PDA

View Full Version : Who needs to win game 4 more, Pistons or Spurs?

myhc
06-14-2005, 11:29 PM
The question might seem obvious from our perspective but I'll still ask. Which team has more pressure to win game 4 now, us or the Pistons? If we win, the Pistons will be in a 3-1 hole and they'd essentially be done. If the Pistons win, then all they've done is tied the series 2-2 but the pressure would shift back to us for game 5.

From an objective standpoint, I'd still say the pressure is on the Pistons to take game 4.

goliath
06-14-2005, 11:31 PM
Pistons.

Pressure is on them for the next two. They lose game 4 or 5 the series is as good as over

Dre_7
Pistons obviously. Going down 3-1 w/out HCA would be devistating!! I still think all SA needs to do is win at least one in DET. Hopefully two, but winning one and going back 3-2 wouldnt be too bad.

MadDog73
Is Game 4 a must win game for Both Teams?

But you're right, Pistons need it more than Spurs. As long as Spurs win one in Detroit, we're cool.

N.Y. Johnny
06-14-2005, 11:35 PM
Pistons need the next game worse if you can say that. The Spurs by winning their home court games have the luxury of tanking both games 3 and 4 if they want to I guess, hell even the 5th game they can tank and come back STILL to SA only down 3-2 at worst.

The Spurs won their important 2nd game, now it will get interesting, since ABC and everyone has made it a point every 3 seconds of the telecast reminding me that Detroit swept their home games last year.

nkdlunch
06-15-2005, 08:59 AM
Spurs must win 1 in Detroit. It doesn't matter which.

WayDowntownBang
06-15-2005, 09:02 AM
The obvious answer is of course the Pistons. From my viewpoint, my Pistons got spanked in San Antonio. I'm not sure what it is about my team, but they disappeared in the Texas sun. The Pistons really need to win all three in Detroit. People say it's not possible, but they are the only team in HISTORY to win all three of the middle set of the 2-3-2 format. This starting five did it last year, so it's not impossible.

Larry Brown can't let them think that way though. One game at a time. The Pistons need to treat Game 4 as if it's Game 7. If the Spurs get one in Detroit, we have to win Game 6 *AND* 7 in SA. I wouldn't bet all the marbles in my bag on that one.

MainEvent
06-15-2005, 09:13 AM
I would agree that the Pistons need game 4 more. I don't think they can go down 3-1 and expect to win 3 in a row, especially with 6 & 7 on the road. Get the series even and then worry about the rest.

easjer
06-15-2005, 09:23 AM
Pistons, obviously. Not that the Spurs should relax or anything. They've given up one, now it's time to prove they are the better team by making the appropriate changes and adjustments. IF they do, and play the level they are capable of playing, then they are up 3 games and only have to win 1 of the following three. If they don't, they've opened the door wide for the Pistons.

On the Pistons side, if they don't win, they've dug themselves into a pretty deep hole. If they do, it's a best of three, with HCA for SA. For what that's worth.

sa_butta
06-15-2005, 09:46 AM
I would say the Pistons need it more, but it is a must win for both teams. Spurs dont want to have this series tied up with another game to Play in Detroit. And Detroit does not want to be down 3-1 with only 1 more game to play at home.

MiNuS
06-15-2005, 09:49 AM
pivitol Game

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-15-2005, 09:49 AM
I'd say the Pistons. If they lose, G3 means nothing.

SouthernFried
06-15-2005, 09:54 AM
Pistons MUST win game 4...AND game 5.

Losing either of those games, series over.

1Parker1
06-15-2005, 10:30 AM
I don't understand these "Who needs to win the Game more" or "Which Game is more important" threads.

EVERY SINGLE, FREAKING GAME is important and should be played by BOTH teams as if IT WERE A GAME 7. It's the freaking Finals, you are playing for the world championship, you are playing for all the hard work and hard fought 82 game season. I don't care if you're team is 3-0. Until a team wins 4 games, they need to play as if every game is a "must win." Real championship teams shouldn't take days off like that in the Finals and shouldn't have such a weak mentality.

MadDog73
06-15-2005, 10:32 AM
I don't understand these "Who needs to win the Game more" or "Which Game is more important" threads.

EVERY SINGLE, FREAKING GAME is important and should be played by BOTH teams as if IT WERE A GAME 7. It's the freaking Finals, you are playing for the world championship, you are playing for all the hard work and hard fought 82 game season. I don't care if you're team is 3-0. Until a team wins 4 games, they need to play as if every game is a "must win." Real championship teams shouldn't take days off like that in the Finals and shouldn't have such a weak mentality.

Good take.

209Goodfella
06-15-2005, 10:40 AM
I think the Spurs need to win this game. The ghosts from last years Lakers series will be lurking if we lose Game 4. The team might get that "Oh Shit Its Happening Again" mentality and might possbly affect the team for Game 5. Shit will hit the fan if we go back to SA down 3-2, momentum will be on their side. My 2 cents...

DDS4
06-15-2005, 11:40 AM

Amen.

twincam
06-15-2005, 07:11 PM
Yeah, the Pistons MUST win game 4, otherwise they'll be down 3-1, and there is NO WAY IN HELL they will win the final 3 games to win the series.

My game plan is for the Spurs to win only one road game and bring it home to San Antonio and win it all...that is still my game plan for them.
It's that simple.
:elephant

seeking Info.
06-15-2005, 11:49 PM
i'll have to say the spurs! hate to say it but,if the spurs find a way to lose this seires being up 2and 0 they would be consider the biggest choke job out there, but i still think the spurs win this thing in 6 games. they will win game 4 .............like i said piston will win game five. s.a. goes back home in 6 to close out the deal

TheTruth
06-16-2005, 12:00 AM
How can anyone say that the Spurs have more pressure? The Pistons lose any of the games at home and the series is over. They know they can't win win two in S.A.

Sense
06-16-2005, 02:05 AM
Every game is critical for the Pistons because..

They know that the Spurs are the better team...

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 10:38 AM

amen.

geerussell
06-16-2005, 10:58 AM
All the pressure is on detroit to run the table at home. Of course the pistons have thrived on that kind of pressure in the past. If detroit pulls it off and gets back to SA up 3-2 I wouldn't be surprised to see the spurs crack. They have yet to prove they hand handle adversity.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-16-2005, 10:59 AM
Pistons. If they don't run the table in Detroit they have to win back to back in SBC and I just don't think that happens.