PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Owners or Players.

midnightpulp
10-21-2011, 08:43 AM
Whose side are you on?

midnightpulp
10-21-2011, 08:48 AM
Hmmm. When I tried to employ the poll option, if responded with an error message about exceeding characters.

Brazil
10-21-2011, 10:03 AM
I don't care tbh I just want to watch some bb

Giuseppe
10-21-2011, 10:14 AM
I don't care tbh I just want to watch some bb

Bend over. I'll give ya some fuckin' bareback.

xellos88330
10-21-2011, 10:51 AM
I am with the owners more than the players. I mean come on... if it weren't for the NBA and its owners, those guys wouldn't have their millions.

Isitjustme?
10-21-2011, 02:56 PM
Hmmm. When I tried to employ the poll option, if responded with an error message about exceeding characters.

Some horribly unfunny faggot rocket fan with an Ari Gold troll spammed the forum with shit polls so Kori punished all of us and took them away.

CubanSucks
10-21-2011, 04:41 PM
Some horribly unfunny faggot rocket fan with an Ari Gold troll spammed the forum with shit polls so Kori punished all of us and took them away.

the fuck is that shit? If someone's being a dick why can't they just have their thread creating privileges taken away?

cobbler
10-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Neither.

What is needed is a season ticket holder union. It would be pratically impossible but if you could organize all the season ticket holders in all the arenas you would have a powerful seat at that bargaining table. The owners want 50% the players want 53%... Hmmmm.

So as head of the ticket holder union I can promise you that if you dont start the season on time with no loss of games that you will have none of our members show for the entire season. In fact Mr Hunter and Mr Stern, we want that 3% in ticket and concessions price reductions or we dont show.

And if you blow off this season... we blow off the next one too. I bet they would be playing today!

Amazing when an average hard working man or woman cannot afford to take his family to a game yet these millionaires and billionaires cannot slice up the pie to their satisfaction. A pie that is created by the only people without a seat at the table. US.

xellos88330
10-21-2011, 05:39 PM
Neither.

What is needed is a season ticket holder union. It would be pratically impossible but if you could organize all the season ticket holders in all the arenas you would have a powerful seat at that bargaining table. The owners want 50% the players want 53%... Hmmmm.

So as head of the ticket holder union I can promise you that if you dont start the season on time with no loss of games that you will have none of our members show for the entire season. In fact Mr Hunter and Mr Stern, we want that 3% in ticket and concessions price reductions or we dont show.

And if you blow off this season... we blow off the next one too. I bet they would be playing today!

Amazing when an average hard working man or woman cannot afford to take his family to a game yet these millionaires and billionaires cannot slice up the pie to their satisfaction. A pie that is created by the only people without a seat at the table. US.

This would be fun as hell!!! :toast

TE
10-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Neither. These people are making a shit load of money to entertain. That's it and that's all.

Fighting for another or a couple of a million dollars from either side doesn't make sense when you already have so much.

DMC
10-21-2011, 06:57 PM
Owners.

As an owner, you always have the right to say how much you are willing to pay the help. If the help doesn't think it's enough, work elsewhere. Ah but most of the help have such lavish lifestyles they couldn't live a week without going broke outside the NBA.

Not my problem.

DMC
10-21-2011, 07:02 PM
Neither.

Except as a season ticket holder, you've paid for every home game already. Why would the owners give a fuck if you don't show? If you don't pay next year, you aren't a season ticket holder any longer so there goes what bargaining power you had.

Fans have no voice here. You would be showing your fandom by the effort in the first place.

Better to just give your money to the other corrupt sports than try to unionize the fans.

BRHornet45
10-21-2011, 07:09 PM
Owners and the thousands of team employees who work for them.

Anyone who understands the basic concepts of running a business big or small will agree that the owners deserve the bigger piece of the pie. Its funny, yet sad how people who argue otherwise always forget about the team employees making 40k a year that will be out of a job thanks to the greed of the spoiled players. Owners 55%, Players 45%. Get it done.

DMC
10-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Wrong my friend. Most season ticket holders are repeat customers, so they do have bargaining power.. Imagine Buss telling Jack to fuck off... not going to happen. Fans do have a voice if they chose to use it properly.
Repeat customers who have to pay again next year.

Threatening to not show up after you have paid is stupid. Where's your leverage?

The Heat have empty games all the time, even though the seats are season ticket holders.

They seem to be doing ok.

The only leverage is your buying power. Hell, car manufacturers have been fucking repeat customers for years, and all they care about is that the car makes through the warranty period. You're on your own after that.

TimmehC
10-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Fuck 'em all.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Didn't season ticket holders get the option to get their money back?
Yeah. It'd be illegal for owners to keep the money of season ticket holders. I know with the Suns, Season ticket holders are getting monthly credits (so once all November games are officially cancelled, they'll get all their money back for November, and so on and so forth).

It's still a raw deal for season ticket holders as they basically gave the owners an interest free loan.

DMC
10-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Didn't season ticket holders get the option to get their money back?

No one is going to be charged for games that don't happen, so whether or not the season ticket holder bitches about not having games, the owners are well aware that no games means no money.

If someone gives up their season tickets, someone else will likely buy them.

cobbler
10-21-2011, 09:08 PM
Except as a season ticket holder, you've paid for every home game already. Why would the owners give a fuck if you don't show? If you don't pay next year, you aren't a season ticket holder any longer so there goes what bargaining power you had.

Fans have no voice here. You would be showing your fandom by the effort in the first place.

Better to just give your money to the other corrupt sports than try to unionize the fans.

Yes, we would eat our money for the present season. But with that comes a big ole shitscare to the owners come time to re-up for the next season.

Also, you are forgetting a major part of the owners income. Concessions, Parking, and TV revenue. Ticket sales are only a portion of the money involved.

Yes its a far fetched Idea as I stated originally but if you could truly get the vast majority of season ticket holders, including the luxury box owners to buy in you would have a very powerful seat at that table.

DMC
10-21-2011, 09:21 PM
Yes, we would eat our money for the present season. But with that comes a big ole shitscare to the owners come time to re-up for the next season.

Also, you are forgetting a major part of the owners income. Concessions, Parking, and TV revenue. Ticket sales are only a portion of the money involved.

Yes its a far fetched Idea as I stated originally but if you could truly get the vast majority of season ticket holders, including the luxury box owners to buy in you would have a very powerful seat at that table.

Some people don't know how season tickets work for the most part. If a really good seat opens up, someone else with snatch it up. It's expensive because it's in high demand. You don't have a corner on it. You either re-up or you let someone else buy it.

Giuseppe
10-21-2011, 09:32 PM
Fuck 'em all.

I call dibs on DoK.

cobbler
10-21-2011, 09:32 PM
Some people don't know how season tickets work for the most part. If a really good seat opens up, someone else with snatch it up. It's expensive because it's in high demand. You don't have a corner on it. You either re-up or you let someone else buy it.

I know very well how season tickets work as I have owned Kings and Lakers tix for over 30 years.

Again, it was just an idea and I acknowledged that it would be practically impossible to organize.

With that said, if you dont think if you had the vast majority buy in that it would strike fear in the owners your nuts. It's not easy to drum up thousands of people willing to part with the cash. Especially in the small markets. Ticket sales only make up about 35% of a teams revenue. With that said, sure others would snatch them up but why wouldn't the "fan union" real them in as well. It's in their best interests no?

All hypothetical of course but IMHO you would strike fear into not only the owners but even more so the players. Would be interesting at the very least.

DMC
10-22-2011, 11:08 AM
I know very well how season tickets work as I have owned Kings and Lakers tix for over 30 years.

Again, it was just an idea and I acknowledged that it would be practically impossible to organize.

It wouldn't work.

mavsfan1000
10-22-2011, 11:20 AM
I'm for the owners. Fuck the players. In particular the greedy ones.

The Franchise
10-22-2011, 12:20 PM
Players. They have made more concessions than the owners. Going from 57% to possibly 50% and no more than 53% is a huge jump. The owners have not even tried to negotiate in good faith. Besides, nobody gives a shit about the owners when games are being played. There is no NBA without the players. As an owner if you aren't happy with your profits then sell the team. There's a line around the block willing to buy it.

DMC
10-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Players. They have made more concessions than the owners. Going from 57% to possibly 50% and no more than 53% is a huge jump. The owners have not even tried to negotiate in good faith. Besides, nobody gives a shit about the owners when games are being played. There is no NBA without the players. As an owner if you aren't happy with your profits then sell the team. There's a line around the block willing to buy it.
I've heard the clamoring over the high demand for the Timberwolves and the Cavaliers.

The Franchise
10-22-2011, 12:41 PM
I've heard the clamoring over the high demand for the Timberwolves and the Cavaliers.

Do you think those owners would have a problem selling their teams?

Koolaid_Man
10-22-2011, 12:51 PM

and you would know about exceeding characters with OCD and all....:lol

11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111
11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

MR.SILVER&BLack
10-22-2011, 01:36 PM
lets see. we have 2 groups of incredibly wealthy men arguing about who deserves more money. fuck them both.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-22-2011, 07:50 PM
For some reason I thought they could get their money back in a lump sum. They should they are not getting what they paid for.
Good luck to Stern getting Sarver to pay the money back with interest :lol

Mel_13
10-22-2011, 08:17 PM
Good luck to Stern getting Sarver to pay the money back with interest :lol

I'd check with your season ticket holder friends to be sure. I can tell you that the Spurs have confirmed that they will be refunding my money with interest.

Giuseppe
10-22-2011, 08:21 PM
^Bend over. I'll show ya some fuckin' interest.

Mel_13
10-22-2011, 08:22 PM
^Bend over. I'll show ya some fuckin' interest.

Grotesque and incomprehensible as ever.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-22-2011, 08:23 PM
I'd check with your season ticket holder friends to be sure. I can tell you that the Spurs have confirmed that they will be refunding my money with interest.
I've read the memo Sarver sent out to all season ticket holders. He did everything he could to persuade season ticket holders to take the option of not getting any money refunded but taking what they're owed + 10% entirely in Suns credit, then briefly mentioned the option of getting your money back in monthly cash payments as games are officially canceled.

Maybe he's changed the policy since then, but the original letter I read didn't mention anything about interest.

Mel_13
10-22-2011, 08:25 PM
I've read the memo Sarver sent out to all season ticket holders. He did everything he could to persuade season ticket holders to take the option of not getting any money refunded but taking what they're owed + 10% entirely in Suns credit, then briefly mentioned the option of getting your money back in monthly cash payments as games are officially canceled.

Maybe he's changed the policy since then, but the original letter I read didn't mention anything about interest.

Ok.

The Spurs offered two options. Leave the money on account at 5% or get monthly refunds at 1%.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-22-2011, 08:28 PM
Nevermind I just checked, the 2nd option for monthly refunds did have 1% interest.

Fans still get fucked IMO. It's a near interest free loan the fans never agreed to.

BRHornet45
10-22-2011, 08:43 PM
sons here is one of my emails from the Hornets about what they are doing for season ticket holders ...

http://i56.tinypic.com/k16xqr.jpg

oh and yes I selected the standard option. give me my money back

ElNono
10-22-2011, 08:56 PM

Solid choice, tbh...

Mel_13
10-22-2011, 08:59 PM

Same here.

At least the Hornets had the honesty to call the current situation a lockout. The email I received from the Spurs referred to it as a work stoppage.

Giuseppe
10-22-2011, 09:21 PM
^Bend over. I'll give a fuckin' work stoppage.

Kori Ellis
10-22-2011, 10:12 PM

Calm down.

Giuseppe
10-22-2011, 10:19 PM
Calm down.

This comes as no surprise. I was more than half expecting you.

I'll abide your dictate.

ElNono
10-22-2011, 10:28 PM
:wow

benefactor
10-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Cully needs to spend more time upstairs. It would do him some good as he seems to be much more palatable up there.

ElNono
10-22-2011, 10:32 PM
Mother Kori just putting children in timeout... nothing to see here

Jacob1983
10-22-2011, 11:20 PM
I'm on the side of the fans. I have no sympathy for the players and owners. They are a bunch of arrogant selfish greedy bastards. I think the fans will be screwed big time if the whole season is cancelled. Fans of the Grizzlies, Thunder, and Mavs will be screwed big time too. Those teams had awesome seasons last season and it would be a shame for their fans not to see their teams.

m>s
10-23-2011, 04:30 AM
owners & niggas just be fucking each other it ain't no good thing for neither side if the season is canceled, they all fucking know that damn well but none wants to make a concession imho

m>s
10-23-2011, 04:33 AM
I'm quitting it now since my nation's hero Yao has retired