PDA

View Full Version : Splitter or Asik?

TDMVPDPOY
10-14-2011, 09:46 AM
both were nba rookies last season, so whose the better center from the two?...and potential wise for the future...

asik per 36
8.3ppg 11.1rpg 2bpg

splitters per 36
13.6ppg 9.8rpg 0.8bpg

hater
10-14-2011, 10:32 AM
hard to tell. Asik got plenty more minutes than Splitter so got more experience and fluorished in the playoffs.

Splitter never really had a chance. Similar players. Splitter better footwork, Asik more height and shotblocking.

Mel_13
10-14-2011, 11:27 AM
Both are better than Bourousis.

TimmehC
10-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Asik is a defensive monster, but I don't think we've really seen what either of them can do yet.

TDMVPDPOY
10-14-2011, 12:43 PM
defensive monster as in blocks per game is misleading

spliter takes charges and his man to man defense is really good when his in position..

Anonymous Cowherd
10-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Splitter; because Asik will probably never be a potent attacker, but Splitter should become a good defensive and attacking presence

TDMVPDPOY
10-14-2011, 01:22 PM
havnt checkd up rashos, nazr and obertos stats

but splitter is avg the same sort of stats when those guys were gettin regular minutes...

whether thats his ceiling we dont know, but not expecting much production from him, as long he posts up those type of numbers we usually get from previous centers the spurs had last few seasons, then his doing a good job replicating it....

hence if you look at all previous rookies the spurs drafted and got rid of the veterans on the team, all seem to be hovering the same sort of production interlapping each other besides ghill who got starter minutes...rookies and bench players were all seem to be around production output

DesignatedT
10-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Pretty good comparison tbh. Both are the same type of player. It's true that Asik had more chances and played with the 1st unit more than Tiago.

xellos88330
10-14-2011, 02:09 PM
I would say Splitter. Splitter makes up for lack of shotblocking with getting himself in great position for other things such as charges.

DMC
10-14-2011, 03:14 PM
Splitter because he's been the Euroleague MVP.

mountainballer
10-14-2011, 04:43 PM
I like Asik. wouldn't take him over Splitter though.
good defender, bad hands (improved a lot, still fumbles a lot)
he will get injured every other month anyhow.
08-09, out for the whole season - knee
09-10, shoulder, two months
10-11 (PO) broken fibula
Euro 2011, ankle injury
I'm pretty sure this list isn't complete.

Fireball
10-15-2011, 07:16 AM
I would be happy to have both of them on the team ...

eric365
10-15-2011, 07:35 AM
Asik pretty easily IMO
Bulls were better with Asik instead of Noah in some playoff games

TDMVPDPOY
10-15-2011, 08:51 AM
Asik pretty easily IMO
Bulls were better with Asik instead of Noah in some playoff games

it helps when bulls went deep into the playoffs and he got alot of playoff time

too bad splitter didnt get to play much in the playoffs, but when he did he showed pop why pop made the biggest mistake that series not playin him earlier then relying on a small lineup to play against the bigs of memphis.

out through the season against the centers of the league, splitter was able to hold his own against them, he didnt get abuse on the stat sheet, but he did made them go out and earn their paycheck....i think his defense is better then fkn blair and bonner....

back to splitter....one thing i would like to see him improve alot is ft shooting...teams will foul him since they dont take him seriously and will take the chances giving up freebies at the ft line then the automatic 2pts fg.

Muser
10-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Asik

eric365
10-15-2011, 04:06 PM
it helps when bulls went deep into the playoffs and he got alot of playoff time

too bad splitter didnt get to play much in the playoffs, but when he did he showed pop why pop made the biggest mistake that series not playin him earlier then relying on a small lineup to play against the bigs of memphis.

out through the season against the centers of the league, splitter was able to hold his own against them, he didnt get abuse on the stat sheet, but he did made them go out and earn their paycheck....i think his defense is better then fkn blair and bonner....

back to splitter....one thing i would like to see him improve alot is ft shooting...teams will foul him since they dont take him seriously and will take the chances giving up freebies at the ft line then the automatic 2pts fg.

Noah and Boozer were injured 30+ and 20+ games last year.
Not sure if the Bulls would have given Asik playing time without that.

BRs.Ganso
10-16-2011, 08:18 PM
Both are better than Bourousis.

100% truth

Splitter because he's been the Euroleague MVP.

oh yeah! :lol

:flag:

DMC
10-16-2011, 08:30 PM
Spanish League MVP. Not Euroleague MVP.
I think he was both. Having both MVPs under your belt is pretty awesome.

angelbelow
10-17-2011, 01:12 AM
Splitter, edges out Asik in the cooler last name department, but just barely.

DMC
10-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Splitter, edges out Asik in the cooler last name department, but just barely.
I don't know. I heard "ah sheet" many times before I realized it was his name.