PDA

View Full Version : Sprint Cutting Unlimited 4G Data Plans

ElNono
10-24-2011, 12:46 AM
Sprint Cutting Unlimited 4G Data Plans

"In a notice posted Thursday on the customer support section of its website, Sprint said it would impose monthly data caps (http://www.itworld.com/networking/215587/sprint-cutting-unlimited-4g-data-plans) on plans for all tablets, laptops, netbooks, USB and PC Card modems, and mobile hotspot devices — everything, that is, except smartphones. The caps will begin with each subscriber's next bill following notification, the carrier said."

Xevious
10-24-2011, 03:15 AM
Only a matter of time before they cap their phones too. :depressed

Drachen
10-24-2011, 08:07 AM
This sucks. I will bet you that I know exactly when the change will happen. About 3 months after LTE begins.

Also, if this T-mobile AT&T deal goes through, it is being said that Metro PCS is going to get a whole ton of assets off of it, so maybe they will be unlimited (and extend their reach).

jacobdrj
10-24-2011, 08:21 AM
Sticking with pre-paid... It is the only system that makes sense...

Boost Mobile (ironically owned by Sprint) will be my carrier for a long long time, I should think, unless they screw us pre-paid guys too...

Drachen
10-24-2011, 08:25 AM
Sticking with pre-paid... It is the only system that makes sense...

Boost Mobile (ironically owned by Sprint) will be my carrier for a long long time, I should think, unless they screw us pre-paid guys too...

Do you like boost better than virgin?

spurs_2108
10-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Title is misleading....

ElNono
10-24-2011, 11:33 AM
Title is misleading....

Just the messenger, tbh. I lifted it from slashdot and it had that title.

leemajors
10-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Title is misleading....

it'll come to pass soon enough

jacobdrj
10-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Do you like boost better than virgin?

No. I don't.
Virgin has unlimited Data and Text, but only 300 or 400 minutes of talk. That is no good for me, but only because I do a lot of Tech Support calls, so I need unlimited everything... And it is only 30 a month... Less I think for those lucky enough to be grandfathered in to the $25 plan...

If I all of a sudden stopped doing Tech Support, I would drop Boost in a hearbeat for Virgin... Data and texting are so much more important in general...

I am on Shrinkage with Boost, and while I will eventually only be paying 45 bux a month, currently I am still paying over 50... That is a LOT of money... Still better than any post-pay services, and i mean ANY, particularly because that price I pay includes all fees and taxes, other than Sales Tax here in MI, so I never get any surprises: either my phone works or it doesn't... But Virgin is the same way, but cheaper...

leemajors
10-24-2011, 01:31 PM
You can't do tech support with Google Voice over WiFi or something similar?