PDA

View Full Version : Manu Ginobili/Derrick Rose more clutch than Kobe?

Juggity
10-25-2011, 02:48 PM
David Thorpe Writes about Manu Ginobili's many gifts (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/david-thorpe-espn-manu-ginobili-james-harden)

..few players scare opposing coaches late in games more than Ginobili because of his poise, confidence and ability to shake defenders with or without the ball to create enough of an opening to get off his shot. Last season his effective FG percentage in the last eight seconds of the shot clock was 48.2 percent, compared to Derrick Rose’s 47.5 percent and Kobe Bryant’s 46.7 percent — a testament to why Ginobili is so feared in the clutch.

Frenzy
10-25-2011, 02:59 PM
And the haters come in.....right about...

Nathan89
10-25-2011, 03:14 PM
These are things we know...

MR.SILVER&BLack
10-25-2011, 04:02 PM
kobe fanboys dont believe in percentages. its against their Religion.

stretch
10-25-2011, 04:12 PM
spur fanboys dont believe in truth. its against their religion.

JamStone
10-25-2011, 04:18 PM
Ginobili is one clutch motherfucker. I'd have no problem with giving him the ball with the game on the line in the final seconds. What makes him so deadly is that he'll take what the defense gives him. Play the drive, he'll pull up. Play the jumper, he'll drive the lane. Double, and he's very comfortable giving the ball up.

That's part of Kobe's problem. He doesn't care what the defense gives him. Play the drive, he shoots a contested jumper. Play the jumper, he shoots a contested jumper. Double, he shoots a contested jumper. Triple team, he dribbles, steps back, shoots a contested jumper. I'm actually surprised he shoots that high a percentage considering he forces the most forced shots in those situations than anyone in the league.

I'd be curious to see how many of Rose's shots are drives at the basket versus jumpers outside the lane. With guys like Rose and LeBron, I'd guess a lot of their shot selections in those situatios are basically putting their head down and using their athleticism and strength to get to the basket. I'd guess that would lend itself to a higher field goal percentage.

Juggity
10-25-2011, 04:18 PM
spur fanboys dont believe in truth. its against their religion.

I, for one, believe in the truth, which is:

Last season his effective FG percentage in the last eight seconds of the shot clock was 48.2 percent, compared to Derrick Rose’s 47.5 percent and Kobe Bryant’s 46.7 percent

Dex
10-25-2011, 04:43 PM
Ginobili is one clutch motherfucker. I'd have no problem with giving him the ball with the game on the line in the final seconds. What makes him so deadly is that he'll take what the defense gives him. Play the drive, he'll pull up. Play the jumper, he'll drive the lane. Double, and he's very comfortable giving the ball up.

That's part of Kobe's problem. He doesn't care what the defense gives him. Play the drive, he shoots a contested jumper. Play the jumper, he shoots a contested jumper. Double, he shoots a contested jumper. Triple team, he dribbles, steps back, shoots a contested jumper. I'm actually surprised he shoots that high a percentage considering he forces the most forced shots in those situations than anyone in the league.

I'd be curious to see how many of Rose's shots are drives at the basket versus jumpers outside the lane. With guys like Rose and LeBron, I'd guess a lot of their shot selections in those situatios are basically putting their head down and using their athleticism and strength to get to the basket. I'd guess that would lend itself to a higher field goal percentage.

Lebron would rather toe the three-point line and put up a contested jumper so that he can have his glorious, "Look What I Did" moment with his wrist cocked. After all, it worked for him that one time...

FkLA
10-25-2011, 04:46 PM
Ginobili has been better than Kobe in the clutch percentage-wise for years now.

Ginobili is the most cold-blooded international player of all-time.

Ozzy
10-25-2011, 05:04 PM
And the haters come in.....right about...

Nah, he wasn't even secure enough to come in here. He opened another one of his trademark threads instead ...

Jodelo
10-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Ginobili is the most cold-blooded international player of all-time.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

NewcastleKEG
10-25-2011, 06:19 PM
Rose is better than Kobe ever was

Nathan89
10-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Rose is better than Kobe ever was

He has already tied him in MVP trophies.

JamStone
10-25-2011, 06:37 PM
Lebron would rather toe the three-point line and put up a contested jumper so that he can have his glorious, "Look What I Did" moment with his wrist cocked. After all, it worked for him that one time...

Fair point. Or this season, he also showed his favorite move in those situations. Dribble until the very last split second, then pass to Eddie House for the jumper.

FkLA
10-25-2011, 06:53 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

https://bobcatspanish.pbworks.com/f/Manu+Ginobili+Mouhammad+A-image-1.jpg

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUMljOW2bdlrwyimR02XTcNlBtlgQOW 7mzKfQpT6UMH3oErxqANqFXhlzXIg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3046/3016435243_6d49a11085.jpg

pass1st
10-25-2011, 07:51 PM
Always said Fisher is the go-to guy in crunch. Hard to put stats on being clutch; What are the made/missed gamewinner percentages of the 3?

nevitt_&_smrek
10-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Sp*rs fans obsessed with KB because he's beaten their team so many times.

ElNono
10-25-2011, 09:45 PM
^^^^ :cry :cry :cry

ElNono
10-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Always said Fisher is the go-to guy in crunch. Hard to put stats on being clutch; What are the made/missed gamewinner percentages of the 3?

tbh Fish was always a cold motherfucker... and this is besides .4

It was actually surprising to see his wheels finally fall off last season...

pass1st
10-25-2011, 09:56 PM
tbh Fish was always a cold motherfucker... and this is besides .4

It was actually surprising to see his wheels finally fall off last season...

He could play 1 quarter with fire still, I think. A good clutch player to come off the bench when shit hits the fan.

ElNono
10-25-2011, 09:58 PM
He could play 1 quarter with fire still, I think. A good clutch player to come off the bench when shit hits the fan.

He was money the season before, in the conference semis or finals, I can't remember... I do remember he had a couple of back to back baskets that sealed the deal. That season he reminded me of Horry for us '05. Just flat out coming through.