PDA

View Full Version : Gadhafi Might be Dead or Captured

Oh, Gee!!
10-20-2011, 09:04 AM
reports still coming in.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/20/libyan-fighters-say-they-have-captured-gadhafi/?iref=BN1

Capt Bringdown
10-20-2011, 09:30 AM
Dead as:
http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/abc_dead_tigers_lions_bears_nt_111019_ssh.jpg

velik_m
10-20-2011, 12:07 PM
http://img.rtvslo.si/_up/upload/2011/10/20/64828630_ef106_libya_1020_11.jpg

Creepn
10-20-2011, 12:34 PM
"$2 Billion spent and not a single life lost"

Wow. Pretty effective warfare.

Winehole23
10-20-2011, 12:52 PM
Zero US lives, thousands of Libyans.

hater
10-20-2011, 03:32 PM
damn looks like he died a fucked up death. Was still alive while being beaten and dragged by the hair by the rebels.

hater
10-20-2011, 03:40 PM
AiTdYEcIGdU

Nbadan
10-20-2011, 07:09 PM
Gadhafi could have fled Lybia and lived a very comfortable life.....yet he stayed....

FuzzyLumpkins
10-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Gadhafi could have fled Lybia and lived a very comfortable life.....yet he stayed....

He was a character.

Drachen
10-20-2011, 07:25 PM
Does anyone else get sick at these videos? Like, take the guy out, pop him in the back of the head (if you aren't going to have a trial), I don't see the point in parading and torturing the guy on camera before killing him. Before everyone jumps down my back I don't see the fact that he did this to others as an excuse to do this to him.

That being said, I know we weren't the ones taking the video (though we are showing it). Before I changed the channel when I realized what they were showing, it occurred to me that I am very proud of the way the administration handled the Bin Laden situation. That isn't something I had thought about heretofore.

(Edit: yes I realize that this is an unpopular opinion)

hater
10-20-2011, 07:54 PM
not really. It's pretty fucked up the way Ghadafi was killed. He was pretty much tortured and mauled and murdered by a bunch of revolutionaries. But that's pretty much how the French King + Queen were killed in the French revolution and that's what happens in revolutions.

You cannot compare it to US killing of Bin Laden. Well fed and dressed Marines were not revolutionaires and they had a live video conference link to Obama + company to decide exactly what to do with his body.

what I find most disturbing is Ghadafi was tortured and killed the way many martyrs including Jesus was. Pretty eerie huh?

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-20-2011, 07:57 PM
AiTdYEcIGdU
I don't support the US involvement at all, but he had every bit of that coming to him. I hope he suffered as much as possible to his last breath.

cheguevara
10-20-2011, 08:58 PM
Qaddafi was on some major drugs in the last 5 years IMO. he fucked the Russians over that is why they left him alone to get raped by the West.

if you don't think Qadaffi's demise was planned years in advance, you blind

In 2008 he had a chance to strike a great deal with the Russians:
http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Vladimir+Putin+Muammar+al+Gaddafi+Vladimir+Aa81jZc JCVll.jpg

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/WTARC/2008/eu_russia0720_11_18.asp

Qaddafi irks Putin, plays 'three Slavic brothers' off one another on shopping trip

MOSCOW — Russia appears exasperated after Libya balked at signing a major weapons contract.

The sources said the government of Prime Minister Vladimir Putin had expected Libyan leader Moammar Qaddafi to sign an agreement to procure billions of dollars worth of aircraft, main battle tanks and air defense systems during his visit to Libya in October 2008. Instead, Qaddafi left Moscow to negotiate defense deals with neighboring Belarus and Ukraine.
"Russia is unlikely to get what it wants from Libya," Russian defense analyst Andrei Murtazin said.

"Which of the three Slavic brothers will the Libyan leader choose?" Murtazin asked. "From whom will he buy more arms? We will know the answer only when more warships, aircraft and tanks marked 'Made in USSR' are sent to Tripoli under the watchful eye of space-based monitoring systems."

In an analysis for the RIA Novosti agency, Murtazin said Russia had expected Qaddafi to sign contracts worth up to $4.5 billion during his three-day visit to Russia. The Russian analyst said Moscow offered Libya the most advanced weaponry, much of it still unavailable to the Russian military.
"Analysts are worried that no official statements on the signing of Russian-Libyan documents were made in Moscow, while Belarus has signed agreements," Murtazin said.

Industry sources said Putin, in particular, was dismayed over Qaddafi's refusal to sign weapons contracts with Moscow. They said Putin, who agreed to write off Libya's $4.5 billion debt, met Qaddafi in Tripoli in April 2008, and the two leaders agreed to promote defense and energy cooperation.

"Everything is moving very slowly, much too slowly for Putin," a defense source said.

During Qaddafi's visit to Moscow, the Libyan leader was shown the Su-35 multi-role fighter, the T-90 MBT, the S-300PMU2 air defense system and the Ka-50-2 attack helicopter. No deals were announced.

But Qaddafi was said to have negotiated for Soviet-era S-300 platforms in Belarus and Ukraine. The sources said both Kiev and Minsk offered the platforms at a much cheaper price than Moscow.

cheguevara
10-20-2011, 08:59 PM
You Piss Lord Putin off, you get left for the wolves

Nbadan
10-20-2011, 11:20 PM
,,,,,and Great Britain came in with NATO and Gadhafi is no Mo....

Wild Cobra
10-21-2011, 04:04 AM
Does anyone else get sick at these videos? Like, take the guy out, pop him in the back of the head (if you aren't going to have a trial), I don't see the point in parading and torturing the guy on camera before killing him. Before everyone jumps down my back I don't see the fact that he did this to others as an excuse to do this to him.

That being said, I know we weren't the ones taking the video (though we are showing it). Before I changed the channel when I realized what they were showing, it occurred to me that I am very proud of the way the administration handled the Bin Laden situation. That isn't something I had thought about heretofore.

(Edit: yes I realize that this is an unpopular opinion)
Like I said, the new regime will be worse than the old.

TDMVPDPOY
10-21-2011, 04:35 AM

arab spring rebuilding with muppets in govt ordained by the west = failure

just like at afghanistan govt...a bunch of corrupted fcks....

egypts new govt hasnt done shit lately also

Drachen
10-21-2011, 07:56 AM

I don't think that anything that happened points to that at all. Its not like this is uncommon. I mean (going back to the example in the post) there were tons and tons of people screaming for footage of Bin Laden's death (and not only for verification purposes).

Drachen
10-21-2011, 07:57 AM
arab spring rebuilding with muppets in govt ordained by the west = failure

just like at afghanistan govt...a bunch of corrupted fcks....

egypts new govt hasnt done shit lately also

Tunisia is having their first free election THIS weekend.