10-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Where'd you smell it?

JayTheClown
10-11-2011, 09:25 PM
Where'd you smell it?

LOL, around my house. Somebody had to tell me what the smell was. :lol

Sisk
10-11-2011, 09:29 PM
:lol so strange to hear people from other states say things like that. My TA last semester was saying how she'd never seen a cow before (she's from NYC).

Dex
10-11-2011, 09:33 PM
:lol city folk.

BlackSwordsMan
10-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Drive by one that has been smashed and had its glands in the back of its asshole smashed open. That's fun.

pawe
10-11-2011, 09:34 PM
What kind of smell was it? like musky? Rotten? Garbage like?

IronMexican
10-11-2011, 09:37 PM
What do they smell like?

Dex
10-11-2011, 09:44 PM
What do they smell like?

Like dank, but not nearly as pleasing. Imagine mixing chronic with a fart.

tlongII
10-12-2011, 12:05 AM
It's actually hard for me to describe what a skunk smells like. Suffice it to say it's the most pungent, foul smell you will ever encounter.

Fpoonsie
10-12-2011, 12:08 AM

:lmao

I dunno why, but I just fucking lost it with this.

Well done.

DMC
10-12-2011, 12:14 AM
Had one spray my German Shorthaired Pointer a few weeks ago. You've never smelled anything until you have a frothing dog dragging a screaming skunk to where you are.

Sisk
10-12-2011, 12:14 AM

DMC
10-12-2011, 12:21 AM
It's actually hard for me to describe what a skunk smells like. Suffice it to say it's the most pungent, foul smell you will ever encounter.
Ask Kobe. He knows.

CubanSucks
10-12-2011, 12:28 AM
the only time I ever smell one is driving on the highway and I actually kinda enjoy it in a weird gasoline kinda way. I'm sure if I ever smell one more closely my mind would change

Boris
10-12-2011, 01:25 AM

TE
10-12-2011, 02:41 AM

I just had to log in to :lmao at this.

:rollin

Giuseppe
10-12-2011, 04:12 AM
Ask Kobe. He knows.

The shit bag showed him, sans 8.

tee, hee.

mojorizen7
10-12-2011, 05:57 AM

Perfect :toast

benefactor
10-12-2011, 06:19 AM
lol...that's pretty close Dex. I'd probably add that old piss smell from someone whose pissed all over a toliet to the formula too though. All three together is just about right.

cantthinkofanything
10-12-2011, 07:45 AM
Had one spray my German Shorthaired Pointer a few weeks ago. You've never smelled anything until you have a frothing dog dragging a screaming skunk to where you are.

this. same for my two dogs. the smell you get passing one on the road is about 1/1000th of a close encounter.

CosmicCowboy
10-12-2011, 08:31 AM
this. same for my two dogs. the smell you get passing one on the road is about 1/1000th of a close encounter.

The worst thing about the dog getting a direct hit is that it is so strong at first it doesn't smell like skunk. Up close it just fries your sense of smell. My heeler got hit recently and she was already back in the bedroom pawing and rubbing her face on the bedspread before the scent dispersed enough to smell like "skunk".

BTW, you guys with dogs, you can mix a bottle of lemon scented dish soap with a quart of hydrogen peroxide and it will take the smell right out...rub it in their coat, let it foam and leave it on for a few minutes, then rinse off. Works amazingly well.

cantthinkofanything
10-12-2011, 08:45 AM
The worst thing about the dog getting a direct hit is that it is so strong at first it doesn't smell like skunk. Up close it just fries your sense of smell. My heeler got hit recently and she was already back in the bedroom pawing and rubbing her face on the bedspread before the scent dispersed enough to smell like "skunk".

BTW, you guys with dogs, you can mix a bottle of lemon scented dish soap with a quart of hydrogen peroxide and it will take the smell right out...rub it in their coat, let it foam and leave it on for a few minutes, then rinse off. Works amazingly well.

Ours were hit on the back porch. We heard them barking and within seconds our living room became filled with the stench. This is with the windows and doors completely closed. That stuff made it through the very smallest spaces. It took about a week with doors and windows open to get rid of the smell. The dogs were pretty old so we were ready to get rid of them anyway.

CosmicCowboy
10-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Ours were hit on the back porch. We heard them barking and within seconds our living room became filled with the stench. This is with the windows and doors completely closed. That stuff made it through the very smallest spaces. It took about a week with doors and windows open to get rid of the smell. The dogs were pretty old so we were ready to get rid of them anyway.

:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow

You offed the dogs because they got sprayed by a skunk?

cantthinkofanything
10-12-2011, 09:01 AM
:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow

You offed the dogs because they got sprayed by a skunk?

Of course not. Still have them both...18 and 12 years old. But it took a while for that smell to go away.

DMC
10-12-2011, 06:43 PM

I always carry a gallon of tomato juice with me. It seems to do the trick. Doesn't the hydrogen peroxide and lemon juice dry your dog's skin? Probably the last thing on your mind at that time I imagine. Sounds like good advice, I will give it a shot next time (hopefully there won't be one but we know it will happen again).

"She" rides in the back of the truck for a few weeks after that happens. She's been snake trained, but she cannot resist sticking her nose into a skunk's hideout.

CosmicCowboy
10-13-2011, 10:14 AM
Tomato juice is almost worthless. The mix I use is golden...I'm talking complete wipeout of smell. Like good enough to sleep in my bed the same night. Never noticed any skin issues and fur is clean and soft.