PDA

View Full Version : Son, what side are you on?

ElNono
10-10-2011, 11:11 PM
This is mainly pointed to BRHornet, but really, any Hornetfan feel free to answer.

Considering that your team is owned by Stern/NBA, does that mean you have pledged your allegiance with the owners in this lockout?

How does it feels like to finally be seemingly on the winning side? Are you already savoring what looks to be a sure victory?

God bless.

Giuseppe
10-10-2011, 11:16 PM
^El, serving as Luva's fart catcher.

ElNono
10-10-2011, 11:17 PM
^El, serving as Luva's fart catcher.

No means no, 'seppe.

Giuseppe
10-10-2011, 11:20 PM
That tact belongs to Luva, El. He invented it. He called BR on it first.

Quit stealin' people's shit, asshole.

ElNono
10-10-2011, 11:22 PM
That tact belongs to Luva, El. He invented it. He called BR on it first.

Quit stealin' people's shit, asshole.

He made a similar post/thread? If so, I missed it, and withdraw this thread.

Lock this up.

BRHornet45
10-10-2011, 11:22 PM
son the owners deserve the bigger piece of the pie

ElNono
10-10-2011, 11:23 PM

Son, you're a team player through and through. Props.

Giuseppe
10-10-2011, 11:24 PM
He made a similar post/thread? If so, I missed it, and withdraw this thread.

Lock this up.

Months ago.

BRHornet45
10-10-2011, 11:25 PM
Son, you're a team player through and through. Props.

son what are your thoughts on the NBA announcing another asterisk season like 1999 was?

ElNono
10-10-2011, 11:30 PM
son what are your thoughts on the NBA announcing another asterisk season like 1999 was?

son, with butthurt owners like Gilbert, I think there won't be a season. If we do have an asterisk season, then I really don't know. Unless the Spurs get two amnesty provisions to jettison RJ and Bonner, it probably won't make a difference to me. God bless you and your family, son.

ElNono
10-10-2011, 11:31 PM
Months ago.

Well, I don't stalk the NBA forums for children like you do. I just missed it.

CubanSucks
10-11-2011, 12:49 AM

attaboy :toast

that's your smarter white half talking

FuzzyLumpkins
10-11-2011, 01:05 AM

Very similar ethic to what Nietzsche dubbed a slave morality. You're somebody's bitch.

BRHornet45
10-11-2011, 01:31 AM
Very similar ethic to what Nietzsche dubbed a slave morality. You're somebody's bitch.

son its the owners who have invested billions of dollars (all together) in order to make the NBA even exist. The owners also represent the thousands of employees who work for all of the teams as well. Now you can bitch and moan with your "give me! give me! give me!" Democrat attitude, but it is the owners who have given these players a platform to play on and earn the ridiculous amounts of money that they are blessed to earn. Especially considering that at least half of the players in the NBA would more than likely be sitting in a prison cell or working at McDonalds if they couldn't ball.

To me it should be 60% to the owners/ thousands of team employees and 40% to the players. For every "star" player in the NBA, there are 10 scrubs getting overpaid.

spurs10
10-11-2011, 01:40 AM
son its the owners who have invested billions of dollars (all together) in order to make the NBA even exist. The owners also represent the thousands of employees who work for all of the teams as well. Now you can bitch and moan with your "give me! give me! give me!" Democrat attitude, but it is the owners who have given these players a platform to play on and earn the ridiculous amounts of money that they are blessed to earn. Especially considering that at least half of the players in the NBA would more than likely be sitting in a prison cell or working at McDonalds if they couldn't ball.

To me it should be 60% to the owners/ thousands of team employees and 40% to the players. For every "star" player in the NBA, there are 10 scrubs getting overpaid.
I know I'm paying over a hundred bucks a game in the chance I might see an owner. :greedy

BRHornet45
10-11-2011, 01:47 AM
I know I'm paying over a hundred bucks a game in the chance I might see an owner. :greedy

son you realize that most NBA teams rarely turn over a profit because of the outrageous salaries that the players command?

spurs10
10-11-2011, 02:05 AM
son you realize that most NBA teams rarely turn over a profit because of the outrageous salaries that the players command?
Actually, I do. The owners have been the ones offering these ridiculous contracts though. They probably aren't scrambling for rent either. I guess they are trying to protect themselves from themselves. I don't think there will be any NBA this season. That will definitely make it hard to turn a profit.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-11-2011, 03:02 AM

They own the clubs and as free Americans are entitled to negotiate on their own behalf in a free market. They are not entitled to any guarantee.

You sound the justifications from old southern planters. That you parrot their condescending tone is pretty sad.

BRHornet45
10-11-2011, 03:05 AM
They own the clubs and as free Americans are entitled to negotiate on their own behalf in a free market. They are not entitled to any guarantee.

You sound the justifications from old southern planters. That you parrot their condescending tone is pretty sad.

well then son do you believe the players are entitled to a guarantee? they already receive the majority of the revenue to begin with.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-11-2011, 03:14 AM
well then son do you believe the players are entitled to a guarantee? they already receive the majority of the revenue to begin with.

As free Americans I believe that the players are afforded the same right to negotiate on their own behalf in a free market.

The thing is that there are maybe 1500 men in the US with the skills, talent and experience required to play at the upper echelons of basketball. Scarcity raises cost.

The reason why I side with the players is because I do not believe that the owners are simply entitled to fix the market in their favor. The only one that is asking for the gimmee gimmee guarantee is ownership.

ElNono
10-12-2011, 12:09 AM
7-nc5kEx8nc&feature

tdZU-EY1evU