PDA

View Full Version : Better Warmonger: The Left or Right?

4>0rings
10-16-2011, 06:44 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2011/10/obama-dispatches-100-troops-to-uganda/1?csp=34news

Obama dispatches 100 troops to Africa
Comments 305 By David Jackson, USA TODAY Updated 4h 55m ago

"President ObamaCAPTIONBy Pablo Martinez Monsivais, APPresident Obama notified Congress today that he is sending about 100 U.S. troops to central Africa to help battle a rebel group known as the Lord's Resistance Army.

The troops arrived in Uganda this week and will ultimately be deployed to South Sudan, the Central African Republic and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Obama said in a letter to congressional leaders.

The Lord's Resistance Army is accused of a two-decade spree of murder, rape and kidnapping.

The troops will be combat-equipped, but will fight only in self-defense, Obama said,

Instead, they will serve largely in an advisory role to remove LRA leader Joseph Kony "from the battlefield."

From Obama's letter:

For more than two decades, the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) has murdered, raped, and kidnapped tens of thousands of men, women, and children in central Africa. The LRA continues to commit atrocities across the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and South Sudan that have a disproportionate impact on regional security. ...

In furtherance of the Congress's stated policy, I have authorized a small number of combat-equipped U.S. forces to deploy to central Africa to provide assistance to regional forces that are working toward the removal of Joseph Kony from the battlefield. I believe that deploying these U.S. Armed Forces furthers U.S. national security interests and foreign policy and will be a significant contribution toward counter-LRA efforts in central Africa.

On October 12, the initial team of U.S. military personnel with appropriate combat equipment deployed to Uganda.

During the next month, additional forces will deploy, including a second combat-equipped team and associated headquarters, communications, and logistics personnel. The total number of U.S. military personnel deploying for this mission is approximately 100.

These forces will act as advisors to partner forces that have the goal of removing from the battlefield Joseph Kony and other senior leadership of the LRA. Our forces will provide information, advice, and assistance to select partner nation forces.

Subject to the approval of each respective host nation, elements of these U.S. forces will deploy into Uganda, South Sudan, the Central African Republic, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

The support provided by U.S. forces will enhance regional efforts against the LRA. However, although the U.S. forces are combat-equipped, they will only be providing information, advice, and assistance to partner nation forces, and they will not themselves engage LRA forces unless necessary for self-defense. All appropriate precautions have been taken to ensure the safety of U.S. military personnel during their deployment."

Could be due to mulitple reasons, none of them being the safety of the Central African's.

Barry trying to recoup his lost blackvote in America...(no racist)

or trying to counter China's resource interests in Africa...

DMC
10-16-2011, 08:34 PM
The right is better, because they are interested in actually going to war. The left has used war as a diversion from their personal lives and they don't provide the resources to get it done.

Wild Cobra
10-17-2011, 03:25 AM
Where is the congressional vote?

ElNono
10-17-2011, 03:29 AM
Where is the congressional vote?

That's what needs to follow... they have 60 days..

We'll see what certain part of Congress kicks and screams about now.

Wild Cobra
10-17-2011, 03:59 AM
or trying to counter China's resource interests in Africa...
Maybe he's trying to start a war with China?

mingus
10-17-2011, 04:33 AM
Having been to Africa's poorest parts and seeing some really fucked up shit, I'm for this. Not for country building or anything, but a deployment of 100 troops could at least help in a positive way (not sure how much at the end of the day) w/o a lot of economic loss (or hopefully) life loss.

boutons_deux
10-17-2011, 05:07 AM
Gonna look pretty stupid if they don't take out the Bad Guy.

"The left has used war as a diversion from their personal lives and they don't provide the resources to get it done."

example from history?

Winehole23
10-17-2011, 08:23 AM
Depends on the meaning of better. Democrats have gone to war way more and the wars were more significant.

Yonivore
10-17-2011, 09:35 AM
Depends on the meaning of better. Democrats have gone to war way more without Congressional authorization.
There, fixed it for you.

Winehole23
10-17-2011, 09:38 AM
You're on your own there. Did you at least check to see whether or not that's true?

TeyshaBlue
10-17-2011, 09:41 AM
You're on your own there. Did you at least check to see whether or not that's true?

Why start now?

Yonivore
10-17-2011, 09:55 AM
I'm sure you'll set me straight but, just over the past 20 years, Democrats have Bosnia, Libya, and now, Uganda...and, that's just off the top of my head.

Winehole23
10-17-2011, 10:07 AM
Set yourself straight lazybones. Do your own damn homework for a change and get back to us. Your track record with hunches, suspicions and the like in this forum couldn't be much worse.

Also, calling the deployment of 100 troops to Uganda a war is a bit of a stretch.

Yonivore
10-17-2011, 10:10 AM
Set yourself straight lazybones. Do your own damn homework for a change and get back to us. Your track record with hunches, suspicions and the like in this forum couldn't be much worse.
I'm satisfied with my assessment.

Also, calling the deployment of 100 troops to Uganda a war is a bit of a stretch.
But, calling it mongering, is not a stretch at all.

Winehole23
10-17-2011, 10:16 AM
I'm satisfied with my assessment. If you set the bar any lower for yourself you'd have to dig a hole.

But, calling it mongering, is not a stretch at all.You just offered it as an example of an undeclared war. Change your tune much?

hater
10-17-2011, 10:18 AM
in recent years:
Left: killed Osama, killed Alkaida #2, killed Alkaida #3

Right: tortured a bunch of poor bastards and shot a lawyer in the face while hunting

Yonivore
10-17-2011, 10:46 AM
If you set the bar any lower for yourself you'd have to dig a hole.
So, you've got nothing. Got it.

You just offered it as an example of an undeclared war. Change your tune much?
Point taken. Still, Democrats have committed military forces, without Congressional approval, more often than Republicans. No?

Winehole23
10-17-2011, 11:36 AM
So, you've got nothing.Just following your lead: resting content with hunches.

do as I say, not as I do
Point taken. Still, Democrats have committed military forces, without Congressional approval, more often than Republicans. No?"Committed military forces without approval."

Hmm. Probably, given the predominance of the Democratic Party in the 20th century.

DMC
10-17-2011, 08:15 PM
in recent years:
Left: killed Osama, killed Alkaida #2, killed Alkaida #3

Right: tortured a bunch of poor bastards and shot a lawyer in the face while hunting
Pretty sure some conservative voting SEALs killed OBL, and the rest were also killed by those who want a large defense budget.

Also the #2 gets killed daily.

4>0rings
10-17-2011, 08:20 PM
I really wish Yoni had some serious evidence against the government so they could cut his brakes in his car or shoot him from a top floor of a library and make it look like an accident.

Wild Cobra
10-18-2011, 02:35 AM
Better Warmonger: The Left or Right?
The right was always the better warmonger. The left will pull the funding anytime a Hanoi Jane surfaces.

Now the left was always better at starting senseless wars. They just didn't finish them.

Yonivore
10-18-2011, 07:47 AM
I really wish Yoni had some serious evidence against the government so they could cut his brakes in his car or shoot him from a top floor of a library and make it look like an accident.
I've got "insurance" and they know it. Ain't nothing happening to Yonivore.

But, hey, thanks for the sentiment.

hater
10-18-2011, 09:21 AM
Pretty sure some conservative voting SEALs killed OBL, and the rest were also killed by those who want a large defense budget.

Also the #2 gets killed daily.

Obama killed Osama. Don't fool yourself.