amare leave! I am teh greatest!"

ElNono
10-10-2011, 01:37 AM
Doubtful. Revenue sharing is something where the two sides get closer and closer eventually reaching a compromise. There's no point in negotiating revenue sharing when major issues like a hard salary cap are still unsettled.

From Friday:

Union refuses NBA’s conditions of meeting (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AuMRdHPTJTU.zT5xddkzZ1i8vLYF?slug=aw-wojnarowski_nba_labor_talks_100711)

In addition to the revenue split, the league’s owners and players still need to finish negotiating the luxury tax on the salary cap, the future of the midlevel and bi-annual exceptions and other major system items.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-10-2011, 01:59 AM
So it's all but settled that there won't be a hard cap. There's no luxury tax with a hard cap.

mingus
10-10-2011, 02:52 AM
if the players won't agree to a 50/50 deal...seems fair to me. haven't crunched the numbers or anything but the concept seems fair. don't know why the players would view that kind of deal as a slight. it seems ridiculous.

hope one of the sides steps up to plate and gives in out of selflessness and for the fans who've been loyal over all the years and stadium employees that are otta work.

ElNono
10-10-2011, 10:29 AM
So it's all but settled that there won't be a hard cap. There's no luxury tax with a hard cap.

Not sure about that. I think Woj was referring to items that were in the previous CBA and that were still to be negotiated. tbh, the last comment about owners retreating from a hard cap to a semi-hard cap (a soft cap with incredibly high penalties, which effectively makes it a hard-cap-in-a-different-name) was also not accepted by the union (this was way before the whole BRI discussion started).

Giuseppe
10-10-2011, 11:24 AM
The union would regret accepting a hard cap (in any form). It would take the emotion and human element out of contract signings. All the money would be centralized and accounted for. As it is now the money is laying around amongst 30 owners, half of them having hard ons for one another, fervently believing "they" would never make a wrong signing, but, they continually do. If that human condition goes away it would be a catastrophy for the union.

I'm equally flabbergasted that the union would give up 7 points on the BRI, from 57-43 to 50-50. That would be insane to accept that loss.

ElNono
10-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Union needs to decertify and get those anti-trust lawsuits going... that's what's going to get this thing moving again.

jermaine
10-10-2011, 11:40 AM
The lockout needs to end. The NBA Forum is getting shittier and shittier each day.

This whole site is shitty. I come on here every three mths to hear NBA news an read BS all over this muthasucka. Everyone starting stupid ass threads, even in the Spurs forum. I use to love this site, now it done went from suga 2 shit.

stretch
10-10-2011, 11:43 AM
This whole site is shitty. I come on here every three mths to hear NBA news an read BS all over this muthasucka. Everyone starting stupid ass threads, even in the Spurs forum. I use to love this site, now it done went from suga 2 shit.

sup jermaine?

Koolaid_Man
10-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Suck cock, nigga.

:lol he do got some nice ass lips....:lol

Hey Jermaine you cool homie...I'm just fucking with ya...:lol

Giuseppe
10-10-2011, 12:23 PM
:lmao

Veterinarian.
10-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Too bad jermaine is actually a real nigga from Dallas not some fake pussy ass Asian naruto loving 28 ear old and a white kid Kevin who likes rafting :lmao

Giuseppe
10-10-2011, 12:35 PM
jermaine is actually a real nigga from Dallas

With some nice ass lips.

:lmao

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
10-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Me, I am just going to call fault on both sides. If games are lost in the regular season, the NBA starts losing its credibility. That will in turn cause harm to which ever side "does the best" in the final CBA. Actually, both sides will suffer. Times up, both sides have walked the plank and have a sword poked in their back prodding them forward. Make peace now and welcome back to the ship as a true sailor.

Giuseppe
10-10-2011, 02:42 PM
As long as they don't fuck with the cap I frankly don't care.

10-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Gius' what are your thoughts of the lockout ending meaning the return of more Axe Murderer, Mel_13, and potentially Will Hunting coming out of retirement?

Giuseppe
10-10-2011, 04:19 PM
I don't mind Axe & Mel. They're fine lads, but, that Hunting guy...I hate that fucker with a passion. An absolutely irritating SOB.

Pistons < Spurs
10-10-2011, 08:50 PM
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Stern says that the first two weeks of season have been cancelled.

Stern: "we remain very, very apart on all issues."

LakerHater
10-10-2011, 09:01 PM
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Stern says that the first two weeks of season have been cancelled.

Stern: "we remain very, very apart on all issues."

Sooooooo, does that mean * championship???

Giuseppe
10-10-2011, 09:35 PM
At the very least it postpones the shitbag humiliating himself for two more weeks.

mavs>spurs
10-10-2011, 09:38 PM
I don't mind Axe & Mel. They're fine lads, but, that Hunting guy...I hate that fucker with a passion. An absolutely irritating SOB.

I think he's back tbh. Check your last 10 visitors imo.

Giuseppe
10-10-2011, 09:43 PM
<LI class=smallfont>Axe Murderer (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=9671) <LI class=smallfont>BoricuaCJA (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=17408) <LI class=smallfont>dirk4mvp (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=3863) <LI class=smallfont>DoK (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=26386) <LI class=smallfont>midnightpulp (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=5430) <LI class=smallfont>pass1st (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=26382) <LI class=smallfont>the ellis girl (I luv you, Cubby)<LI class=smallfont>Veterinarian. (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=26895) <LI class=smallfont>Will_Hunting (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=28377)
Y.H. (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=23131)
Yep, he's there.

baseline bum
10-10-2011, 09:50 PM
At the very least it postpones the shitbag humiliating himself for two more weeks.

How much worse can it get than his 36-point beatdown to close out The Skunker?

Giuseppe
10-10-2011, 10:09 PM
How much worse can it get than his 36-point beatdown to close out The Skunker?

The Skunker!!!

Banzai
10-10-2011, 10:26 PM
2 weeks cancelled..likely more to follow.

ElNono
10-10-2011, 11:02 PM
This thread delivers :tu

:lol

Giuseppe
10-10-2011, 11:08 PM
^ Bend over. I'll fuckin' deliver.

ElNono
10-10-2011, 11:13 PM
^ gutter post. You've been warned.

Giuseppe
10-10-2011, 11:14 PM
^Bend over. I'll bust yer fuckin' gutter.

ElNono
10-10-2011, 11:18 PM
^ you should talk to katiegirl, tbh

LkrFan
10-11-2011, 12:29 AM
Sooooooo, does that mean * championship???

Only if the season is < 51 games. :downspin: