PDA

View Full Version : Blair released by Russian team Krasnye Krylya Samara

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-12-2011, 03:12 PM
http://www.sportando.net/eng/europe/russia/31731/krasnye_krylya_samara_released_dejuan_blair.html

Krasnye Krylya Samara released DeJuan Blair

Krasnye Krylya Samara released today Spurs PF DeJuan Blair. The experience of the player in Russia lasted just few weeks. As per the official website of Samara, the contract with Blair expired at the end of VTB League and FIBA Eurochallenge Qualification Rounds and the two parts decided not to renew it. Blair will fly back to States on Thursday.

"DeJuan helped us to to get to the main draw of VTB League. It was the most important goal for us for the first part of the season. We thank him for the brilliant performances he had in these games" said GM of Samara Sergey Timofeyev.

"My trip to Russia and the performances with the team have been great and very interesting for me. It will be an unforgettable experience. In Russia I have lived in a different culture and the girls are just incredibly beautiful. I found not only a strong team but also good friends that I will visit one day, maybe next summer. In the last games maybe the team was not able to show its potential but I am sure the team is strong. I will follow Samara also from America" said Blair.

Blair has played 3 games in VTB League averaging 16ppg and 6.7rpg and also one game in PBL in which he scored 14 points and grabbed 4 rebounds

Bruno
10-12-2011, 03:31 PM
TP's team in France could be a good option for Blair. He won't make as much money as in Russia but he will be in a better environment.

in2deep
10-12-2011, 03:39 PM
yup Russian girls are :tu

Hooks
10-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Blair=Euro league MVP!

weebo
10-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Only a few weeks, huh? Guess Dejuan really missed those Whataburgers.

TimmehC
10-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Blair=Euro league MVP!

They had to send him home before he embarassed the entire continent with his dominance.

Texas_Ranger
10-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Blair=Euro league MVP!

His team in Russia is not that good, and they played in Eurochallenge Qualification which is a a level 3 competition in Europe. So he was very far from Euroleague.

benefactor
10-12-2011, 05:44 PM
coGyRH8SQhA

LkrFan
10-12-2011, 07:40 PM
coGyRH8SQhA

Agreed and CROFL at the Spurs' starting center being cut by the Russians! :rollin

lefty
10-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Not surprising, considering his size, shitty jumper and all the zone D they play in Europe

chazley
10-12-2011, 09:19 PM
He didn't get cut, his contract ended. Sounds like they mutually agreed to not renew it. The first sentence of the article is misleading.

hater
10-12-2011, 09:54 PM
yup

probably too much money to renew + Blair might have wanted to come back. He did score 23 and 12 in at least 1 game I heard. So no, I don't think he sucked.

LkrFan
10-12-2011, 10:24 PM
He didn't get cut, his contract ended. Sounds like they mutually agreed to not renew it. The first sentence of the article is misleading.

yup

probably too much money to renew + Blair might have wanted to come back. He did score 23 and 12 in at least 1 game I heard. So no, I don't think he sucked.

:downspin: that shiiiiittttt!!! Weeeeeeeeee!!! :downspin:

:lol

Venti Quattro
10-12-2011, 11:35 PM
Where the fuck is Manu_Forever when you need him?

lol mendicating from Germany for internet.

wildbill2u
10-13-2011, 08:27 AM
well if the contract wasn't renewed after only a few games then you have to believe that someone didn't feel they were getting their money's worth.

cheguevara
10-13-2011, 09:36 AM
He was impregnating white russian women left and right. Medvedev and Putin could not take it anymore.

redzero
10-13-2011, 11:09 AM
Only a few weeks, huh? Guess Dejuan really missed those Whataburgers.

I thought Splitter was Euroleague MVP.

TimmehC
10-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Where the fuck is Manu_Forever when you need him?

Where's the nearest goat farm to his house?

Stalin
10-13-2011, 04:09 PM
you can have this scrub blair, tbh

Killakobe81
10-13-2011, 04:32 PM
http://www.sportando.net/eng/europe/russia/31731/krasnye_krylya_samara_released_dejuan_blair.html

Krasnye Krylya Samara released today Spurs PF DeJuan Blair. The experience of the player in Russia lasted just few weeks. As per the official website of Samara, the contract with Blair expired at the end of VTB League and FIBA Eurochallenge Qualification Rounds and the two parts decided not to renew it. Blair will fly back to States on Thursday.

"DeJuan helped us to to get to the main draw of VTB League. It was the most important goal for us for the first part of the season. We thank him for the brilliant performances he had in these games" said GM of Samara Sergey Timofeyev.

"My trip to Russia and the performances with the team have been great and very interesting for me. It will be an unforgettable experience. In Russia I have lived in a different culture and the girls are just incredibly beautiful. I found not only a strong team but also good friends that I will visit one day, maybe next summer. In the last games maybe the team was not able to show its potential but I am sure the team is strong. I will follow Samara also from America" said Blair.

Blair has played 3 games in VTB League averaging 16ppg and 6.7rpg and also one game in PBL in which he scored 14 points and grabbed 4 rebounds

Who says that? :rollin

Translation: Russian groupies > Big city US groupies> small market US groupies

Mel_13
10-13-2011, 04:42 PM
Who says that? :rollin

Well, if you've ever heard Blair give an interview or ever read one of his tweets, you know that he didn't say any of that. At least not in those words. Somebody prepared a quote to be attributed to him.

DMC
10-13-2011, 05:33 PM

"Shoot... naw I was like... you know... I mean it was fun and I made some friends you know... I was like... nah... but the girls... damn... they fine as shit you know and all that but... nah... ahhh shit... it is what it is... " said Blair.

translated back

ChumpDumper
10-14-2011, 06:19 AM
Nope. Never was.Of course he was.

You're a liar.

Mel_13
10-15-2011, 06:33 AM
So......the world's best basketball players play in the NBA. Thanks, KBP.

Mel_13
10-15-2011, 07:15 AM
Scoring king Marcus Brown retires

After filling the baskets across Europe for the past decade, Euroleague Basketball's all-time leading scorer Marcus Brown is walking away from the game at age 37.

http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/88069/180/scoring-king-marcus-brown-retires

Really? Maurcus Brown is the all-time leading scorer in Euroleague history?

lol Euroleague level

Mel_13
10-15-2011, 07:54 AM
He is not the all time leading scorer of Euroleague

Euroleague Basketball's all-time leading scorer Marcus Brown
http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/88069/180/scoring-king-marcus-brown-retires

Argue with the official website of the Euroleague.

Mel_13
10-15-2011, 08:00 AM
KBP denying the facts. That's never happened before.

Yet, the facts remain:

http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/44607/180/item

Mel_13
10-15-2011, 08:16 AM
http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/44607/180/item

ChumpDumper
10-15-2011, 09:28 AM
So Greek players have basically destroyed their brand by sucking so horribly in the NBA.

Jodelo
10-15-2011, 09:38 AM
Use your brain for once. I know you can do it. Because right now you are embarrassing yourself.

So, who is the all-time leading scorer?

BoricuaCJA
10-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Use your brain for once. I know you can do it. Because right now you are embarrassing yourself.
Who's the all time leading scorer then???

Stalin
10-15-2011, 02:59 PM
Blair is a 3rd string big, an nba scrub, basically. Only pop was dumb enough to start him, he came to his senses eventually. So much for the blair experiment.

SCdac
10-15-2011, 07:25 PM
I could be way off. But I wouldn't even be surprised if the Spurs front office - under the table - encouraged Blair or were ok with him going overseas to player. Spurs are such an international organization. A player like him with weight issues could use some competitive basketball. could be wrong though. his NBA contract relative to other players is super small, maybe he's desperate for cash.

sefant77
10-15-2011, 10:36 PM
Wondering if he bought more burger or hookers during his weeks there...

ChumpDumper
10-16-2011, 05:31 AM
The point is -- Marcus Brown.

Think about that.

Marcus Brown.