PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ordered a phone through Amazon???

Viva Las Espuelas
10-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Just seeing what people's experiences are if they've done this. the Epic 4G Touch (galaxy s2) is $99 on there and I want to get it. I'm imagining that I'd have to send this back to Amazon or whatever company that will do customer service/support when I have problems with my phone. There goes the convenience. I have a problem paying $199 for a phone that's been out a while(in Europe). Also, I'll be a new Sprint customer so I don't know if that'll stink things up. Just want to see what all happens whenever I dont buy a phone through a carrier. Any info would be helpful.

ElNono
10-10-2011, 02:03 PM
We've bought from Amazon before. Are you buying this with a Sprint plan?
If you're buying it with a plan, Sprint should be able to service the phone for you if something happens.

I believe they send you the phone at that price, and you have to activate it with Sprint within a certain amount of time (30 days?), or your card gets billed for the full device price (whatever the penalty is, should say there). After that, it's a Sprint phone. Anything happens to it, you can take it to any Sprint shop and they should take care of it.

We ordered from Amazon a few years back and it was a VZW plan, but I doubt it's much different. Everything should be there on the fine print.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-10-2011, 02:14 PM
I'll definitely be buying it with a plan.

I ask this because a few months back when the Atrix came out, I went to an AT&T store and the guy basically told me that they(AT&T) couldn't help me with any repairs on the phone if I ever had any problems. I don't know if that's AT&T's policy or every carrier.

ElNono
10-10-2011, 02:34 PM
I'll definitely be buying it with a plan.

I ask this because a few months back when the Atrix came out, I went to an AT&T store and the guy basically told me that they(AT&T) couldn't help me with any repairs on the phone if I ever had any problems. I don't know if that's AT&T's policy or every carrier.

Head to a Sprint store and find out. We personally have not had problems with VZW recognizing the phone as theirs. I mean, the freaking phone should have the carrier logo on it.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
I plan on going over there and the phone does have a carrier logo on it. I just figured that there's a reason why you have to search for a better price on the phone especially when it's half off what's offered at the Sprint store.

ElNono
10-10-2011, 03:07 PM
I plan on going over there and the phone does have a carrier logo on it. I just figured that there's a reason why you have to search for a better price on the phone especially when it's half off what's offered at the Sprint store.

Is it a refurbished phone, maybe?

Viva Las Espuelas
10-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Nope. Brand spankin' new.

MannyIsGod
10-10-2011, 03:17 PM
Are you buying direct through Amazon Wireless or through Amazon and a 3rd party? Sprint should service your phone at a Sprint store as long as its in warranty regardless of where you bought it from. I would have no apprehension with buying DIRECTLY from Amazon but I probably would not buy from an affiliate.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-10-2011, 03:17 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005LHN47S/ref=mp_s_a_3?qid=1318277822&sr=8-3

Viva Las Espuelas
10-10-2011, 03:20 PM
That's a link I copy-pasted from my phone. Don't know if it'll direct you to a non-mobile site. I just saw here that this phone isn't available through the mobile site.

MannyIsGod
10-10-2011, 03:20 PM
You should have no problems going through Amazon Wireless directly. I've never done it but I buy so much crap from Amazon its ridiculous and I've never had a bad experience.

MannyIsGod
10-10-2011, 03:21 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Epic-Touch-Android-Sprint/dp/B005LHN47S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318277942&sr=8-1

Viva Las Espuelas
10-11-2011, 09:53 AM
I read the FAQ and it looks like I have to send it to amazon to have it serviced. Gonna see if I can get the Sprint salesman to budge on the price. :wakeup

ElNono
10-11-2011, 10:48 AM
That sucks. I doubt a dealer will match the price. good luck.

MannyIsGod
10-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Wow thats surprising but its a good thing you caught it beforehand. Shitty. 99 bucks is a great price.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Yeah I doubt he'll budge on the price. Who knows. I'll give it a shot. If not, I'll just have to weigh my options.