PDA

View Full Version : Who Is The Best Spurs Fan On ST And Why?

Calispursfan11
10-16-2011, 11:32 PM
Excluding yourself, who is the most genuine, tried and true Spurs fan on ST and why?

There are many good candidates IMO but as a newer member I do not feel qualified to give a truly objective opinion on this topic.

Very interested in others' opinions no matter how long you've been a member, though. So swing away...

xellos88330
10-16-2011, 11:34 PM
Timvp and/or Kori

They made the site. I think that shows dedication enough.

Calispursfan11
10-16-2011, 11:35 PM
Timvp and/or Kori

They made the site. I think that shows dedication enough.

Fine vote indeed!

Hooks
10-16-2011, 11:39 PM
Easily koriwhat, dude has two big spur tattoos on his calves no joke

Calispursfan11
10-16-2011, 11:41 PM
Easily koriwhat, dude has two big spur tattoos on his calves no joke

Wow - amazing dedication without a doubt. I don't know anyone with a Spurs tat in that specific area. Mad props to Koriwhat!

InK
10-17-2011, 03:15 AM
I don't know anyone with a Spurs tat in that specific area. Mad props to Koriwhat!

:lol

Giuseppe
10-17-2011, 04:14 AM
After The Skunker & 8 over consecutive Summers anybody with the gumption to still show their face.

tee, hee.

benefactor
10-17-2011, 06:36 AM
After The Skunker & 8 over consecutive Summers anybody with the gumption to still show their face.

tee, hee.
It's my religion.

Rapper
10-17-2011, 08:09 AM
Me

Because of courage, loyality and integrity. Most importantly , dedication to the ST.

Bender
10-17-2011, 08:09 AM
not in size, but as a fan, Sequ is up there...

Leetonidas
10-17-2011, 08:27 AM
This is easily T Park. Jumping ship in the face of adversity then crawling back and giving everyone the finger after they called you out proceeding a title victory just reeks of die hard fan :lmao

baseline bum
10-17-2011, 10:13 AM
I'd nominate Fabbs

elemento
10-17-2011, 10:27 AM
I am kind of new here in ST but i like Bruno's dedication and knowledge, especially when it comes to the financial situation of the Spurs.
He always brings new information about players that are overseas as well.

Dex
10-17-2011, 11:59 AM
This is easily T Park. Jumping ship in the face of adversity then crawling back and giving everyone the finger after they called you out proceeding a title victory just reeks of die hard fan :lmao

:lmao Was waiting for TPark's name to come up here.

Calispursfan11
10-17-2011, 01:39 PM

Sounds VERY dedicated. Who is TPark anwyay?

lefty
10-17-2011, 02:31 PM
Anyone who hates TP

TBH

Because that's whar real Spurs fans do

TBH

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-17-2011, 03:07 PM
Sounds VERY dedicated. Who is TPark anwyay?

I think he switched over to posting as Eric B if that name means anything to you. He's an original member here, even shows up in the Club's photoshopped banner. Not a group of people whose team loyalty would be called into question. The events in question came during a much simpler time in Spurstalk's history. It was '05. Following the Spurs loss in game 6 Tpark's diagnosis was that the critical failing was a lack of desire and heart on the part of the Spurs. So confident was he in this assessment that he declared that if the Spurs were to win game 7 (which they weren't going to do because they just didn't want it enough) he would not post for a year. Obviously the Spurs did win but he stuck around and took a lot of flack for it in the days following the championship win. In the end Kori herself came out in support of Tpark sticking around. It would still be brought up here and there when people got into disagreements with him (which was often) but soon faded into the lores and legends of Spurstalk alongside Jim's loan sharking and the infamous GIG/Ryan cock measurement contest.

Leetonidas
10-17-2011, 05:55 PM
The Goodbye T Park thread is around somewhere still, shit was pretty hilarious and exemplifies his die hard status :lol

Dex
10-17-2011, 06:12 PM
The Goodbye T Park thread is around somewhere still, shit was pretty hilarious and exemplifies his die hard status :lol

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20020

:downspin:

jaffies
10-18-2011, 05:21 AM
My vote goes to Alamo50

lefty
10-18-2011, 02:20 PM
Holy shit Jaffies has a new avy

nkdlunch
10-18-2011, 02:25 PM
I think he switched over to posting as Eric B if that name means anything to you. He's an original member here, even shows up in the Club's photoshopped banner. Not a group of people whose team loyalty would be called into question. The events in question came during a much simpler time in Spurstalk's history. It was '05. Following the Spurs loss in game 6 Tpark's diagnosis was that the critical failing was a lack of desire and heart on the part of the Spurs. So confident was he in this assessment that he declared that if the Spurs were to win game 7 (which they weren't going to do because they just didn't want it enough) he would not post for a year. Obviously the Spurs did win but he stuck around and took a lot of flack for it in the days following the championship win. In the end Kori herself came out in support of Tpark sticking around. It would still be brought up here and there when people got into disagreements with him (which was often) but soon faded into the lores and legends of Spurstalk alongside Jim's loan sharking and the infamous GIG/Ryan cock measurement contest.

no no no.

Didn't TPark quit in the Supersonics series that year?? I think we went 6 games vs. Sonics that year so he must have quit after Sonics beat Spurs in game 4 to even the series.

which makes him even a bigger bitch :lmao

nkdlunch
10-18-2011, 02:26 PM
My vote goes to Alamo50

+1

isn't that the guy that drives a Spurs colored car in Amsterdam?

703 Spurz
10-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Excluding yourself, who is the most genuine, tried and true Spurs fan on ST and why?

There are many good candidates IMO but as a newer member I do not feel qualified to give a truly objective opinion on this topic.

Very interested in others' opinions no matter how long you've been a member, though. So swing away...

Me. Why? 'Cause I said so fuckbite

JP le Requin
10-18-2011, 04:13 PM
me too because i am since 1993 (and in france it was really hard to see spurs on tv etc..)
then i came to san an tonio 3 times since 2007 to realize my dream...i saw an nab finals, and games in june & december 2007 (where i met david robinson) and march 2011
and because i wake up at 3am to watch spurs games here in france as soon i can!
and because my i gave ginobili as name to my newborn daughter!! ....NO I JOKE for the last one ;-) but if we has a boy..maybe david could be his name...or no

lefty
10-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Spurs fan since 1992 TBH

Overseas, everybody was rooting for the Bulls and then later the Lakers

I was an outcast

Brazil
10-18-2011, 04:52 PM
I am kind of new here in ST but i like Bruno's dedication and knowledge, especially when it comes to the financial situation of the Spurs.
He always brings new information about players that are overseas as well.

Anyone who hates TP

TBH

Because that's whar real Spurs fans do

TBH

Leeeefffffttttyyyy :lmao

cherylsteele
10-18-2011, 05:27 PM
I have been a fan since in moved to San Antonio in 1980

Calispursfan11
10-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Okay friends - due to what appears to be popular demand/a little grumbling at the limitations of my OP, I hereby authorize you to nominate yourself as the Best Spurs Fan ever as long as there is merit and plausibility in your claim.

Let the self-proclaimed Best Fans come hither from the shadows!

Thanks, and god bless all true Spurs Fans and T Park for being such an entertaining figure!

SequSpur
10-18-2011, 11:41 PM
you guys are homos.

Leetonidas
10-18-2011, 11:45 PM
no no no.

Didn't TPark quit in the Supersonics series that year?? I think we went 6 games vs. Sonics that year so he must have quit after Sonics beat Spurs in game 4 to even the series.

which makes him even a bigger bitch :lmao

No man he quit after Game 6, claiming the Spurs had no desire to win a title and they didn't deserve his fandom or some shit and that if they miraculously won, he would ban himself for a year. And he immediately told everyone to eat shit he wasn't going anywhere and claimed it was a reverse jinx :lmao :lmao

DMC
10-18-2011, 11:49 PM
Best on this site? Who knows? The site admins are obviously dedicated enough to put up with our shit, so that says something about their fan dedication (I suppose, or they are just self destructive).

Everyone here is a fan. Better or worse, what's the definition of a "good fan" and I can better decide.

I've never owned season tickets, and only gone to one live game, but I've been watching them since before David was signed.

The only thing I have in my office Spurs related is the SI magazine with "Quite Dynasty" on the front. I bought it new. It's next to my original Dream Team magazine I also bought new.

I don't own any Spurs shirts, hats or decals. However, I have been known to be parked on the side of the road with a boat in tow, at night, to listen to the Finals. Strange thing, but I couldn't get the signal in my truck, but my boat radio did just fine.