PDA

View Full Version : Ha Ha....GOP forced to become Euro Lovers...

Nbadan
10-21-2011, 12:25 AM
....rather than give Obama any credit for Killing Gadhafi....

As you might expect, Republicans aren’t exactly rushing to credit the Obama administration for first the downfall and now the death of Moammar Kadafi, even though the United States was part of the NATO force that backed the rebels who deposed the longtime Libyan leader.

Sens. John McCain and Marco Rubio, who have favored strong U.S. intervention in the Libyan conflict, took it one step further Thursday, praising the efforts of Britain and France in bringing down Kadafi.

That’s right. France. It wasn’t all that long ago that House Republicans were renaming their French fries.

“Let’s give credit where credit is due. It’s the French and the British that led on this fight and probably even led on the strike that led to Kadafi’s capture—or to his death,” Rubio told Fox News Channel before making similar remarks on the Senate floor.

LA Times (http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-gop-credit-obama-20111020,0,5192293.story?track=rss)

Wild Cobra
10-21-2011, 04:08 AM
Well, France has given in to Sharia Law advocates years ago. They actually drove this in the UN more than many other nations. We supplied primarily equipment.

I say let Obama take credit, and when this blows up in his face...

boutons_deux
10-21-2011, 06:14 AM
"France has given in to Sharia Law advocates years ago"

bullshit. The official French law is Napoleonic, not Sharia. If the 6M Muslims in France want to submit to their own Sharia law (and many ethnic Maghrebins born in France are not devout Muslims but Westernized), that's their option, just like in UK.

The Libyans made and led their own revolution, not foreigners.

xeromass
10-21-2011, 06:43 AM
Cobra got it right again. Not.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/apr/12/french-veil-ban-woman-niqab-fined

Wild Cobra
10-21-2011, 06:46 AM
Cobra got it right again. Not.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/apr/12/french-veil-ban-woman-niqab-fined
I take it after caving in to Muslims some years back, they made a 180 then.

Drachen
10-21-2011, 08:03 AM
I take it after caving in to Muslims some years back, they made a 180 then.

France has been just about the most anti-muslim country in the West. I will qualify that as within their borders. They are friendly with Muslim nations, but have passed law after law to protect Frenchness within their borders.

As to the OP, fuck, it has been stated (by the admin) from the beginning that this is Britain and France's baby except for instances where ONLY the US has capability (i.e. drones, satellite intelligence, etc). I see nothing wrong with the OP.

CosmicCowboy
10-21-2011, 08:29 AM
France has been just about the most anti-muslim country in the West. I will qualify that as within their borders. They are friendly with Muslim nations, but have passed law after law to protect Frenchness within their borders.

As to the OP, fuck, it has been stated (by the admin) from the beginning that this is Britain and France's baby except for instances where ONLY the US has capability (i.e. drones, satellite intelligence, etc). I see nothing wrong with the OP.

Exactly. France took the lead in Libya.

mingus
10-21-2011, 09:05 AM
I thought France and GB led the effort. Not sure what there is to be butthurt about the situation.

cheguevara
10-21-2011, 09:30 AM
:lmao sucking up to the french

hitmanyr2k
10-21-2011, 11:44 AM
I don't care who gets the credit. As long as no U.S. troops are dying and we're not doing stupid shit like blowing up a country and spending billions of taxpayer money to rebuild it's all good. Nice to see some teamwork among nations and efficiency for a change.

boutons_deux
10-21-2011, 12:51 PM
Jon Stewart, as always, bitch-slaps the bitches

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/10/21/stewart-on-gaddafis-death-what-the-fck-is-wrong-with-republicans/

George Gervin's Afro
10-21-2011, 01:04 PM
but,but he led from behind..

Nbadan
10-21-2011, 06:04 PM
I thought France and GB led the effort. Not sure what there is to be butthurt about the situation.

Yeah, the US wasn't involved at all....

Meanwhile back in reality

WASHINGTON — With the end of the Libya mission in sight, U.S. officials were looking ahead to where they might shift American aircraft and drones that have played a role there for seven months, right through to the assault on Moammar Gadhafi’s convoy.

And they were looking toward the formation of a stable Libyan nation, despite worries about the difficulties of forming disparate rebel groups into a unified government.

As international leaders tried to sort out the details of the ousted Libyan leader’s death, U.S. officials confirmed on Friday that an American Predator drone took part in the airstrikes that hit Gadhafi’s convoy. It’s still not clear exactly how he got his fatal wounds.

The officials said the Predator fired on the convoy on Thursday as it was fleeing Gadhafi’s hometown of Sirte, and French aircraft launched guided missiles. According to accounts a number of vehicles in the convoy were damaged or destroyed. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the operations

Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/congress/gadhafi-death-amounts-to-victory-for-obamas-approach-but-little-impact-likely-on-election/2011/10/21/gIQAxAGi2L_story.html)

Creepn
10-21-2011, 06:23 PM
I keep hearing conflicting reports about the convoy attack. Some articles say maybe a jet fighter from GB struck the convoy. Or another said that there weren't any bomb craters at the site so it was done by a French helicopter. Then another report says that the American Predator spotted them and struck the convoy.

But none of the reports denied that it was the American Predator drone that actually spotted the convoy in the first place.