PDA

View Full Version : I am the 1%

Yonivore
10-15-2011, 04:16 PM
http://www.exurbanleague.com/Portals/0/1_percent.jpg

Oh yeah, some of my biggest political benefactors are 1%-ers, as well. Top of the list; George Soros.

And, I love big bank and big oil 1%-er money. Just ask Goldman Sachs and Exxon.

C'mon, take off your slippers and put on your marching boots, there's protesting to do!

Wild Cobra
10-15-2011, 04:27 PM
Thing is, the 1% isn't even those who they claim to be protesting. It's more like the 0.1%, or maybe the 0.01%.

Many of you likely know the 1% and may not no it. Think about it, 1 out of every 100 people. I claimed I knew 3 of them during my life, but as I thought about it, I know know more.I don't know how much he makes, but I have a High School friend who owns an Auto Restoration company. He restores classic cars for people. I have a cousin who is a documented genius, went to MIT in the 70's and holds several patents related to optics and image detection. I could go on. Probably everyone know some of the 1%, and some of you are here. Myself, I was at the lower end of the top quintile 10 years ago, but am now in the upper end of the fourth quintile.

I am the 25%.

Spurminator
10-15-2011, 04:40 PM
"I am on a bunch of conservative email lists, and I have no friends."

Vici
10-15-2011, 04:42 PM

:lol

I really do believe some of the most lonely people frequent this board.

Oh, Gee!!
10-15-2011, 04:57 PM

I am the 12%, and I think Palin would be a great President

George Gervin's Afro
10-15-2011, 05:05 PM
yoni is likethis woman that I used worked with...there were about 60 people on my floor at the time and every one of us hated this one woman.... she was ugly but acted like she was supermodel (I'm not exaggerating.) she was a know-it-all and used to wash her breast pump right after she used it in our coffee bar sink....

she was the 1% = yoni

PublicOption
10-15-2011, 05:11 PM

Oh yeah, some of my biggest political benefactors are 1%-ers, as well. Top of the list; George Soros.

C'mon, take off your slippers and put on your marching boots, there's protesting to do!

"trying, despite lobbyists up my ass daily, to help the other 99%"

PublicOption
10-15-2011, 05:40 PM
http://www.slu.edu/Images/sluma/solidarity-logo.jpg

ElNono
10-15-2011, 05:44 PM
If you're protesting this guy, ain't you the 99%, yoni? crofl

boutons_deux
10-15-2011, 06:09 PM
This guy was also in the 1%, hard-core, wealthy East Coast establishment:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_Delano_Roosevelt

... but he accepted and acted vigorously upon his responsibility to the millions of 99%ers impoverished by the unregulated greed and predations of 1920s Wall St, ie, his fellow 1%ers.

His financial reforms made retail banking boringly stable, separated from the investment banking wolves, for 80 years until the VRWC negated those reforms and, reliably, as Marx predicted, plunged the industrial countries into deep recession, and a jobs depression.

I doubt we'll ever see another plutocrat like FDR with the will and power to act against the plutocrats. That's the reason the VRWC and its stink-tank whores absolutely hate FDR and attempt to trash his legacy with blatant lies.

greyforest
10-15-2011, 06:47 PM
"trying, despite lobbyists up my ass daily, to help the other 99%"

Obama hasn't and will not do jack shit.

Stringer_Bell
10-16-2011, 12:11 AM
Obama hasn't and will not do jack shit.

Everyday, I wish I voted for Mccain/Palin.

DMX7
10-16-2011, 02:01 PM
That's true Boutons - FDR was hardcore 1%er and now he's the 2nd most favorite president of Americans ever.

As usual, OP is giant strawman.

Nbadan
10-16-2011, 02:11 PM
The really ironic thing here is that Obama really is part of the 1%, or at least doesn't fight hard enough for the other 99%, but wing-nuts like Yoni are trying to push the strawman that all the Occupiers are pro-Obama, which they are not...many Occupiers blame Obama just as much as they blame the greedy banks, corporations, and Wall Street...

DMX7
10-16-2011, 02:13 PM
Obama is the 1%, and it is a well known fact that all 1%ers are job creators.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Obama's part of the 1%, and the McCains are part of the .001% :lmao

There haven't been many presidential candidates in recent memory who were part of "the 99%"

boutons_deux
10-16-2011, 04:41 PM
Everyday, I wish I voted for Mccain/Palin.

McLiar and pitbull bitch would have continued the Repug bailout of Wall St, and if they had won both House, Medicare, Medicaid, SS, OSHA, Education, EPA, IRS, SEC, all gone, no financial reform, which is what we're looking at if the Repugs sweep in 2012.

DMC
10-16-2011, 08:39 PM
I'm not 100% sure but I think I am in the 90 proof group.

DMC
10-16-2011, 08:42 PM
McLiar and pitbull bitch would have continued the Repug bailout of Wall St, and if they had won both House, Medicare, Medicaid, SS, OSHA, Education, EPA, IRS, SEC, all gone, no financial reform, which is what we're looking at if the Repugs sweep in 2012.
Wow.. look at all the regurgitated bromide. If I didn't know better, I would think you are a bit too indoctrinated in the system.

It's people like you who cause the rich political machine to sit back and laugh as you and your antithesis conservative side do mindless drooling battle using buzz words and bullshit that you most likely have no idea about in reality.

DMC
10-16-2011, 08:44 PM

And he won an election of the American people, more than once (also in Illinois).

Like it or not, he's the elected leader.

I am sure no one here would like to be rich and in charge. It's undesirable.

Wild Cobra
10-17-2011, 03:26 AM
I'm not 100% sure but I think I am in the 90 proof group.
Well, last I looked, the 80 percentile was at about $90k.

Oh...

90 proof is only 45%.

boutons_deux
10-17-2011, 04:24 AM
In plutocratic UCA, you can't be President unless you are wealthy.

DMC
10-17-2011, 08:17 PM
Well, last I looked, the 80 percentile was at about $90k.

Oh...

90 proof is only 45%.

I'm talking about drinks.

I don't get online and brag about my income.

Wild Cobra
10-18-2011, 02:33 AM
I'm talking about drinks.

I don't get online and brag about my income.
Well, I have some 80 proof mixed right now.