PDA

View Full Version : Can't anyone say thanks to parker?

RobinsontoDuncan
06-15-2005, 06:04 AM
If not for parker who played a very good game last night, the Spurs would have been blown out, where is ice Cold brew and all the stupid tony bashers now?

orhe
06-15-2005, 06:10 AM
i don't know man... i watched the game for 3 minutes into the first quarter and about 3 minutes left in the fourth (i had a class to go to).

Pretty much the whole team sucked... yet up to the 4th quarter we were pretty close.

while i liked tony's aggressiveness his overall play didn't really warrant a very good game description. His pick and roll play wasn't really there (sure he picked his spots on the pick and rolls). when he wasn't scoring and was really getting pressured he refused a lot of open looks and TD rolls, post ups. but still i'm not placing any blame on him. it's just that nobody played great (except for maybe barry). Tony didn't do anything to warrant a good game thread...

i still do remember that it was beno's play that really turned the game around... geezzz he was in there for 10 seconds lol and the whole game was lost.

kudos though to Parker for playing aggressive while everybody were pussies

TheTruth
06-15-2005, 06:15 AM
actually, I think they were blown out. Tony did play a good game.

SouthernFried
06-15-2005, 07:24 AM
I get on Parkers case a lot.

But, I have to agree. Parker played strong last night. I don't care how many points he got, or that we lost the game. Parker didn't play scared or soft. He went inside, got hit...and kept going inside.

His outside shot went in a couple times...but, it's still iffy for him. But, that's not anything new. He still has to work on it.

But, Parker has come to this series. I haven't seen a soft game from him yet during them.

ginobme
06-15-2005, 07:29 AM
I agree parker did a great job last night, as far as the rest of the team you had to see it coming....they got every call, every tip, every bounce went their way and we were still in it, but turnovers kill you everytime.

SWC Bonfire
06-15-2005, 08:16 AM
Parker had a great game, I thought, and kept the spurs in it for 3 quarters.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-15-2005, 08:18 AM
He was the only bright spot that I saw in that game for the Spurs.

boutons
06-15-2005, 08:20 AM
I thought Tony played well in general. Several times he did seem to Stevie-Francis a bit, a bit too much one-on-one, dribbling, and not enough ball movement. But he hit his shots and hung tough in a tough game.

spur219
06-15-2005, 08:29 AM
Parker played a good game. Everything just went wrong for the Spurs since the beginning from the steal to Ginobili banging knees.

The Spurs will get game 4 and 5.

nkdlunch
06-15-2005, 09:11 AM
Parker was super tough, getting his ass beat everytime he penetrated and coming back for more. I got mad respect for him now. Manu's balls got held up at Fedex office, they'll arrive Thursday.

team-work
06-15-2005, 09:51 AM
Yes, Parker has matured a lot compared to the 2003 Finals, and 2004 WC Semi-Finals.

Also, comfort to all Spurs fan :

1. Duncan always reacted to 1 or 2 bad game(s) with a good one throughout this playoff run. His psyche is much tougher. He can take all the blame, without need for protection, eg vs the media, by Popovich, Malik Rose etc.

2. Still got the HCA.

3. Brent Barry has scored.

4. Devin Brown was allowed to play by Pop and scored.

TwoHandJam
06-15-2005, 10:23 AM
I must agree. Parker played a strong game when no one else would. Props to him.

WayDowntownBang
06-15-2005, 10:25 AM
Tony played solid when no one else seemed to want to. On the other hand, I wouldn't call this a blowout as some people would have suggested. A solid win yes, but a blowout? Nah.

SPARKY
06-15-2005, 10:27 AM
When all else fails you put the ball on the court and attack the basket. Parker knows that well. I think the knee contusion knocked Manu off his game early, both in disrupting the rotation but also in changing his focus. It did feel at times that he was playing tentatively.

Parker was the reason the Spurs were in that game through the end of 3 last night.

TNT21
06-15-2005, 10:29 AM
If there is a silver lining to this loss it would be Parker's play. He went inside knowing he would get his head knocked off. Props to Tony and Brent for being the only Spurs hustling last night. Now if we could only get a couple of the other guys involved **cough** Nazr (Hands of Stone) Mohammed. He missed a couple of passes for easy dunks/layups.

whottt
06-15-2005, 10:32 AM
Parker's done a good job of holding his own in this series period. He's the Spur guarding the finals MVP...

Just wait till he has a great game...You can tell he's not playing at his most confident, but he's fighting through it...

We're going to get a game where he just owns Billups...on both sides of the ball...hopefully it will be soon.

1Parker1
06-15-2005, 10:43 AM
I think until last night, Parker was just biding his time and letting Manu and Duncan do his thing. He stepped it up last night knowing that he had to because Manu was injured and Duncan was sucking. Where's that thread about Parker reaching his ceiling?
This is a classic example of how much he has improved. If he can learn to play that aggressive and Manu-like more and hit his FT's, that's a large improvement on his numbers right there. I loved his aggresion last night. Nevermind the FG% or # of assists--which were down due to most of the Spurs missing there shots.

Props to Bruce, Parker, and Barry--Barry should have played more minutes and shot the ball more, I think he could have saved us last night if he had the chance to hit some more 3's.

silverandblackreign
06-15-2005, 12:38 PM
Tony was great on the offensive end; although, I would love for him to increase his assist totals. He also needs to regain his Game 2 defense against Chauncey...

Cant_Be_Faded
06-15-2005, 12:42 PM
When parker chose to attack the basket in the 1st half, it was very well timed.

He didnt look for his teammates or do much else though. Overall bad night. His points and baskets in the lane are to be expected.

Chris4
06-15-2005, 12:48 PM
Thanks, Tony. You're my hero.

Jimcs50
06-15-2005, 12:54 PM
Maybe TP can have a great 2 games coming up and win the MVP.

Chris4
06-15-2005, 12:55 PM
You're right Tayshaun is due.

constantstate
06-15-2005, 12:59 PM
You're right Tayshaun is due.
I think he meant Tony "the frenchman" Parker (TP)
not Tayshaun "the mummy returns" Prince (TP)

RobinsontoDuncan
06-15-2005, 06:24 PM
Tyshaun is do, but he isn't going to get his anyway, the man has no offensive skill apparently.

Dre_7
06-15-2005, 07:33 PM
Why the heck cant the Spurs have at least one game where the big 3 are ALL playing great?!?!?!?!

Enough of this, One plays well and the other two dont, or two play well and the other one doesnt. COME ON!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol

san antonio spurs
06-15-2005, 09:35 PM
Why the heck cant the Spurs have at least one game where the big 3 are ALL playing great?!?!?!?!

Enough of this, One plays well and the other two dont, or two play well and the other one doesnt. COME ON!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol

tony has played well in those 3 games so far, he wasn't needed to score cuz manu,timmy and at a certain degree bruce were carrying the load, he had his hands full defending billups and pressure the ball, distributing the ball and all that, and yesterday if both manu and timmy were playing aggressive,tony wouldn't have to score 21, he scores 12 or 15 not because he can't score more,but because he doesn't have too.
got it????
________
Web Shows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

IceColdBrewski
06-15-2005, 09:51 PM
If not for parker who played a very good game last night, the Spurs would have been blown out, where is ice Cold brew and all the stupid tony bashers now?

This is what cracks me up. Parker can disappear for 2-3 games at a time and I won't say a word. But as soon as he finally lets the world know that he still plays for the Spurs with a strong showing, I'm suddenly the center of attention.

Vashner
06-15-2005, 10:01 PM
Ever Since Eva stayed at his house that night they stayed up watching stack of Blockbuster videos...

He's been different...

The boy's in love man... it can mess with your head..

THEN he's at home on web reading this forum late at night and see's eva with who?

FRIGGIN DARTH VADER lord of the sith and supreme commander of Imperial Army lol..

Duh... = stress.. :)

Jebus1210
06-15-2005, 10:20 PM
I like Tony he is an waesome player and like all players he has his off games but he does always bounce back!!! Thank God he he came to the Spurs!!!