PDA

View Full Version : Eminem

GiNoBiLi!!!
06-15-2005, 01:04 AM
I was a Eminem fan until i saw him spining his towl around like a helicopter when Ben Wallace slam it. I knew he was from Detroit but i didnt know he was a hardcore Pistons fan. Im so dissapointed. Tell me what yall think

atlfan25
06-15-2005, 01:05 AM
i could care less much less be dissapointed that someone from Detroit is a pistons fan.

mavsfan1000
06-15-2005, 01:05 AM
I hate that punk

T Park
06-15-2005, 01:09 AM
Why should that bother you??

A talentless piece of white trash out there acting like a moron.

Reminded me of a Sacramento Kings game.

bdubya
06-15-2005, 01:39 AM
That's the FIRST game I can remember seeing Eminem at. Scrooo'im; Mr. Ritchie, Mr. Hearns, and even Mr. Seger have been there when things didn't look so good.
"Paging Jack White....paging Jack White...."

Go Pistons Go!
06-15-2005, 03:17 AM
Um, hello Eminem has been to plenty of games when he is in the D. He is in LA a lot with his music, so when he is around he goes to the games. You guys don't like him just because he's from Detroit.

dcole50
06-15-2005, 04:29 AM
no, i just don't like him becase he's a talentless hack. the fact that he roots for the pistons does not change that.

i want to find photos of seger at older pistons game. could be a lark. or atleast proof that detroit has fans who are talented.

TheTruth
06-15-2005, 05:08 AM

Funniest thing i have read in a long time.

RobinsontoDuncan
06-15-2005, 06:13 AM
^ I don't get the kings reference, care to enlighten me?

PistonsNation
06-15-2005, 06:44 AM
Bob Seger goes to a lot of Pistons games. I've seen Eminem at some games, but not as many as say Kid Rock or Seger.

How exactly is Eminem a talentless hack? Just becuase you don't care for him doesn't make him a hack. Eminem is mad talented. Hacks or novelty acts don't last in hip-hop, and that dude is still around selling more than any of the other rappers you probably consider talented. I'm not a huge fan, but I don't hate on people just because they're good.

SouthernFried
06-15-2005, 07:07 AM
Eminem is a talentless, scumbag of a human being.

But, that's not what bothers me about the insecure punk. It's the people that think he's something. He can't sing, he can't play an instrument...he can't even talk without absolute crap coming out of his mouth.

You want talent?

Detroit has one of the most talented musicians around...STEVIE WONDER. Not that I thought his songs last night were the best, tho his harmonica rendition of the national anthem was interesting...but, STEVIE has talent man! Stevie is a MUSICIAN!

Does anyone remember musicians?

Same goes for Seger, and so much other fine detroit talent. Hell, I'll even give Kid Rock more props than eminem.

Detroit has way too many talented artists there...Eminem is not one of them. Eminem is an attitude...not a talent.

desflood
06-15-2005, 08:44 AM
Um, hello Eminem has been to plenty of games when he is in the D. He is in LA a lot with his music, so when he is around he goes to the games. You guys don't like him just because he's from Detroit.
Actually, being from Michigan myself, I don't like the guy because he is human crap.

Experiment2100
06-15-2005, 08:46 AM
Another reason for the Spurs to win it on Det.'s floor.

Pistons < Spurs
06-15-2005, 08:52 AM
Eminem is a talentless, scumbag of a human being.

But, that's not what bothers me about the insecure punk. It's the people that think he's something. He can't sing, he can't play an instrument...

So I'm guessing that you dislike all rappers since harxdly any of them play an instrument or sing. Quit hating on the guy because he doesn't perform a style of music that you appreciate or like. Eminem is one of the best lyricists to ever pick up a mic'.

samikeyp
06-15-2005, 09:05 AM
So because Eminem is a celebrity, he should golf clap? The dude is a fan....he has the right to cheer just like the rest of us.

WayDowntownBang
06-15-2005, 09:12 AM
For a team and fans that can't get enough of seeing a famous "Desperate Housewife" in the crowd and shots of her every 30 seconds, I find it ironic that someone can complain because they see a celebrity from Detroit cheering for the team he grew up with. Give me a break.

Eminem is from Detroit, grew up within 10 miles of where I grew up, and we're the same age. He watched the same Pistons growing up as I did. He didn't hit fame status until a relatively old age for musicians nowadays.

So, he waves a towel in the air, and that makes him an idiot? Do you go to games and cheer for your team? Does that make you an idiot?

And I'm not even going to TOUCH the fact that people are calling him untalented. That's another foolish argument for another board. Seger and Wonder were there too, along with many other Detroit celebrities.

If you can glorify a Desperate Housewife, you probably shouldn't try and come down on a 'rapper'. You know what they say about rocks and glass houses, right?

SouthernFried
06-15-2005, 09:12 AM
Eminem sucks because he's a lousy excuse for a human being.

The fact he can't play or sing anything just makes him a lousy excuse of a musician.

Eminem is an attitude...not a musician or a talent. His appeal is to bad-ass wannabe's who think that "attitude" is somehow cool. Children mostly.

samikeyp
06-15-2005, 09:14 AM
If you can glorify a Desperate Housewife, you probably shouldn't try and come down on a 'rapper'. You know what they say about rocks and glass houses, right?

There is a difference though. She plays a role, he lives the role. That being said, I am not trying to dog him. I am a fan of his and like I said earlier he has the right to cheer just like anyone else.

nkdlunch
06-15-2005, 09:25 AM
Who cares? It's a free country, pick whatever team you like. Eminem is white trash but he got talent, why you hatin.

MainEvent
06-15-2005, 09:26 AM
Who cares? It's a free country, pick whatever team you like. Eminem is white trash but he got talent, why you hatin.

:lol Nice post.

mookie2001
06-15-2005, 11:19 AM
why would anyone be a fan of eminem?

WayDowntownBang
06-15-2005, 11:22 AM
why would anyone be a fan of eminem?

The same reason people would be a fan of the Spurs.

Freedom of choice.

For every person who can call Eminem white trash, I can turn around and use other racial remarks to say, an international basketball star. I'm still not quite sure why using racial remarks is considered so bad (which they should be), yet calling someone white trash is ok.

mookie2001
06-15-2005, 11:27 AM
im not saying that hes white trash im saying his music sucks donkey balls

i can name dozens of rappers with better rhymes,beats and voice

he blows
at music
which is his profession

Chris4
06-15-2005, 11:29 AM
yes, wonderful logic involved in this thread. eminem should be hated...who the hell goes to basketball games, waves a towel over his head, and roots for the hometown team? honestly, what is he thinking. i'm sure if you could do what he does and gain half the fame, you would take it. you are entitled to your own opinion about the man but don't post this garbage that you claim as support. to each his own.

mookie2001
06-15-2005, 11:31 AM
i dont care if he likes the marshall rams his music still makes me sick

nkdlunch
06-15-2005, 11:32 AM
I'm not a fan but I have some of his records. They're funny, especially when he makes fun of people like Britney Spears, Vanilla Ice, Michael Jackson etc :lol

And his videos are funny as hell

WayDowntownBang
06-15-2005, 11:40 AM
im not saying that hes white trash im saying his music sucks donkey balls

i can name dozens of rappers with better rhymes,beats and voice

he blows
at music
which is his profession

I don't request dozens.

Give me one dozen. You can't find 3 rappers with better rhymes, and if you're going to tell me that Dr. Dre's beats are crap, you lose all the respect you never had in the first place. As for his voice, it's unique. I'm not sure how you can judge 'that guy's voice is better than that guy's voice". Unless of course, you play for the 'other team'.

mookie2001
06-15-2005, 11:44 AM
biggie smalls
rza gza inspecta deck raekwon odb ugod ghostface killah method man, b-real, adrock, mca, mike d, the entire geto boys, the entire ugk, bdp krsone, gangstarr

off my head

Lady M
06-15-2005, 11:44 AM
I love Spurs and Eminem (he's my avatar)
I see him last year during the finals

you can say you d'ont love is music like some can say he don't love spurs tactic but they all are very talented :elephant

mookie2001
06-15-2005, 11:46 AM
ice cube, eazy e, nas, quasimoto, del the funky homosapian, the entire suc,

even shitty second class rapper own him

outkast, esg, lil flip bone thugs

WayDowntownBang
06-15-2005, 11:47 AM
biggie smalls
rza gza inspecta deck raekwon odb ugod ghostface killah method man, b-real, adrock, mca, mike d, the entire geto boys, the entire ugk, bdp krsone, gangstarr

off my head

Biggie I don't know if I can argue with, but dude's gone.

Old Dirty Bastard? Did you just say ODB was tighter than Em? Mike D?

Just because you can list a list of rappers, you're going to tell me that Ghostface has better LYRICS than Em? That's crazy. I may be a white dude, and maybe I'm on the cracker-bandwagon of Em, but I've managed local acts and I can't say that I've ever heard anyone say that B-Real is tigher than Em.

Maybe I do need another dozen. Dirty Dozen, maybe? D12?

WayDowntownBang
06-15-2005, 11:49 AM

Cube had some flows, but I still wouldn't put him with Em. Eazy was tight too, but now you're just picking names off the mainstream list and saying they've got better lyrics? NWA MADE Hip Hop what it was, but just because they innovated doesn't make them the best. I can't even try to defend Quas or the funky homo. Keep going. Third dozen, please.

mookie2001
06-15-2005, 11:49 AM
b-real!!!!!!!!!!!!!! would make eminem act like his slutty little girl he puts in all the videos
anyway this isnt a rap thread
the pistons will lose

WayDowntownBang
06-15-2005, 11:50 AM

even shitty second class rapper own him

outkast, esg, lil flip bone thugs

Since you edited this, I have to laugh if you're even going to put Outkast and Em in the same category. They're about as different as Britney Spears and Marilyn Manson. Same with Bone Thugs N Harmony. Loved them, and Crossroads was pimp.. but lyrically? C'mon now.

WayDowntownBang
06-15-2005, 11:51 AM
b-real!!!!!!!!!!!!!! would make eminem act like his slutty little girl he puts in all the videos
the pistons will lose

Ok, you win that round. You proved me wrong. /laugh.

B-Real.

/chuckle.

mookie2001
06-15-2005, 11:51 AM
THE ENTIRE SUC
youre not from texas-- like eminem since you think he's the greatest rapper of all time, i guess kid rock is the greatest rock musician of all time too

Duff McCartney
06-15-2005, 11:52 AM
I used to like Eminem, but then I realized that he does the same shit all the time in his music.

He comes out with an upbeat song bashing everybody he can find, then comes back with a slow song describing how screwed up his life is or how it sucks to be a celebrity.

It's getting old. Maybe if he came out with something different he might actually gain more points with me.

nkdlunch
Eminem is top 10. These guys are in it too: Nas, Talib, Ludacris, homosapien, twista

theMUHMEshow

you are an IDIOT! I have had season tickets for the past 4 years, and I have seen him at 2 games, and one was last night! You are full of it if you think he goes to games...he is a joke that wants to rep detroit but he isnt never around any more!

mookie2001
06-15-2005, 11:53 AM
eminem raps about how people want to be like him and that he loves his daughter and hates his mom and exwife

breal raps about guns and smoking weed, give me a fucking break

Duff McCartney
06-15-2005, 11:53 AM
Since you edited this, I have to laugh if you're even going to put Outkast and Em in the same category. They're about as different as Britney Spears and Marilyn Manson. Same with Bone Thugs N Harmony. Loved them, and Crossroads was pimp.. but lyrically? C'mon now.

Personally I'd take Outkast anyday over Eminem. Outkast's albums are ten times what Eminem does. Their albums are different from each other in every single way.

Just listen to Aquemini, Stankonia, and Speakerboxxx/Love Below and you'll see how different they are.

theMUHMEshow
06-15-2005, 11:54 AM
the pistons will lose

B-Real sounds like hes got baby nuts

nkdlunch
06-15-2005, 11:54 AM
I agree, Eminem's raps was hot when first came out. It's getting old now.

theMUHMEshow
06-15-2005, 11:55 AM
I take K I D R O C K and his early shit when he was rhymin over EM. and I love em, fact of the matter is Kid smoked him when they were just starting out at the hip hop shop.

Wax that booty

WayDowntownBang
06-15-2005, 12:00 PM
Personally I'd take Outkast anyday over Eminem. Outkast's albums are ten times what Eminem does. Their albums are different from each other in every single way.

Just listen to Aquemini, Stankonia, and Speakerboxxx/Love Below and you'll see how different they are.

Duff, I misspoke the way I compared Outkast. I meant 'in different categories' literally. I don't think you can compare an Eminem album to an Outkast album. It's so different. They're differernt genres completely. For the record, I'm a big Outkast fan as well. Not debating their ability in the least.

Horry For 3!
06-15-2005, 12:06 PM
Eminem Sucks, Rap Sucks

WayDowntownBang
06-15-2005, 12:07 PM
Eminem Sucks, Rap Sucks

Great opinion. What do you think about the Presidential Elections? Please give us an essay in 4 or less words.

ALVAREZ6
06-15-2005, 12:08 PM
You can't find 3 rappers with better rhymes
You're right, you know, "humping dead animals and antelopes" are clearly the best lyrics, IMO.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-15-2005, 12:19 PM
I can't believe this argument has gone on as long as it has. For shit's sake, Eminem almost got into a fist fight with a sock puppet! I used to like him but nowadays he's just using his music to bitch at celebrities, even though he might be the thinnest skinned guy in the business. Come to think of it, no wonder he's a Pistons fan. He and Rasheed have the same message. "Why won't anyone respect me? HEY FUCK YOU!" I think the real question is which one of them has the looser screws.

combs84
06-15-2005, 02:31 PM
you are an IDIOT! I have had season tickets for the past 4 years, and I have seen him at 2 games, and one was last night! You are full of it if you think he goes to games...he is a joke that wants to rep detroit but he isnt never around any more!

I go to a lot of games and I have seen Eminem at 4-5 of them. I also know he was at all the Finals games last year. He doesn't go to everygame but neither do most people. More useless bashing for no reason.

Go Pistons Go!
06-15-2005, 02:36 PM
Muhme, what is YOUR problem? Seriously, you are doing some useless bashing. We like the same team, end of story. Stop the stupid comments

Kori Ellis
06-15-2005, 02:38 PM
It's pretty bad that during the NBA Finals, Pistons and Spurs fans are debating the abilities of Eminem. :wtf

Go Spurs :lol

WayDowntownBang
06-15-2005, 02:57 PM
I can hardly keep up with all these posts. I've been at work since 8:30am EST, and it's now 4pm. I've got *NOTHING* done here.

Oopsie.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-15-2005, 03:19 PM
Eminem is cool because he goes beyond the call of duty to prove to people that he 'doesnt give a fuck'

"Twenty thousand other white rap-pers emerge!"
--Eminem

White Rapper count:

1) Sparxxx, Bubba
2) ...............

mavsfan1000
06-15-2005, 03:25 PM
Eminem should :stfu

nkdlunch
06-15-2005, 03:27 PM
Eminem is cool because he goes beyond the call of duty to prove to people that he 'doesnt give a fuck'

"Twenty thousand other white rap-pers emerge!"
--Eminem

White Rapper count:

1) Sparxxx, Bubba
2) ...............

There are 20,000 rappers emmerging, but 19,999 of them suck ass :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
06-15-2005, 03:33 PM
There are 20,000 rappers emmerging, but 19,999 of them suck ass :lol

bull shit, name 10 of them

SouthernFried
06-15-2005, 03:43 PM
Rappers, and the people who like it...seem to revel in acting stupid, talking stupid, and having an attitude about talking and acting stupid..."I don't give a fuck!"

I blame this all on Blondie.

circa. 1981. "Rapture" by Blondie.

Vashner
06-15-2005, 03:55 PM
The dude is funny... that's what makes his rap different.

Of course it's part show...

Cant_Be_Faded
06-15-2005, 03:59 PM
Is it any coincidence that your top 5 rappers are without a doubt the top 5 most commercial rappers?

need i remind you that one of eminem's lyrics is
"im sorry momma i never meant to make you cry but tonight im cleaning out my closet"

And need i remind you he sampled a song from Dido???

Dude if you really feel that strongly about eminem you might as well die your head bleach blonde and start hating on all the other "20000 other white rappers" that are challenging Eminem's supremacy to the rap throne.

Listen to fucking Kool Keith dude, THAT guy knows how to fucking flow....
He doesnt make a movie about him entering a flow contest or try to get you to feel sorry for his tough upbringing then purposely tells you (almost ironically) that he "doesnt give a fuck"

Dude why are all the funniest posts coming out this week....im already booked up.

Well, next week if we've won the championship and im in a good mood, your little eminem-sucking post will be the LOL of the fucking century

Cant_Be_Faded
06-15-2005, 04:00 PM
VANILLA ICE & ATMOSPHERE!!!!

dude vanilla ice preceded eminem, you are a fan shouldnt you know his shitty ass lyrics??????

ok atmosphere, thats 2, count 'em, 2 white rappers we have so far.

wheres the other 19,998??????

alamo50
06-15-2005, 04:01 PM
Eminem rules and I love it that he shows his support like he does.

Willinsa
06-15-2005, 06:09 PM

Awesome. :lol

JustSpurs
06-15-2005, 06:20 PM
It's pretty bad that during the NBA Finals, Pistons and Spurs fans are debating the abilities of Eminem. :wtf

Awsome Kori!

samikeyp
06-15-2005, 06:44 PM
VANILLA ICE & ATMOSPHERE!!!!

You forgot Snow.

"IN-FORRRR-MER!" :lmao :lmao

Cant_Be_Faded
06-15-2005, 06:45 PM
You forgot Snow.

"IN-FORRRR-MER!" :lmao :lmao

informer ruled....better than any eminem song ever....do you think they'll be singing Im the Real Slim Shady 15 years from now? My friends and I still bust out the lyrics to informer every once in a blue moon....

and once again, this man preceded eminem

NZHayden
06-15-2005, 06:45 PM
eminems gay

Duff McCartney
06-15-2005, 07:01 PM
informer ruled....better than any eminem song ever....do you think they'll be singing Im the Real Slim Shady 15 years from now? My friends and I still bust out the lyrics to informer every once in a blue moon....

and once again, this man preceded eminem

I can't even get into Snow's lyrics. Doesn't he talk about getting a finger up the ass in that song?

Duff McCartney
06-15-2005, 07:02 PM
Duff, I misspoke the way I compared Outkast. I meant 'in different categories' literally. I don't think you can compare an Eminem album to an Outkast album. It's so different. They're differernt genres completely. For the record, I'm a big Outkast fan as well. Not debating their ability in the least.

I think they are in the same category, Outkast just does things musically that Eminem could never dream of doing.

I think Outkast comes up with some of the most original music I've ever heard from any rapper.

Duff McCartney
06-15-2005, 07:04 PM
I can't believe this argument has gone on as long as it has. For shit's sake, Eminem almost got into a fist fight with a sock puppet! I used to like him but nowadays he's just using his music to bitch at celebrities, even though he might be the thinnest skinned guy in the business. Come to think of it, no wonder he's a Pistons fan. He and Rasheed have the same message. "Why won't anyone respect me? HEY FUCK YOU!" I think the real question is which one of them has the looser screws.

I thought it was hilarious too. Now he's trying to actually be friends with Triumph. I guess he must have heard how everybody was downing on him for not being able to take it from a puppet, and now he's trying to make up for it. What a pathetic attempt.

I also find it funny that whoever he downs on it's always somebody that he maybe could beat up in a fist fight, IE Moby, N Sync dudes, Britney, Christina, et al....

I doubt he'd ever actually call somebody out that is physically bigger and stronger than him. He's nothing but a punk.

Dre_7
06-15-2005, 07:15 PM
the only rappers of all time better than Eminem are Pac and Jay-z.

1.2Pac
2. Jay-z
3. Eminem
4. Biggie
5. Snoop
6. Dre

Damn dude!!!!
You are HIGH AS HELL with that list there!!!!! :smokin :smokin
Pass me some of the weed you are smokin!!!

Heres a better list:
1. Rakim
2. KRS-One
3. Nas

WTHECK!?!?!?!?! Eminem #3!?!?!?!?!!?!?!? WHAT??????!?!?!?!!?

Cant_Be_Faded
06-15-2005, 07:20 PM
Damn dude!!!!
You are HIGH AS HELL with that list there!!!!! :smokin :smokin
Pass me some of the weed you are smokin!!!

Heres a better list:
1. Rakim
2. KRS-One
3. Nas

WTHECK!?!?!?!?! Eminem #3!?!?!?!?!!?!?!? WHAT??????!?!?!?!!?

LOL!!!! i know right

i bet his top 5 all time artists are
1) backstreet boys
2) n'sync
3) kelly clarkson
well you get the idea....

Nasir ownz, now that man can rap.

Dre_7
06-15-2005, 07:23 PM
BTW, there are/were ALOT of better rappers then Eminem.

Ice Cube, Pac, Biggie, Melie Mel, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Jay Z, Big L, Common, Snoop, and I could go on and on!

Eminem is WAY overrated!!

Cant_Be_Faded
06-15-2005, 07:28 PM
i smell this thread moving to the club very soon....

but yeah i can go on as well

Q-Tip
Phife Dogg
B-Real
Kool Keith
Vik Vaughn
UGK
Lil Flip (not new stuff)
Eazy E
Master P

Should i go on further?

ok

the Rza
the Gza
Old dirty bza
Specta Deck
Raekwon the Chef
Ugod
Ghostface Killah
and tha METHOD

mookie2001
06-15-2005, 07:29 PM
i guess i'm insane because eminem blows

did someone just say jay z AND eminem are better than biggie?

Cant_Be_Faded
06-15-2005, 07:30 PM
i guess i'm insane because eminem blows

did someone just say jay z AND eminem are better than biggie?

yeah the same person who said:

"If u dont like Eminem, u are fucking insane. Well u have to like rap first. Any fan of rap knows that eminem is legit."

:shootme

Dre_7
06-15-2005, 07:34 PM
Eminem has skills, no doubt, he just doesnt know how to freakin use them right!!!!!! That is what makes it even worse!!!

Marklar MM
06-15-2005, 07:41 PM

Ice Cube, Pac, Biggie, Melie Mel, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Jay Z, Big L, Common, Snoop, and I could go on and on!

How many of those mentioned are white.

Dre_7
06-15-2005, 07:42 PM
How many of those mentioned are white.

None, whats your point?

Pistons < Spurs
06-15-2005, 08:15 PM
No one's mentioned Slick Rick?

Also glad to see some Wu Tang love going around!

weebo
06-15-2005, 08:31 PM
LMAO!!! It's funny arguing about rappers!

Dre_7
06-15-2005, 08:50 PM
You know why those rappers are commercialized? Cuz they are good. If the rappers u listed were so good, why arent they making more money? Why dont they play their shit on TV/radio?

:lmao :lmao :lmao

No, they are considered "good" because they are comercialized. Its not about makin money, and selling records. Just cuz someone can sell records to 13 year old girls doesnt mean they are good.

In the words of one of the greatest MC's EVER, KRS-One: "Im relying on talent, not marketing and promotion." Its about skills. You ever listen to MC's that they dont "play on the radio"??? Perhaps you should.

Dre_7
06-15-2005, 08:52 PM
He is about a tight beat with his flow.

Have you listened to Encore? It is one of the WORST albums I have ever heard. :lol

Dre_7
06-15-2005, 09:05 PM
nahh dawg u have it wrong. they sound good so people buy their shit. they become popular, thus commercialized at the same time. I listen to people all the time that arent on the radio: JT the Bigga Figga, Mistah Fab, Messy Marv, Andre Nickatina
....just to name a few. While they are good, they arent on the same level of stars like HOVA and em.

So then I assume youve heard KRS-One right??

Dre_7
06-15-2005, 09:05 PM
Encore/curtains down, rain man, never enough, mockingbird, like toy soldiers, and just lose it are all incredibly popular.

I rest my case!!!

Dre_7
06-15-2005, 09:06 PM
PAC IS THE BEST OF ALL TIME....hands down.

No, Pac is the most popular of all time! But that doesnt make him the best.

Dre_7
06-15-2005, 09:10 PM
yeah hes been around since i was born. he is aight...i just dont like his voice though

Aight?!?!?!?!!?!?

Ok. :lol

Dre_7
06-15-2005, 09:12 PM
huh? they a popular cuz people like me like em

Okay, I'll give ya that. By that logic, Duncan is not the most popular player in the NBA, so that must mean hes not that good. Right??? Oh! And Amare >>>>>>>>>>>> Timmy

As Spurs fans you all should know that popularity doesnt always equal greatness.

Dre_7
06-15-2005, 09:14 PM
the thing is i havent heard many of his songs so i would be a good judge of how good he is. what are ur two favorites???? then i will download them and tell u what i think. that is fair

Hes got alot of good stuff. The Return of the Boom Bap album is one of the best albums of all time IMO.

Dre_7
06-15-2005, 09:15 PM
thas tru dre....popularity doesnt always equal greatness.

2pac2pac2pac

I never said 2Pac was bad. I love Pac. I just happen to think that there were/are more talented artists then him.

mookie2001
06-15-2005, 09:18 PM
eminem sucks.

Dre_7
06-15-2005, 09:21 PM
WHO????

KRS-One
Rakim

Dre_7
06-15-2005, 09:21 PM
the reason duncan isnt that popular cuz he aint flashy. not everyone who is popular is good, i will give u that. but in this case, i think eminem is good and not just cuz he is popular. i would still like the guy no matter what. And more people in the NBA like Duncan than Amare, even though amare is more fun to watch to the average fan.

Ya know, thats a great analogy. The reason KRS and others arnt Popular is cuz they aint flashy(ie- dont sing about sex, pussy, murder, money, bling, alcohol, etc) most mainstream artests are popular cuz they sing about those things, and they are marketed as great. It should be about talent, not marketing and promotion. Just cuz someone can sell albums to rich suburban white boys, doesnt mean they are good.

And I never said Eminem wasnt good. He has mad skills, he just doesnt use them right. You dont need to sell albums to 13 year old girls to be good. It aint about sales!! "Your boats gonna sink, cuz all you see is sales" -KRS

mookie2001
06-15-2005, 09:26 PM
i also forgot eric-parrish making dollars

ya wicked overseer

Dre_7
06-15-2005, 09:29 PM
completely right. it should be about talent , not popularity (duncan). however thats not the way the world works anymore.

Bingo!!!!

Dre_7
06-15-2005, 09:33 PM
so dont give him shit about selling albums to 13 year olds when he also sells to 35 year olds

I wasnt just talkin about him.

But in a way he did pick his fans. When you market toward a certain group of people then you did, in a way, pick those people. Or at least you attempted to picl them. KRS-One could have sold out and became a "murder murder, sex, money, drugs" type rapper and marketed and promoted himself and he would be up there with the other mainstream artists as far as record sales go.

Dre_7
06-15-2005, 09:44 PM
aight im done talking. all i have to say is if u dont like eminem, thats fine. i dont give a shit. but if u dont like him cuz u dont think he is talented, u are a fool. There are two better rappers in my mind than him (jay and pac), but that is just my opinion. There are tonnnnnnnnns of other rappers that dont get noticed that are almost just as good, however their shit doesnt sell for a reason whether or not that is fair. aight im out. Pac is the best rapper not alive, Jay is the sickest rapper above ground.

I never said I hated Em. He is good. He is talented. He is just not the 3rd greatest MC of all time. It doesnt mean he sucks. Hes just not # 3.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-15-2005, 09:47 PM
BUSHWICK BILL is fucking better than eminem

Vashner
06-15-2005, 09:54 PM
Ok let's write our own Rap song to sing TO Em..

"Hey em.. stfu.. you little BEEP.. hahah you loose.. how you like that" etc..
*If we win the series. (just being silly)
Ok that's weak but let's see if ya'll can make a funny rap poem that if you where
in like a rap off face to face you would sing to Em.

Dre_7
06-15-2005, 09:55 PM
who are ur number one and two? jay and Hova? they have to be. I am set on that. I am not firm on eminem as number 3, i just cant think of anyone better....

Um KRS and Rakim.
If you cant think of anyone better them Em, lemme help. Jay Z, Pac, Biggie, Nas, and you can also see my other post:

Is that a good enough list of better rappers then Eminem?

JamStone
06-15-2005, 10:18 PM
I was a Eminem fan until i saw him spining his towl around like a helicopter when Ben Wallace slam it. I knew he was from Detroit but i didnt know he was a hardcore Pistons fan. Im so dissapointed. Tell me what yall think

Let me get this straight, you USED TO BE a fan of Eminem, but when you saw him spinning his towel after a slam dunk by one of the players of the team he roots for, not to mention the team of his hometown, you decided you didn't like him anymore???

Because if you're a celebrity, you shouldn't get hyped at a basketball game?

Because he's a Piston fan in general?

Because spinning a towel in the crowd is wrong?

Because you would rather him be a bandwagon San Antonio Spurs fan?

If you were a fan of Eminem, I don't see why him being a Piston fan or getting hyped at a basketball game would change your opinion. I can understand if you came to the realization that his music sucked, or that he became to mainstream, or that you found out he's a dick that you would stop liking him. But, because he's a "hardcore" Piston fan, that's why you stopped liking him?? Ummmmmm ok ...

ceds
06-16-2005, 12:06 AM
WTF isnt Nas on any of these top 5 lists?? Illmatic has to be up there with the best rap albums of all time.

1. Rakim
2. Nas
3. Biggie
4. Jay
5. KRS One
6. Pac

No way Em can crack that top 6..that being said the Slim shady lp was darn good for its time. If he had kept up at that level he may have had a case for top 10

JamStone
06-16-2005, 12:17 AM
I personally think It was Written was a better album than Illmatic. But, both are classics.

theMUHMEshow
06-16-2005, 12:24 AM
I go to a lot of games and I have seen Eminem at 4-5 of them. I also know he was at all the Finals games last year. He doesn't go to everygame but neither do most people. More useless bashing for no reason.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I wish you werent such a LIAR!

He was at one game last year, with paul rosenburg. (finals) He showed up halfway through the first, and left right before halftime....

Whatever comeback with your "i go to games, he was at all the finals games" I ahve pics to prove I was there...and I KNOW YOUR FULL OF IT. :king

ceds
06-16-2005, 03:53 AM
NAS-ARE U FUCKIN kiddin me bro? come on now. hate me now is the only song he has that is tight.....even jay-z has my back on that one. Read these lyrics (especially the last couple):

I dont really know how to respond to such bullshit..your out of your element kid

Nas is a lock for the top 5

Dre_7
06-16-2005, 04:40 AM
NAS-ARE U FUCKIN kiddin me bro? come on now. hate me now is the only song he has that is tight.....even jay-z has my back on that one. Read these lyrics (especially the last couple):

(ALL ABOUT NAS)
Youse the fag model for Karl Kani/Esco ads
Went from, Nasty Nas to Esco's trash
Had a spark when you started but now you're just garbage
Fell from top ten to not mentioned at all
to your bodyguard's "Oochie Wally" verse better than yours
Matter fact you had the worst flow on the whole fuckin song
but I know - the sun don't shine, then son don't shine
That's why your - LAAAAAAAME! - career come to a end
There's only so long fake thugs can pretend
Nigga; you ain't live it you witnessed it from your folks pad
You scribbled in your notepad and created your life
I showed you your first tec on tour with Large Professor
(Me, that's who!) Then I heard your album bout your tec on your dresser
So yeah I sampled your voice, you was usin it wrong
You made it a hot line, I made it a hot song
And you ain't get a corn nigga you was gettin fucked and
I know who I paid God, Serchlite Publishing
Use your - BRAAAAAAAIN! You said you been in this ten
I've been in it five - smarten up Nas
Four albums in ten years nigga? I could divide
That's one every let's say two, two of them shits was due
One was - NAHHH, the other was "Illmatic"
That's a one hot album every ten year average
And that's so - LAAAAAAAME! Nigga switch up your flow
Your shit is garbage, but you try and kick knowledge?
(Get the fuck outta here) You niggaz gon' learn to respect the king
Don't be the next contestant on that Summer Jam screen
Because you know who (who) did you know what (what)
with you know who (yeah) but just keep that between me and you for now

Ether destroyed Jay Z.

Nas is amazing!! If you cant see that, I dont know what to say!

Dre_7
06-16-2005, 04:41 AM
WTF isnt Nas on any of these top 5 lists?? Illmatic has to be up there with the best rap albums of all time.

1. Rakim
2. Nas
3. Biggie
4. Jay
5. KRS One
6. Pac

No way Em can crack that top 6..that being said the Slim shady lp was darn good for its time. If he had kept up at that level he may have had a case for top 10

Not a bad list, but no way Jay and Biggie are better then Kris!

SouthernFried
06-16-2005, 07:39 AM
Now I get rap!

The only place in our society..where you can actually get away with NOT being politically correct! It's a backlash movement against political correctness! "You want me to be polite and nice?? Fuck you nigga!"

Of course...the stupidest shit I've ever read...but, still....

A backlash against PC?

Or, as most say... just children being naughty and doing the rebellion thing, with some adults making huge dollars of their naivete and their parents willingness to indulge their kids...

GrandeDavid
06-16-2005, 07:42 AM
That's enough already about freaking M&M! How embarrassing that this crap is still be discussed.

HULKAROCK
06-16-2005, 08:30 AM
What do you expect?? He's from MIchigan.. Looks like the loss hit a nerve with the Spur's fans.. How stupid.. Awww.. Plans not going your way??

mookie2001
06-16-2005, 08:33 AM
george gervin is from detroit
and i love shawn rogers, roy williams and cory redding who currently reside there
i just dislike eminem because he's horrible at his profession

Sonia_TX
06-16-2005, 09:21 AM
This is the most ridiculous thread I've ever seen. lol

Eminem, JayZ, 2pac....who cares...this is about basketball...now lets move on and cheer on our teams.

nkdlunch
06-16-2005, 09:22 AM
please let this thread die... please!

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-16-2005, 09:30 AM
Extended stupid debate forum.

mookie2001
06-16-2005, 09:35 AM
aw man yall are so much more mature and basketball knowledgable then us dumbasses in this thread, we're talking about rap music when theres a game tonight

dam we're stupid

nkdlunch
06-16-2005, 04:27 PM
not this fucking thread again. This thread better not be up here when game starts. It's gonna be bad luck :(

WayDowntownBang
06-16-2005, 04:30 PM
I've got my Outlook reminder set to pop up at 8:59 EST, reminding me to 'bump' this thread ;)

nkdlunch
06-16-2005, 04:32 PM
that's cold man. why u so mean? :cry

nkdlunch
06-16-2005, 04:36 PM
If you wanna conversate w/yourself go for it :tu

you rainman mofo :lol

nkdlunch
06-16-2005, 04:52 PM
alotta other people are talkin.......

yeah.... inside your head :lmao

underoath
06-16-2005, 04:53 PM
How can anyone overlook Immortal Technique? Listen to Dance with the Devil and then hear that freestyle he spits in the end and then come tell me who the best MC is.

Eminem? I'll admit I'm a fan of his but I lost a lot of respect when he came out with Encore. It wasn't that good and all his songs sounded the same as The Eminem Show.

WayDowntownBang
06-16-2005, 04:58 PM
that's cold man. why u so mean? :cry

You know us Rasheed fans. We're all assholes. :king

Dre_7
06-17-2005, 02:17 AM
Well after that game 4, I bet Eminem is singing: "I aint never seen an ass kicking like that!"

nkdlunch
06-17-2005, 02:18 AM
The more I see Eminem at Pistons games. The more he seems like white trash to me.

game 3 he had a plain white shirt on, game 4 he had the whole outfit including a red headband. What's he got planned for game 5?? Dressing up like the damn horse mascot??

SuBZer0
06-17-2005, 02:40 AM
""Twenty thousand other white rap-pers emerge!"
--Eminem"

It was 20 million

Flea
06-17-2005, 08:44 AM

:lol

I think Eminem is entertaining. Being that he is from detroit is it really a surprise that he is a Pistons fan? The only entertainers/fans I can't stand are the so called fans that show up only when their team is on top and in the finals. Thank God the Lakers didn't make it or we would have to watch all these celebrities pretending to be BB fans.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-17-2005, 09:47 AM
i dont care if he likes the marshall rams his music still makes me sick

I would hate him if he were a fan of the Marshall Rams.

/Holmes '98

Lady Marmalade
06-17-2005, 06:42 PM
if he were from SA and a Pistons fan i'd be upset... since he's from there i see no problem.

Dre_7
06-17-2005, 11:53 PM
if he were from SA and a Pistons fan i'd be upset... since he's from there i see no problem.

I have no problem with what team he cheers for. I just think most of his newest stuff sux.

MI21
06-18-2005, 01:39 AM
Funny to see a lot of people talk about something they know very little about :lol

(a few people exlcluded)

Gatita
06-18-2005, 02:08 PM
WGAF about him? I thought his 15 minutos were up a long time ago.

Uncle_Rico
06-18-2005, 03:04 PM
i dont care what team he likes. enimem is weak his new stuff sux and so does his old stuff. not to mention his beats are fucking weak. please anyone can make raps going off on pop stars. screw him and his wannabe pac ass.

Dre_7
06-18-2005, 06:24 PM
Infinite is his best album ever.

Ever heard of it GIG?

mookie2001
06-18-2005, 09:17 PM
rap is still an art and no ones from the old school, cause rap is still a brand new tool

dude
Eminem sucks.
little kids like him

Cant_Be_Faded
06-20-2005, 11:22 AM
he's like the pat croce of rapping

mookie2001
06-20-2005, 12:37 PM
he's like a white hitch

Dre_7
06-20-2005, 10:03 PM
what up?