PDA

View Full Version : Oh, brother: Perry to Cain

cheguevara
10-19-2011, 12:44 PM
:lol Perry is the weirdest mofo. 10 year governor of texas :lol

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/19/oh-brother-perry-to-cain/

Oh, brother: Perry to Cain

Sullivan added that Perry called Romney the same term, but according to a review of the broadcast and transcripts, the folksy governor only directed the label towards Cain.

Calls to the campaign asking when Perry referred to Romney as "brother" have not been returned.

Perry raised eyebrows when he made the reference, saying: "Herman, I love you, brother, but let me tell you something..." and "I'll bump plans with you, brother, and we'll see who has the best idea."

The Twitter universe especially lit up, with hundreds of people expressing surprise over Perry's use of the word.

Some called it painful, cringe-worthy, or flat-out racist.

Others used humor. Hip-hop artist @TalibKweli said: "Did I just see Rick Perry call Herman Cain "brother" twice like some sort of Texan Hulk Hogan?"

Comedian @KathyGriffin also weighed in: "Awkward. I'm waiting 4 Perry 2 say 'jive turkey.'"

cheguevara
10-19-2011, 12:53 PM
- Moderator Anderson Cooper asks him about the high number of uninsured children in Texas and he turns it into a charge that Romney hired illegal aliens to do his yard work, ignoring the question.

- Cooper asks him about a nuclear-waste storage site at Yucca Mountain and the governor pivots to the 10th Amendment.

- In response to a question about foreign aid — which, in reality, is a miniscule portion of the federal budget — he brought back an old saw from the 1950s: “I think it’s time to have a very real discussion about de-funding the United Nations. . . . Why are we funding that organization?”

:lmao :lmao

DMX7
10-19-2011, 01:08 PM
It wasn't racist as much as it was stupid.

Winehole23
10-19-2011, 01:58 PM
overfamiliar.

the overcompensation more highlights than it does refute the feeling of guiltiness it contrives to dispel; Perry's philadelphian overtures to Cain are basically rude and condescending.

Trill Clinton
10-19-2011, 02:05 PM
ilaughed

Cry Havoc
10-19-2011, 02:38 PM
It's amazing how inept Perry is at handling his national presence. He seemed to think he was just going to walk over the other candidates, and they all look far more composed than he does.

DarrinS
10-19-2011, 03:04 PM
yawn @ this shit

who cares

Oh, Gee!!
10-19-2011, 03:11 PM
leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em!

Stringer_Bell
10-19-2011, 11:21 PM
It was more Hulk Hogan than white dude tryin' to be cool, brother

ChumpDumper
10-20-2011, 04:27 AM
yawn @ this shit

who caresLight bulb.

Cry Havoc
10-20-2011, 05:02 AM
yawn @ this shit

who cares

Yeah, this forum is best saved for hard hitting political discussion. Like iPods!

MaNuMaNiAc
10-20-2011, 07:22 AM
Yeah, this forum is best saved for hard hitting political discussion. Like iPods!

Not to agree with DarrinS but honestly, who does? So he called a black man brother. Is that an insult now? Give me a fucking break.

I understand if people feel it was awkward, but calling it racist?? seriously?? get the fuck out with that shit.

ElNono
10-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Surprised Perry isn't talking about real issues, like dishwasher detergent...

Winehole23
10-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Cain in first, Perry in sixth place in IA:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/iowa/2012_iowa_republican_caucus

boutons_deux
10-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Iowa, less the 1% of the US population. biggest city 200K (1/10 of San Antonio)

one of the perversities of US presidential election system is giving any weight at all to. eg, a miniscule state like Iowa. The entire system stinks, way too long, way too stupid.

UK gets their election over in 30 days, US take 2+ years. Non-stop campaigning rather than non-stop governing.

Winehole23
10-20-2011, 04:07 PM
Non-stop campaigning rather than non-stop governing. One the more obvious problems, but any new curtailment or restriction laid on the current process will surely prompt a tempest of crocodile tears over the intended abridgment of the free speech rights of corporations, national party committees and multimillionaire candidates.

Cry Havoc
10-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Not to agree with DarrinS but honestly, who does? So he called a black man brother. Is that an insult now? Give me a fucking break.

I understand if people feel it was awkward, but calling it racist?? seriously?? get the fuck out with that shit.

That's not my point. I don't care about it either. But I just find it sort of humorous when the conservatives on this forum will go on for pages and pages about an iPod, but this is obviously beneath their discussion criteria. :hat

boutons_deux
10-20-2011, 04:27 PM
a white, right-winger cracka like Jimmy Ricky addressing a black as "brother" is at very best tone def, while worst includes, condescending, racist, insulting, totally inappropriate and very probably unwelcome and fake familiarity.

JayTheClown
10-20-2011, 08:18 PM
It was neither racist nor stupid. Perry has always carried himself as a down to earth sort of guy. Cain may be a conservative, but hes a minister as well, and im sure he has no problem with Perry calling him a brotha. Blacks are perfectly fine when whites refer to them as brother. Perry will catch flack over this due to the ###### Head issue, but I wonder if Clinton had said this would it have triggered the same response.

:lmao How do you know?

Agloco
10-20-2011, 08:38 PM
The Twitter universe especially lit up, with hundreds of people expressing surprise over Perry's use of the word.

Some called it painful, cringe-worthy, or flat-out racist.

Others used humor. Hip-hop artist @TalibKweli said: "Did I just see Rick Perry call Herman Cain "brother" twice like some sort of Texan Hulk Hogan?"

Comedian @KathyGriffin also weighed in: "Awkward. I'm waiting 4 Perry 2 say 'jive turkey.'"

I've gotta go with the "yawn" crowd on this one. The "Perry is a racist" crew is really reaching here imo.

Bender
10-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Some called it ... flat-out racist.
well, I'll just call the people who said this flat-out idiots

Cry Havoc
10-20-2011, 09:49 PM
:lmao How do you know?

He's still pretending to be a black guy on SpursTalk and Naruto forums. :lmao

Nbadan
10-20-2011, 11:26 PM
...I could just picture Rickybobby....hey, Dave.....Double D...you going to ######head tonight...tee..he..hee...

boutons_deux
10-23-2011, 11:55 AM
Cain, Now Running as Outsider, Came to Washington as Lobbyist

he talks up his business experience, casting himself as a "problem solver" and Washington outsider.

From 1996, when he left the pizza company, until 1999, Mr. Cain ran the National Restaurant Association, a once-sleepy trade group that he transformed into a lobbying powerhouse. He allied himself closely with cigarette makers fighting restaurant smoking bans, spoke out against lowering blood-alcohol limits as a way to prevent drunken driving, fought an increase in the minimum wage and opposed a patients' bill of rights - all in keeping with the interests of the industry he represented.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/article?a=857867&f=19

======

Another fraudulent "outsider" is really professional DC insider for a decade.

Cry Havoc
10-23-2011, 02:39 PM
Well there is no pretending on your part, you are quite the nerd.

Thanks for admitting that between the two of us, you are the one who needs to pretend to be a black toughguy to feel better about who you are. :tu