PDA

View Full Version : Good Game

Pistons < Spurs
06-14-2005, 10:55 PM
I know you all don't want to hear this, but I am so happy with the outcome. I feel like we finally showed you all DETROIT BASKETBALL. You all may not agree, but the first 2 games was NOT how this team typically plays. The energy level was there tonight. We made our typical hustle play. I've been a little embarrased by our first 2 games lack of effort. Hopefully we will continue to play at this level.

Our interior defense was huge tonight. We played Duncan solidly. Whether it was Ben,Sheed or even Dice. Our bigs finally made their persence known. Tp was doing his thing. Gotta give him props for that.

I wonder how bad Manu got hurt. He didn't seem to have the desire to take it to the hole like he usually does. Hopefully it wasn't because of the injury.

Overall our Defense was great. Blocking, stelaing, trapping. You name it, we did it.

I was glad to see Rips shot finally going down. As he said before, he's had plenty of openings, just hasn't finished. Well tonight he did.

I'm glad we made it a series again. Good to see it get more interesting. Thursday will be one hell of a game to watch.

Oh, and I finally got to change my sig!

ALVAREZ6
06-14-2005, 10:56 PM
I feel like we finally showed you all DETROIT BASKETBALL.
OK, first things first....if that was detroit basketball, then you guys suck.

The spurs sucked completely in every category and you still had to show off.

Second, I swear ill kill that annoying piece of shit announcer.

2centsworth
06-14-2005, 10:58 PM
Can't want for Thursday. Spurs took Detroit for granted tonight, unfortunately it's a trend in spurs history. Detroit wins next game I'll be impressed.

SouthernFried
06-14-2005, 10:58 PM
Good game...u took advantage of the situation.

The game was lost by the Spurs on one statistic...turnovers.

From the very first play..where manu made a weak pass and Ben hustled and got it...set the tone for the Spurs tonite.

Turnovers..turnovers...turnovers.

Detroit took advantage of Spurs sloppy passing....Kudos to them.

Spurs weakness is bad passing...been that way all year. If teams would play the passing lanes more, they'd get a lot more steals.

Dre_7
06-14-2005, 10:59 PM
For all those that call Manu a flopper, this game should have opened some eyes!!!!!

Ben is a bigger flopper then Manu. Either that or Tony is the strongest man on the court. :lol

Sense
I know you all don't want to hear this, but I am so happy with the outcome. I feel like we finally showed you all DETROIT BASKETBALL. You all may not agree, but the first 2 games was NOT how this team typically plays. The energy level was there tonight. We made our typical hustle play. I've been a little embarrased by our first 2 games lack of effort. Hopefully we will continue to play at this level.

Our interior defense was huge tonight. We played Duncan solidly. Whether it was Ben,Sheed or even Dice. Our bigs finally made their persence known. Tp was doing his thing. Gotta give him props for that.

I wonder how bad Manu got hurt. He didn't seem to have the desire to take it to the hole like he usually does. Hopefully it wasn't because of the injury.

Overall our Defense was great. Blocking, stelaing, trapping. You name it, we did it.

I was glad to see Rips shot finally going down. As he said before, he's had plenty of openings, just hasn't finished. Well tonight he did.

I'm glad we made it a series again. Good to see it get more interesting. Thursday will be one hell of a game to watch.

Oh, and I finally got to change my sig!

I believe this was less of a Spurs team instead of a normal detroit piston team.

The Spurs had nothing coming from Duncan and Ginobili..

That's where you got lucky, usually we don't get this many offensive fouls.. any team could've beaten them if the officiating prevented them from being aggressive..

I do believe your team did what they had to do..

but it should've been a 30 point win at the most... the best 2 players in these series didn't step up.

combs84
Not is the type of play that when us a championship, and is the kind of play that will make us back to back champs. Excellent defense, great shooting, great all around game. Everybody seemed to get invovled, as a Piston fan you got to love it. I wish the first 2 games could have been this good.

No reason to get down Spurs fans, your still up 2-1 and still hold the advantage. Even if you go down 3-2, its your series to lose. We simply outplayed you guys tonight like you guys did to us the first 2 games. Looks like its going to be a back and forth series. Hoorayy.

leemajors
06-14-2005, 11:01 PM
gift wrapped win. i have never seen so many unforced bad passes in one game.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-14-2005, 11:02 PM
You didn't win because of Detroit Pistons basketball. You won because 10 of 12 Spurs missed the bus.

combs84
06-14-2005, 11:02 PM
Right, we got lucky. Whatever you say man. Let this luck run us right to another championship.

combs84
06-14-2005, 11:04 PM
Man I thought you guys were different then other fans, I guess your true colors show when you lose huh?

dn0
06-14-2005, 11:04 PM
detroit played better than usual and san antonio sucked major ass, I'm not too worried.

NCaliSpurs
06-14-2005, 11:06 PM
Detroit was allowed to maim our passers.

Terrible officiating.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-14-2005, 11:06 PM
They blast other fans and then proceed to do the same things those other fans do. Classy...

jcrod
06-14-2005, 11:07 PM
Good game Detroit. You defense aggression payed off. Spurs got a little flustered and made stupid force passes. It won't happen again. I expected this game to go this way. Spurs still win in 5-6.

06-14-2005, 11:08 PM
Detroit was allowed to maim our passers.

Terrible officiating.

It's been like that all playoffs. You should be used to it by now.

jochhejaam
:nope :baby :cry

:cry :baby :nope

:lol :elephant :lol :elephant :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
Hey, it worked for your boy Rip. Go suck an egg.

Experiment2100
Good Game

Bullshit.

myhc
06-14-2005, 11:09 PM
A loss, any loss, is never one sided. It was a combination of the Spurs commiting real bad turnovers and Detroit hustling with steals and blocks. Tim and Manu were obviously playing like shit but Detroit definitely had something to do with it.

Kind of like when some Spurs fans were saying the reason Rip shot so poorly the first 2 games was solely due to Bruce's defense.

Browns_shadow
Right, we got lucky. Whatever you say man. Let this luck run us right to another championship.
Looks like someone would rather shove your olive branch up your ass. Good game, but it is just one, your still down in the series. :rolleyes and your classless banter are showing your true colors.

atlfan25
Man I thought you guys were different then other fans, I guess your true colors show when you lose huh?
some fans just lose their minds, they don't handle losses well.

Pistons < Spurs
They blast other fans and then proceed to do the same things those other fans do. Classy...

well fans will be fans....

It's not all of Spur Nation with this attitude......

jochhejaam
06-14-2005, 11:10 PM

We outscored you 75-52 to end the game and WE suck?

:lol :lol :lol :lol

King
Spurs fans just get bitter after losses. Detroit rolled in that game, plain and simple. Yeah...the Spurs played like shit, and a lot of it was unforced, but the Pistons capitalized on that. Just like the Spurs capitalized on Pistons playing like garbage in games one and two. Neither team has beat the other at its best.

Most people here picked the Spurs to win in five, six, or seven. They have to lose games sometime.

Bad game by San Antonio, good one by Detroit. It's a series, now.

combs84
Classless banter?? Where is that? Check the thread buddy.

MadDog73
Shit, I'm disappointed in my fellow Spurs fans, too. We lose one game, and everyone is ready to give up. Same old song and dance as the whole season. I hate being a Spurs fan on nights like this.

I guess I'm the only one with balls enough to give the Pistons credit for forcing turnovers and blocking the Hell out of us. The Pistons finally woke up and played defense, and the Spurs did not adjust.

That said, the Spurs rarely play two bad games in a row. I suspect Game 4 to be much closer (of course, I've been saying that all series, even in San Antonio).

I still think the Spurs will win the series in 6, like I predicted. Any Spurs fan stupid enough to expect a sweep didn't watch the Pistons very closely this year. I'm honestly pretty surprised by the anger from the fans. Pistons played a solid game, but you won't give them credit?

Oh, well, at least you guys can't blame Brent Barry for this loss. :rolleyes

jcrod
06-14-2005, 11:11 PM

Come one, this is the only thing I'll grip about you're post. Quit saying Bowen had nothing to do with him missing. Freaking players and fans a like can't admit when somebody's playing tuff defense on him. I guess Carmelo, Allen, Marion were getting the shots they wanted too, huh and missed them by coincidece??????

spursfan41
06-14-2005, 11:11 PM
San Antonio played like a bunch of pussies.They let a group of thugs push them around.Throw in some terrible officiating(both ways),lack of intensisty,and poor coaching.Coach Pop better get his team heads out of their asses.

goliath
06-14-2005, 11:12 PM
A win is a win.

Congrats Detroit.

But every game Tim has sucked he comes out a man possessed the next game. Just ask Denver and Seattle. Dont expect 14 points from TD again.

Same with Manu.

Fact is, when Tim and Manu both suck ass we lose. Doesnt matter if its Detroit or the Clippers. Doubt it happens again.

Spurs wont play this bad again. Ill actually admit that going into the 4th i thought the Spurs would win. Why? Because Detroit played about as good as they could and we played like crap for 3 q's but were only down 5. Unfortunatly the wheels fell off.

Detroit got one but dont get cocky. U still need the next 2. Spurs win one in Det this series is over. You took one step, still need 2 to go to make this a series.

Game 4 - Tim 30+, Manu 20+, Spurs win

Spurs in 5

Congrats Detroit. You get to be the champs one more game. Enjoy it while u can.

Boo
06-14-2005, 11:13 PM
Classless banter?? Where is that? Check the thread buddy.

And thats why your crowd chanted "Bullshit!"...

and shutup with the class stuff, it's getting annoying..

myhc
Shit, I'm disappointed in my fellow Spurs fans, too. We lose one game, and everyone is ready to give up. Same old song and dance as the whole season. I hate being a Spurs fan on nights like this.

I guess I'm the only one with balls enough to give the Pistons credit for forcing turnovers and blocking the Hell out of us. The Pistons finally woke up and played defense, and the Spurs did not adjust.

That said, the Spurs rarely play two bad games in a row. I suspect Game 4 to be much closer (of course, I've been saying that all series, even in San Antonio).

I still think the Spurs will win the series in 6, like I predicted. Any Spurs fan stupid enough to expect a sweep didn't watch the Pistons very closely this year. I'm honestly pretty surprised by the anger from the fans. Pistons played a solid game, but you won't give them credit?

Oh, well, at least you guys can't blame Brent Barry for this loss. :rolleyes

Uh, no. I see lots of people griping and disappointed which they should be. But I don't see anyone quitting on this team. Or if there are some, it sure isn't the majority.

And there are plenty of people giving the Pistons credit.

Ripper
its ok, i predicted Spurs in five :spin

im vRich

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-14-2005, 11:14 PM
C'mon Spurs fans, we played like sh1t but they also played a great game!!! Be a bit more gracious huh?

The Pistons outhustled, outshot and outdefended us in the 2nd half, no doubt about it. However, Pistons fans, I do think your guys were pretty dirty tonight. A lot of hard fouls some of which were borderline fragrant. Especially on Manu and Tony.

Game 4 will be a gem, I think it might be the first close game of the series.

Hope the Spurs bounce back from tonight with a good performance like they usually do.

spursfan41
06-14-2005, 11:14 PM
It's not that they lost,they lost and played terrible,especially in the 2nd half.There is no way the Spurs should've lost by 18 points.

combs84
06-14-2005, 11:15 PM
I'm not the one that said it. Wow, I thought this place was a great place to talk basketball. I'm finding out its not. Good luck to your team, im out of here. lata.

Pistons < Spurs
06-14-2005, 11:15 PM
Come one, this is the only thing I'll grip about you're post. Quit saying Bowen had nothing to do with him missing. Freaking players and fans a like can't admit when somebody's playing tuff defense on him. I guess Carmelo, Allen, Marion were getting the shots they wanted too, huh and missed them by coincidece??????

As I've said in many posts, Bowen has played great. I will never disrespect Bowen for his play. He's hassled the hell out of Rip. But Rip has still had plenty of good looks. Not to mention many easy layups that didn't go in.

NCaliSpurs
06-14-2005, 11:17 PM
It's been like that all playoffs. You should be used to it by now.

Maybe in the EAST.

SouthernFried
06-14-2005, 11:18 PM
I've seen tapes of previous games...Rip did NOT have a bunch of good looks...every single shot was contested..included layups. He shot lousy because of good D.

Tonite, he shot good becuase of good O. Came off screens well. Rasheed was killing Bruce on the picks...and if you look at them, a lot were moving...but, no biggie, it worked.

Rip did have one good move I liked. The one where Bowen gave him the baseline, Rip took it, and then Shot over Duncan as he came over to help. That was sweet.

MadDog73
06-14-2005, 11:20 PM
Uh, no. I see lots of people griping and disappointed which they should be. But I don't see anyone quitting on this team. Or if there are some, it sure isn't the majority.

And there are plenty of people giving the Pistons credit.

At the time I posted this, it was all nay-saying, "Spurs are fucking pussies", "Detroit just got lucky", etc.

That is a lame take.

jcrod
06-14-2005, 11:21 PM
As I've said in many posts, Bowen has played great. I will never disrespect Bowen for his play. He's hassled the hell out of Rip. But Rip has still had plenty of good looks. Not to mention many easy layups that didn't go in.

Disagree, Rip always had a hand in his face or Bowen running at him. This time he drove on him, body checked him, cleared some room and had good looks. Props to Rip, but Bowen was the lone reason the past two games, no good looks. The easy layups were with Tim, Horry or Nazr trying to block, wouldn't call that easy.

2centsworth
06-14-2005, 11:21 PM
you guys played well, don't be overly sensitive to the fact the spurs fans think our team could have played much better. Credit to Detroit.

N.Y. Johnny
06-14-2005, 11:23 PM
Great game for the Pistons they came out and did what they had to do, played well and got a win and got themselves on the board.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-14-2005, 11:30 PM
Yeah, don't run away Detroit fans.

Some of us have the good sense to know we were outplayed tonight.

Bring on game 4!

JustSpurs
06-14-2005, 11:31 PM
The Pistons did what they had to do...we just helped them alot

weebo
06-14-2005, 11:39 PM
Turnovers killed us--BOTTOMLINE. Some were forced some were not. Detroit came out with more urgency from the get go. The Spurs are going to have to match that energy next game otherwise will have the same outcome.

E20
06-14-2005, 11:39 PM
Good game!

Pistons played exteremly well. The 3Q up untill the 4Q (7:20) was fun to watch than the last 2 games when it looked the Spurs would just win it but, NOT AS FUN to watch the Spurs win a game.. I have to give credit to the Pistons D, they looked amazing during the 4 steals in a row they made with there full court press. Disappointed in mostly everybody tonight except for Tony, Brent and Bruce. No could really respond well to the energy Pistons brought. Spurs will bounce back and give Pistons a run for there money in Game 4. After all Spurs have to lose 2 here to win Game 6 at home.

samikeyp
06-15-2005, 12:05 AM
It's not all of Spur Nation with this attitude......

Thank you. Despite Combs responses to the contrary. A lot of us have given credit where it is due and that is to Detroit. The Pistons played better tonight and deserved to win. No excuses, no whining, adjust and move on to Game 4.

06-15-2005, 12:07 AM
The only thing that has surprised me is that all 3 games have been blowouts...

samikeyp
06-15-2005, 12:08 AM
very true.

baseline bum
06-15-2005, 12:31 AM
Ben Wallace was a monster tonight. He completely controlled this game on both ends. The Spurs were just run down and out of energy after the third quarter because they had to play defense for so much of this game. Detroit's time of possession from all of the offensive rebounds badly wore the Spurs down, and Wallace was the main reason. 6 offensive boards, and he owned Duncan tonight too. All I can do is tip my hat to Wallace and the Pistons for a hell of a game, and hope the Spurs do their homework and make sure he doesn't hit the glass like this Thursday.

Solid D
06-15-2005, 12:49 AM
Good effort by the Pistons tonight. They doubled Manu hard off the screen/rolls and Ben was able to roam and stay active. Ben played with a purpose.

Lindsey Hunter was very effective in pressuring the ball and making the entry tough.

Very poor contributions from Beno Udrih, Nazr Mohammed, & Glenn Robinson.
Unfocused and non-agressive play from Manu Ginobili & Tim Duncan, and in the second half from Brent Barry.
Good work by Parker, Rasho, Brent and Robert in the 1st half.

geerussell
06-15-2005, 12:51 AM
The x-factor to watch here is McDyess. It got overlooked in game 2 because of the blowout final score but he posted 15-7 off the bench in 24 mins. Game 3 he comes out with 12-9 in 19 mins.

He is the pistons bench, if he keeps up that kind of production it could be the difference.

Sek-cMan
06-15-2005, 12:53 AM
The only thing that has surprised me is that all 3 games have been blowouts...

A lot of that has to do with coaching.. Pop and LB, are very similar in coaching style. I caught my self screaming for a time out(unfortunately my TV didnt listen) to try and at least stop the bleeding. Pop at certain times lets things get out of hand as does LB. Before you know it we or Detroit are in a hole. Just my humble opinion. oh yeah good game Detriot.

DetroitFolly
06-15-2005, 05:17 AM
I wanted to chime in on the Rip/Bowen thing...

Games 1 and 2...Rip was playing right into Bowen's strenght. Don't try to pump fake, etc, and go one on one against that guy. He doesn't budge. He's a GREAT defender, a guy that does all the little stuff you want. I don't buy the "dirty player" tag that's been put on him by some opposing players. These pansies in the West complain when someone actually plays real defense against them. Someone tell Denver and Phoenix that half the game is trying to STOP the other team from scoring! :)

Anyway...the difference in game three was that Rip was shooting IMMEDIATELY after getting the ball off the screens. He didn't look to move in closer, or challenge Bowen directly. He used his speed to get open, and took the quick shot before Bowen could get a mitt in his face.

A key difference.

angel_luv
06-15-2005, 06:50 AM
The Pistons played the best and earned their win (although maybe not the streamers afterwards. What the????)

But... You had better watch out Detroit. My Spurs will be back Thursday.

Good guys in five! Go Spurs Go!

TheTruth
06-15-2005, 06:58 AM
The Pistons played the best and earned their win (although maybe not the streamers afterwards. What the????)

But... You had better watch out Detroit. My Spurs will be back Thursday.

Good guys in five! Go Spurs Go!
The streamers were hilarious. Kind of like when we had fireworks after beating the Lakers in the reg season a few years ago.

spvrs
06-15-2005, 07:00 AM
Good win by Detriot. They really made everything tough, Ben played great, Billups hit some big shots. Kudos.

And yes we have a bunch of pvssy fans like everywhere else.

angel_luv
06-15-2005, 07:01 AM
Guess Detroit felt they better celebrate while they have the chance.

spurster
06-15-2005, 07:37 AM
Great game by the Pistons. Their big pretty much stopped TD. A combination of sloppy play by the Spurs and aggressive defense by the Pistons created a lot of fast break points that put the game away. That sequence at the end of the 3rd quarter was the turning point.