PDA

View Full Version : Spurs #NBARank

chazley
10-13-2011, 10:20 PM
Never thought I would say this, but I believe the media gave Manu and Tony appropriate ranks, but severely overrated Duncan. Tim was a top 30 player last year, but to rank him 18 is definitely overvaluing him, especially seeing the difference between a Zach Randolph (20) and Duncan in the playoffs.

Spurs were massive losers in this lockout. It was quite obvious that R.C. was going to make drastic changes this summer, mostly through trades, and we were not able to have a full summer to do that. These NBARanks I believe are more than fair, but what it points out to me is that fact that you can't win a title with the 17,18,28th best players in the NBA being your top 3. You have to have at least one top five guy, or a guy that is at least performing as a top 5 guy, plus 2 other guys who are playing top 20 ball. We don't have that anymore. We needed this offseason badly, but unfortunately, we'll never get the time we needed to work the phones and improve our team. This team is setup to go to the second round, and with the right matchup, get to the Western Conference Finals, but they don't have enough to get over the hump.

I still believe we would've come out of the West last year if Manu doesn't get hurt. We basically forfeited home court because Manu couldn't play Game 1, and Memphis was the only team last year that could've beaten us. We would've beat the Lakers and annihilated the Mavericks.

Hooks
10-13-2011, 10:21 PM
Matt Bonner sucks.

Stalin
10-13-2011, 10:57 PM
do you have a bonner prediction for when the season starts? will he be getting hot in this seasons playoffs?

chazley
10-13-2011, 11:48 PM
Yea, god forbid we have the best 3 point shooter in the league on a team that lives and dies by threes. Keep up the bashing it makes you guys sound real intelligent.

Nathan89
10-13-2011, 11:55 PM
#1 poster already said he was wrong about Bonner.

Dex
10-13-2011, 11:59 PM
Yea, god forbid we have the best 3 point shooter in the league on a team that lives and dies by threes. Keep up the bashing it makes you guys sound real intelligent.

When that 3 point shooter is a player that should be defending the post and grabbing rebounds, then...yes, please. God forbid it.

Dex
10-14-2011, 12:10 AM

By the way, if you are going to question others' intelligence, you probably shouldn't do it with a run-on sentence. Just sayin'.

baseline bum
10-14-2011, 01:22 AM
When did the Spurs trade for Ray Allen?

MR.SILVER&BLack
10-14-2011, 02:36 AM
the pistons won in 04 without a top 10 player. they won as a team & destroyed shaq & kobe.

the spurs are missing 1 piece that would make them legit contenders for the title and thats another big that can start next to duncan and play 25-30 mins a game. other than that, the spurs are set.

therealtruth
10-14-2011, 12:05 PM
The Spurs didn't give it their best shot last season. Their best shot would have been to have integrated Splitter into the starting lineup. Have Dice come of the bench with Blair and have Bonner play spot minutes. They also should have looked to push the pace more and focus on playing better defense.

TDMVPDPOY
10-14-2011, 12:41 PM
tim still has it

dont let the memphis series fool you he had a shit series....when he wanted his stats he got it without trying, it was when the offense went away from him or him looking at distributing that cost us the games...

Mel_13
10-14-2011, 06:33 PM
#18 Manu Ginobili

#121 Vince Carter

That's about right.