PDA

View Full Version : Would MJ Have Won As Many Titles Had He Faced A Prime Duncan

Koolaid_Man
10-12-2011, 07:41 AM
:lol

:downspin:

if Duncan > Malone then it should stand to reason MJ would have 2 less titles...:lol

while you're tossing this around..keep in mind what Kobe did to Duncan head to head...

4-1 I think...:lol

stretch
10-12-2011, 12:25 PM
rofl winning 3 rings in the NBA's weakest 6 year span in the past 30 years. 1998-2004

Koolaid_Man
10-12-2011, 12:34 PM
rofl winning 3 rings in the NBA's weakest 6 year span in the past 30 years. 1998-2004

So.....what do you call this past year. :lol

Giuseppe
10-12-2011, 01:03 PM

I never qualify 'em. I just tote 'em up.

It's my religion.

Jodelo
10-12-2011, 01:03 PM
So.....what do you call this past year. :lol

Sweep!

Gutter92
10-12-2011, 01:17 PM
crofl ^

Giuseppe
10-12-2011, 01:19 PM
& 8.

tee, hee.

dunkman
10-12-2011, 01:53 PM
Well Pop outcoached Phil once in his career, and he constantly does more than expected with limited talent. That would be a positive factor, because Phil Jax outcoached Bulls opponents.

However, when Duncan was in his prime in '03, the team didn't have enough prime players to beat any of the championship Bulls teams. The '03 team used to lose leads easily. The best Spurs team was probably the '05 team, Duncan was still in his prime but he played injured during the playoffs. Parker / Manu / Bowen / Horry / Duncan + Pop. The '99 team had great front court with Duncan and past prime Robinson and Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_, but the backcourt Avery and Ellie wasn't great, those players couldn't drive, making the offense too predictable, that backcourt couldn't guard and Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ had lost a step.

Horace Grant was solid defensive player and also good rebounder. When was younger he had some offensive game too. But I'm not sure if Rodman or any 90's Bulls center could have guarded Duncan, though.

On the other hand, while Bowen used to make prime Kobe play bad often, the problem is that if Kobe has shoots better and is more athletic, MJ was much stronger and Bowen struggled guarding players like 'Melo for example. And it's not clear who would guard Pippen. Or sixth man Kukoc. MJ was much smarter player than Kobe.

Pippen was at least as good as Bowen on defense, MJ was a great defender on his own right, they would have definitely completely disrupted Manu and Parker, even without a big behind to cover mistakes or where to funnel.

Duncan would most probably get his points, but it's not clear who else would except '99 Robinson. So, all in all, the Spurs probably wouldn't have won titles against the championship Bulls teams because of the match-ups.

stretch
10-12-2011, 02:28 PM
I never qualify 'em. I just tote 'em up.

It's my religion.

exactly my point. rings are rings. to win a ring, you almost always have to go through very tough competition to get there, with the 2007 Spurs being a rare exception.

nevitt_&_smrek
10-16-2011, 04:38 AM
Probably. No chance refs/stern allow Cows to lose to Sp*rs.

LkrFan
10-16-2011, 05:23 AM

:downspin:

if Duncan > Malone then it should stand to reason MJ would have 2 less titles...:lol

while you're tossing this around..keep in mind what Kobe did to Duncan head to head...

4-1 I think...:lol

Spur_Fanatic
10-16-2011, 11:34 AM
No one could stop MJ. Not even Duncan. And if the Lakers could beat themselves by ego, there would have been no need for MJ to do so (he would have crapped over them anyway).

Giuseppe
10-16-2011, 11:43 AM
No one could stop MJ.

Don't give me that shit. MJ languished for 7 years. Trying to overcome & find the way. MSM was all over his ass. Then Pippen & Jackson helped him and the rest is history.

Spur_Fanatic
10-16-2011, 11:54 AM
Say what you want.

I've yet seen no player that could match with him.

Giuseppe
10-16-2011, 12:09 PM
Say what you want.

I've yet seen no player that could match with him.

Because you've chosen to ignore the previous and dwell on the greatest. I understand that. That's what MSM wants and you got in that line. When MSM wanted to high tech lynch MJ nobody could sway them otherwise.

It's a different league now, a different set now, a different world now, a different end now. Nobody is left out. All the players are protected. Even the dregs are babysat & looked after. Nobody is jettisoned. No child is left behind now. They're all "honor students" at the NBA School. Too much money is at stake to be dilly-dalleying about cutting somebody to ribbons over murder, mayhem, rape, & whatnot. I frankly enjoyed it the other way. Then when my people overcame that MSM mountain ('85) I felt a keen sense of vindication. I wanted to feel likewise in '09, but, Kobe was never hung up by his PF Flyers for Colorado. Sure, there was some distant rumblings by Media, but, they were quickly drowned out by the hue & cry of MSM. Only "you guys" treated Kobe less than quality. So the payoff in '09 was anticlimatic.

midnightpulp
10-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Because you've chosen to ignore the previous and dwell on the greatest. I understand that. That's what MSM wants and you got in that line. When MSM wanted to high tech lynch MJ nobody could sway them otherwise.

It's a different league now, a different set now, a different world now, a different end now. Nobody is left out. All the players are protected. Even the dregs are babysat & looked after. Nobody is jettisoned. No child is left behind now. They're all "honor students" at the NBA School. Too much money is at stake to be dilly-dalleying about cutting somebody to ribbons over murder, mayhem, rape, & whatnot. I frankly enjoyed it the other way. Then when my people overcame that MSM mountain ('85) I felt a keen sense of vindication. I wanted to feel likewise in '09, but, Kobe was never hung up by his PF Flyers for Colorado. Sure, there was some distant rumblings by Media, but, they were quickly drowned out by the hue & cry of MSM. Only "you guys" treated Kobe less than quality. So the payoff in '09 was anticlimatic.

Because the bone with the most meat on it was from the Faber side of things, casting her as the antagonist, while portraying Kobe as something of a hapless victim who was manipulated and seduced by an immoral tart.

In a post-OJ world, the MSM knew that "Black Athlete Rapes White Woman" wouldn't be the headline that would sell the most tickets. Politically correct America was tired of the black man as perpetrator, even if was true or not. Americans wanted something new, and the MSM obliged by giving that poor Faber girl a villain's top hat and mustache.

Only us Spurfans were able to see through the farce, and it's why we begrudge Kobe to this day.

He raped.

Giuseppe
10-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Only us Spurfans were able to see through the farce, and it's why we begrudge Kobe to this day.

He raped.

Like Neal raped. You had the high ground, but, fled the same side door that "we" used at Eagle. That high ground was wonderful at 4-3 after '07. (you high & mighty fuckers lookin' down at everybody, but, especially us). It was not enough though after '09 at 4-4 with Duncan's leg dead in the ground. So you made a millionaire of a rapist and it after you did so, the world kept goin' round.

midnightpulp
10-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Like Neal raped. You had the high ground, but, fled the same side door that "we" used at Eagle. That high ground was wonderful at 4-3 after '07. (you high & mighty fuckers lookin' down at everybody, but, especially us). It was not enough though after '09 at 4-4 with Duncan's leg dead in the ground. So you made a millionaire of a rapist and it after you did so, the world kept goin' round.

Look at this girl:

Angelic, radiant, wholesome, innocent.

http://i.fanpix.net/images/orig/0/m/0m3pyzv6kn060nv.jpg

Kobe sullied that, and in a miscarriage of justice, was never punished.

Giuseppe
10-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Look at this girl:

Angelic, radiant, wholesome, innocent.

http://i.fanpix.net/images/orig/0/m/0m3pyzv6kn060nv.jpg

Kobe sullied that, and in a miscarriage of justice, was never punished.

Bryant chose wisely a junkyard dog mouthpiece, and then chose wisely again when he released the choker chain and turned her loose inside an Eagle courtroom.

Though reportedly he came this || close to losing Mackey when he did the press conference with his wife. Mackey threatened to resign the retainer if he went thru with it, but, obviously she did not.

TDMVPDPOY
10-16-2011, 01:25 PM
jordan played against shitty defenders at his position, those wannabe jordan stoppers during the 90s, none of them made it to any all defensive teams, so how can you call urself a jordan stopper....