PDA

View Full Version : Are There Any Orlando Magic Fans Here

Koolaid_Man
10-17-2011, 06:07 PM
if so you are royally fucked....:lol Welcome to LA Dwight...I love you baby...

two big man to LA...it's all but a done deal...there is nothing more to say about it...Kobe going out like he came in..playing with a great bigman...He's gonna get those 2 more titles like I predicted... I fucking hate being the bearer of bad news...:lmao So when it comes you never look the horse inside it's grill...

Dwight Howard was asked about his free agent future in an interview with Esquire's Scott Raab.

“I just don’t know what else I can do (in Orlando),” said Howard.
Asked by Raab if he sees himself in a much larger market, Howard said, “There’s more you can do in a bigger place. I’m stuck in a tough position because I feel like right now, where I’m at, I’ve done so much.

“And I just don’t know what else I can do. I can’t live for everybody else. I don’t know what decision I’m gonna make as of right now. It’s been crazy. Everybody wants me to come here, come play here, come to our team, do this. It’s a great feeling, though, to be wanted.”
Raab then said, “You’re gone. I can feel it.”

Howard responds, “The toughest part for me is the city — the people. They’ve got burgers named after me in Orlando, they’ve got a Web site saying, “Please stay.” I love the people in the city. I’ve literally sat on the bench with a towel on my head crying, because I feel the passion in the stands. I just think about what’s going to be best for what I want to accomplish in my life. And I don’t want that door to close on me, wherever that door is. I don’t want it to close.”

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/216056/Howard_Not_Sure_What_Else_He_Can_Do_In_Orlando#ixz z1b5DyTFUM

MR.SILVER&BLack
10-17-2011, 10:51 PM
well we all know kobe needs him. the best frontline in the NBA and current 6th man of the year just isnt enough to get a win in the 2nd round anymore.

gonna be tragic when he leaves for New York after 1 season when he sees kobe put up 25 points on 30 attempts a game. not to mention when he looks at the bench and sees that Steve Blake is the best bench player because odom was part of the trade.

DJ Mbenga
10-17-2011, 11:03 PM
thats the fanbase that is missing in this forum. there was some dude who had like 50 posts.

Spur_Fanatic
10-18-2011, 04:01 AM
Again this shit?

So... bye Odom, Bynum and Gasol?

CubanSucks
10-18-2011, 04:45 AM
:cry It's so tough!

mathbzh
10-18-2011, 04:51 AM
No more Goofy in Orlando:(

LkrFan
10-18-2011, 04:53 AM
Again this shit?

So... bye Odom, Bynum and Gasol?

No. Just Bynum and LO would do it.

New big 3: Kobe D12 Pau

I could roll with that. :tu

Koolaid_Man
10-18-2011, 05:56 AM

Dude they've given us so much...Shaq now Dwight...what more can you possibly ask for..I'm seriously in love with the Orlando Magic like I'm in love with a stripper: :downspin:

h4eGsbYTgtY

LkrFan
10-18-2011, 08:20 AM
Dude they've given us so much...Shaq now Dwight...what more can you possibly ask for..I'm seriously in love with the Orlando Magic like I'm in love with a stripper: :downspin:

h4eGsbYTgtY

:rollin

baseline bum
10-18-2011, 10:42 AM

No Laker fan has ever answered the question when I ask why Bynum would ever ok that deal. Their contracts are both up after the 2012-13 season, so Orlando is in the same boat with Bynum walking that they'd be in with Howard. Unless Bynum really wants to go to team Amway all he has to do is threaten not to sign the extension and the trade dies right there. Assuming the collective bargaining agreement is similar to the previous one with regards to Bird rights and not being able to sign other teams players when over the cap (a likely scenario), the Lakers can't sign Howard and will thus end up offering Bynum the extension he wants.

Leetonidas
10-18-2011, 10:47 AM

Considering the Magic said awhile back they're not trading Dwight to LA unless Pau and Bynum come back to Orlando, you're not getting shit.

Kobe cannot restructure his contact like narutoluva's bitch thinks, and there will be no midlevel to even offer him, which he wouldn't take anyway. You dumbfucks in LA really are delusional. :lmao :lmao

MR.SILVER&BLack
10-18-2011, 03:14 PM
No Laker fan has ever answered the question when I ask why Bynum would ever ok that deal. Their contracts are both up after the 2012-13 season, so Orlando is in the same boat with Bynum walking that they'd be in with Howard. Unless Bynum really wants to go to team Amway all he has to do is threaten not to sign the extension and the trade dies right there. Assuming the collective bargaining agreement is similar to the previous one with regards to Bird rights and not being able to sign other teams players when over the cap (a likely scenario), the Lakers can't sign Howard and will thus end up offering Bynum the extension he wants.
guess they didnt pay attention to how the melo deal went down. no surprise. they were to busy panicking about the lakers being "emotionaly drained" at that time. :lol

LkrFan
10-18-2011, 03:34 PM

Bynum wants an increase in touches per game. If he stays in LA, he is a 2nd option at best. If he were a 1st option, there is no reason to doubt that he could put up 20/10/3. That won't happen on a regular in LA.

Why would he not want to leave, get the chance to get put up some nice stats, and get paid as a result? We all know that bigs get paid and the only center in the league that is better than him is D12.

He would sign an extension. He'll probably get close to the max to. Whatever he does sign in Orlando would be worth more than in LA anyway. Why? No state taxes.

For LA's part, they intentionally signed him to a contract that expires with D12's. Your scenario is more likely to play out with him than Bynum, tbh. The best deal they can get has to involve Bynum unless Riles puts LBJ on the block. Here's a dirty little secret: the Lakers don't like his agent (the same agent of Ariza BTW) so he won't the contract he wants from LA.

The only thing that could stop this deal from happening is the new CBA. As for Bynum I seriously doubt he would try to stay if he knows he has #1 option talent and will get the looks he wants elsewhere. He'd be an idiot to not bolt LA.

Also, given his injury situation, you really think he would take the chance of not signing an extension, hoping that he won't get injured, then test the unrestricted FA market next year? I don't. :toast

Bill_Brasky
10-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Gonna join the Heat tbh

Spur_Fanatic
10-18-2011, 05:29 PM
Bynum wants an increase in touches per game. If he stays in LA, he is a 2nd option at best. If he were a 1st option, there is no reason to doubt that he could put up 20/10/3. That won't happen on a regular in LA.

Why would he not want to leave, get the chance to get put up some nice stats, and get paid as a result? We all know that bigs get paid and the only center in the league that is better than him is D12.

He would sign an extension. He'll probably get close to the max to. Whatever he does sign in Orlando would be worth more than in LA anyway. Why? No state taxes.

For LA's part, they intentionally signed him to a contract that expires with D12's. Your scenario is more likely to play out with him than Bynum, tbh. The best deal they can get has to involve Bynum unless Riles puts LBJ on the block. Here's a dirty little secret: the Lakers don't like his agent (the same agent of Ariza BTW) so he won't the contract he wants from LA.

The only thing that could stop this deal from happening is the new CBA. As for Bynum I seriously doubt he would try to stay if he knows he has #1 option talent and will get the looks he wants elsewhere. He'd be an idiot to not bolt LA.

Also, given his injury situation, you really think he would take the chance of not signing an extension, hoping that he won't get injured, then test the unrestricted FA market next year? I don't. :toast

And it's what will happen. There will be a harder cap. There's no question of it. You cannot get Dwight without getting rid of everyone not-named Kobe.
Laker's cap problem will be over ONLY when Kobe's contract is up.

Kobe can't restructure his contract. Even if he wants to, and he doesn't.

Salaries Lakers 2012/13

27,849,000 Kobe (guaranteed)
19,000,000 Gasol (guaranteed)
16,473,002 Bynum (team option)
8,200,000 Odom (team option)
7,258,960 Metta (player option)
6,100,000 Walton (guaranteed)
4,000,000 Blake (guaranteed)
3,400,000 Fisher (player option)

Salaries Orlando 2012/13

20,807,922 Arenas (player option)
19,261,200 Howard (player option)

Kobe+Gasol alone is 46M per year. Hard cap could be as low as 45M next season (doubtfull, there will be a compromise, doubt it will go lower than 55M). Lakers still have to pay Walton and Blake, which is another 10M anyway. Plus the player options. Plus the team options they may want to keep.

Basically, if the Lakers truly structured their cap and team salary to get Dwight.... They did a terrible job. I see no way to get Dwight, without getting rid of Gasol too. And even then, team would lose a lot of contracts. I think only chance Lakers have to compete next season will be to convince a bunch of vets to play for cents.

Koolaid_Man
10-18-2011, 05:41 PM
And it's what will happen. There will be a harder cap. There's no question of it. You cannot get Dwight without getting rid of everyone not-named Kobe.
Laker's cap problem will be over ONLY when Kobe's contract is up.

Kobe can't restructure his contract. Even if he wants to, and he doesn't.

Salaries Lakers 2012/13

27,849,000 Kobe (guaranteed)
19,000,000 Gasol (guaranteed)
16,473,002 Bynum (team option)
8,200,000 Odom (team option)
7,258,960 Metta (player option)
6,100,000 Walton (guaranteed)
4,000,000 Blake (guaranteed)
3,400,000 Fisher (player option)

Salaries Orlando 2012/13

20,807,922 Arenas (player option)
19,261,200 Howard (player option)

Kobe+Gasol alone is 46M per year. Hard cap could be as low as 45M next season (doubtfull, there will be a compromise, doubt it will go lower than 55M). Lakers still have to pay Walton and Blake, which is another 10M anyway. Plus the player options. Plus the team options they may want to keep.

Basically, if the Lakers truly structured their cap and team salary to get Dwight.... They did a terrible job. I see no way to get Dwight, without getting rid of Gasol too. And even then, team would lose a lot of contracts. I think only chance Lakers have to compete next season will be to convince a bunch of vets to play for cents.

Listen all of that is irrelevant...you are just pissy cuz it's finna go down....

Bynum and LO and filler for Dwight and Agent Zero / or Hedo...they're going to pull the trigger because they won't have an option...Sure they could let him walk but then they may as well just sell the team and get out of the basketball business...

the reason it will happen is simple...the players have already won on the Hard cap in case your silly ass haven't been following negotiations...they're quarreling over BRI and other issues like gauranteed contracts and mid-level except...

Dwight to LA will happen now for one reason...Jerry Buss is willing...let me repeat...He's will to pay the luxury tax penalties..He's proven that...Now Deal With That Shit BIAAATCH....

Fabbs
10-18-2011, 06:06 PM
Hulk Hogan 12
Kobe 5

Koolaid_Man
10-18-2011, 06:07 PM
That can be worked out with no problem. Id give Pau and Bynum up for Howard and Bass and filler. Both teams have the players needed to make a good deal for both sides. We are in the business of helping teams get off the ground and make some money. Look what we did for Miami. They rang due to our help... Wade should thank Kobe. We turned Memphis into a contender with the swift stroke of a pen... just ask the Spurs...lol

:lmao you a cold ass muthafucker

Spur_Fanatic
10-18-2011, 06:12 PM
Dude, I dunno what else to do, you simply don't understand the CBA, Kool.
In fact, it was my bad. You simply lack the means to understand it, then.

The only way Dwight get's to LA, is for him to get a lot less he can get from Orlando.
And even then, Lakers would then need to get rid of half the team. Including the players that have a player option. Why would they want to leave L.A?

Spur_Fanatic
10-18-2011, 06:14 PM
That can be worked out with no problem. Id give Pau and Bynum up for Howard and Bass and filler. Both teams have the players needed to make a good deal for both sides. We are in the business of helping teams get off the ground and make some money. Look what we did for Miami. They rang due to our help... Wade should thank Kobe. We turned Memphis into a contender with the swift stroke of a pen... just ask the Spurs...lol

Now, this makes much sense, true.
Lakers would have to eat a lot of crap filler, though.

DMC
10-18-2011, 06:52 PM
The Heat could, might lose even with Howard. Seems unlikely, but having the best individuals doesn't necessarily mean you have the best team. Over time, probably, but in the short run, maybe not.

Koolaid_Man
10-18-2011, 07:05 PM
Dude, I dunno what else to do, you simply don't understand the CBA, Kool.
In fact, it was my bad. You simply lack the means to understand it, then.

The only way Dwight get's to LA, is for him to get a lot less he can get from Orlando.
And even then, Lakers would then need to get rid of half the team. Including the players that have a player option. Why would they want to leave L.A?

listen shorty your thinking is flawed from the jump because you think Dwight is looking for a Max deal and he's not....he said previously that at this point he only wants to win..LA will compensate him fairly...and he will accept based on his love for Hollywood. It's where he wants to be...LA's team option on Bynum and Dwight's player option in Orlando is no coincidence...:lol Dwight just wants to play with Kobe and Pau...and the lakers have the means / flexibility / and desire to make that happen...

now deal with that shit...we're rebuilding and winning titles on the fly when your shitty ass team is going back to the fucking dark ages where the bubonic plague resides...:toast

Koolaid_Man
10-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Spursfanatic marinate on this....

p3cmssFa6JM

Spur_Fanatic
10-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Err, dude, I could be wrong, but Howard's contract, even if a player option, has to be payed full by the Lakers if they want him, right? As in Kobe, Howard can't restructure the contract till the current one is over. So, how can he take less money to play for the Lakers?

They can always wait 2 seasons, and do a new contract with him then (2013/14) but kinda useless by then, right?

Spur_Fanatic
10-18-2011, 07:38 PM
Money is not the issue, the issue is how many players can be squeezed on a roster with a projected small cap.

Unlike Kool, you are more realistic. How would you do the trade?

LkrFan
10-18-2011, 08:34 PM

Well, hot damn! :rollin

Koolaid_Man
10-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Well, without looking at salaries, and ive brought this up before. Id shake up our entire front line up. You want big names, you have to accomodate the other team, be fair. Package Pau and Odom, for Howard, Bass, and filler. Between Pau and Odom you looking at roughly 27 mil in cap. Allow them to give us whatever filler theyd like to close the deal. Now, NJ knows that Williams is walking, even if its for less money he aint staying on that sorry ass team. Offer Bynum for Williams. NJ now has twin towers, and we get the PG we need. Bynum already has multiple titles, and with the prospect of Howard coming to town he wont hesitate leaving to avoid coming off the bench just to start in NJ. Once again, both teams are happy. These deals can be done with ease, and all three teams improve.

I'd give Pau up for a bag of stale Frito-Lays

Giuseppe
10-18-2011, 09:11 PM
I'd give Pau up for a bag of stale Frito-Lays

I'll wait one more playoff session before I go along with Kool here.

Giuseppe
10-18-2011, 09:56 PM
I cant endure another of what I saw in June.

But, the two before that were admirable.

Spur_Fanatic
10-19-2011, 12:02 AM
Well, without looking at salaries, and ive brought this up before. Id shake up our entire front line up. You want big names, you have to accomodate the other team, be fair. Package Pau and Odom, for Howard, Bass, and filler. Between Pau and Odom you looking at roughly 27 mil in cap. Allow them to give us whatever filler theyd like to close the deal. Now, NJ knows that Williams is walking, even if its for less money he aint staying on that sorry ass team. Offer Bynum for Williams. NJ now has twin towers, and we get the PG we need. Bynum already has multiple titles, and with the prospect of Howard coming to town he wont hesitate leaving to avoid coming off the bench just to start in NJ. Once again, both teams are happy. These deals can be done with ease, and all three teams improve.

No need to talk about Bynum since the team has an option in 2012/13, they cant just dump him. My guess is that if the Lakers try to get Howard, they'll cut Bynum first. I can see the drama already.

Problem I see coming is though what happens after Dwight's contract is over after that first season with the Lakers. I can see Buss paying the luxury for him, though.