PDA

View Full Version : anyone been watching American Horror Story?

Cant_Be_Faded
10-12-2011, 11:48 PM
still dunno what to think

kinda meh so far

that preggo mistress student chick was fiiiiiine though

JudynTX
10-14-2011, 10:26 AM
Very dark. I'm not sure what to think of it yet, just keep showing Dylan's ass. :tu

Viva Las Espuelas
10-14-2011, 11:04 AM
Still haven't watched but it's on the DVR. Looks a little Lynch-y. No racist.

mrsmaalox
10-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Very dark. I'm not sure what to think of it yet, just keep showing Dylan's ass. :tu

I had to look up the cast members because when you said "Dylan", I thought "Bob Dylan"----and that would just be ewwwww..........

Spurminator
10-14-2011, 11:26 AM
Saw the first episode. Second one on DVR. I'm afraid it's going to be too much "scary scene for the sake of a scary scene" with very little care on what any of it actually means or where it's all going.

Looks like it's going to be pretty much mindless popcorn horror, but that's not always a bad thing.

PM5K
10-14-2011, 01:41 PM
I was thinking more strange for the sake of being strange. But it's nothing else, it's not funny, compelling, interesting, I mean there's just nothing there to make me want to continue seeing it, it's just weird and I'm not sure that's enough.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-14-2011, 02:06 PM
That sucks if that's a close assessment. Weird for the sake of being "weird" is just lazy. Hopefully I'll check 'em out this weekend.

PM5K
10-14-2011, 02:54 PM
Well opinions are like assholes, I know some people like it.

It just wasn't funny to me, it wasn't scary, it wasn't intriguing, and I have virtually no reason to tune back in next week, except maybe seeing what happens with the pregnant ex girlfriend, but I personally like a show where I can't wait to find out what happens with a bunch of plot lines, and in this case I'm not even that interested in seeing what happens with the ex.

Oh, Gee!!
10-14-2011, 04:35 PM
I like it

cantthinkofanything
11-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Just got caught up on this show. Not bad at all.

JayTheClown
11-02-2011, 04:19 PM
its ok

dirk4mvp
11-02-2011, 05:35 PM
It's decent enough to watch. The younger maid that the husband scro sees should be on the screen at all times in every scene.

Spurminator
11-02-2011, 05:44 PM
My original thoughts still hold true, but I still like it and look forward to it every week.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-02-2011, 05:57 PM
I think its setting us up for a sixth sense / the others type ending where the family is dead and ghosts and they don't realize it. That dude has already killed his family he just re living it. Overall i'm tired of this show, its a PG13 True Blood especially after the unnecessary gay near blow job scene. Only reason for sticking with it is my chick says we only DVR shows that I am into.

JayTheClown
11-02-2011, 06:07 PM
I think its setting us up for a sixth sense / the others type ending where the family is dead and ghosts and they don't realize it. That dude has already killed his family he just re living it. Overall i'm tired of this show, its a PG13 True Blood especially after the unnecessary gay near blow job scene. Only reason for sticking with it is my chick says we only DVR shows that I am into.

Then why do all the other ghosts around them realize they are ghosts? Also the family is able to go outside the house. They fly in planes to visit ex mistresses. They go to school and get bullied etc....Can ghosts do that? I think your theory is to simple and predictable. I think (I hope) it is a lot more to this show then that.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Then why do all the other ghosts around them realize they are ghosts? Also the family is able to go outside the house. They fly in planes to visit ex mistresses. They go to school and get bullied etc....Can ghosts do that? I think your theory is to simple and predictable. I think (I hope) it is a lot more to this show then that.

eh, simple and predictable theory for a simple show

it's been relying on scary background music and loud sharp noises for the past two episodes...

cantthinkofanything
11-02-2011, 11:56 PM
eh, simple and predictable theory for a simple show

it's been relying on scary background music and loud sharp noises for the past two episodes...

I liked all the episodes until tonight's. Way overdone. Hopefully it was because of Halloween. But I have doubts they can keep it interesting without going over the top.

Death In June
11-03-2011, 12:55 AM
The dialogue is pretty atrocious so far, and the motivations and characters are all kind of stupid and poorly acted, but I'm willing to watch it a while longer because I dig the whole serialized ghost story thing. I doubt it gets any better though and I'll probably lose interest after a few more episodes as the plot threads become increasingly more retarded.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-03-2011, 06:12 PM
I really like the mom though. She's like the perfect combination of old and hot.

cantthinkofanything
11-18-2011, 02:56 PM
yes

stretch
11-18-2011, 03:08 PM
http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/artwork/hires/mars_interior.jpg

scott
11-18-2011, 03:22 PM
I like it. Young maid makes my pants happy.

4>0rings
12-02-2011, 01:19 AM
What the fuck is up with the husband and wife seeing different faces for different people?

Agreed, that young redhead flapper needs more tuna surfing scenes.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-02-2011, 01:47 AM
This show moves up and then moves down every other week.

I don't believe what Tate's mom said earlier how Tate doesn't understand he's a ghost. Bull fucking shit.

And it's so stupid that the hot psychology mistress ghost understands how everything in the ghost world works after 1 month, meanwhile the hot 1890's blonde mom ghost is interacting with ghosts for over 100 years and still doesn't know shit.

And the hot psychology mistress ghost making another ghost outta the old lady's boytoy made me roll my eyes....this show's becoming a Ghost Soap Opera.

But I'll stick with it til the season's end. If there's a good payoff, I'll watch next season. It's dominating Wednesday Cable TV Ratings, so, surely there's another one coming.

Death In June
12-10-2011, 07:00 AM
Great twist at the end. Didn't see it coming. They gave a reason for the Harmons to stay in the house without it being stupid and contrived.

scott
12-10-2011, 10:50 AM
This show found the one of the only ways I'd ever pass up a 3-some involving that hot young red-headed maid:

Get alien-headed Mina Survari involved in it.

Death In June
12-23-2011, 05:26 PM
Season finale was this week. Shows had an interesting story arch for the first season. I'm getting more of a beetleguise vibe from the whole thing now.

scott
12-23-2011, 06:51 PM
Kinda pissed I watched all season just for a stupid ass Christmas special. Worst. Payoff. EVAR.

Supposedly season 2 will have a whole new cast and different story.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-24-2011, 11:47 PM
holy jeebus the season finale was a total joke
can't believe i stuck with this show