PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Ritchie RIP

TDMVPDPOY
10-16-2011, 03:34 AM
creator of c++, unix languages...the backbone of the internet, where would we be without him....RIP

http://www.businessinsider.com/dennis-ritchie-dead-2011-10?nr_email_referer=1&utm_source=Triggermail&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Tools%20Select&utm_campaign=Tools%20Select%202011-10-14

baseline bum
10-16-2011, 10:27 AM
Bjarne Stroustrup is the creator of the abortion known as C++, which is a whole different animal from the simple to use C language Ritchie was involved with. The book he wrote with Brian Kernighan (The C Programming Language) is still one of the greatest computer science books ever written 40 years later. My copy of the book is just falling apart from how much I have used it over the years. The first chapter (a tutorial intro) and the last (where you write a no-frills malloc) are especially awesome.

TDMVPDPOY
10-16-2011, 01:22 PM
Bjarne Stroustrup is the creator of the abortion known as C++, which is a whole different animal from the simple to use C language Ritchie was involved with. The book he wrote with Brian Kernighan (The C Programming Language) is still one of the greatest computer science books ever written 40 years later. My copy of the book is just falling apart from how much I have used it over the years. The first chapter (a tutorial intro) and the last (where you write a no-frills malloc) are especially awesome.

u still into programming field? i thought that industry is all outsourced to india