PDA

View Full Version : Things that it's good to know

bdubya
06-15-2005, 01:25 AM
It's good to know:
- that Ben is still Ben
- that the Pistons can shoot like yesterday's leftover sh!t for the first half and still beat the almighty dominating anointed-next-champeen Spurs
- that Dice's turnaround can be as automatic as I remember it being way back in the regular season
- that Ben is still Ben
- that Rip, if he makes a point of it, can still just plain RUN AWAY from Bowen until he gets enough space for a shot
- that Rip can actually HIT that shot when it counts (in Michigan anyhow)
- that I STILL underrate Chauncey
- that Ben is still Ben
- that Spurs fans are also merciless about their team's shortcomings
- that Tay and Sheed were both sub-par on offense tonight and we still won big
- that on defense, Lindsey Hunter is the most self-centered, greedy-for-the-ball mofo on the PLANET, and he's a Piston.

OTOH, it sucks to realize that:
- after an effort like the last 1.75 games, the Spurs were overdue for a letdown, and they STILL delivered another 0.75 of top-notch play before it hit
- even at this elite level, home court counts for all that, a W or two, and a bag of chips
- if the Pistons hadn't been "playing with the light switch" this season, they could HAVE that home-court advantage for this series
- they DON'T have that home-court advantage
- no matter if the Spurs just decided as a team that they would suck tonight, or if the Pistons actually earned this win the Right Way, the Pistons need to defend home court two more games in a row to have a serious chance of keeping the Crown.
- 1-2 is better than 0-3, but 2 is still > 1

Ball Don't Lie
06-15-2005, 01:40 AM
Here's the deal - Game 4 is the most critical game in this series. If the Pistons win, they are officially back in this mofo, and the Spurs will start to have visions of the 2004 Lakers. If Detroit loses, we have problems.

I think that winning Game 5 will be much easier than winning Game 4. We need to be prepared for SA's very best shot.

mavsfan1000
06-15-2005, 01:56 AM
Is this the dream thread?

Go Pistons Go!
06-15-2005, 03:13 AM
Pistons will WIN game 4. Count on it boys. Then the series will be 2-2, Pistons will be hyped up, win game 5 and head to SA up 3-2. I know the Pistons, they have heart, and they are about to prove it to the Spurs. :) Go Stones!

TheTruth
06-15-2005, 03:27 AM
Reasons for the Spurs to be confident.

- Duncan had one of his worst games of the playoffs, and ALWAYS comes back with a huge game. You can take that to the bank.
- Tony has show that he can get to the rim at will against billups.
- Manu had his WORST game of the playoffs by far. He will come ready next game.
- Rip still shot a low percentage. When it takes him less than 25 shots to score over 20 i will say he has Bruce figured out.
- We were still getting wide open threes most of the game. Pistons better not count on them missing next time.
- We won't be suprised by the press next game. Pop will have them ready for it.
- Three subpar games by Rasheed and Tayshaun is not a fluke..Its a trend. Count on another one in game 4.
- The Spurs respond to losses very well.
- Manu and Tim won't have bad games again.

GoSpurs21
06-15-2005, 03:43 AM
well I hope you are enjoying hubbie "detriot" brown
I have listened to all three broadcasts and it sure seems like I am listening to pistons homers
I guess all the whining that the detroit players and coaches did paid off, the pistons sure did get all the calls tonight. not the reason the Spurs lost but i sucked in addition to the pistons homer broadcast by ABC the last 3 games

too bad all the refs that hate the Spurs were reffing the game tonight, none will be in game 4

TheTruth
06-15-2005, 03:49 AM
well I hope you are enjoying hubbie "detriot" brown
I have listened to all three broadcasts and it sure seems like I am listening to pistons homers
I guess all the whining that the detroit players and coaches did paid off, the pistons sure did get all the calls tonight. not the reason the Spurs lost but i sucked in addition to the pistons homer broadcast by ABC the last 3 games

too bad all the refs that hate the Spurs were reffing the game tonight, none will be in game 4
I dont think the whining had much to do with it. The home team usually gets more calls (though it was not that bad tonight). I just wish they would have called the moving screens. Those were really pissing me off.

GoSpurs21
06-15-2005, 04:10 AM
I dont think the whining had much to do with it. The home team usually gets more calls (though it was not that bad tonight). I just wish they would have called the moving screens. Those were really pissing me off.then why does detroit players and coaches whine so much during the playoffs...and I am not just talking about the finals

TheTruth
06-15-2005, 04:17 AM
Every team whines to the refs. It is part of the playoffs. The Spurs don't do it near as much after games, but they do whine to refs during games.

I just don't think that it effects games as much as homecourt does.