WHAT IS GOING ON AT THE COURT HOUSE? I'm in Louisana

Winehole23
10-19-2011, 09:19 AM
http://www.kgoam810.com/rssItem.asp?feedid=118&itemid=29741630

CosmicCowboy
10-19-2011, 10:00 AM
Very strange.

*thinking*

What do you think they were looking for?

The courthouse building itself is the seat of county government but in reality it really is a COURT house. Mostly judges offices, court rooms, commissioners court offices, etc. They have some personal and business records there..marriage licenses, lawsuit info, assumed names division etc. but nothing that on the surface would interest a terrorist...

Infrastructure information, plans of buildings, Plans of water systems, birth certificate records...things you would think would interest a terrorist are all at other locations.

hmmmmmm.

boutons_deux
10-19-2011, 10:07 AM
poisoning the water system

FromWayDowntown
10-19-2011, 10:10 AM
Bexar County has two courthouses; these guys were in the old courthouse (apparently), which only houses certain administrative offices and the courts/chambers for some of the civil courts.

CosmicCowboy
10-19-2011, 10:11 AM

They don't keep those records there.

desflood
10-19-2011, 10:14 AM
That was my first thought as well.

Then I thought of Lackland - the primary training base for the AF. Don't suppose they were looking for a base layout and didn't know where to get one?

CosmicCowboy
10-19-2011, 10:16 AM
Bexar County has two courthouses; these guys were in the old courthouse (apparently), which only houses certain administrative offices and the courts/chambers for some of the civil courts.

Did they move the county commissioners offices?

FromWayDowntown
10-19-2011, 10:32 AM
I think the Commissioners' Court is still in the old courthouse; the Court met yesterday morning and held that meeting on the first floor of the courthouse at 100 Dolorosa, which is the old courthouse.

cantthinkofanything
10-19-2011, 10:44 AM
This is from WOAI

http://radio.woai.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=119078&article=9273355

There is a military intelligence convention underway at the city's Convention Center several blocks away, with top intelligence officials including White House officials set to speak, but investigators didn't say whether there was any connection.

FromWayDowntown
10-19-2011, 10:52 AM
I read somewhere that they entered on the 4th floor and went up to the 5th floor, which is the top floor of that building. If that's where they were going, I'm completely baffled, since the only things on the 5th floor are the administrative offices of the local bar association and the county law library.

cantthinkofanything
10-19-2011, 11:07 AM
I read somewhere that they entered on the 4th floor and went up to the 5th floor, which is the top floor of that building. If that's where they were going, I'm completely baffled, since the only things on the 5th floor are the administrative offices of the local bar association and the county law library.

Probably planning on ziplining from the courthouse to the convention center with bombs strapped to their bodies.

FromWayDowntown
10-19-2011, 11:13 AM
Probably planning on ziplining from the courthouse to the convention center with bombs strapped to their bodies.

That would be a pretty asinine plan, given the distance involved and the structures that would lie in between those locations.

lefty
10-19-2011, 11:14 AM
omg

fat terrorists

cantthinkofanything
10-19-2011, 11:17 AM
That would be a pretty asinine plan, given the distance involved and the structures that would lie in between those locations.

Maybe they would go one at a time and take out each building in the way until they finally get a clear path to the convention center.

Winehole23
10-19-2011, 11:22 AM
stick of dynamite, devilish rictusAre you having a fantasy, m8?

elbamba
10-19-2011, 12:52 PM

Maybe this guy didn't win their case but still sent them a bill.

http://www.waynewrightsa.calls.net/

RandomGuy
10-19-2011, 01:06 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/66380.html

Five foreign nationals were arrested on Wednesday after breaking into a San Antonio county courthouse and the FBI is investigating the incident, according to reports.

The five men, who are all in police custody after being arrested around 1:30 a.m., had parked a rented RV filled with visas, cell phones, maps and computers outside the courthouse, the Associated Press reported.

Bexar County Judge Nelson Wolff said he watched surveillance video from the incident and noted that a few of the men could be seen sporting sombreros and waving a gavel.
The AP reported Wolff said it could “just be some guys on a prank.”

The FBI is investigating the break-in, the San Antonio Express-News wrote, and the Department of Homeland Security is working with the agency to determine the immigration status of the five men.

Sheriff’s Dept. spokesperson Louis Antu said the break-in is currently being investigated as a burglary. He said there is no information available connecting it to terrorism.

“We’re in the process of finding out what was going on or why they were in the building,” Antu said, according to the AP. “We got ICE and the FBI involved because we’re dotting I’s and crossing T’s to make sure we don’t have anything more serious.”

The men are being interviewed in police custody, Antu told the AP.

“We don’t know exactly who they are,” Antu said. “Just because they have their visas … who are they really?”

The Express-News reported that at least two of the suspects are “French-Moroccan,” according to a sheriff’s official who spoke to the paper under condition of anonymity.

Three of the men were found inside the building, while the two others waited outside near the RV, the paper added.

“It is a peculiar situation,” FBI spokesperson Erik Vasys told the Express-News. “It is not common to break in to a county courthouse.”

He added that “there doesn’t appear to be any threat to the public safety as of now. I think everything has calmed down.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/66380.html#ixzz1aalWJBrm

Looks like we are moving away from :
:smchode: :smchode: :smchode: :smchode:

and towards:

:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:

:rollin