PDA

View Full Version : What's going on with the Prez

xrayzebra
10-10-2011, 09:40 AM
Okay, has he lost it? As if he ever had it to begin with!

The reports are not good, disturbing even. I have heard basically the same story four times in the last 10 days, and the people doing the talking are in New York and Washington and are spread across the political spectrum.

The gist is this: President Obama has become a lone wolf, a stranger to his own government. He talks mostly, and sometimes only, to friend and adviser Valerie Jarrett and to David Axelrod, his political strategist.

Everybody else, including members of his Cabinet, have little face time with him except for brief meetings that serve as photo ops. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner both have complained, according to people who have talked to them, that they are shut out of important decisions.
President Obama has become a lone wolf, a stranger to his own government.

The president’s workdays are said to end early, often at 4 p.m. He usually has dinner in the family residence with his wife and daughters, then retreats to a private office. One person said he takes a stack of briefing books. Others aren’t sure what he does.

If the reports are accurate, and I believe they are, they paint a picture of an isolated man trapped in a collapsing presidency. While there is no indication Obama is walking the halls of the White House late at night, talking to the portraits of former presidents, as Richard Nixon did during Watergate, the reports help explain his odd public remarks.

Obama conceded in one television interview recently that Americans are not “better off than they were four years ago” and said in another that the nation had “gotten a little soft.” Both smacked of a man who feels discouraged and alienated and sparked comparisons to Jimmy Carter, never a good sign.

(more see link)

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/aimless_obama_walks_alone_OUgoMTkORRJioLl7B6ZYmN#i xzz1aOEGNvMX

:downspin:

Edited for Elnono's edification.

boutons_deux
10-10-2011, 09:49 AM
nypost is Murdoch slander/lie/rumor rag, figgers XZ would read it and believe it.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Figgers????

ElNono
10-10-2011, 10:18 AM
He's probably plotting to cancel the elections...

talk about losing it :rolleyes

Crookshanks
10-10-2011, 10:40 AM
I read this editorial this morning and found it quite interesting - but not surprising. Obama is qualified to do just one thing - campaign. Unfortunately, millions of people are now suffering because of this failed experiment! November 2012 can't come soon enough.

Agloco
10-10-2011, 10:42 AM
Obama conceded in one television interview recently that Americans are not “better off than they were four years ago” and said in another that the nation had “gotten a little soft.” Both smacked of a man who feels discouraged and alienated and sparked comparisons to Jimmy Carter, never a good sign.

:lol

Is this not the battle hymn that board conservatives have been marching to? Obama acknowledges this and somehow it's incorrect now?

Crookshanks
10-10-2011, 11:31 AM

Is this not the battle hymn that board conservatives have been marching to? Obama acknowledges this and somehow it's incorrect now?

I don't believe anyone is saying it's incorrect. The author is saying that Obama admitting it shows he's discouraged and giving up. He's basically saying his policies have failed.

boutons_deux
10-10-2011, 11:36 AM
"his policies have failed"

in your magical imagination, what policies have failed?

And don't you extreme right-winger nihilists expect the free market to solve all problems and that govt, like the WH, has no role to play?

Oh, Gee!!
10-10-2011, 12:17 PM
a very well-sourced, unbiased article. kudos to to the post for publishing it and to xray for posting it here. well done.

Cry Havoc
10-10-2011, 12:27 PM
a very well-sourced, unbiased article. kudos to to the post for publishing it and to xray for posting it here. well done.

Oh, Gee!!
10-10-2011, 12:29 PM
He usually has dinner in the family residence with his wife and daughters, then retreats to a private office. One person said he takes a stack of briefing books. Others aren’t sure what he does.

If the reports are accurate, and I believe they are, they paint a picture of an isolated man trapped in a collapsing presidency.

this is the best part of the whole article. real moving stuff, xray.

Crookshanks
10-10-2011, 12:31 PM

It's an EDITORIAL - you do know what an editorial is, don't you? It's someone's OPINION... Geez

ElNono
10-10-2011, 12:33 PM
It's an EDITORIAL - you do know what an editorial is, don't you? It's someone's OPINION... Geez

But according to ray "He has lost it!"

Crookshanks
10-10-2011, 12:36 PM
But according to ray "He has lost it!"

Noooooo - go back and read it again. He said "Has he lost it". BIG difference when you switch two words, isn't it?

ElNono
10-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Noooooo - go back and read it again. He said "Has he lost it". BIG difference when you switch two words, isn't it?

tbh, I thought that was a typo (without the question mark at the end). Especially coming from ray. I'll wait for him to clarify.

Yonivore
10-10-2011, 12:49 PM
And opinion, nonetheless, that is sourced to support the opinion.

ChumpDumper
10-10-2011, 12:52 PM
What sources?

xrayzebra
10-10-2011, 12:55 PM
tbh, I thought that was a typo (without the question mark at the end). Especially coming from ray. I'll wait for him to clarify.

Yep I did leave off the question mark. But then in regards about it
coming from me, then you already knew I never thought he had it to
begin with.

ElNono
10-10-2011, 01:03 PM
What sources?

"One person said", "Others"... did you read the article? :lol

ElNono
10-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Yep I did leave off the question mark. But then in regards about it
coming from me, then you already knew I never thought he had it to
begin with.

Exactly :lol

Oh, Gee!!
10-10-2011, 01:31 PM

IMO, you're an idiot. according to a unnamed source.

Wild Cobra
10-10-2011, 04:09 PM
Okay, has he lost it? As if he ever had it to begin with!

LOL...

I had to stop here. He never had anything but charisma.

xrayzebra
10-10-2011, 04:11 PM
LOL...

I had to stop here. He never had anything but charisma.

And a sharp crease in his pants that sent chills down some
commentators leg.......or was that, never mind.

ElNono
10-10-2011, 04:32 PM
So what's the diagnosis, ray? Depression? Wouldn't a suicidal Barry be good news for the red team?

xrayzebra
10-10-2011, 04:37 PM
So what's the diagnosis, ray? Depression? Wouldn't a suicidal Barry be good news for the red team?

Hey he is your guy. You worry about his health, mental and otherwise,
I could care less. But just maybe he has been eating the veggies out
of WH garden. Seems like I read where they had some bad soil in that
thing at one time. Or maybe Michelle actually did something in it and
screwed it up. Like put something in it from Wal-Mart or Target, that
she bought while shopping.

Hey but maybe she had a reason to go off on long expensive trips overseas.
Barry wasn't giving her any attention. Ugh!

ElNono
10-10-2011, 04:45 PM

Barry wasn't giving her any attention. Ugh!

Not my guy. And for not caring, you seem genuinely concerned.

This Michele information also came from the same "sources"?

ChumpDumper
10-10-2011, 04:46 PM

Barry wasn't giving her any attention. Ugh!Why do you post so much about him if you couldn't care less?

Oh, you said you could care less. Which means you care. Maybe you couldn't care more.

xrayzebra
10-10-2011, 04:52 PM
Why do you post so much about him if you couldn't care less?

Oh, you said you could care less. Which means you care. Maybe you couldn't care more.

Now you Chump, I worry about your mental health. Really! You shouldn't
have such a fixation on me. I'm old, male and have no intention of leaving
you anything in my will. I like the ladies. Not boys. :nope

Agloco
10-10-2011, 05:06 PM
I don't believe anyone is saying it's incorrect. The author is saying that Obama admitting it shows he's discouraged and giving up. He's basically saying his policies have failed.

Gotta disagree with the OP. Those statements show me that he's not aloof and is very much in touch with reality.

ChumpDumper
10-10-2011, 05:15 PM
Now you Chump, I worry about your mental health. Really! You shouldn't
have such a fixation on me. I'm old, male and have no intention of leaving
you anything in my will. I like the ladies. Not boys. :nopeSo you care about the president, his wife and some man on the internet.

OK.