PDA

View Full Version : Wild carnivorous animals running free in a town in Ohio

pawe
10-19-2011, 02:48 PM
http://gma.yahoo.com/animals-loose-ohio-town-under-lockdown-074109614.html

A grizzly bear, mountain lion and a monkey are still on the loose in Ohio after authorities hunted down as many as 51 ferocious animals who were set free by the owner of an animal preserve before killing himself.
Muskingum County Sheriff Matt Lutz told reporters he can't be 100 percent sure that those three animals are the only ones unaccounted for.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2011/10/18/Wild-animals-loose-in-Muskingum-County.html

ZANESVILLE, Ohio —Authorities say that in all, 56 exotic animals escaped from a farm in Muskingum County last night, and two were still missing this afternoon.

Of those animals, 48 were killed. Six animals -- a grizzly bear, three leopards and two monkeys -- were captured alive and taken to the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, and a monkey and a grey wolf were at large. The animals that were killed included 18 tigers, nine male lions, eight female lions, six black bears, three mountain lions, two grizzly bears, one baboon and one wolf, Sheriff Matt Lutz said. The escaped monkey poses a danger because it is infected with herpes, the sheriff said.

The owner of the farm, Terry Thompson, was found dead last night on his property. Authorities say Thompson opened the cage doors and cut the wires on the cages, then killed himself. He died from a gunshot wound. Lutz said Thompson's body was "bothered" by the animals.

Lutz had previously said a grizzly bear and mountain lion were missing. Today, authorities confirmed they killed the bear on the property last night. An officer wounded the mountain lion, which staggered into a neighbor's property and died.

Trainwreck2100
10-19-2011, 02:55 PM
All of my rage at the needless bloodshed of those animals, except for the baboon cause those fuckers are evil

CubanSucks
10-19-2011, 03:02 PM
why couldn't they just tranq them all?

pawe
10-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Such a waste of endangered animals' lives.
Get into a pick up truck with a blow dart and a few tranquilizer darts and put those cats in cages then transport them to the nearest zoo. But no, they have to save the monkeys, god damn pesky monkeys.

jag
10-19-2011, 03:08 PM
The escaped monkey poses a danger because it is infected with herpes, the sheriff said.

"The monkey is absolutely adorable and very friendly. But whatever you do, do not fuck the monkey. It has herpes."

DMC
10-19-2011, 05:39 PM
A monkey? Lebron came back?

DMC
10-19-2011, 05:39 PM
"The monkey is absolutely adorable and very friendly. But whatever you do, do not fuck the monkey. It has herpes."
:lmao

silverblk mystix
10-19-2011, 10:07 PM
Lions and tigers and bears...oh my...

Sisk
10-19-2011, 10:39 PM
I wonder why there weren't any that were tranquilized. I understand a lot of them were probably murdered by cops freaking out that there's a damn lion on the street, but I'm surprised there wasn't at least a few that got tranquilized.

Stringer_Bell
10-19-2011, 10:54 PM
Very sad story. Especially the part where the tigers tore into the monkeys. You'd think they'd have recognized their fellow captives and rejoiced at freedom...but that was not to be.

lefty
10-19-2011, 10:59 PM
Fuck monkeys

One of them disfigured an elderly woman a few years ago

Remember?

Stringer_Bell
10-19-2011, 11:17 PM
Fuck monkeys

One of them disfigured an elderly woman a few years ago

Remember?

That was a chimpanzee! Monkeys are peaceful as fuck.

sXVQuW6T5-Q

silverblk mystix
10-20-2011, 10:11 AM
oh my...

NecK4MwOfeI

NFO
10-20-2011, 01:27 PM
I wonder why there weren't any that were tranquilized.

Hard to tranquilize those animals at dark, becuase once it is hit the animal will likely run. Are you going to track down a lion in the dark after it was hit by a tranquilizer to see if has kicked in while there are numerous other dangerous animals in the area? I'm guessing your answer is no.

Since it was dark and night vision equipment was used it was safer to just kill the animals rather than risk them killing a human. If you want to blame someone you can blame the governor, who in April turned down passing a law that would have shut down this animal resuce area, at thich point the animals could have been distributed to zoos throughout the country.

but I'm surprised there wasn't at least a few that got tranquilized.

Some were tranqulized and taken to the Columbus Zoo.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-20-2011, 02:01 PM
Very sad story. Especially the part where the tigers tore into the monkeys. You'd think they'd have recognized their fellow captives and rejoiced at freedom...but that was not to be.

"That tigah went tigah!"

pawe
10-20-2011, 03:03 PM
Hard to tranquilize those animals at dark, becuase once it is hit the animal will likely run. Are you going to track down a lion in the dark after it was hit by a tranquilizer to see if has kicked in while there are numerous other dangerous animals in the area? I'm guessing your answer is no.

Since it was dark and night vision equipment was used it was safer to just kill the animals rather than risk them killing a human. If you want to blame someone you can blame the governor, who in April turned down passing a law that would have shut down this animal resuce area, at thich point the animals could have been distributed to zoos throughout the country.

They only run because of the noise the rifle makes.
I saw videos in youtube where they use a blow dart and the animals wont even feel it.

The owner of the animals is a fucking douchebag though and I hope he gets his balls clawed and squished by satan's claws and hoofs all day in hell.

Sisk
10-20-2011, 05:24 PM
The owner of the animals is a fucking douchebag though and I hope he gets his balls clawed and squished by satan's claws and hoofs all day in hell.

:toast

DMC
10-20-2011, 06:22 PM
I saw videos in youtube where they use a blow dart and the animals wont even feel it.

By a thorny cocked cacodemon with no lube, not even spit.

blizz
10-20-2011, 07:16 PM
You gotta think there were a lot of good'ole boy redneck cops that saw this as their chance to shoot a lion/bear/tiger and couldn't wait to get his hunt on. Fuck that asshole that let them loose, I'm glad he's dead. What a dick.

NFO
10-20-2011, 07:26 PM

Still can't tranquilize in the dark. The animals were released around 5 pm, thus the authorities only had an hr and a half of day light. The majority of the animals were killed at night.

Okay you get within a bengal tiger that has not eaten in 2 days and try to blow dart him. :rollin

He took his own life after opening all the cages and had bite marks in his head.

silverblk mystix
10-20-2011, 08:10 PM
what the fuck are all you pussies cryin' about?

oooh...oooooh...they shot a tiger...oooohhhh!!!!

What...you prefer having thirty or forty mauled kids all over the fuckin' streets of ohio????

get a fuckin' clue....they shot and killed some wild fuckin beasts....who gives a fuck?

silverblk mystix
10-20-2011, 08:11 PM
I wonder why there weren't any that were tranquilized. I understand a lot of them were probably murdered by cops freaking out that there's a damn lion on the street, but I'm surprised there wasn't at least a few that got tranquilized.

Pussy.