PDA

View Full Version : was Manu got injured? update pls.

milkyway21
06-14-2005, 11:38 PM
okay, before all of us get freak out on that ugly game tonight. Manu's 6 TOs let us check first why Manu suddenly disappeared in this game.

Ginobili got hurt in the game's first 30 seconds was reduced to a non-factor for the first time in the series, that's reality.

is he alright? can he play in the next 2 or three games?

2 more games guys and we are champions.

And we need Manu alongside Tim to win.

Ginobili went down just a few seconds later, bruising his left thigh in a collision with Prince just 21 seconds into the game. Though he wasn't sidelined for long, the star of Games 1 and 2 had just four points at halftime with four turnovers. he finished with seven points and six turnovers.

i hope it's not serious.

boutons
06-14-2005, 11:42 PM
It will probably get worse in the night, as his muscles cool off and stiffen up.

A badly bruised muscle is seriously weakend. They'll be working on his leg a lot Wed and Thu.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-14-2005, 11:42 PM
Yeah, injury update please. Looked like his knee, no?

gocanes719
06-14-2005, 11:43 PM
I just watched the press conference and you could tell his leg was stiff. A good dead leg will last a week or so. His leg will most likely be weak. He siad it wasn't an excuse but he certainly looked half speed at best most of the game.

SouthernFried
06-14-2005, 11:45 PM
Ya...if it still hurts..that's a type of injury you should rest, and mebbe take a game off.

On another note...was it PRINCE who flopped on that play that caused his injury??

Kori Ellis
06-14-2005, 11:45 PM
Charlie horse/slight thigh contusion.

spursupporter
06-14-2005, 11:46 PM
damn. injuries alway happen in palace of auburn hill

2centsworth
06-14-2005, 11:48 PM
Hope he has a little Iverson in him.

May_The_Best_Team_Win
06-14-2005, 11:48 PM
oh no please no more injury excuses. manu admitted he played a bad game, he drove to the hoop like a madman and things just didn't go his way tonight.

he had plenty of energy tonight to drive, just a good job defensively so please lets give credit where credit is due we put on a defensive show tonight.

this series is far from over.

good game. i expect a 7 game series.

SouthernFried
06-14-2005, 11:50 PM
Manu drove to the hoop like a madman?

Were you watching the same game I was?

milkyway21
06-14-2005, 11:51 PM
Charlie horse/slight thigh contusion.this is why i got worried last night, guys.

they are ready to take Manu out. Then take care of Duncan who has 2 bum ankles, the rest of the series.

same as what happened on Duncan. they're pretty serious. the Detroit news even hinted they don't care if the Pistons foul Manu hard as long as they win tonight. that's scary........:cry

i hope Manu gets some rest and gets his revenge in game 4.

EasilyAmused
06-14-2005, 11:51 PM
I just watched the press conference and you could tell his leg was stiff. A good dead leg will last a week or so. His leg will most likely be weak. He siad it wasn't an excuse but he certainly looked half speed at best most of the game.

I was also watching the press conference and you're right his leg did look stiff. Hopefully, it will be better on thursday.
I love the guy for saying there are no excuses he had a bad game.

2centsworth
06-14-2005, 11:53 PM
oh no please no more injury excuses. manu admitted he played a bad game, he drove to the hoop like a madman and things just didn't go his way tonight.

he had plenty of energy tonight to drive, just a good job defensively so please lets give credit where credit is due we put on a defensive show tonight.

all we care about is him being healthy in the future. Detroit is such an unstoppable force we need to be super human to beat them, happy now.

MadDog73
06-14-2005, 11:53 PM
Well, if Manu is out, then I think we can all safely say that the Pistons have to be one of the luckiest teams on the face of the earth.

But I'm glad Piston fans hope Manu is healthy. That shows class.

May_The_Best_Team_Win
06-14-2005, 11:54 PM
Yes definitely classy,

Im sure it hurt but he is a trooper and tried hard, i don't think it hurt his mobility too much from what i saw he was very active but just turned the ball over like crazy.

May_The_Best_Team_Win
06-14-2005, 11:54 PM
By the way im still gay for Ginobli!

goliath
06-14-2005, 11:55 PM
Manu will play and score 25+ the next game.

Mark it down.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-14-2005, 11:56 PM
Damn, some of those fouls were dirty tonight too.

I hope he's okay, because if he isn't we may well be in trouble...

Barry to start game 4, Manu off the bench???

2centsworth
06-15-2005, 12:00 AM
Yes definitely classy,

Im sure it hurt but he is a trooper and tried hard, i don't think it hurt his mobility too much from what i saw he was very active but just turned the ball over like crazy.
it was more obvious on the defensive end where he was a step slow and your team made us pay big.

milkyway21
06-15-2005, 12:00 AM
oh no please no more injury excuses. manu admitted he played a bad game, he drove to the hoop like a madman and things just didn't go his way tonight. actually it's all over the news, they were the ones who said Manu's mobility was limited bec. of that slight contusion or something. :rolleyes

good game. i expect a 7 game series
no i expect NO MORE than a game 6.

TwoHandJam
06-15-2005, 12:03 AM

Good grief. That post is a forum equivalent of premature ejaculation. The Pistons were really flat for about 3/4 of the game and we had a great opportunity to put them away as late as the start of the fourth.

The Pistons played well defensively but it wasn't like they dominated the game from start to finish. Please. Manu wasn't nearly the same after his collision and Tim just didn't show up tonight. Very uncharacteristic.

Now all of a sudden the series will go 7 games? :wtf

Just a bit of a reach.

May_The_Best_Team_Win
06-15-2005, 12:05 AM
forget what the media says, they like to add drama to any situation, it makes for a good story especially for a series getting crappy ratings,

Manu himself admitted he played bad and the Pistons had a lot to do with it.

I will not let any Spurs fan say they lost because Manu got injured, an injury takes you out of a game,

Im glad to see he's okay i'm sure he'll have a better game in game 4 but the Pistons have a bit of confidence under them and know they have to bring their A game for the rest of the series if they want to have a chance of winning this series.

If Ben keeps up this intensity its going to be a long series going 6 or 7.

milkyway21
06-15-2005, 12:06 AM
all we care about is him being healthy in the future. Detroit is such an unstoppable force we need to be super human to beat them, happy now.:lol if that's not sportsmanship 2centsworth, i don't know what that is.........

samikeyp
06-15-2005, 12:07 AM
I will not let any Spurs fan say they lost because Manu got injured, an injury takes you out of a game,

I will agree with that but I did think that the early time on the bench prevented him from getting any kind of rhythm. Still....the injury was not the reason for his subpar performance.

May_The_Best_Team_Win
06-15-2005, 12:08 AM
Oh my friend i don't think its a bit of a reach? All three games were close going into the third quarter. I love it please keep underestimating my Pistons. I think the Pistons will win 2 of 3 in Detroit, and steal the first game back in San Antonio setting up a spectacular game 7 that could go either way.

SouthernFried
06-15-2005, 12:08 AM
I will not let any Spurs fan say they lost because Manu got injured, an injury takes you out of a game.

Who the fuck said that?

We are talking about Manu's injury...not why we lost the game. And if you don't think it affected his game...I don't give shit. I think it did.

But I don't think that's why we lost the game...Manu made the first horrible pass on the first play of the game without any injury.

May_The_Best_Team_Win
06-15-2005, 12:10 AM
samikey ill agree with you there, he got into fould trouble early and the bench time could not have helped.

But you have to give props to the Pistons, they came out agressively tonight.

It looked like they had their legs under them tonight. Admittedly i was worried that the Pistons could be swept or a short game 5 series, but after watching them tonight i think they are capable of coming back in this series, who knows? All three games have been close going into the 4th quarter.

milkyway21
06-15-2005, 12:10 AM
If Ben keeps up this intensity its going to be a long series going 6 or 7.ending the series in 6 games? you mean Detroit SWEEPING the Spurs?

forgive me but :lmao

mavsfan1000
06-15-2005, 12:14 AM
This series is over. Detroit has all the momentum that will be hard to get back. Detroit in 6

May_The_Best_Team_Win
06-15-2005, 12:17 AM
No i did not assume a "sweep" of the spurs by any means. Not that the Pistons aren't capable of winning 4 in a row. They finished the season winning 11 of 12 and had a nice west coast swing. Im excited about them winning tonight but not delusional.

DDS4
06-15-2005, 12:17 AM
This series is over. Detroit has all the momentum that will be hard to get back. Detroit in 6

Sarcasm?

TwoHandJam
06-15-2005, 12:19 AM
Oh my friend i don't think its a bit of a reach? All three games were close going into the third quarter. I love it please keep underestimating my Pistons. I think the Pistons will win 2 of 3 in Detroit, and steal the first game back in San Antonio setting up a spectacular game 7 that could go either way.First of all, I said the game was close going into the fourth quarter and secondly, please explain to me how game 2 was close going into the third or the fourth quarters?

One win and all of a sudden you're spouting nonsense about how everyone is underestimating your beloved Pistons. Well I'm not and had posted several threads prior to the game on how the Spurs should not get complacent as they are prone to. They did and we lost but you're in fantasy land if you can justify that one win = a seven game series. That's just not grounded in reality at this point.

TwoHandJam
06-15-2005, 12:23 AM
Admittedly i was worried that the Pistons could be swept or a short game 5 series, but after watching them tonight i think they are capable of coming back in this series, who knows? All three games have been close going into the 4th quarter.
Game 2 going into the fourth quarter:
Spurs 79
Pistons 63

Yup. Real close.

You're going to have to clean up a mess on your keyboard if you keep gushing like this. We all know you're ecstatic the Pistons won but lets not go overboard here.

milkyway21
06-15-2005, 12:26 AM
Sarcasm?

Detroit in 6
no :nope. True colors. :smokin

May_The_Best_Team_Win
06-15-2005, 12:30 AM
Man you are taking things too literal, i offered my opinion and think this series is capable of going 7 games. I did not say i guarantee this is going to 7 however i think this series is a battle and theres a good chance this series will go 6 or 7 no matter what the outcome is.

You guys outplayed us the first two games, imposed your will on us if you will but it looks like the Pistons have their legs back under them and there will be more of the same to come.

GamesMasta
06-15-2005, 12:43 AM
damn. injuries alway happen in palace of auburn hill

hate to admit it but its quiet awkwardly true. last time the sperms were here against the pisstons, duncun sprained his ankle i believe 1 or 2 minutes into game.

mavsfan1000
06-15-2005, 12:46 AM
Sarcasm?
yep! It is fun getting people to actually take it literally.

milkyway21
06-15-2005, 12:53 AM
hate to admit it but its quiet awkwardly true. last time the sperms were here against the pisstons, duncun sprained his ankle i believe 1 or 2 minutes into game.i hope nothing worse will happen...

...on Duncan or Manu, again.

well, at least with Spurs losing this one, attention will bring back in the finals esp. from those who thought of a Spurs sweep..

rwb
06-15-2005, 08:28 AM
I was watching that Fox Sports show "Cold Pizza" this morning (only because I was too lazy to look for the remote and change it), and the commentators on there were saying that Manu is more hurt than the Spurs will admit and without him the Spurs have no way of winning the series. First of all, hopefully Manu will remain the tough mo'fo he is and play through it, and secondly, I still don't see the Spurs losing in the end. I have no doubt they will prevail. The Pistons were far better tonight, but they couldn't pull away until the fourth period, even with the Spurs playing sub-par. I really hate the 2-3-2 format, but at least now the Spurs can take the trophy in front of the home crowd.

spur219
06-15-2005, 08:32 AM
I am pretty sure the leg was bothering him throuhgout the game and maybe was a little hesitant on his game because of that. But no excuses he said he just had a bad game. Which he is right. He had a bad game. Next game he will bounce back and take the lives out of the Pistons.

Spurs in Five!

manustarting2gd
06-15-2005, 09:50 AM
bump

Budkin
06-15-2005, 10:15 AM
Manu was moving around fine, it's not like he was limping around the court. I do think that he was hesitant to drive to the hole though and that the injury did shake his confidence a bit. Game 4 will be a different story. He will be back in form and much more agressive.

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
06-15-2005, 10:36 AM
I agree. I think he's not anywhere near as injured as people would like you to believe. Coaches never discuss injuries, especially in the playoffs. The less you say, the more the other team might think this player is really injured and take the team a little more lightly, or if he's really injured, you don't want Las Vegas knowing anything about it!

samikeyp
06-15-2005, 10:39 AM
But you have to give props to the Pistons, they came out agressively tonight.

nowhere have I denied this.

Isiah
06-15-2005, 10:45 AM
Yo RuffnReady, what were the dirty plays you are referring too?? Chauncey swiping at TP's headpiece, hard foul yes, dirty i don't think so, as far as Manu goes, he causes most of the contact with his array of moves, Dude can play, but everyone nows he is a bit reckless with his body.... For God sakes everytime Dude gets touched you would think he was rear-ended by an SUV, he better be careful he's going to catch whiplash from that violent head jerk.....

1Parker1
06-15-2005, 10:52 AM
:lol. What about the play where they fouled Parker so hard, his shoe came off

MiNuS
06-15-2005, 11:08 AM
I can remember Isiah Thomas playing on an injured ankle against the Lakers.

All Manu needs to do now is kind of hobble around the court and make his shots.
JUST DO IT!

Marklar MM
06-15-2005, 11:11 AM
I can remember Isiah Thomas playing on an injured ankle against the Lakers.

25 points in 4th quarter

Supergirl
06-15-2005, 11:19 AM
A minor injury will not keep Manu out of the Finals, even if Pop wanted him to sit.

He's probably stiffened up today, he'll get some work on it, but he'll be back Thursday.

SPurs lost because they couldn't stop the Pistons in transition - 20 points - but I am not sure that says anything more than how desperate the Pistons were. Essentially, they played one good quarter - the game was tied late in the 3rd quarter.

Pistons cannot keep up defensively or offensively over a 6-7 game series with the SPurs. Duncan had an off night, which is does every 4-5 games, and per usual he'll come back strong in the next game. Manu will have a big game again - the injury took him out of his rhythm early last night. THat won't happen again.