PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Fuller

jag
10-23-2011, 12:37 PM
What's going on with him?

He's a 6'4" physical specimen, with great hands and leaping ability who used to consistently put up stats while facing double coverage. Now he's having trouble getting open while facing mostly single coverage. I know he had an injury coming into the season but reports say he should be completely healthy. He also had concussion-like symptoms during the Tech game and didn't play after the 1st quarter. But that was 3 weeks ago. After working out with Larry Fitzgerald all summer he came into this season as the #3 ranked WR but has since seen his stock fall week after week.

I found it kind of funny yesterday hearing commentators talk about how great Ryan Swope is and how he's A&M's biggest threat through the air. Swope is a good player and had a great game against Baylor, but it's fairly common knowledge that he's their #3 option behind Fuller and Nwachukwu.

That being said, Fuller hasn't looked like a #1 option lately and hasn't had any explosiveness off the line. I can only assume he's still injured and will start to improve. Other than that, I'm not sure what is going on with him.

Sisk
10-23-2011, 01:57 PM
Swope is currently our #1. Statistically and because of the chemistry Tannehill and him have. Fuller has dropped multiple balls that have hit him in the hands this season. He seems disinterested out there.

Stats:

REC YDS AVG LONG TD
Ryan Swope 40 619 15.5 68 (TD) 6
Jeff Fuller 32 351 11.0 27 2
Uzoma Nwachukwu 25 343 13.7 47 (TD) 1

Swope is currently our best receiver. I'd put Fuller and EZ tied at 2nd, maybe Fuller slightly ahead. I don't put it completely on Fuller yet, because all he's been running is long out routes or comebacks, and he's been nursing that hamstring. However, he's got to step his game up these remaining games or he's going to be a 5-6th round pick.

Veterinarian.
10-23-2011, 02:00 PM
Tbh Jeff was good in his first few seasons and yes he is physically gifted. His motor isn't all there though at times dating back to HS.
He was at McKinney Boyd my freshman year and For being Scouted so much, he didn't produce for shit an I thought he would be a bust in college

johngateswhiteley
10-24-2011, 09:19 PM
What's going on with him?

He's a 6'4" physical specimen, with great hands and leaping ability who used to consistently put up stats while facing double coverage. Now he's having trouble getting open while facing mostly single coverage. I know he had an injury coming into the season but reports say he should be completely healthy. He also had concussion-like symptoms during the Tech game and didn't play after the 1st quarter. But that was 3 weeks ago. After working out with Larry Fitzgerald all summer he came into this season as the #3 ranked WR but has since seen his stock fall week after week.

I found it kind of funny yesterday hearing commentators talk about how great Ryan Swope is and how he's A&M's biggest threat through the air. Swope is a good player and had a great game against Baylor, but it's fairly common knowledge that he's their #3 option behind Fuller and Nwachukwu.

That being said, Fuller hasn't looked like a #1 option lately and hasn't had any explosiveness off the line. I can only assume he's still injured and will start to improve. Other than that, I'm not sure what is going on with him.

has to be injury, which can create a multitude of problems.

1) not full speed in practice; lost some explosiveness
2) timing off
3) confidence
4) chemistry individually and also created with other receivers (at Fuller's expense)
5) might not even be fully healed

...sucks, cause he is a great player and we need him if A&M has any chance to run the table here on out.