PDA

View Full Version : Occupy Wall Street

ashbeeigh
10-10-2011, 11:51 AM
I found this through an article. Photos of people proclaiming they're part of the 99%. Just passing along because it's a good time waster.

http://wearethe99percent.tumblr.com

BlackSwordsMan
10-10-2011, 11:56 AM
Lets pop a cyanide pill and stare into each others eyes before we fade into nothing, ash.

CubanSucks
10-10-2011, 02:44 PM
not a fan of the whole "holding up a sheet with all my problems on it" schtick

Viva Las Espuelas
10-10-2011, 02:52 PM
le yawn
le :rolleyes

baseline bum
10-10-2011, 03:15 PM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsv87utRV01r25y9yo1_500.png

What the fuck is she majoring in psych for if she wants a job when she graduates? I mean at least do English to hone your writing and reading skills if technical majors don't interest you.

Trainwreck2100
10-10-2011, 03:20 PM

What the fuck is she majoring in psych for if she wants a job when she graduates? I mean at least do English to hone your writing and reading skills if technical majors don't interest you.

the nose ring shows she's a failure

Viva Las Espuelas
10-10-2011, 03:40 PM
18 years old and "there's no jobs" :lol
Life only gets better, toots :toast

ashbeeigh
10-10-2011, 04:04 PM

What would your response be if t was a guy?

Frenzy
10-10-2011, 04:16 PM
So the ghetto hits suburbia and now they care :greedy

Sisk
10-10-2011, 04:21 PM
All this bitching, what is their proposal to change anything?

Also, all of these people claiming to hate big evil corporations, yet use their products constantly. The best is the people upset about Steve Jobs, yet hate massive corporations. All the while using their iPhones and using AT&T as their provider. As much as people hate corporations, they sure do love to use their products and services.

DMC
10-10-2011, 04:49 PM
Must be a Laker fan.

DMC
10-10-2011, 04:50 PM
So none of those people are 1%ers eh?

CubanSucks
10-10-2011, 04:53 PM

what a stupid cunt. Here's a great first step, move back in with your parents and go to a junior college for the first couple years. You'll pay HALF of what you're paying now and guaranteed they'll have all the necessary basic classes for transfering for your worthless psych major.

you have to fucking adapt, bitch

Sisk
10-10-2011, 04:55 PM
what a stupid cunt. Here's a great first step, move back in with your parents and go to a junior college for the first couple years. You'll pay HALF of what you're paying now and guaranteed they'll have all the necessary basic classes for transfering for your worthless psych major.

you have to fucking adapt, bitch

:tu

Trainwreck2100
10-10-2011, 04:58 PM

the nose ring shows he's a failure

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-10-2011, 04:58 PM
I've given up hope for any substantive change in the system from anyone protesting. My current wish is for the Tea Party to head up there and have a Jets vs. Sharks style rumble/dance-off. Youtube gold.

BlackSwordsMan
10-10-2011, 05:54 PM
Dumb fucks. I'm in a major that has no money I'm fucked. :cry
Well find a new major dumb shits.

BlackSwordsMan
10-10-2011, 05:54 PM
Join the military fuck college.

JayTheClown
10-10-2011, 05:59 PM
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsv9eyeRTL1r25y9yo1_500.jpg

Fuck this dude
I'm somewhat in the same predicament, only I'm not wasting my time sending pointless notes to a pointless website. Go back to school and get a real degree political science major.

BlackSwordsMan
10-10-2011, 06:11 PM
If obama was a decent president none of this 99% bullshit would be happening. Lol one term president

baseline bum
10-10-2011, 06:54 PM
All this bitching, what is their proposal to change anything?

Also, all of these people claiming to hate big evil corporations, yet use their products constantly. The best is the people upset about Steve Jobs, yet hate massive corporations. All the while using their iPhones and using AT&T as their provider. As much as people hate corporations, they sure do love to use their products and services.

They're not protesting in front of AT&T, Microsoft, Apple, etc. If any of those companies screw up they go under instead of getting bailed out by the rest of the nation. Look at how Apple was dying in the 90s before they adapted and took over the handheld market. I do agree with the conservatives that they should be protesting at the capitol and white house, but in addition to and not as a replacement for reminding the world how crooked our financial sector has again become.

mavs>spurs
10-10-2011, 07:05 PM
All you people getting all butthurt about this are stupid and only acting this way because you're selfish and the hard times haven't hit YOU personally yet. Not everyone is smart enough to be an engineer or a doctor, or has the money for that kind of schooling it's just not possible for some to even find part time work while they are in college. There is 45% unemployment for 16-29 year olds right now. (see link) If not for my parents, I would be one of those who had to drop out and find full time work. They won't even let me BORROW enough to pay for my tuition, much less books and living expenses! With a 3.8 GPA in a solid major, I've been unemployed for almost a year and couldn't even find a summer internship. I interviewed with several big banks and a big hedge fund, but so did about 50 other applicants..

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/battered-downturn-young-americans-put-off-adulthood-160406776.html

BlackSwordsMan
10-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Re-elect Obama he's promising the same shit like last time but this time HE MEANS IT! YAY

JayTheClown
10-10-2011, 07:32 PM
All you people getting all butthurt about this are stupid and only acting this way because you're selfish and the hard times haven't hit YOU personally yet. Not everyone is smart enough to be an engineer or a doctor, or has the money for that kind of schooling it's just not possible for some to even find part time work while they are in college. There is 45% unemployment for 16-29 year olds right now. (see link) If not for my parents, I would be one of those who had to drop out and find full time work. They won't even let me BORROW enough to pay for my tuition, much less books and living expenses! With a 3.8 GPA in a solid major, I've been unemployed for almost a year and couldn't even find a summer internship. I interviewed with several big banks and a big hedge fund, but so did about 50 other applicants..

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/battered-downturn-young-americans-put-off-adulthood-160406776.html

Your right, there are people going through ruff times right now. I grew up people going through a lot worse then you described. Hell, I'm a recent college grad still looking work. You can say I'm one of the 99% too, or whatever. That being said, what these people are doing is pointless. They are not changing the world, they are not accomplishing a damn thing. All they are doing is holding up signs of their somewhat bad situations so the world can see.

Sisk
10-10-2011, 07:36 PM
That being said, what these people are doing is pointless. They are not changing the world, they are not accomplishing a damn thing. All they are doing is holding up signs of their somewhat bad situations so the world can see.

This.

mavs>spurs
10-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Your right, there are people going through ruff times right now. I grew up people going through a lot worse then you described. Hell, I'm a recent college grad still looking work. You can say I'm one of the 99% too, or whatever. That being said, what these people are doing is pointless. They are not changing the world, they are not accomplishing a damn thing. All they are doing is holding up signs of their somewhat bad situations so the world can see.

Yeah that's the main reason I don't really agree with them on this, they don't even know what they stand for. They think they're just sticking it to the man! They want someone to fix it but don't have a clue what should be done. I just don't like it whenever 45 year old assholes with tons of work experience come in acting all high and mighty. Newsflash- it isn't your middle aged demographic who is feeling the squeeze from all this.

ALVAREZ6
10-10-2011, 07:46 PM
omg I'm a political science major and I can't find a job in a recession!!! I'm a psych major and can't find a job during this big recession !!!! :cry :cry

BlackSwordsMan
10-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Big nazi memorabilia museum opening soon that should stimulate the economy in Argentina.

Sisk
10-10-2011, 10:00 PM
Yeah that's the main reason I don't really agree with them on this, they don't even know what they stand for. They think they're just sticking it to the man! They want someone to fix it but don't have a clue what should be done. I just don't like it whenever 45 year old assholes with tons of work experience come in acting all high and mighty. Newsflash- it isn't your middle aged demographic who is feeling the squeeze from all this.

If they had a proposal, I wouldn't look at them as total morons.

CubanSucks
10-11-2011, 12:53 AM
If they had a proposal, I wouldn't look at them as total morons.

I wouldn't either if they didn't block off bridges or disturb residents late at night. When shit keeps me up at night or keeps me from getting to where I'm going I tend to not care if it's beatin with a baton, maced, and/or arrested

Buddy Holly
10-11-2011, 01:53 AM
If obama was a decent president none of this 99% bullshit would be happening. Lol one term president

Hey dipshit, how is he supposed to enact any real change when the other side is only out to see him not get reelected. Your republicans are as much to blame if not more for their selfish, catty, destructive bipartisan bullshit.

Buddy Holly
10-11-2011, 01:58 AM

Because they haven't change the world or the culture of corruption and greed in corporate america in 35 days they're not doing anything and what they're doing is pointless? Geez, maybe Martin Luther King should have stopped his pointless protesting and marching after he got nothing accompliced in the first month or two. :rolleyes

The longer they stay there, the bigger this thing gets and not just in New York but nationally, there will be change. This movement isn't about some short term gain it's about the long term ramifications this will have on our society.

Insomniac
10-11-2011, 03:31 AM
Stop Hey What's That Sound - Buffalo Springfield

there's something happinin here
what it is aint exactly clear
theres a man with a gun over there
tellin me i got to beware

i think it's time we stop, children
what's that sound
everybody look what's goin down

there's battle lines being drawn
nobody's right if everybody's wrong
young people speakin there minds
getting so much resistance far behind

it's time we stop,
hey what's that sound

what a field day for the heat
a thousand people in the street
singing songs that they're carrying signs
mostly say hurray for our side

it's time we stop,
hey what's that sound

Par-a-noia strikes deep
into your life it will creep
it starts when your always afraid
step out of line the man come and take you away

we better stop
hey what's that sound
everybody look what's going down

CubanSucks
10-11-2011, 03:31 AM
Hey dipshit, how is he supposed to enact any real change when the other side is only out to see him not get reelected. Your republicans are as much to blame if not more for their selfish, catty, destructive bipartisan bullshit.

I think you meant to say partisan

Because they haven't change the world or the culture of corruption and greed in corporate america in 35 days they're not doing anything and what they're doing is pointless? Geez, maybe Martin Luther King should have stopped his pointless protesting and marching after he got nothing accompliced in the first month or two. :rolleyes

The longer they stay there, the bigger this thing gets and not just in New York but nationally, there will be change. This movement isn't about some short term gain it's about the long term ramifications this will have on our society.

:lmao now you're comparing civil rights to a bunch of entitled Liberal Arts majors

Insomniac
10-11-2011, 03:48 AM
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/294780_218871234843804_171556342908627_605972_1625 183659_n.jpg

JayTheClown
10-11-2011, 03:54 AM

So your comparing that shit they're doing in wall street to the civil rights movement? Nice :toast

You do realize these fuckers aren't the first to protest the establishment right? They do that shit at NATO gatherings like every year. Are those fuckers changing the world?

m>s
10-11-2011, 04:42 AM
just the fact imho, if you were a student from a foreign country and you have a BA degree your almost guaranteed a decent job however if you are a local student with a similar degree you have to spend one year or two just looking for a job. employers are givin more chances to immigrants then to local niggas, the gov supplies them immigrants with all sorts of financial aid while leaving the local students fucked in debt.

american parents, you're paying taxes to fund immigrants education, they will graduate with degrees and deprive your own children of the decent jobs that they're supposed to have. niggas lets all go out carrying your guns and shoot dem immigrants on sight, its time to take our country back to our hands niggas!!!

Wild Cobra
10-11-2011, 05:10 AM
Yep...

Cows and pigs wear noserings.

Wild Cobra
10-11-2011, 05:34 AM
Of course, we have our own Occupy Portland. I read of two arrests so far, for this, and buildings...

Occupy Portland Goons Arrested for Vandalizing a Police Car (http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2011/10/occupy-portland-goons-arrested-for-vandalizing-buildings-a-police-car/):

http://thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/occupy-portland-e1318166327722.jpg

This link has several pictures:

Occupy Portland’s peaceful rally, march attracts thousands (http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/story.php?story_id=131794580815037000)

Nothing like a good 'ol Communist Fist-Thumb symbol:

Occupy Portland begins: 10,000 march for economic justice (http://www.examiner.com/progressive-in-portland/occupy-portland-begins-10-000-march-for-economic-justice)

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/10/3f/occupyPDX.jpg

Viva Las Espuelas
10-11-2011, 07:43 AM

I dont believe people were shitting on cop cars during MLK's protests. Especially less than a month after the 10th year anniversary of 9/11 where I'm assuming they wept for the first responders i.e. cops, fireman, etc.

And yes. I'd call it ramifications. They want to overthrow capitalism. What exactly will take it's place? They want to crash the market, not pay their mortgage because some evil man held a gun to their head and made them sign the contract. You crash the market and everyone's 401k is shot to shit. So yeah. There will be quite a bit of "change". Kinda funny how you don't hear "hope" anymore. I don't think that's a coincidence.....

Agloco
10-11-2011, 11:10 AM
And yes. I'd call it ramifications. They want to overthrow capitalism. What exactly will take it's place? They want to crash the market, not pay their mortgage because some evil man held a gun to their head and made them sign the contract. You crash the market and everyone's 401k is shot to shit. So yeah. There will be quite a bit of "change". Kinda funny how you don't hear "hope" anymore. I don't think that's a coincidence.....

When bailouts came, they didn't cover everyone. The corps got theirs. These folks didn't. I think that explains a bit of their vitriol. They saw those with money absolved of their financial responsibilities and are derided for demanding the same treatment (on a MUCH lower scale I might add)?

Nose rings and vandalizing cop cars aside I think there's a strong element of truth to their argument. Lets not harp on the outliers that distract us from their gripe. Most are young and they tend to do dumb things. It is what it is.

I also have an issue with the notion that 18 year old freshmen should have an innate understanding of how the economic world works. Sure she needs to adapt (taking out the nose ring would be a good place to start). Remember though, these kids have no life experience to draw on yet. How are you to hold them accountable for having made the "wrong" decision in terms of choosing a major?

Most these kids started school when those professions were still quite viable. I don't think you can say anyone saw this sort of calamity coming (except those at the top of the food chain).

Now they're done and have no jobs. Invariably the answers are: 1) Shut up, acquire more debt and retrain into another profession. OR 2) Shut up, go over to <fill in random shitty paying job here> and fill out an app.....this will blow over in a few years. Protesting doesn't preclude one from working hard to find a job in their field. As long as they're making a solid effort to do so, I don't have a problem with the protests.

Yes they need a coherent message, but don't forget the demographic. They're new to the game of life. I think most fear that they'll actually get their ducks in a row at some point.

Agloco
10-11-2011, 11:14 AM
They want to overthrow capitalism.

You've ascertained this how exactly? Haven't you said that there's no coherent message coming from these folks?

Viva Las Espuelas
10-11-2011, 11:23 AM
You've ascertained this how exactly? Haven't you said that there's no coherent message coming from these folks?

Just look at the signs in the pics of the event. Look at the videos of the people saying it. It's really not that hard to ascertain.

Gutter92
10-11-2011, 11:39 AM

"The nose ring shows he's a failure"

?

:lmao

FuzzyLumpkins
10-11-2011, 12:21 PM
I dont believe people were shitting on cop cars during MLK's protests. Especially less than a month after the 10th year anniversary of 9/11 where I'm assuming they wept for the first responders i.e. cops, fireman, etc.

Someone watches Fox News. I have taken to watching it myself and these are their exact same talking points. Don't want to pay mortgage, assault on capitalism, the whole so close to 9/11 thing. Great to see you come up with ideas on your own.

What the fuck does 'overthrow capitalism' mean? I went looking for slogans and signs for nationalization of industry, price and wage fixes but did not see them. Between that and WC's weak ass attempt at McCarthyism I really have to love it.

While your dumbass parrots cable news, the legislation that Gramm and Clinton pimped to us in 1996 is still in force. Lenders can still derive mortgages into investments and then pass them off labeled as securities.

Why you ask? Because the law to reregulate the industry passed off actual regulations off to a board and the financier's PACs have spent the last three years amking sure that board does nothing.

People complain about the power of Wall St financiers and you turn to McCarthyism. You are part of the problem and not any solution.

Ginobilly
10-11-2011, 12:31 PM
just the fact imho, if you were a student from a foreign country and you have a BA degree your almost guaranteed a decent job however if you are a local student with a similar degree you have to spend one year or two just looking for a job. employers are givin more chances to immigrants then to local niggas, the gov supplies them immigrants with all sorts of financial aid while leaving the local students fucked in debt.

american parents, you're paying taxes to fund immigrants education, they will graduate with degrees and deprive your own children of the decent jobs that they're supposed to have. niggas lets all go out carrying your guns and shoot dem immigrants on sight, its time to take our country back to our hands niggas!!!

You know why though? Employers have seen over the years that immigrants are more hungrier and more dedicated in their work than today's Americans. When I used to work at Butterkrust (I worked in the shipping/receiving office)
I loved it when the staffing agencies would send us Mexican workers( I figured they were illegal, but the company would turn a blind eye) because these guys should show up to work every day, and on time, and wouldn't bitch or come with excuses. The local guys( consisted of katrina survivors and chicano thugs) that sometimes the company would send to load up product, would only show up to work for 3 days outta the week, lazy as fuck, came up with a shit load of excuses dealing with their welfare kids and wife on why they couldn't make it to work.

There's plenty of work out there in the U.S (construction, cleaning, warehouse, etc. even Mouse has a job now) just not little prissy white collar jobs though. And if there is an opening for one, there's like you said-50 applicants for one position and they usually give it to the Asian or Indian immigrant because they are more reliable.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Someone watches Fox News.actually I haven't in about a couple of months. Frankly that's all I read of your wall of text because of your ignorant assumption. I'd rather piss on a fan. :toast

FuzzyLumpkins
10-11-2011, 01:08 PM
actually I haven't in about a couple of months. Frankly that's all I read of your wall of text because of your ignorant assumption. I'd rather piss on a fan. :toast

As I stated this neo-McCarthyism is exactly what they are spouting atm.

As for the rest. I am fine with you inability to refute. I am not worried about convincing you. You are not my intended audience. I am just pointing out for everyone else why your McCarthyism is utter shit.

I will say the relationship between the PAC's and the re-regulation board has more to do their position than nationalizing industry and fixing prices. Its just a guess but quite a bit less than your sensationalist McCarthyism.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Inability l:loll
Refute l:loll

You're on a roll, Lumpy :toast

And when did I ever bring up McCarthyism?

FuzzyLumpkins
10-11-2011, 01:26 PM
They want to overthrow capitalism.

Then you have WC coupling with you and babbling about communists. Now you act coy.

Thats cute.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Just look at the signs in the pics of the event. Look at the videos of the people saying it. It's really not that hard to ascertain.

I have and did not see what you claim. Please be specific in pointing out which ones because perhaps I missed something.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-11-2011, 01:46 PM
I have and did not see what you claim. Please be specific in pointing out which ones because perhaps I missed something.

You claim that I'm claiming McCarthyism and communism just by pulling it out of your ass. Maybe you can pull the pics that I speak of out of your ass as well. I can be just as much of an ass as you. You decide. I'll follow.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-11-2011, 01:55 PM
You claim that I'm claiming McCarthyism and communism just by pulling it out of your ass. Maybe you can pull the pics that I speak of out of your ass as well. I can be just as much of an ass as you. You decide. I'll follow.

You said the occupy movements goal was to overthrow capitalsim. anticaptialist alarmism is McCarthyism you fucking dimwit.

So you will not stand by your claim of pictures that demonstrate a want to overthrow capitalism. Thats cute as well. I have not decided if you are intellectually lazy or dishonest yet. I am guessing its a bit of both.

You made that claim yet will not stand by it with support. How very telling.

Furthermore you spoke of crashing the stock market and how it would impact your 401k but what I don't get is why you still have kept your eggs in that basket. 2008 should have made you realize its a bad investment and to start looking for alternatives. I know I did.

But yeah the Occupy movement is at the root of those worries not a bloated top heavy market and how its currently run.

What a tool.

lefty
10-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Well....

Nice weather though

Viva Las Espuelas
10-11-2011, 02:04 PM
:golfclap

Vendetta
10-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Interesting thread it has become.

CosmicCowboy
10-11-2011, 03:36 PM
The interviews of the Occupy Wall Street protesters are pure comedy gold. I'm gonna hate it when the snow/winter comes.

hehateme
10-11-2011, 04:07 PM
our country's first revolution didn't start in one day...somethings definitely brewing but I don't see it going anywhere while most of the country turns a blind eye to our leadership and its corruption/payoffs.

Buddy Holly
10-11-2011, 05:53 PM
So your comparing that shit they're doing in wall street to the civil rights movement? Nice :toast

You do realize these fuckers aren't the first to protest the establishment right? They do that shit at NATO gatherings like every year. Are those fuckers changing the world?

Yes, I compared two as exactly the same thing. Does reading comprehension only suck for you and others when you need to stretch out your argument?

Sisk
10-11-2011, 06:02 PM
http://the53.tumblr.com/

Now that's my kind of movement.

JayTheClown
10-11-2011, 08:42 PM
Yes, I compared two as exactly the same thing. Does reading comprehension only suck for you and others when you need to stretch out your argument?

No, they are not the same. The civil rights movement fought for equality and injustice. MLK and his followers marched in the streets in peaceful protests in spite of backlash. MLK and his followers had an objectives they wanted to accomplish, and accomplished many of those objectives. whats the wall street crusader's objectives? They want to end capitalism? OK, Whats their solution to take the place of evil capitalism? They want to see bankers go to prison? OK, where is their evidence they committed a crime?

What they are doing is pointless

FuzzyLumpkins
10-11-2011, 09:33 PM
No, they are not the same. The civil rights movement fought for equality and injustice. MLK and his followers marched in the streets in peaceful protests in spite of backlash. MLK and his followers had an objectives they wanted to accomplish, and accomplished many of those objectives. whats the wall street crusader's objectives? They want to end capitalism? OK, Whats their solution to take the place of evil capitalism? They want to see bankers go to prison? OK, where is their evidence they committed a crime?

What they are doing is pointless

Okay now for contestant #2. Who said they wanted the end of capitalism? I see a whole lot of criticism towards capitalists which the removal of does not mean then end of free market economics. That neo-McCarthyism Coulterspeak is lame as hell.

Sisk
10-11-2011, 11:59 PM
ziu4BaBSnPg

Fast forward to 1:50

Wild Cobra
10-12-2011, 03:21 AM

He must have you confused with me.

Wild Cobra
10-12-2011, 03:30 AM
You said the occupy movements goal was to overthrow capitalsim. anticaptialist alarmism is McCarthyism you fucking dimwit.

You should actually review that history, because you are wrong. McCarthyism was misnamed as a slander and it stuck because CBS' Egbert Roscoe Murrow had the national voice. The "Red Scare" was another primarily democrat construction that later was blamed on republicans. You should look up some of the history of the time, like the HUAC (House Un-American Activities Committee). McCarthy was a senator, not a representative. McCarthy was only interested in exposing communist spys working in the government. When the Project Venona was unclassified in the late 90's, it confirmed almost everything McCarty claimed.

leemajors
10-15-2011, 10:14 AM
http://the53.tumblr.com/

Now that's my kind of movement.

what, a stupid one?

http://boingboing.net/2011/10/15/your-ascent-to-the-1-doesnt-mean-the-system-is-fair.html

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-15-2011, 10:25 AM
:lmao all these fucktarded college kids, "I have a political science major and a killer resume :cry:cry:cry"

The employer doesn't think your resume is killer seeing that you can't do jack shit with a political science degree

CubanSucks
10-15-2011, 02:34 PM
:lmao all these fucktarded college kids, "I have a political science major and a killer resume :cry:cry:cry"

The employer doesn't think your resume is killer seeing that you can't do jack shit with a political science degree

but.......corporate America..and...stuff..............

WARRIORNATION
10-16-2011, 01:56 AM
over half of them are clueless! LMAO they're morons!