PDA

View Full Version : LOL 9-9-9 plan to become 9-9 plan

cheguevara
10-19-2011, 11:23 AM
:lmao

Adviser Who Helped Cain Craft 9-9-9 Plan Backs Away From Sales Tax

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/19/adviser-backs-away-from-cains-sales-tax-plan-as-candidate-endures-barrage/#ixzz1bFHjtvYv

One of the key economic advisers who helped presidential candidate Herman Cain draft his 9-9-9 tax plan is backing away from the most controversial component of it, warning that the proposed 9 percent national sales tax might have to go.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/19/adviser-backs-away-from-cains-sales-tax-plan-as-candidate-endures-barrage/#ixzz1bFHn3hoK

cheguevara
10-19-2011, 11:27 AM
:lol can't make this stuff up

"When we designed this plan, I thought people would go along with the 9 percent sales tax. But the point is they won't. And why not just do a payroll tax? It's the devil we know, it's the devil we already have," Moore said.

baseline bum
10-19-2011, 11:28 AM
If 9-9-9 was ever implemented the government would be overthrown within the decade.

DMX7
10-19-2011, 12:11 PM
Stephen Moore is the greatest.

CosmicCowboy
10-19-2011, 12:19 PM
The reason I like a sales tax as a (not the only) revenue source is it at least gets a little revenue from the underground economy...

RandomGuy
10-19-2011, 12:28 PM
The reason I like a sales tax as a (not the only) revenue source is it at least gets a little revenue from the underground economy...

True.

As for Cain's 9-9-9 plan:

Unconsidered silliness.

That said, I ferverently hope he becomes the nominee.

It would be awesome just for the value of making the really small minority of outright racists in the GOP have to choose between two black men for president.

:rollin

cheguevara
10-19-2011, 12:32 PM
don't get me wrong. El Che likes himself a little sales tax too. but americans are just never ready for change they reject it like the plague. This tax plan would make Obamacare look like a seamless painless change.

"I gotta get insurance? fine but why does my 6-pack of Bud cost $2 more!??!?!?"

DMX7
10-19-2011, 12:33 PM
People would freak out if they had to pay 18% sales tax on everything they buy in a state like Texas.

cheguevara
10-19-2011, 12:37 PM
http://ology.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/post-image/466-Cain-999.jpg

FuzzyLumpkins
10-19-2011, 12:42 PM
In today's politics he is going to get hammered more for changing his mind than for any actual policy he would stick with. they certainly will not care what he changes it to.

LOL change.

DarkReign
10-19-2011, 12:44 PM
In Michigan, that would mean a total of 15% in sales tax.

Yeah...not going to happen.

George Gervin's Afro
10-19-2011, 12:47 PM
You guys haven't heard?The 9% sales tax will replace all state income taxes...

CosmicCowboy
10-19-2011, 12:59 PM
In Texas we have specific sales taxes for specific purposes come and go.

A sales tax is passed for a specific purpose, the tax is increased, and a bond is issued to fund the project. When the sales tax pays off the bond, the tax goes away.

I would be ALL OVER a "deficit reduction" sales tax that went away when the budget was balanced.

Politicians would FINALLY get some REAL heat to get serious about spending reductions because 100% of the voters would benefit when they got it under control and balanced the budget.

ducks
10-19-2011, 01:51 PM
I agree. I bet most people would be willing to pay more on taxes to get the budget ballanced after that get away from it as long as it is against the law to spend more then they make

boutons_deux
10-19-2011, 02:49 PM
Perry to Propose a National Flat Tax

Gov. Rick Perry of Texas said Wednesday that he would propose a flat tax next week as part of a tax overhaul program, signaling a new effort to separate himself from Mitt Romney and the rest of the Republican field.

Mr. Perry signaled his intent in a speech to Republicans on Wednesday morning after Tuesday night’s brawl of a Republican debate. He has in the past suggested support for some form of a flat tax, but has backed off from endorsing one. Mr. Perry recently recruited as an adviser Steve Forbes, who ran for president in 1996 on a pledge of implementing a single flat tax on income, without any deductions.

Mr. Perry did not offer details of how his plan would work. He said he wanted to scrap “the three million words of the current tax code and start with something simple: a flat tax.”

“I want to make the tax code so simple that even Timothy Geithner can file his taxes on time,” the governor said.

Mr. Perry said his tax plan would also advocate a “serious” round of spending cuts and endorse a balanced budget amendment.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/19/perry-to-propose-a-national-flat-tax/?partner=rss&emc=rss

DMX7
10-19-2011, 03:46 PM
At least he had the courage to propose raising taxes on poor people.

ChumpDumper
10-19-2011, 05:04 PM
That was a very quick 180. Shows real strength of character.

LnGrrrR
10-19-2011, 05:10 PM
So, in addition to adopting a flat tax, Perry is going to rewire the psychological profiles of everyone in office in order to prevent them from writing exceptions into tax code for favored boosters? Good to hear; I support that.

mingus
10-19-2011, 05:58 PM
True.

As for Cain's 9-9-9 plan:

Unconsidered silliness.

That said, I ferverently hope he becomes the nominee.

It would be awesome just for the value of making the really small minority of outright racists in the GOP have to choose between two black men for president.

:rollin

I'd say just as many racists are liberal. The majority of Mexicans and blacks are liberal, and I was reading an artical a couple years ago where blacks and mexicans were disproportionally more discriminatory toward eachother, whites, and Asians. I'll have to find it.

mingus
10-19-2011, 06:02 PM
That was a very quick 180. Shows real strength of character.

You're right, it shows he's willing to listen to the people.

LnGrrrR
10-19-2011, 06:14 PM
The majority of Mexicans and blacks are liberal

Hispanic people may vote Democratic, but I wouldn't necessarily call them liberal. I find many hispanic families to be rather conservative in their values.

4>0rings
10-19-2011, 07:56 PM
"It's apples to watermelons nigga!"

ChumpDumper
10-20-2011, 04:15 AM
You're right, it shows he's willing to listen to the people.He's willing to flip-flop and pander, yes.

And you are willing to spin.

boutons_deux
10-22-2011, 09:01 AM
some call it the 9-0-9 plan.

another flop:

Before Saying Communities Could ‘Ban Mosques,’ Herman Cain Called Building Them A ‘Guaranteed’ Right

Herman Cain in 2010:

CAIN: I have tried to stay away from this issue, because I understand, like many of you, that people who are capable of getting the necessary permits and are capable of getting the necessary funding to build a mosque on private property is one of those guaranteed liberties we have in this country. I understand that. You understand that. We all understand that.

Herman Cain in 2011:

WALLACE: You’re saying any community, if they want to ban a mosque?

CAIN: Yes. They have a right to do that. That’s not discriminating based upon religion.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/10/22/345524/herman-cain-build-mosque/

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-22-2011, 10:15 AM
Hispanic people may vote Democratic, but I wouldn't necessarily call them liberal. I find many hispanic families to be rather conservative in their values.
This is true. Hispanics are as pro-life and homophobic as they come, they're more populists than they are liberals.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-22-2011, 10:19 AM
You're right, it shows he's willing to listen to the people.
Every candidate is willing to "listen to the people" to get elected. It's what they do when they no longer have to listen to the people that is the mystery.

boutons_deux
10-22-2011, 10:38 AM
So Cain's preening self-confidence is all a con game. He grovel with the worst them when somebody calls his bluff or exposes his bullshit as bullshit. He's so far out of his depth and under-qualified, it's hilarious. The Peter Principle, this dickhead has promoted himself way above the level of his competence.

Cain is a sideshow, he doesn't have chance of being the Repug candidate, but he's great entertainment, like shooting fish in a barrel, or pulling wings off a fly. :lol

mingus
10-22-2011, 10:45 AM
I think it's incredible that Cain has gotten as far as he has in the polls w/o much fundraising. He has no staff around him, gaffs were going to happen along the way because of this, esp. having had no previous experience.

Anyway, Romney is hitting his stride and that's really all that matters.

boutons_deux
10-22-2011, 10:59 AM
"w/o much fundraising."

yep, he'll get killed in advertising vs JimmyRicky and Willard, and if you Cain't spend, you Cain't win.

Wild Cobra
10-22-2011, 11:57 AM
This is true. Hispanics are as pro-life and homophobic as they come, they're more populists than they are liberals.
That's not what he meant you biggot. They don't have an entitlement mentality like liberals do.

boutons_deux
10-22-2011, 12:35 PM
no entitlement? Hispanics all pay for their health insurance and never go to the ER or taxpayer-funded medical facilities?

ElNono
10-22-2011, 12:47 PM

Not to mention religious...

Agloco
10-22-2011, 01:12 PM

Every candidate is willing to "listen to the people" to get elected. It's what they do when they no longer have to listen to the people that is the mystery.

These.

lol Cain

lol truncation

mingus
10-22-2011, 06:36 PM
any way you cut it Hispanics vote Democrat. Blacks and Hispanics happen to be among the most racist groups of people in the U.S. and they are for most part staples of Democratic voting block. and about Cain, i dont disagree with your saying DoK.

as i said, i see Cain's fall (and his recent gaffs qualify it) is more product of fact that he simply has no staff helping him out. add to the fact he's not a traditional politician, and he had this coming. i believe he's seeing flaws with his plan, reflective of not only what his constituency is saying, but pundits and fellow republicans themselves. i don't believe he's pandering to anyone ON THIS PARTICULAR ISSUE, he realized the plan is flawed. put a staff around him though and this whole thing probably never happens. he needs more advisors.

Cry Havoc
10-24-2011, 08:16 PM
6tnLz1oEOGI